The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did Nikita choose Sophie??

+3
degdelta
Katherine
aquarianjewel
7 posters

Go down

Why did Nikita choose Sophie?? Empty Why did Nikita choose Sophie??

Post by aquarianjewel Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. Maybe I'm not reading carefully enough, but I can't quite piece together the reason why Nikita picked Sophie. I totally get that Nikita does indeed care for Sascha - I mean seriously, making a phone call to her seconds after infecting Gareth? She's a total MOM. haha. Why did Nikita choose Sophie?? Icon_lol But it's not yet certain why Sophie appears to be integral to the Nikita-Sascha dynamic. Any thoughts?

By the way, my sister and I LOVE this series! We've been fans since the very beginning and we have long discussions all the time about these books. It's great to find others as obsessed as we are!
aquarianjewel
aquarianjewel

Back to top Go down

Why did Nikita choose Sophie?? Empty Re: Why did Nikita choose Sophie??

Post by Katherine Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Maybe because Sophie was thrown away by her parents.

Sorta makes you wonder just how silent Nikita is.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 pm

i believe that when we read about how perfect someone's silence is it is them telling themselves that. but as we know, you can tell yourself something all you want - it does not make it so.

i think that Nikita is not truly silent when it comes to her daughter, no matter what she wants others to think, otherwise Sascha would not have survived being flawed, and all. and she also would not have had Sascha working in such a high position. AND! i think she would have tried for a different successor.

just my opinion.

D

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:26 pm

I've always thought the same. Ever since I finished the first book.

degdelta wrote:
i think that Nikita is not truly silent when it comes to her daughter, no matter what she wants others to think, otherwise Sascha would not have survived being flawed, and all. and she also would not have had Sascha working in such a high position. AND! i think she would have tried for a different successor.

just my opinion.

D

D
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:41 pm

I agree, you actually saw her protecting Sascha in the first book when she took her to the rehab center and told her to protect herself so that others wouldn't put her there too.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Rageane wrote:I agree, you actually saw her protecting Sascha in the first book when she took her to the rehab center and told her to protect herself so that others wouldn't put her there too.

Yes and she was also protecting Sascha when she (Nikita) said that Enrique couldn't possibly object to Nikita protecting the deal.

I would LOVE to see more of the world through Nikita's eyes. She's one of my favorite characters.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aquarianjewel Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

so I sent an email to Nalini Singh asking this very questions and her cryptic response was basically, I can't answer that because then it'll ruin the future stories. Smile I love Nalini - she' has truly created such a fantastic world!!
aquarianjewel
aquarianjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:19 am

I think Nikita choose her because she has some Empathy in herself. She is not as Silence as she want everyone to believe. Very Happy

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:20 am

I have just been re-reading the books (after reading HoO) trying to filter out clues (mostly to do with Kaleb, but also about other stories). I have been wondering about Nikita's connection to Sophia, too, and even entertained the thought that she is her daughter, but the timing doesn't fit. She was abandoned by her parents at age 8 and she is not 8 years older than Sascha, but still...

Actually, there are two references to this question in BoJ: on page 61 (Berkeley pb), Kaleb is wondering, too, why Nikita chose Sophia of all Js, since there seems to be nothing remarkable in her abilities to set her apart. And on page 340, Sophie says the following to Nikita when she goes to her to interview for a job as an advisor:

"I've thought and thought about why you might've asked for me on this assignment and I can only come up with one answer." And it was an answer beyond Silence, and answer to do with mothers and daughters, with redemption and forgiveness. "But I can't make myself believe it. Not of you."
Nikita took five long minutes to respond. "Pick up the standard employment contract on your way out. [...]"

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 pm

hmm, but if she chose Sophie for some special reason she also chose the other flawed Psy for some reason...I mean, hmm, there are soo many flawed Psy in LA, connected to her and Anthony....you know what I mean Wink 
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah, lots of flawed Psy live in the area, I get that, but it is still something else to make one of those flawed Psy your advisor, effectively taking her into your inner circle. Also, what do you make of the second quote, the stuff about "mothers and daughters" and "redemption and forgiveness"?

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:58 am

monadh wrote:Yeah, lots of flawed Psy live in the area, I get that, but it is still something else to make one of those flawed Psy your advisor, effectively taking her into your inner circle. Also, what do you make of the second quote, the stuff about "mothers and daughters" and "redemption and forgiveness"?

The way I see it, Nikita is trying for Forgiveness of her treatment of Sascha through the redemption of accepting Sophia into her ranks. But also, I see Nikita as the female alpha of the psy...she has a deep subconscience need to protect the vulnerable, which is in the most strictest sense a flaw of silence...But one that is not perceived to be in existance by the psy race, it's quite a conundrum!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down