I've got a very bad feeling...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I've got a very bad feeling...

Post by Madhura on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

I don't see that happening as it would severely undermine Lucas and Hawke's Alpha capabilities.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by aquarianjewel on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Ladyhawke wrote:I think we may get more SD deaths than DR deaths. Nalini introduced a lot of new high-ranking characters in PoP, with discriptions that were just detailed enough that you got a basic hint at personality...but not too developed that the reader would get super attached. It's with that in mind, that I think a lot of the "main" character deaths are going to be from SD.

Of course, I could be wrong...which would break my heart, b/c I've grown attached to all the main characters that have had books. I don't want to see any of them go down.

That would suck since I really liked the SD lieutenants. I so want a story between Gem and Kenji. HILARIOUS, those two!!
aquarianjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:54 am

Katherine wrote:
whynot9 wrote:And if Kit survives, I see his book as being one where he breaks off and forms his own pack. He's a little too young for that now. But yeah, I think we've met the next generation.

That makes sense. Lucas is a young and powerful alpha. He'll rule the pack until he dies of old age.

As someone else pointed out, there are a lot of youngsters in the pack. Some of them might want to go their own way.

It's mentioned somewhere that DarkRiver is a relatively speaking "young" pack, a lot of young adults and juveniles compared to older adults. (in StS?) I think that, assuming Lucas & Kit don't die, Kit could, with Lucas's blessing, form his own pack with some others his own age, and maybe a *few* older folks. DarkRiver has had packs seed off from them before, and remain on good terms with those packs (also in StS?) So having small, new packs break off from an established pack would be a way to 1)prevent there from being an alpha challenge when there is a good alpha and one who has the potential of being good, and 2)keep the pack's ratio of 'olders' to 'youngers' more balanced. I think that as long as things are relatively peaceful (if that ever happens!) the ones who leave the pack, especially the younger adults, might see it as an adventure/chance to prove themselves. But they would still stay in touch with DarkRiver and their families.

Lucas and Kit's trainers are investing a lot of time and energy into getting him ready to be alpha, and yes, it is in case something happens Kit can take over ASAP. But it would seem that they wouldn't want to waste that if Lucas is still around and going strong when Kit is ready to become an alpha. Having Kit take a small part of the pack to start a new pack with would be a way not to waste Kit's potential, since that pack would stay on good terms with DarkRiver.

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:25 am

The thing is Kit's what 20, 21 and Lucas became Alpha at 25 and Tammy said that becoming alpha at 25 was VERY young and unusual.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top