Maternal Dominants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maternal Dominants

Post by Katherine on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 pm

I wonder what sets a Maternal Dominant apart from the other dominants. Any ideas?
Katherine
Admin

http://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Maternal Dominants

Post by cheebee on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Dunno, but I do wonder if maternal dominants can have equal or higher rank than a sentenal.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 am

Maternal Dominants are those wolves who are in the higher rank structure of the central core of the pack...kinda like the non-comissioned officers of the military...they are the backbone of the family construct of the pack, and they follow the officers (Alpha = General, followed by Leiutenant, and so forth). The Maternals are the nurturers of the pack, and the dominants are the leaders of the nurturing group.
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:11 am

Somewhere it talked about some Maternal Females in DarkRiver having higher rank, but I can't remember where. Early on in the series (VoH I think)(yup, Ch. 20, page 231) when Dorian and Vaughn have to intervene in a fight between Kit's "pack" and Cory's "pack", their punishment is to be determined by the maternal females in charge of discipline, and they are evidently even tougher than the sentinels might be. Of course that's DarkRiver, not SnowDancer, but maybe they in both packs they could have rank close to if not equal to the lieutenants/sentinels.

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum