The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOS, first chapy advanced excerpt now up!

+12
Jenjen89
arne
silverdezz
twixter_tea
Rageane
Anna84
Katherine
lia
cheebee
tabitha
Nicole
sephora
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KOS, first chapy advanced  excerpt now up! Empty KOS, first chapy advanced excerpt now up!

Post by sephora Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:41 am

On the weblog..im sooo happy and sad and angry and impatient!

http://www.nalinisingh.com/snow.html
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

KOS, first chapy advanced  excerpt now up! Empty Re: KOS, first chapy advanced excerpt now up!

Post by Nicole Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks for the notice. Amazing chapter-I want this book to be out now!

Nicole

Back to top Go down

KOS, first chapy advanced  excerpt now up! Empty Re: KOS, first chapy advanced excerpt now up!

Post by tabitha Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm

It's as amazing as I thought it would be, full of pent up emotion and angst and the loveliness of Hawke Very Happy I can't wait until June Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh man that's awesome. You know from reading that excerpt I think its pretty obvious that Sienna is his mate........I mean I don't know how Nalini will resolve the issue of his deceased "mate" but think about it he's totally irrational where Sienna is concerned. Hawke's a man with a LOT of control but he's wanted Sienna since she was TOO young, she get's under his skin when she shouldn't be able too and he can't even bring himself to say the word mate in connection with Kit.

It's so obvious, except to him.

I also think that somehow Sienna's going to have to temporarily leave Snow Dancer......otherwise the power difference is TOO big for lovers, she's already at an age difference and with Hawke having the power to punish her, well it just doesn't seem to work.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by lia Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:08 pm

yay!! can't wait til summer for the whole book!

...do you think Maria made some comment about Hawke, and that's who Sienna was defending? Or has Sienna just been getting out of hand for the past month because she saw Hawke with that rando blond lady?

lia

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:43 pm

I think Maria probably made some way out of bounds comment either about Hawke or the Lauren family ........... something that would probably be justifiable for Sienna. I don't really like the power Hawke has over Sienna as her Alpha. I think it really unbalances everything.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:44 pm

......but yeah I think she's mad at him because of the blonde chick.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:15 am

I think it would be really cool if the question of Sienna going back to silence came up.. That would rock Hawke.

I just want the whole dead mate thing to be done and over with. let the dead girl NOT be hawke's mate..

Aren't mates supposed to die soon after one dies..so considering that, the girl cannot be hawke's mate..

@cheebee, i totally concur.. Sienna SHOULD go away somewhere for awhile, just to rattle Hawke up..
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:25 am

Is it just me or was Hawke too harsh of Sienna? I mean three weeks punishment for a simple fight? And the other girl only got one week. No fair!
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:31 am

I just reread the chapter for the third time! Some things that stood out:
1) Hawke telling Lucas-Sienna is not his
2) Sienna looking at Hawke in the eye when being punished. He does not dominate her.
3) Hawke's wolf being attracted to her strength
4) Hawke knows the full extent of her powers-per Judd's loyalty and bond.
5) I had to think a lot on the punishment. 1 week the same as Maria (but would not be as harsh on her due to the psychic bond and the rest would give her a chance to heal). 1 week with the babies (this would teach patience but also give her the opportunity to bond again). 1 week as a dish hand (humbling but will rebuild her strength). No patrols until she can be trusted. I think the no patrols has to sting the most.
I get why her punishment had to be worse than Maria's as she not only left her watch to fight but disobeyed a direct order. Yes that order had to be annoying as, it was for her protection but it was an order (and the order does somewhat balance out the fact that Hawke protects the rest of the pack by prohibiting her use of powers). I am wondering if Sienna would have gotten the third week punishment if she had not interrupted Hawke.
6) I like that Maria tried to show loyalty to Sienna by admitting she started the fight (when it became clear Sienna was not going to turn Maria in and was in more trouble than Maria was). I also liked that Sienna understood that she could have walked away and was not willing that Maria take the blame for her. What I want to know is how the fight stared?

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by lia Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:54 am

I don't think Sienna would have gotten the 3rd week of punishment if she hadn't interrupted Hawke - I think he did it solely because she had been acting out of hand lately and he needed to be firm and put her in place in the pack hierarchy.

Also, I agree with Nicole, Hawke dominates Sienna as her Alpha, but his wolf doesn't intimidate her, and I think that does a lot to balance out the power play. Just the comparison between how Maria acted in the face of Hawke's anger (all meek, eyes lowered) and Sienna's blatant defiance in raising her arms and answering his questions showed that.

lia

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna84 Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:13 pm

6) I like that Maria tried to show loyalty to Sienna by admitting she started the fight (when it became clear Sienna was not going to turn Maria in and was in more trouble than Maria was). I also liked that Sienna understood that she could have walked away and was not willing that Maria take the blame for her. What I want to know is how the fight stared? [/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'd like to know too!!
First of all, I don't understand whether Maria actually started the fight by throwing the first punch of if she was teasing or making fun of Sienna- or of someone Sienna is close to- and Sienna felt she had to react by attacking her...
Honestly I can't come up with a reason why Maria would punch Sienna... wait, might it be because she is spending so much time with the cats? even though snowdancer and darkriver are allies, they do keep saying ''damn cats'' and ''damn wolves''...

and, I was wondering...
what if kit decided to go to the den and visit sienna during her one hour of freedom per day? Would he have to get permission from Hawke! Anyway, sienna and hawke are going to be very close, since she's going to staying in the soldier quarters... Very Happy

Anna84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:27 am

Katherine wrote:Is it just me or was Hawke too harsh of Sienna? I mean three weeks punishment for a simple fight? And the other girl only got one week. No fair!

You are comparing oranges and apples here. A psy is much different than a changeling, the one week is equal to the three in a changeling's mind...and the fact that Sienna got a week with the children is to help her maintain her control and patience under pressure...and the third week is simply as a an outlet for his fury at her for getting hurt.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:00 pm

The chapter was both cruel and brillant. I got to see me some more HAWKE&SIENNA. I was honestly i some serious withdrawal issues due to lack of H&S!
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:29 pm

twixter_tea wrote:The chapter was both cruel and brillant. I got to see me some more HAWKE&SIENNA. I was honestly i some serious withdrawal issues due to lack of H&S!

Hence, i am sad and angry and impatient...

I too, think the third week happened coz she interrupted him..lol..poor Sienna...cant catch a break..he wants her, so he keeps pushing her...Im not gonna say poor Hawke, coz im hoping the "hellion" that Sienna is supposed to have within her, comes roaring to the surface and makes Hawke spin..
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Just a thought, i feel really bad for Sienna, though. Having to stifle herself so much so as to being called an old soul....I know that's because her abilities are destructive, but it seems she became older/serious much faster, and while that is gud w/r the Hawke situation, it's really not fair for her as a person..And then Hawke is like sandpaper to her most times..
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 am

As Hawke is punishing Sienna (which I believe it's not her fault...the punishment is too harsh), how can Nalini even out the field. Right now, Hawke has more power than Sienna (cuz he's the pack leader)...it's not fair for her to be in a relationship. The reason why Lucus and Saharah work is due to their balance in power...i can't see how it work with this couple....

I agree with sephora...Hawke is like a sandpaper with Sienna most of the time. I understand why...(he's older, no mate..blah. blah. blah) but i believe Sienna deserves better...As much as i want them together, i kinda want Hawke work more on this relationship ( be more nice to Sienna)...SO far...he is quite mean to Sienna...I can't help but think Sienna should try dating with Kit...at least he is nice and sweet to Sienna....She doesn't deserve Hawke's coldness and gruff (despite all his reasons) i mean he can be friendly to her even with all those reasons)

Hm... Would Sienna be in the Council and help people who are in Silence? I think that would be interesting.....this story reminds me of matrix....not everyone want to get out of matrix....some people want to stay in matrix...I mean as long as ppl get to choose (free will), it's ok to be silence. Would sienna be in Silence too...lol...screw Hawke and all !!! and chose a different path...be in Council...haha

Imagine Sienna as a member in Council and Hawke as the wolf pack leader....that pretty much even up the field...lol!
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:26 am

It`s very nice and amazing. It was a perfect christmas gift.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenjen89 Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 am

I have wait for the story of Hawk and Sienna for almost 4 or 5 books and I´m really happy to hear, that the next book will be about them!
It´s an interesting couple, I think, because there is so much electricity in this relationship.
I´m hoping for some interesting situations with Kit and Hawk. Kit is really sweet, but he is not the right male for Sienna. We will see it in the next book!
(sorry for my bad english, I´m german, but can´t discuss about the next book in Germany, because the latest book here is brandes by fire...)

Jenjen89

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:56 pm

I think she got the 3. week because he thinks (maybe) if he treats her hard enough she will dislike him enough that his wolf can get his temper under control.
And maybe Maria said something (about the DarkRivers? Kit? Hawke or her family?) and Sienna responsed, Maria got angry, so, when the wolf came out, she punched Sienna, and Sienna responsed ...
you know how we girls are Laughing
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, I REALLY want to know what all went down between Sienna and Maria. I def think there's more to it than just defending her territory or whatever. I wish Nalini would tell us now but I seriously doubt she'd answer if I begged. ;-)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 am

Unlike many i believe that the punishment Hawke gave Sienna was entirely justified. unfortunately because, as he himself noted, he'd 'babied' her previously, she was undermining his authority by her behavior, regardless as to whether it was justified or not.

Remember folks - the pack is at war, undeclared but real. any chink, any weakness can be used by the other side, and leaving your post to do something you were ordered not to do is leaving the group open for destruction.

Hawke adding the third week on was, as i read it, for her attempted subordination. he, as Alpha, cannot afford to have her question him in his role for any reason. the consequences are harsh but necessary.

All that said, the balancing of power between the two is going to be very interesting.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

He thinks he babies her.......that's his perspective and the only one we've gotten so far........but it seems to me his perspective has already been shown to be unreliable where Sienna's concerned. It doesn't seem to me from the pictures we've seen of them in past books that he has babied her, it seemed to me in all those snippits that he was rather harsh not babying. So I don't think from his thoughts alone that its a fact that she has been babied.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am

She's probably holding up remarkably well considering the constant pressure and pain she's under from her abilities. Her own uncle was in countless fights before being fully accepted into the pack.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 am

cheebee wrote:She's probably holding up remarkably well considering the constant pressure and pain she's under from her abilities. Her own uncle was in countless fights before being fully accepted into the pack.

The difference between these two cases is that one of them had control of their powers, while the other one is still learning that control. And one of them can kill using his power, while the others power is to kill...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next