Just got my ARC

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just got my ARC

Post by TracyTheOncer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Patricia wrote:Hey! Smile

Yup, we get a scene from Kit's POV which I really adore. It contains him contemplating losing some parts of his anatomy.

LMAO!!!
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 pm

twixter_tea wrote:I guess there really isn't any mocking because they both are soo...well tortured people. I mean why mess with a guy who quite possibly lost his mate...and when he finally meet's his mate (assuming its sienna...hopefully) than u don't really wanna talk shit and mock about it. No

But yeah, a little teasing would've been good. Im sure Singh will add a bit of mockery in the next few books. She probably just wanted to keep the book serious. But that's just my opinion. =]

Agree. I think it's in some ways more serious than the other books.

Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:Patricia,
AMAZING REVIEW!!! =) I read it this morning before I had to leave for work & couldn't comment on it until now. It totally made my day and was quite hilarious too, esp. the "Some fuckers try to take SD down." LMAO! =)

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it Smile It's just.. this book is so important and I had problems because I simply can't do the book justice. If that makes sense.. @.@

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 pm

- deleted -

Last edited by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:09 pm

QUOTES -- Uh, that's tough. Um, maybe this:

Spoiler:
"Where's Lucas?" It was a given that he wouldn't be far (..).
Sascha lifted a finger to her lips, then pointed up. Following the cardinal's gaze, [Sienna] found a black panther draped in graceful sleep over one of the thick branches that supported the aerie (..).
"Wow," Sienna whispered, having never before seen Lucas in animal form. "He's beautiful."
The cat's tail waved lazily.
Sascha laughed. "He heard you--he's just dozing. Stayed up rubbing my back most of the night."
(...)
"Luc will be a Sphinx, won't you, pussycat?" Her mate's responding rumble made Sascha smile. "He's feeling very grumpy this afternoon."

Aand:

Spoiler:
"He's your babybrother (..)"
Pale green eyes widened the tiniest fraction. "Judd would be startled to hear himself described in such a way."
Laughing at the unusual show of emotion, she stole a sip of his coffee before passing it over. "I won't tell if you won't."
"Agreed."

Sorry, those are the only ones I could find that didn't give away too much. Sienna has often been with Sascha and since we all know she's pregnant it's "normal" that Lucas is with her. Second quote seems rather un-spoilery to me, too. Hope those are okay, though. Smile

Last edited by Katherine on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags. (Penance for not paying more attention sooner....))

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I think you did very well picking good quotes that don't give too much away at the same time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 am

Awesome! I just have one silly question.... I don't know if you can answer this, Patricia, but, does Hawke and Sienna... break furniture too? Like Judd and Brenna? I mean... we all know that Sienna is extremely powerful, so..yeah, just guessing. Embarassed
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:46 am

Aaaahahahahahaha, awesome question xD Can't answer, though. What I can give you: She's strong. As we know more powerful than Judd and I think some of the results of their powers are similiar, but they work different..

Last edited by Patricia on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meeh.)

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 am

Can´t wait to read this book....!!!!!
Thank you so much.
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:24 am

(German) Bookblogger who got her ARC today: http://anlisunendlichegeschichte.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/wochenend-neuzugange-2/

She said she's going to read it today Smile Dunno when she's going to write her review but I'm quite sure it'll be an English one, too. (Would be kinda stupid to write a German one only Very Happy)

(Weird, how there are three persons, who speak German and got the ARC. We were lucky this year *dances around*)

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zory on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 am

Hello!
I have a question Smile I hope you can answer.
In the description states Sienna changes the rules (between Hawke and her). Can you tell something about it? Or is it too much spoiler?
And sorry for my english, I´m german Very Happy
I´ve ordered "Kiss of snow" in english because I can´t wait... Still two months, too much in my opinion Smile

Thank you!!
Greetings Karolin

Zory

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm German myself! Wink I'm gonna answer in German and English.

Erstmal, hab alles verstanden, keine Sorge ;p

Also.. Ich muss zugeben, ich finde, der Klappentext ist irreführend. Oder ich habe ernsthaft etwas überlesen. Leider ist das ganze zu spoilerhaft, um es richtig zu erklären, ich kann nur sagen, dass es nicht so ist, dass ihr X-Status es ihr spontan ermöglicht, sich mit ihm zu maten (was ist da bitte ein passendes deutsches Wort? Mäh!). Ja, ich könnte auch nicht auf die Übersetzung warten (Ich lese aber eh immer auf Englisch, weil mir die Übersetzungen nicht sehr gefallen..). Die Titel gefallen mir da auch nie :-! Obwohl die Us-Cover auch n schlechter Witz sind xD Die UK-Versionen sind echt die Besten.. Egal xD

Hoffe, die Antwort war in Ordnung.. Män, als ich den ARC bekommen hab, dachte ich: Cool, yeah, ich bin King. Aber irgendwie ist es doof, dass ich jetzt meinen Mund zu halten hab >_< :'D

And the whole thing in English xD

Sooo, I think the description is misleading.. Or I have seriously missed some parts in the book. The "real" anwer to the question or explaination to (for? or not at all.. man, MY English sucks xD) why it's misleading is too spoilery, so I can't explain it further. All I can say is that it's not like her being an X-Psy makes it possible to mate with Hawke (which I assumed before I read the book xD).

You're welcome! Smile

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnreader on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Thank you Patricia! I love your review and all the quotes! Really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and excitement for the book. I have a question about Kit. Do we get any hint of his future mate in this book? Also, I would love a quote between Kit and Sienna talking about Hawke if possible. Danke! Another Hawke and Sienna fan, looking forward to May 31st!!!

cdnreader

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey! You're welcome. I think I could not not-talk about the book, so you're actually doing me a favor by reading all the stuff Very Happy

Um, no I didn't notice anything like that. There was only this one scene writtin in his POV and other than that we don't see him with females in a romantic way but mostly, no, only as Siennas friend. As for the quote, I can look if I find something, but you have to remind me tomorrow. Wink It's too late now (1.40 am) to start looking for a good quote (cause if I read the quote I'm going to read the book, you see xD).

I DO know that there is a cuuute scene, where Hawke acts all jealous. Loved that:
"You smell of another man"

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnreader on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Patricia,

Danke! If you find anything with Kit and Sienna having a chat about Hawke, that would be great. Now that I've been thinking about it some more, is there any Ben as well? Sorry to be so greedy!(grin) Appreciate all your quotes and helping us fans make it till May 31st.

cdnreader

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey Smile

Yep, going to post it, if there are no spoilers (or small ones only). =)

Uuh, Ben, yes I think there was something Smile

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:10 pm

I thought of something too! Nalini once said that she wrote a scene about Faith seeing Riley/Mercy's future. Is that in there? She said she was going to use it either in a future book or as a short story. I would be surprised if it was in Kiss of Snow, since it doesn't revolve around them, but then again, she still hasn't posted this scene online or in follow-up books. So I'm wondering when we'll get it...
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Uuh, I'm feeling rather uncertain about my hardcorefanabilities, because I didn't even know Nalini wanted to post or include Faiths vision (nor did I know there was this scene written down already). Um, there was little Faith-action in the book; come to think about it, there was little Faith action in all the books lately, or am I wrong? I don't like her, could be that I'm simply ignoring her all the time xD. Well, what I wanted to say: Nope, it wasn't in Kiss of Snow. Or I ignored it and skipped to the foot-fetish-parts. x)

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Jeez, it's 3:45 a.m I'm wide awake and now that I mentioned the foot-fetish I have to read about it. Going to post the quote in an hour or so. *grumbles* Goddamnit, won't even let me sleep, stupid me, gn, now reading the whole book because it's there and I'm here and we're in love and then there is all this stuff happening and gaaa! *finishes grumbling*

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Patricia wrote:Uuh, I'm feeling rather uncertain about my hardcorefanabilities, because I didn't even know Nalini wanted to post or include Faiths vision (nor did I know there was this scene written down already). Um, there was little Faith-action in the book; come to think about it, there was little Faith action in all the books lately, or am I wrong? I don't like her, could be that I'm simply ignoring her all the time xD. Well, what I wanted to say: Nope, it wasn't in Kiss of Snow. Or I ignored it and skipped to the foot-fetish-parts. x)

LOL!! Yeah, that's true about Faith; she's not mentioned much these days (or if she is mentioned, she's not even really in the scene itself). Like you, she's not one of my favorites, but, at the same time, I never disliked her either. Anyway, Nalini said that in some Q&A, I believe. Once Kiss of Snow comes out, I'll inquire about this outtake. She made it seem like the scene was supposed to be about them having kids, but she said she decided to save it for a future book/online short story.
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnreader on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks again Patricia. Looking forward to the quote about the foot fetish (grin) I hope you get some sleep soon. Thanks again for answering all our questions. I'm sure Nalini will put up some new quotes as well and I've been reading some quotes from Goodreads.com. But I cannot get enough of the spoilers being the bad girl that I am. (grin) I especially love the ones where Hawke is jealous.

cdnreader

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Sooo.. while I'm still online:

There is the scene I mentioned earlier:

Spoiler:
"He doesn't see me as an adult female, not in that way."
"Hence my helping hands.. (huge spoiler, harhar, therefore cut out)" Walking over, he tugged on her braid because not touching someone he cared about was incomprehensible to his leopard. "Trust me, kitten. I know when a man wants to rip my head off." Followed by various other parts of his anatomy.

Good thing I'm still ill. Would be a damn excuse. "Yeah, I'm sorry, sir, I was on-line the whole night, reading and talking about a book and those terrific sexscenes."

Last edited by Katherine on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags)

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Haha, nooo, I can't post the foot-fetish sceneS, I'm just making anyone crazy about it. Twisted Evil It's damn spoilery, but worth the wait. =)

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Patricia wrote:Sooo.. while I'm still online:

There is the scene I mentioned earlier:

"He doesn't see me as an adult female, not in that way."
"Hence my helping hands.. (huge spoiler, harhar, therefore cut out)" Walking over, he tugged on her braid because not touching someone he cared about was incomprehensible to his leopard. "Trust me, kitten. I know when a man wants to rip my head off." Followed by various other parts of his anatomy.

Good thing I'm still ill. Would be a damn excuse. "Yeah, I'm sorry, sir, I was on-line the whole night, reading and talking about a book and those terrific sexscenes."

That's so awesome! I think I'd be going insane without your scoop Patricia. =)
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by CK90 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Great post/review/answers, Patricia. Thanks for taking the time to feed our beasts LOL. Totally jealous you got to read it but totally stoked that you enjoyed it and are giddy about the story. That just makes it even more exciting for me. I love you
CK90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum