Just got my ARC

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just got my ARC

Post by FashionSparkles on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 am

Ahhh Patricia I officially just signed up so i can comment on here Razz Loool i am officially obsessed with Hawke and Sienna Razz its already 2:10 AM right now and i am searching for more awesome quotes. Just wanna let you know that you spoil me too much. Seriously I have been a very happy girl all day, i am still smiling, and i think my sister is getting freaked out, but really! OMG you make me happy!

Can I prettyyyyyyy pleassseeee ask for a cute Hawke/Sienna scene? Like an adorable cuddly scene? Pleassee with cherry on top? I am desperate here? Very Happy *bribing you with a virtual chocolate chip cookie*

+ I have a question for you... did the plot of the story took too much of the romance aspect of the book? Since I have been reading some reviews and some people think so? What is your opinion? + Once again thank you <3
FashionSparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 am

I read and reread everything you wrote. Your humour and turn of phrase makes me giggle at times.

I think Faith though always touched me her book anyway as such a sad, sad person because she could not even be touched so as a child no one perhaps even if among Psy where they limit touching in her case it would have been worse. At least with the other Psy they could be touched. I think that made her the most tragic of the Psy. She and Sophie made me feel genuinely sorry for them. I personally do not like Talin but you know hey we all have our likes and dislikes.

I am crazy about these two however and am gobbling up everything I read.
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 am

Like FashionSparkles, I signed up for the forum just so I could chime in about KoS. I think I've read every excerpt and random line out there at least a hundred times! Thanks so much for sharing whatever you can. Is it spoilerish to ask if Sienna goes back to her natural haircolor (that Hawke likes Smile) during the course of the book? Just continue to feed us tidbits of KoS goodness!

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 am

Uh, thank you! *_* *dances around again*

Can I prettyyyyyyy pleassseeee ask for a cute Hawke/Sienna scene? Like an adorable cuddly scene? Pleassee with cherry on top? I am desperate here? Very Happy *bribing you with a virtual chocolate chip cookie*

As for the Sienna and Hawke-scene. I COULD, but it would give away alot and also, you wouldn't enjoy those scenes in the book as much as if you haven't gotten spoiled. Seriously - I have to admit that I'm not only grateful for getting this ARC, because I wanted to read the story, but because I was mostly unspoiled and could enjoy it without being influenced. It's just not the same when you already know that certain things are going to happen.

I have a question for you... did the plot of the story took too much of the romance aspect of the book? Since I have been reading some reviews and some people think so? What is your opinion?

Huh, yes, I think I also mentioned it above. Hawke and Sienna GET their romance, but their is a strong plot this time AND we also have Lara and Walker (who are adorable!). I think this book should either have been longer (like 600 instead of 415 pages) OR it shoulda been two books. Nonetheless they had their moments, their romance, their heartbreaks and so on. I guess what the other reviewers are talking about is, that this romance is completely different than those we already read.

1st book: Sascha was Silent.
2nd book: Faith was Silent. Big time.
3rd book: Judd was Silent and dangerous and damn hot. Okay, the hot-part wasn't really a problem, but still.
4th book: Tally has biig issues about trusting and sexuality, she and Clay are broken
5th book: Shaya won't let go of Silence cause of her evil twin sister
and so on

But with Hawke and Sienna it's different. She isn't really Silent, she is dangerous. She needs control, but she doesn't want to be Silent anymore. It's tragedy Wink They both want each other and they know it from the beginning. There is no Council in the way and unlike Tally or Clay they don't hold a grudge or something like that. It's more.. hm, human. Almost normal, although it's more special than the other stories. The problems are easier to identify with. Hawke already having a mate (even if a dead one, even if he never really mated with her) and Sienna being too young. And then, later, there are other things standing in the way.

Because of that it doesn't feel like the other stories, cause no one has to make the other one fall in love, no one has to seduce the other one. They ALREADY want each other. Bad. Okay, there is seducing, of course, since Hawke's stupid all the times and later Sienna get's why he's stupid and is stupid, too.

Hard to explain without giving away too much, but I can see why other reviewers are not as satisfied with the romance-part in this book. It's simply different (yet there IS lots of romance. Hot romance. Tender romance, soo cute!).

I think Faith though always touched me her book anyway as such a sad, sad person because she could not even be touched so as a child no one perhaps even if among Psy where they limit touching in her case it would have been worse. At least with the other Psy they could be touched. I think that made her the most tragic of the Psy. She and Sophie made me feel genuinely sorry for them. I personally do not like Talin but you know hey we all have our likes and dislikes.

Yes, I think Faith really is a good person, but I couldn't identify with her. I understand Tally. Big time. I have had some problems in my childhood, I have (had) huge problems with sexuality, just as she has had and I think, for me, it was good (maybe even in some ways necessary) to read the book, reading that she was able to handle life and treat herself with respect. Some character-development on my own, you see Wink

Buut, no, I don't think Faith was the most tragic Psy-case. First of all: There are always the Arrows. Plus: There is also Sienna. We (well, you) don't know much about her childhood till now, but it IS said that Ming wanted her until he noticed that she was stronger than he was. Think about it, what do you think did Ming do to her? How did he even notice that she was stronger? As I said, her story is the most traumatizing I've read so far.

Is it spoilerish to ask if Sienna goes back to her natural haircolor (that Hawke likes Smile) during the course of the book? Just continue to feed us tidbits of KoS goodness!

No, it's not to spoilerish. And yes, there will be a change of haircolour, but unless they put it 'back' into the book, there was no scene where Hawke acknowledges the change.

Okay, this time I HAVE to tell you I'm sorry: I already notice my mistakes, but I'm too lazy to change anything right now xD Sorry!

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. @.@ x)

Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey,
Patricia, i don't know if this is a spoiler but, do we get to see Hawke interacting with Toby? Could you put a quote regarding this two or regarding Sienna and Toby? Pleeasee (only if it's not to spoilery) Smile

I have a doubt, do we know what power Walker has? Does Nalini clarify what kind of power Ming has? I know it's mental combat, but do we get anything new regarding his power?... if it's close to Sienna's or not...
I don't know if this makes sense...Sorry if it doesn't.

I'm dying to know... Sienna said in Branded by fire "one slip and boom, I take out the entire den"...Please tell me that she didn't destroyed the den... could you, pretty please?

Thank you so much for your concern with us and for sharing everything you can Very Happy
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Jane wrote:Hey,
Patricia, i don't know if this is a spoiler but, do we get to see Hawke interacting with Toby? Could you put a quote regarding this two or regarding Sienna and Toby? Pleeasee (only if it's not to spoilery) Smile

We do, I'm trying to find a quote, please remind me later. Wink

Jane wrote:I have a doubt, do we know what power Walker has? Does Nalini clarify what kind of power Ming has? I know it's mental combat, but do we get anything new regarding his power?... if it's close to Sienna's or not...
I don't know if this makes sense...Sorry if it doesn't.

There WAS something mentioned earlier about the Lauren-Net that is really important. If there was nothing about his powers earlier, the book reveals alot. Smile

Ming, um, no, he is mentioned a lot, since the book is about Sienna and her past, but NS keeps us in the dark. Mostly at least.

Jane wrote:I'm dying to know... Sienna said in Branded by fire "one slip and boom, I take out the entire den"...Please tell me that she didn't destroyed the den... could you, pretty please?

Sorry, but no, I can't tell you anything about that. We do know she's a thread and she knows it, too. Since she doesn't want to hurt anyone there, it makes her life quite miserable. The thing is, NS told us that she makes the things happen that her heroes don't want to happen...

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Jane wrote:
I have a doubt, do we know what power Walker has?

Just thought I'd chime in - I've been rereading Caressed by Ice & it says Walker is a telepath with an affinity towards young minds (or something like that; sounded like he can train them or something). I'm assuming we'll find out more in Kiss of Snow. =)
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:
Jane wrote:

Just thought I'd chime in - I've been rereading Caressed by Ice & it says Walker is a telepath with an affinity towards young minds (or something like that; sounded like he can train them or something). I'm assuming we'll find out more in Kiss of Snow. =)

You're so damn hardcore, you know that?

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Patricia wrote:
TracyTheGleek wrote:
Jane wrote:

You're so damn hardcore, you know that?

LOL, I know! ;-) It's my spring break, which translates into Psy-changeling marathon.
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm amazed! You're a walking, talking Psy/Changeling-bible.

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm feeling more and more sympathetic towards Sienna. I've liked her before since I knew she'd be perfect for Hawke, but I can't begin to imagine the (painful) control she must endure and have to control that power of hers. I'm just as eager to read about that as I am with, ahem, the foot fetish parts you mentioned.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm

KTL wrote:I'm feeling more and more sympathetic towards Sienna. I've liked her before since I knew she'd be perfect for Hawke, but I can't begin to imagine the (painful) control she must endure and have to control that power of hers. I'm just as eager to read about that as I am with, ahem, the foot fetish parts you mentioned.

I hope she kills Ming for whatever he did to her, lol. =)
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

It is a mark of a good author that she can inspire hatred. I hate Ming with a passion.
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

It must be hard ... trying to ease us the pain of waiting by giving us snippets of the book and at the same time, trying desperately hard not to spoil the book...

Personally, I don't mind spoilers...i find them juicy...it makes u ponder (why? and how can that happen?) I find myself wonder less if i actually have that book because at that time, I am in a rush to read what happen next and no time to think/predict and wonder....

So keep up with ur snippets...i love it ! You should probably post one line or two everyday/or every other day....to tease us more...

I am crazy fan (I'm sure otherswill have no objection) with your teaser....(J. Frost teased us like that when her new book came out...) Very Happy
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey Smile Yes, I understand you, but it's not my choice to make. If Nalini wanted to spoil everyone as Jeanine did, she would do so.

She asked me not to spoil too much and huh, since I'm going to marry her in a few years I don't want to mess up our relationship. Wink

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnreader on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:31 am

Hi Patricia,

Sorry if this is obvious, but who is Jeanine? I don't recall seeing her review at this forum.

I was wondering if it would be too spoilery to ask who said "I love you" first, Sienna or Hawke?

If there was any scenes between Hawke and Riley?

Thank you again, Cdnreader

cdnreader

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Jeaniene Frost is the author of the Night Huntress-series silverdezz is refering to. She was spoiling her fans, huge time. But since Nalini didn't do so I think it's obvious that she doesn't WANT to spoil that much. - Which means I'm not allowed to do so either. Smile

Yep, too spoilery Wink Sorry.

Huuuuuh, Hawke and Riley-scenes.. There is some Alpha/den/pack/sentinel/lieutnant-interaction, of course, and there are a few conversations. Smile

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 pm

The thing with spoilers is like when I get a book and come to a part I am not finding I want to read about like when things are going wrong or some mean behaviour or generally sad stuff and other things I like to jump ahead to keep my hope going that things will get resolved.

I know in romance novels things will end up well but even when they do the journey to get there can be horrible and you end up wishing you never read it like "whitney my love". So I have a terrible habit yes a horrible secret I jump ahead and then I go back because so many books when I have not done that has ended up making me feel simply horrible about reading them.

Of course Nalini has yet to do this to me and I am not suggesting she will but you can understand that macabre interest I have and at the same time the fear of getting spoilers but I do so want to know some things. Am I making any sense ? I do wish I could message you but you're probably getting a lot in your box.
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Message me already! Wink But please via email [urbanreading (at) hotmail (dot) de]

I understand you, I'm like that, too. Although I don't skip forward. Wink

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:07 am

I will ,just need to figure out how to phrase the question. So many things you want to know but I also want to read them myself. I keep imagining scenarios in my head and at the same time I would be very disappointed if any of my scenarios were in the book because I have such a lousy imagination.
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm

To all of those who sent me messages: I can't open them. Dunno why. This is why I want you to write me a 'proper' email at urbanreading (at) hotmail (dot) de // I can open them in my hotmail-mailbox, but as soon as I log in here (as in: The Board) nothing shows up, which means I can't anwer.

I'm going to answer to the most things in this post now, since I think there is no point in asking for spoilers via mail - it's not like I can make differences between anyone - except when you really try to make conversation or have problems with something etc.

So here we go Wink

Before I'm answering, here is something I have to talk about:

First of all: Thank you for all the nice words. I really appreciate them =) Thanks to those of you who said I deserve the ARC, thanks to those of you who said they hoped I'm better now etc.

But, there is this thing.. I get those phrases alot and I want you to know that they don't change a thing.

Since everything I am wishing you to answer me is... spoiler, I need to tell you that I don't think spoilers ruins the book, or any book for the matter, if anything it makes me even more anxious to read the book with my own eyes, to be able to see the characters reactions to the moments, to see the details that Nalini is so good at writing, to be able to... understand the moments and associate the quotes/answers/ everything to the scenes in the book. I don't know if this makes any sense, and I'm really sorry if it doesn't.

I understand you, but as I said: NO, I won't answer everything. I'm not allowed to. And honestly, it's not only about how much you will enjoy the book. It's about Nalini. We do love her. And she doesn't want the spoilers on-line.
If I post them I seriously bitchslap her. And that's the last thing I want to do. So I'm not going to answer to spoilery-questions from now on anymore. I gave away too much already. Wink

Also: If someone else asked already and I didn't answer: I won't answer. I don't make exceptions, because that'd be unfair.

Here all the questions.

Do we see kaleb in the book? is there more information on who he is searching for and if it has any connection with the changelings?

- We have some Kaleb, yep. Who he's searching for, well, I already told you: Can't say that. Wink It's too spoilery.

Does it have scenes with Ben? Do we see Toby, Marlee and Ben with Sienna? How do Walker and Judd feel about Hawke and Sienna?

- Yes, we have Ben, Toby, Marlee and Sienna, but I'm not sure if all of them together. Judd and Walker, well, too spoilery, too.

Does Toby feel "good" with Hawke, and does he agree or like Hawke's relationship with Sienna? (It seems that Toby is really protective of Sienna. Could you put some quote of Hawke and Toby Very Happy?)

- Toby is an Empath and will know whether Hawke is a person to be liked and trusted or not. Wink No quote, sorry.

I love Drew... so I wanted to know if we see him interacting with Sienna... and supporting her?

- We see some Drew, yay. Love Drew, too. Hope he doesn't get shot anytime soon.. Very Happy

You said things about how Sienna's past is really sad and tragic, and that Ming wanted her even before he knew she was stronger than him, and he did something that make Sienna react and Ming learning that she was stronger (ok, confusing, sorry!), it got me thinking... I know that psy are cold and Ming really must be but... did he sexually hurt her?

- Spoiler Question. Thought about it as well while reading and considered: Brenna and Enrique and the whole Psy-race. Don't say that the assumptions I made were right, though.

I want to know your own opinion... Why do you think the book it's called Kiss of Snow? Do you think it's because of Sienna being a psy (cold and everything), because of the place (Sierra Nevada)... What do you think?

- Spoiler Question. Wink

Does Hawke help Sienna controling her powers? In the end?

- Um, spoiler question xD But think about it. From what you know Hawke is the reasons he CAN'T control her powers. Knowing that the only way he could help her is by getting away from her.

- - - - -

There were other mails, and one is reaally good. So kitarad, pleaase write me, I'd love to answer you properly! Your text, or rather what you wanted to happen, is exactly what I was loving about some scenes and the lack of what you wanted is what I hated sometimes. Hope you get my point Wink x)

Going to answer the hotmail-emails tonight or tomorrow. Feeling a little dizzy right now.

I'm going to put all the questions in ONE html-file tomorrow, I think. =)

Hope you're all doing fine!

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Patricia - first of all, I do hope you're feeling better. Second, thank you for providing all that you can. You've been more than generous with our questions so thank you, thank you again! Only sixty something more days till we can discuss this wonderful book in the open! Very Happy

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Thaank you! Smile Yeah, doctor and therapist say I'm possibly going to be better in half a year/one year, so.. until then I have to seize the day and read lots of books ;D

You're welcome!

Oh boy. YES! I'm dying with my new theories xDDDD And want to know what you think about the book. Can only imagine how Nalini's feeling about the book. I mean.. she WROTE it. Would be damn curious if I were her.

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 pm

I really hope you feel better too and I did write to you at the email and I am sorry you are feeling under the weather. Get well soon.
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionSparkles on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Awww hope you get better soon! *sending you a warm internet hug* Smile

Thank you for answering all the questions. You are so nice and generous and I completely understand why you can't add any more quotes and i highly respect your support for Nalini Smile + I have a question for you specifically, who is overall your favorite character from Kiss of Snow, or just overall from the books? I am quite curious to know? What about a favorite couple?

Anyways wish you well <3
FashionSparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum