Off-Topic

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Off-Topic

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 am

hahaha, ich glaub an der Stelle war ich noch nciht gewesen, er war eine TK Zelle gewesen, was ein Witz Laughing
ich mag die Übersetzung auch nicht wirklichm ich lese sie auch nur auf english und dann einfach weil ich die Reihe auf Deutsch angefangen habe später auch auf Deutsch, aber am liebsten auf english...viel schöner, flüssiger and so on and so far Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 am

DIe erste zwei hab ich auf Deutsch gelesen, das dritte auch.... das war so graumsam, dass ich es irgendwo versteckt hab. Seitdem nur noch englisch Very Happy

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:17 am

lol ich hab glaub ich ab dem 5. sie auf English und seit dem les ich erst Egnlish und dann deutsch und dann wieder english Laughing
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 am

ok, Reread of Slave to Sensation is through... Sascha is.. I dunno... kinda whiny *g*

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 am

And you're so evil.. Tz, writing in German. ; p

Yep, TK Zelle was so weird. Or what was the term for Arrow? Something with Garde.. Geeh, I suppose it's technically right, but. Pfeilgarde! Seriously, PFEILGARDE?!!

But I read several LYX books in German now and most of them suck. I think Kate Daniels is an exception, but I'm not sure anymore.

I read Tempting Danger (in German Wolfs Shadow 1) by Eileen Wilks and still can't get over the

"Tu ihn rein."

In English it was something like "Put yourself inside of me" which probably isn't that much better, but.

Oh and: I'm so glad there are others who hate Sascha as well. I think some of the 'older' members are already annoyed because I constantly rant about her, but she's just. so. annoying.

*still playing Pokemon. Still hating Zubats.*

Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 am

I.. understand it. Sascha. whatever, a little, but it gets annoying, yes

And her: but we can´t fullfill the mating bond, you will die!
I will die anyways, when you die.
But you will die, when we bond!

Yep, Romance it German is.. ugh. very much so.

Suzanne Brockman in the Cora translations was ok

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:47 am

yeah well one always has to read in the original language, translations always suck, the same with movies, if I watched them ones in German and know what they´re about I have to watch them in English and if I whysoever watch them again in German I can´t stand it....
I dunno whats your problem with Sascha, I kinda liked her, ok she was really kinda "whiny" but it was fun with her , it was the first book I had no idea of how much greater it´s going to be, Faith was better than her and than Brenna, hmpf, I simply love the books, one better then the next Wink
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:54 am

The best still ist Mercy *g*
Ok, Bren was plain cool, but Mercy was just so uber kick-ass cool Very Happy

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am

yeah she was...but I love how Sienna made Hawke see that they´re mates Wink
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Oh yeah, Sienna! LOL

And how he came to pick her up.

TWICE!

And it worked both times.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:23 pm

yeeaah, I loved that scenes in the club, the first time I thought it funny that he had to go, ´cause it was his turn and Sienna was pissy ´cause she just wanted to dance and second time I thought it was so obvious she wanted him to get her and he did it, I laughed so loud it was so funny how she played him Very Happy
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 pm

And Kit was just adorable...

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 pm

ooh yeeah, take my helping hand or in this case...lips Laughing
soo great
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I wonder if different age groups like different heroines...

I personally like Sascha more than Mercy...

Hmmm...

Also, isn't it funny that we're talking about the series on the off-topic thread? It's off-topic squared or something...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:04 pm

well we can´t leave it Wink
I have to say, actually I love all the heroines in the books, Laras also kinda cool, how she goes shopping ´cause shes frustrated Wink
hach ja, hmm, something off topic...did somebody see Burlesqe? I just saw it and I love it I love you
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Nina wrote:I wonder if different age groups like different heroines...

I personally like Sascha more than Mercy...

Hmmm...

Also, isn't it funny that we're talking about the series on the off-topic thread? It's off-topic squared or something...

I wouldn't want either one of them as my best friend. Then again.. I don't want friends.

No.. wait.. oô

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Goodreads failed

Post by Patricia on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:42 pm

In which I use the words fuck­ing, amaz­ing, freak­ing, shit and suck more often than I use the word "and".

And which I have to post here because apparently it's too rude to post it on my blog. Urr.

Goodreads suuuucks today. It sucks today, it sucks today!

I know that Goodreads is an amaz­ing social net­work. It's for amaz­ing peo­ple, it's to talk about amaz­ing or amaz­ingly hor­ri­ble books. But it just failed.

Yeah, I know. No one can stop this; tum­blr has haters, Goodreads has too many trolls to count, theLi­braryThing just sucks if you're not from the US or UK, Face­book basically sells us. And yes, I know that these web­sites are not 'free' as it is. But I want them to be less free: We need qualifying examinations.

Because some­thing just hap­pened and it really does hurt to see this.

This is just one cat­e­gory. Do you see the injus­tice? It's about the freak­ing best author and peo­ple chose Cas­san­dra Clare? I'm not say­ing she is a hor­ri­ble author, although I think she writes basi­cally the same char­ac­ters over and over again, chang­ing only very lit­tle. They have prob­a­bly ALL already existed when she first wrote the Draco Chron­i­cles (which were pretty amaz­ing for #ff from what I can tell so far) but that's not the point.

Where the heck is Kel­ley Arm­strong? Why is Ilona Andrews not the best author? No, I'm not say­ing they are the best authors, but they are bet­ter. Heck, Nalini Singh's Archangel's Blade was almost perfect and she's a damn nice lady. But nope, instead we get Becca Sex Is Evil Fithpatrick. Why is Becca freak­ing Fitz­patrick #10? She's hor­ri­ble, seri­ously hor­ri­ble. What is she doing up there? Did I miss some­thing? Do we live in an alter­nate uni­verse where authors I really didn't like at all -because the most of the times suck- sud­denly devel­oped some amaz­ing skills?

And if so, why isn't P.C. Cast the winner?

Oh, am I insult­ing? I'm sorry, but these results are insulting!

Screw this shit, we need fuck­ing qual­i­fy­ing exam­i­na­tions for peo­ple who get to vote there. If this is what Goodreads is reflect­ing and if this is what the major­ity of the Goodreads mem­bers thinks then there's no freak­ing need to won­der why this world is so screwed up. You know why? Because even peo­ple who like to read can't appre­ci­ate mas­ter­pieces (well, that might be a little too.. whatever) like the Kate Daniels series or the Kel­ley Armstrong's novels.

I'll start work­ing out and next year, if you don't fuck­ing vote for the right authors or authors I can at least respect, thank you very much (and yes, I'm talk­ing about George RR Mar­tin and Stephen King; authors I haven't really read anything by but who do obviously have talent), I'll go Sparta on you. Damn this shit.

Why is Mag­gie Stief­vater, a woman who wrote the per­fect father-child rela­tion­ship not in the top 5? HOW DO THESE FUCKING GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS WORK???

Dear Goodreads,
your mem­bers suck.
Sin­cerely,
a mem­ber.

Fuck this shit.

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Yep, the results were pretty uniformly horrible. It's a popularity contest. Pure and simple. J.R. Ward's Lover Unleashed won for Best Romance but, as I posted on the BDB board over there, her fans would vote for her if she wrote out her grocery list and published it.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:06 am

Not on Goodreads, but agree.
People always vote for theirs, and not for the better or the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am

It´s about... fans....

and JR Ward has raving, rabbid crazy fans.
And this is just, what this is about.
She has this forum and started heavily on the personal marketing stuff and this is how it works.
How it has always worked.
popularity contests.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 am

The results mega sucked, I think it must have been rigged Very Happy
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 am

Whoah... Cassandra Clare is the same person as the Draco fanfictions? Were those the ones where she was Voldemort's necromancy-ing daughter and Draco's love interest? Or something like that... it's been 10 years.

I just assumed they had the same name.

So (unless her talents improved immensely since then) I can't see her being at the same level as Ilona Andrews as being fair.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Nina wrote:Whoah... Cassandra Clare is the same person as the Draco fanfictions? Were those the ones where she was Voldemort's necromancy-ing daughter and Draco's love interest? Or something like that... it's been 10 years.

I just assumed they had the same name.

So (unless her talents improved immensely since then) I can't see her being at the same level as Ilona Andrews as being fair.

I've only read some excerpts, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Draco Veritas/Dormiens and something else.. Draco was in love with Hermione, who was in love with Harry and Ginny had something going on for both, Draco and Harry.. And Draco was basically Jace/Will.

Well, back then the name was Cassandra Clair or something like that.

And nope, she is NOT Ilona Andrews at all. -_-'

Something else: WHERE IS TRACY??? I've finally watched Glee and she's not here! >_<

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Ah... I was mixed up. It's been so long since I've read HP fanfic I'm starting to mix them up. There was another author who had a main character named Cassandra who was either Voldemort or Snape's daughter...

And there was necromancy involved... *rambles*

But yeah, speaking of Ilona Andrews - finally finished Fate's Edge. It was really well done but for some reason I wasn't into it. I don't know why.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Really? I loved it. And I'm feeling pedobear-ish about George.. *sigh*

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down