The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 17 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Elisabeth Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 pm

some days ago I read - Alphawolf- ähm, I think Sandra Henke wrote it...hmm, wasn´t that good and found it kinda boring...she seems kinda proud about connecting Erotic and story but it was more kinky sex and less story...really boring, tja after that I read -Der Blutkristall (the blood crystal)- and I found I really like Jeanine Krock, it´s the third book I´ve read from her and it was muuuuch better than alphawolf...funny, sexy, cute...yeah, I really liked it Very Happy
ja well and yesterday I started with -Wanted undead or alive- the current book from Kerrelyn Sparks, I love her books eventhough they´re always pretty much the same, but they are funny and sexy and just something for the heart Wink I love you
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 17 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Rageane Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 am

I am currently starting the Women of Underworld series from Kelley Armstrong, first book is Bitten...so far it is pretty good if a bit wordy on descriptions, I'm about halfway through and looking forward to the next one...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Rageane, let me know what you think. I've heard some good thinks about this series.

I finished up Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series, at least all that are out to date, another one is due out this summer. It's a well done shifter series so I'm happy to have found it.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 am

Women of the Otherworld is the Shit! Perfect UF/PNR mixture.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Anyone read Thea Harrison's Elder Races series? Just wondering if there are any more Dragos and Pia fans around here.

I loved the first one in the series, Dragon Bound, and thought #2 was really good. #3 was a bit disappointing but #4 was fun again.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm

have read the first book.

Was an interesting read *g*

Right now I´m all over Gini Koch´s Alien series and I seriously want to merry Christopher or Chuckie

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Finished Tessa Dare's A Week To Be Wicked. Loved it! There are so many great scenes and I'm sure most of you ladies (and gentlemen) will love it! If I could I'd quote everything. XD

Haven't read Thea Harrison's books yet, but I plan to! People keep saying they are awesome. Smile

About to reread the Psy Changeling novels! Even book 1, 2 and 5. (My least favorites)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 pm

You want to read Lucas and Saschas book again? Seriously? Are you okay? Very Happy
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:44 am

oh Patricia, Tessa Dare sounds wonderful, like laughing all the time while reading Laughing
another book on my Amazon wishlist Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:22 am

Sarah18 wrote:You want to read Lucas and Saschas book again? Seriously? Are you okay? Very Happy

You know me so well.

(I did, in fact, like the book! Just didn't feel a thing for those two and their fever pitch.)

Elisabeth wrote:oh Patricia, Tessa Dare sounds wonderful, like laughing all the time while reading Laughing
another book on my Amazon wishlist Smile

She is amazing. The thing about this book is that it is funny, but not toooooo light. You know, those books that try to be funny and light and end up being just flat? Well, this was still complex and at times intense, but overall just hilarious.

They have to travel to Scotland, and along the way he always makes up stories. First they are missionaries, who lived in the Jungle, where he died from a snake bite for s hort time, has been burried alive and then been saved by her, who is in that story his sister. In another story they are both royalty and.. God, it jsut all cracked me up and I know that I can't do those scenes justice, so I'll just shut up. *gg*

You should DEFINITELY give the book a try!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 pm

omg, that sounds sooo good, missinonaries buried alive and saved by sister love, how great, I had to laugh, I definitely will give the book a try Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 am

Yes. She just knew he was alive, because that's how close they are.

In another story he told the other travelers (he makes those up along the way so that others won't think he and the heroine are living in sin and all. LOL) and AFTER they have had oral sex, he talks about how they are from a circus and she's a sword swallower. That he had never seen someone as gifted as her and that her performance just the night before.. ;D

I couldn't help it, I cried because I was laughing so hard.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 am

Patricia wrote:
Sarah18 wrote:You want to read Lucas and Saschas book again? Seriously? Are you okay? Very Happy

You know me so well.

(I did, in fact, like the book! Just didn't feel a thing for those two and their fever pitch.)

You owe me a mail... Should I be worried? pale
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 am

WHAT? :O Seriously?? O.O

Fuck. No, well, yes, some shit's happening right now, but I am not sure.. Have I read that email? XD Because I can't remember.. Arrgh. This is what happens when you use email redirections and everything ends up in one huge folder.

Can you send it to me again, please?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Patricia wrote:WHAT? :O Seriously?? O.O

Fuck. No, well, yes, some shit's happening right now, but I am not sure.. Have I read that email? XD Because I can't remember.. Arrgh. This is what happens when you use email redirections and everything ends up in one huge folder.

It´s deleted affraid
But I definitely wrote it (back in march btw)... Send you a new one tomorrow

I thought you´ve forgotten me Crying or Very sad
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Sarah18 wrote:
Patricia wrote:WHAT? :O Seriously?? O.O

It´s deleted affraid
But I definitely wrote it (back in march btw)... Send you a new one tomorrow

I thought you´ve forgotten me Crying or Very sad

No, I haven't! I'll search for the email tonight or tomorrow! Everything's just so messy right now. *sigh*

Read the Fifty Shades series last week. Won't even talk about the story. I thought it wasn't well-written, but my main problem was that the author portrayed Christian .. well, it felt wrong. In the book his sexual preferences are caused by childhood trauma. And it felt so generalized. No problem with dysfunctional relationships, because they do exist. I just don't like the romantasising (cising? sizing? damn) stuff.

I can see why people would like the novels, but I do not belong to this group of people at all. ;D Anyone here who read it? I'm curious.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

I've been reading dozens of manga the last few days. Everything is so damn stressful that I can't manage to read full novels without pictures. (Well, I did read ToN, but that goes without saying, doesn't it?)

Reread the first 14 Fruits Basket manga and as always I just want to cry the whole time.

Also reread the first 23 or so One Piece manga and Pell made me cry just like the first time. The whole scene where he arrives at Vivi's in the clocktower where the bomb is, and she screams that there isn't much time and that the town will be dead in a few seconds.. And he doesn't reply to that and tells her that the tower holds so many memories from when she was a child and gave him a headache everyday.. and then there is the flashback from when she almost killed accidently killed herself and he hit her and then he almost cried and went to his knees in front of her and said "How would I live if anything happened to you?" and to make up for hitting her and screaming at her he changes into his bird-form and flies with her, not letting her father (his King) know, because it's forbidden.. And then the flashback ends and he tells her that the most precious thing in the world to him is having been able to serve her family.. And then he changes into his birdform again, takes the bomb and flies away to save everyone.. And I was just like "ALL MY FEELS. ALL MY FEELS. NOOO!" XD

</nerd off>

Recently read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. I'm not a big YA and Contemp fan but that one was good. Also Being Friends With Boys and Pushing the Limits. They all were really enjoyable, though Amy and Roger, as well as Pushing the Limits were more memorable.

Oh and I finally read Rachel Vincent's Never to Sleep novella. REALLY GOOD. Shadow Bound was a bit disappointing, though: Sad

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 pm

oh Pat, I read Tessa Dare- A week to be wicked, I LOVED it, soo cute and funny and sexy and and and, hach, it was amazing I love you
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Elisabeth wrote:oh Pat, I read Tessa Dare- A week to be wicked, I LOVED it, soo cute and funny and sexy and and and, hach, it was amazing I love you

AAWW!!! I'm so glad you liked it!! *jumps around* *uses way too many exclamation points*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

ja, I loved it, soooo sweet aaand so on and so far I love you Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm reading Christine Feehan's leopard shifter book, Savage Nature. I haven't read any of the others in her Leopard series but it was highly recommended by a goodreads friend.

Am thinking about reading Jeaniene Frost's Vlad book, Once Burned, but there is no HEA at the end as it is a continuing 2 -3 book series so I may wait until the next one is out.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 pm

I just finished Nora Roberts, The next always, a Inn BoonsBoro book, first book of the trilogy
was a sweet, nice book, sometimes a little too overdone, but all in all a very nice book, which made me laugh and shake my head and, yeah, I´m going to read the second book soon
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Elisabeth, have you ever read Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy? It's from around 2005 or so. Paranormal with vampires, sorcerers, a bit of time travel to an extent thoug it's set in present day. Three books focus on three couples and a really good story arc. It makes me wish she would write more PNR.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, just finished Tracy Chevaliers "Girl with a pearl earring" obviously the book is based on the painting. It's pretty well written, without sex though and nothing supernatural but interesting anyway.
I guess I'm gonna try fifty shades later because I've got a TOOOOOON of books left for me to read.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:55 am

Lulu2011 wrote:Elisabeth, have you ever read Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy? It's from around 2005 or so. Paranormal with vampires, sorcerers, a bit of time travel to an extent thoug it's set in present day. Three books focus on three couples and a really good story arc. It makes me wish she would write more PNR.

jupp, I love it, I read it in German and to be honest I only bought because of their Covers, there are Butterflies on the cover, so I bought them and fell in love with them I love you Very Happy
I should reread them some day soon Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next