The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 23 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Bella171901 Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I read ...  alot in the last weeks even thought I was supposed to aaah study for some majortest ... and then we didn't get the majortest and everyone was happy (and my skinny butt was saved). So I didn't like Sherrilynn Kenyon's books much. At all. They were sort of boring and even the supposed to be sassy Tabitha was not fun. The heroines were copies of the Blackdaggers or Psy-Changelings, but pretty bad copies though.
I really enjoyed the Demontrappers. Sort of reminded me of the VampireAcademy-series. I just love Rose! She's the first protagonist who's actually kicking ass. I was sort of suprised when I first realized that I've never before read a book with a kick-ass-female-main-character. Even Clarie (Clarry?) from City of glass was boring compared to Rose. And god, how much I loved Dimka! They are SO much like Jon and Ygritte from Game of Thrones! Love them.
I just wished the Game of Thrones books weren't that long and boring. The author could've just cut it down to half the pages. 
Can't wait for Heart of Obsidian. But ... 
1. I just read on Amazon that the German translation was out already. Is that really true? Because it says that the english version is called "psy-changeling 12" and there was no describtion except for the usual kryptic kryptism about the book. 
2. Should I buy the English version or the German one?
3. And how long did it take for you to order the book? I'm only a mere 10 days in Germany and I experiencencedthat it took almost 2 weeks for them to order it. Should I just call already now so they can order it?
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 23 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am

hmm, buy the english version, much better Wink
and maybe you should´nt order from amazon in germany, there´s something going on with the shipping ...their is a strike going on so the shipping could maybe take longer...but if you go to a bookshop in Germany it could be they have it there...
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Okay, so I'm pretty stressed with moving plans (and all that entails), pre-school starting stuff I need to get squared away, and... and... and... yeah, pretty much just running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

That being said, I'd like some fun reads to relax with.  Any suggestions for new romance reads that are good (not erotica, just not into that)?  In particular, any good ones with awkward and/or genius heroes or heroines?  The last one I read with a really satisfying character like that was The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm

same here, Nina.
We'll move in August, an my mom loves boxes (yeah I know), so when I get back from Germany there'll be boxes ... everywhere! I'm glad we're moving but ... I just don't want to. I'm too lazy. But I'll be a little more social then! Maybe I'll joing the beachvolleyballclub, or the Red cross. Maybe both. But thank god I'm finished with school for now. Tomorrow is the last day and then I'm going to Germany and when I'm back I have still left 6 weeks of summerbreak Surprised
1. Vampire Academy!
2. Pretty little liars might be something. I think it's fun.
3. The KiteRunner is great.
4. And the Nicholas Sparks books (if you're not into HEAs that's perfect for you).
5. If you're into history, try the Tracy Chevallier books. They're good.
6. Hitchhikers guide through the Galaxy looks fun. 
7. Perks of being a wallflower
8. If you're into NordicTrhiller (whatever you call that) I can recommend Jo Nesbø. I'm not sure if there's an english translation though. They're pretty popular novels and quite good, just not mine because I'm such a chicken when it comes to Thriller.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh, I like Demon Trappers as well!
But if you wait another 12 days I'll be back with like at least 2 dozens of books (not kidding here, last time I ended up dragging 40 books from Germany to Norway). I do not plan on being a civilized person when I see a bookstore.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 am

hmm, JD Robb the Eve Dallas Books are very good, funny and exciting, hmmm or The Host from Stephany Meyer, it´s much better than Twilight Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 am

I hated the host.
I read about 20 pages and then it went straight into the books-I-hate-shelf.
Stephenie Meyer reminded me about those authors who write ONE single hit and then their books start so suck. Like One hit wonder bands. Waste of Money. Everyone I know and read the book said the same :/
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Lol, I've either tried or read everything that's been mentioned.  There are no books left in PNR for me... Sad

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am

Nina,

Have you tried the Steampunk romance?  I would suggest the Iron Seas series from Meljean Brooks...they are fun and the world she builds is pretty cool too!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

They are fun - I've read Iron Seas and truly enjoyed the world building (though I thought some of the sex themes crossed a bit of a line... rape subplots are too... *insert monologue on the overuse of rape in PNR*)

Have you read the Parasol Protectorate - it has a lot of great Victorian steampunk humor, especially in the first two books. Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

oh, Meljean Brook is good, if you liked her you could try Bec McMaster...somebody here mentioned her book Kiss of Steel and it´s really good, sweet and fun Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:11 pm

I will have to try that, it looks fun Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Rageane wrote:Nina,

Have you tried the Steampunk romance?  I would suggest the Iron Seas series from Meljean Brooks...they are fun and the world she builds is pretty cool too!

It's waiting on my shelf somewhere, but I doubt I'll be able to read it until school starts since we are going to move Yeeeeey!!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Well as far as I'm now I've read Rapture by Jacquelyn Frank and the latest German translation of the Lord of the Underworld-series.
I read one of the previews ones as well, the first one with Maddox and Ashlyn and ... I didn't like it. It was sort of dull.
Same with the Jacquelyn Frank books. You sort of ... know the story and the characters. The only "new" thing with the series was ... the ... uh sexuality. I was amused and fascinated and a bit disturbed because it is really disturbing in some way how they're dealing with their sexuality. And then I was like: wait ... if they can't even lit a candle without burning to ashes ... how are they going to watch TV?!
The most fun thing was actually to think about what a ShadowDweller CAN'T do. Like ... i don't know, ANYTHING FUN!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 am

Linda, I agree with both Jacquelyn Frank and the LotU series. It's like.. the characters don't have a sense of ego or agency. They're all the same, only some characteristics change. /sigh

And the Shadowdweller series, holy fuck. Like, sure, it's great to be sex-positive, but how cracky is it to think that an entire kingdom, after war and everything, would be like, "Hmm, so we could obviously do a lot of things about our problems.. Starting with a mandatory sex school!" I laughed my ass off.

MELJEAN BROOK IS A GODDESS. READ ALL OF THE MELJEAN BROOK. I love her SO much.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 am

I know! That's exactly what I thought! And did you read Adams book? Then you know what happens to Isabella and Jacob. And usually I'm always crying when stuff like that happens but there I was like ... mhh, okay, sad. But that's it. The characters are boring.
The sex thing is really ... creepy. Imagine sitting there, watching someone giving a guy head. For them it's probably like ... idk Algebra for us .. but ... urgh. It seems wrong. But it IS something new!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 am

That's not even my main problem, I just found their priorities to be so unbelievably.. stupid. If you're an author and want to tell people that being sex-positive is a good thing, then four for you, but I'm not sure introducing a mandatory sex school is the way to go. /still cackling

Adam's book was incredibly disappointing and worldbuilding-wise also a shock. The timetravelling? Jesus Christ, if you do timetravelling, do it well or go home. /not cackling anymore
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Just finished Kate Daniels #6, Magic Rises.

Damn.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 am

Patricia wrote:Just finished Kate Daniels #6, Magic Rises.

Damn.

I'm 3/4 through it...and yes I'm right there with you!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am

Let me know when you're through!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 am

I just finished Fated by Rebecca Zanetti. This books is so good!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Patricia wrote:Let me know when you're through!
I'm with you...DAMN is right!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23