The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by tabitha Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:29 am

Rageane wrote:There is one series that is YA that I found intriguing, it is by James Patterson and it is called the Maximum Ride series...it is about a group of kids who were experimented on with aviary DNA and they have wings. The leader of the group is Max...the kids range from 14 - 6 years in age...it was pretty good.

I've read this, only this week when searching for new e-books to read, it's pretty good Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:54 am

*googles*
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 am

There is one series that is YA that I found intriguing, it is by James Patterson and it is called the Maximum Ride series...it is about a group of kids who were experimented on with aviary DNA and they have wings. The leader of the group is Max...the kids range from 14 - 6 years in age...it was pretty good.
I`ve read this sometimes earlier, and I also liked it, especially Max`s character. Not that I categorize books in any way, except like/don`t like and rarely love, so it is a bit hard to follow your groups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I've been thinking of reading Maximum Ride. There's a graphic novel version in the bookstore that looks cool, so I keep telling myself to read the books so I can enjoy the graphic novel version.

I am lazy, though. With a humongous "to read" pile. And a tendency to look askance at YA. Is it good enough to bump it up near the top of my "to read" pile?

Um... I've finished Angel's Blood and am well into the second Guild Hunters book. They're definitely different from the Psy/Changeling books. In a lot of ways I think the Guild books are better written with characters that are far more fleshed out. However, I think (just my opinion Smile ) they're missing something that the Psy books excel at: a balance of light-hearted humor with all of the darkness/political intrigue/world-building. The Psy books are easier to relate to for me, well as much as a person can relate to an alternate universe Wink I also think that the first Guild book is better written than the second (so far). In the second, Nalini Singh falls back on all of the phrases she overuses in the Psy books.

But I'm obviously biased 'cause of my love for Judd Laughing

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Daliah wrote:
Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian (a lot like the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but still so much better in my opinion)

Love Lara Adrian and the Midnight Breed series. I have to admit that I´m a little, uhm nervous (not the word I wanted to say, but it describes my feelings), because Hunter´s story is the next one. He´s still so scary and such a loner - can´t imagine him in any - especially a romantic - relationship.

Christine Feehan´s my moms favourite author, but I can´t get warm with her style. Although I liked the Drake sisters (funny thing: It´s my moms least favourite)
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Daliah Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Sarah18 wrote:
Daliah wrote:
Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian (a lot like the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but still so much better in my opinion)

Love Lara Adrian and the Midnight Breed series. I have to admit that I´m a little, uhm nervous (not the word I wanted to say, but it describes my feelings), because Hunter´s story is the next one. He´s still so scary and such a loner - can´t imagine him in any - especially a romantic - relationship.

But it was the same with Judd before CbI I think...I couldn't really imagine him having a relationship either^^ In the end worked out very well Wink Or to use an example from the Midnight Breed series...I only say Tegan Wink
Daliah
Daliah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Daliah wrote:
Sarah18 wrote:
Daliah wrote:

But it was the same with Judd before CbI I think...I couldn't really imagine him having a relationship either^^ In the end worked out very well Wink Or to use an example from the Midnight Breed series...I only say Tegan Wink

Hmm, you´re right about Tegan - and know he and Elise are my favourite couple next to Lucan and Gabrielle
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I couldn't get into Feehan either.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Any J.D. Robb fans here?
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm in the middle of Indulgence right now...I absolutely LOVE that series!!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Tracy, I agree I couldn't get int Feehan either.

I tried to read Christina Dodd's 'The Chosen One' series...whoa seriously intense. Couldn't get into it no matter how any times I tried to reread it.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 am

Any J.D. Robb fans here?
Any not J.D. Robb fans here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Jelena wrote:
Any J.D. Robb fans here?
Any not J.D. Robb fans here?

Can´t believe that there´s a woman in this world, who could resist Roarke... *dreamy sigh* I´m not able to do it, he´s sooo... Roarke *melts in a puddle of goo*
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Never read anything by J.D. Robb.. -is shot-

Recommendations?

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:31 am

Patricia wrote:Never read anything by J.D. Robb.. -is shot-

Recommendations?

The series actually follows the life of a couple, and it is a murder mystery type genre. I would start with the first book, Naked in Death and then go from there.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:31 pm

There is a trilogy by Stacia Kane about the City of Ghosts - she is my second favourite new author to Nalini Singh. You have to read all three to come to the most satisfactoy conclusion - put it this way - Terrible can be a wonderful thing! The story is based on a drug addicted heroine called Ches, she is brilliant and you start to really feel for her and root for her because she is so flawed!! Her two 'love interests' are both enforcers for rival drug lords who both supply her and that's where things get complicated!! Loved it and it's on my keeper shelf with all NS's Psy Changeling and Guild Hunter novels. Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 am

OMG I LOVE THE SERIES! <3
Can't wait for the next book, Sacrificial Magic.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 am

Jeaniene Frost . Do try her . You will love Bones .I think he is the most wonderful Vampire ever. He is my absolute favourite. After you have read "One foot in the grave" you will agree with me. Feehan and her often called "feehanisms" drove me nuts but her first few books were good especially Dark Magic. Her other series the one called Ghostwalkers was in my opinion better without the dreadful phrases she kept using in the Carpathian one.

I am also in love with Larissas Ione. Her Demonica series a really great world and dynamics there. There is also another writer who writes about these 8 twins. Jean Johnson and her Sons of Destiny series again an interesting world that came together well. I loved the 6th brother Rydan best.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 am

Patricia wrote:OMG I LOVE THE SERIES! <3
Can't wait for the next book, Sacrificial Magic.

Hay Patricia, is this the next one of the Stacia Kane books??? If so - wow although I would have been quite happy with it finishing where it finished (if you know what I mean) ! Smile
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 am

Sonia, I LOVE Jeaniene Frost! Started the series when I was.. hm, 15, 16? Soo good. Smile

Yes, Cat, it's the fourth book. If you follow the link you'll find the Goodreads-page that lists links to, eg. Amazon. Smile Publishing date is August 5th 2011.

I was happy with the book as an ending for Terrible & Chess, but I think there is much left to tell, just imagine how much things there are left to explore. Awwr, I want to know how the Church-storyarc is going to be. I love how the series is such a perfect mixture of urban and dystopian fantasy.

I don't know if I already mentioned the series here, but everyone, check out the Illusionists by Carolyn Crane! First book: Mind Games on Goodreads | Mind Games on Amazon
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 am

Cat and Bones are one of my all-time favourite couples. They´re amazing and so much fun. But I still mourn ´cause of Rodney´s death... I liked him and had lots of respect for being able to handle Justina
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 am

Sarah18 wrote:I liked him and had lots of respect for being able to handle Justina

lmao xD

I hate the German translation. Well, no, not hate, but there is simply no way to translate the things Bones says into German. So, no, I don't really hate it but I think this is one of the books one HAS to read in the original version (plus maybe the translation, too).

Mate = Mein Freund (Wäh!)
Luv = Süße (WÄÄÄÄH!!)
Kitten = Kätzchen (Wääääääh! >_<)

Even though those translations aren't 'wrong' they simply don't sound right, either.

Got the same impression?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Patricia wrote:
Sarah18 wrote:I liked him and had lots of respect for being able to handle Justina

lmao xD

I hate the German translation. Well, no, not hate, but there is simply no way to translate the things Bones says into German. So, no, I don't really hate it but I think this is one of the books one HAS to read in the original version (plus maybe the translation, too).

Mate = Mein Freund (Wäh!)
Luv = Süße (WÄÄÄÄH!!)
Kitten = Kätzchen (Wääääääh! >_<)

Even though those translations aren't 'wrong' they simply don't sound right, either.

Got the same impression?

Don´t know, ´cause I only read the German translation *sits in corner and feel ashamed*
But I got what you mean^^

Sascha darling = Sascha-Schätzchen (that one´s really bad)
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Oh my, I'm going to get you the originals! Very Happy
Ah, that one really is horrible! Sascha Schätzchen, ja, nee!! >_<

But: I don't like German endearments in general. So, I'm always crazy about those things. Wanted to list some examples in English, but I just noticed that I don't like most of the English ones, either xD

I mean.. darling, baby, sweetheart.. I wonder, the one scene, where Hawke calles Sascha "sweetheart".. how will they translate that? I'm hoping for Schnuckiputzi. <3 Very Happy

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

What does Schnuckiputzi mean? It looks like snookiepoo Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next