Movie Watch.

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movie Watch.

Post by Patricia on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 am

Let it be known - I watched Glee, Season 1 & 2.

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Let it be known - I watched Glee, Season 1 & 2.

Ooooh. Wow.
No, I really mean it. I`ve never managed to warm up to them. They sing too much. When I come to think of it, they sing all the time. And nobody gets killed. Not my kind of show, obviously.
Where is everybody these days?

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 am

Jelena - I have a similiar problem. I think it's just.. I know that apparently many teenagers are able to relate, and that this show helps them but when I look at it it's like.. The show addresses serious problems, takes 20 minutes max to deal with it and then that's it. But those problems.. they deserve more than 20 minutes. I WAS impressed with the way they dealt with Domestic Violence, though. It wasn't perfect, but much better than I had expected..

So.. most tv shows are on Summer Break now. Who watched the finales?

Greys Anatomy killed me. I wanted to death scene to be .. bigger, and the person that died was one of the only characters I actually, really, genuinly liked.

Supernatural.. I like how the screenwriters play with Destiel as if it was canon, but apart from that I find that the show sucks more and more. Sad Hopefully next season will be better.

Glee was just stupid, sorry. Sad So far there are like four episodes that I liked. The one with the Santana/Mercedes Adele mash-up, the one with Matt Bomer singing 'Somebody that I Used to Know' and the domestic violence episodes, especially when Santana, Asian Chick and Mercedes sang the Florence + The Machine song and when Coach Beast told her husband, when he said "Who's gonna love you as much as I do? Who's gonna love you now??" "Me".

New Girl - Kind of annoyed me, but it was also funny. Acceptable.

How I Met Your Mother - Well. At least the two I have always shipped have finally been revealed to be together in the end, though 'The End' is probably going to be season 50.

I still have to watch the last season of House, MD, a few episodes of Private Practice, Ringer.. I'm curious how Game of Thrones is going to be. I am a little disappointed in the whole show, because they killed Dany's folks even though in the books they survived. (But then, they also made Drogo rape her, which according to reliable sources never happened.) I start to like Sansa. That's good. Smile

As for movies.. I have watched the Avengers, but apparently everyone has. Still shipping Loki, but then, I have always had a thing for him, even before the movies and before I read some of the comics. The rest of the movie sucked imo, though.

Soon going to watch Cabin in the Woods and Snow White and the Huntsman. Whoop. And yay for another season of True Blood, even if I hate Sookie and how Harlequin her relationship with Eric was.

Now you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

Watched The Avengers - too many superheroes, too little time to develop any of their characters. Waiting for Snow White and the Huntsman and hoping desperately it is going to be dark. The last version, with Julia Roberts, it was... I don't have words for it. And also, since I was a kid, I wanted to hear more about the huntsman. Who cares about the prince Rolling Eyes
As for the shows, watched the final finale of In Plain Sight, still thinking it through. Those of you who know about it will understand my dilemma. Watched Castle, yes, finally, and NCIS, they are reaching their age limit.
Waiting for Covert Affairs, not till July though, and Haven, September by last count. Out of sheer boredom I'm re-watching Yu-Gi-Oh. It is actually not bad.
Can you tell that I haven't read ToN yet?[i

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 am

I am watching One Piece and Conan atm, so.. ;D

Yeah, felt the same way about The Avengers. It was just lacking. I haven't seen the one with Julia Roberts yet, but I plan to. *calls friend*

Oh, completely forget to mention that I also watched Once Upon a Time. I was really disappointed in the Rumple/Belle thing. I had so high expectations and then.. it was rather anticlimatic, if that is the right word. (Or actually even a word at all)

I still have to watch the latest season of NCIS and NCIS LA. Kind of missed two episodes and then I was like 'Damn.. I'll just wait till it's done and then watch all of the episodes in a row when I'm having a bad day.'

And oh, I completely forgot about Castle and I was just like YEEEES! YEEESSSSS!! I'm also watching Bones right now but it's rather disappointing. I love the thing with the one new guy and Cam's daughter. Well, I don't like Cam's daughter and thought the whole dating thing was a little over the top, but I like him.

I have to watch In Plain Sight, then, to understand your dilemma. :'D Haha.

Oh, Haven! I tried that show, but I thought the pilot episode was horrible. (Or am I confusing shows again? Hmm.)

Why haven't you read it yet? Go, go! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 1:20 pm

In the process of reading. But, to quote Shakespeare, soft.

Oh, and Haven is mysterious. I have this thing for cool and quiet characters. No wonder Judd is my favourite.

Last edited by Jelena on Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA on Wed May 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Movie: Battleship
T.V. Series:I don't really watch T.V.
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm

omg I cant´t believe it, after the catastrophal filming...ähm, film...don´t know how to describe this....
ok, ähm, I watched Twilight the last part this weekend on DVD...it was ..... naja, not good, not bad, the books were amazing, the films compared to that horrible....
so, now I´ve read that this firm...movie maker firm...forgot the name...want´s to film now Souls from Stephenie Meyer....I just can´t express how stupid I find this....how does one want to film this properly, this complex world, these feelings, these.....argh... Mad
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane on Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 am

I watched J Edgar Hoover recently...the movie can be summed up as such: Think Brokeback Mountain with Politicians and there you go...

I am about half way through ToN, am savoring it...and I can't bring my kindle into work with me Sad
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 31, 2012 1:22 pm

I can't bring my kindle into work with me

Maybe we should run an initiative round the world to allow Nalini's readers a week of vacation every time one of her books comes out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 am

The new weekends should be three days: From Tuesday to Thursday. Tuesday everyone works until 2pm max, so that we all still get our books, then Wednesday and Thursday.. Just.. Yay. :'D

Watched One For The Money. Not what I expected. : x Still need to finish the book and feel even less motivated now. o.ô

Also watched all seasons of Avatar Aang's series, and am thinking about streaming Korra, except that I'm pretty sure my sister'd never forgive me if I watched the episodes without her, so I'll have to wait for a month until the German dubbed episodes air here on TV. o.o Really cool! You should watch them. XD *makes childishly excited face*

A friend of mine wants a movie night and asked about zombie and horror movies. I haven't got the faintest, because I usually avoid horror movies, so.. any recommendations? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Patricia, if you want horror but some fun with it...I HIGHLY recommend "Sean of the Dead" or "Zombieland", both have horror and humor in a nice mix...but if you really want to scare her, get Lady in Black, my friends dad (who is a ranger in the army) couldn't sleep with the lights off for 3 nights after watching it!!
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you soo much!! I'll definitely check out the first two.. and then hide somewhere in fear. XD Not too scary. She loves those.. But if something scares me, though that takes lots of creepy shit, then it scares me for life. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 am

Anyone here watching Covert Affairs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:26 am

Planning to. Good?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Third season summer finale. Getting hot. Or at least that's the general wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:24 am

I've just watched Battleship which was quiet good and Step-it up 2 also good.

& The Hunger Games, it was a blatent rip of of Battle Royale just a more stylised version. I did enjoy it though as Battle Royale was one of my favourite fims as a teenager.

The best film I've seen recently is The Dark Knight, I'm not a huge Batman fan but this was awesome, great plot, effects etc, it kept me on the edge of my seat even though it was quite long.

This weekend we are going to see Dredd (another remake)
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Step it up or Step Up? Rolling Eyes
and if it is Step it up...what a funny name for a movie, what´s it about?
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:48 am

Anyone here who's watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries and following @wmdarcy on Twitter? Because his tweets after the latest episode are just killing me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:54 pm

the Lizzy Bennet from Pride and Predjudice Shocked
cool, tell me more about it, I loved the film I love you
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries are a modern-day adaption of Pride and Prejudice, created by Hank Green and Bernie Su. Lizzie is a student and started a videoblog for university/college, in which she talks about her life.

She introduces herself, her family and friends. She "roleplays" her mother, for example, to tell the audience what happened at home, which is ridiculous. Her sisters, Lydia and Jane, are characters who also appear on the vlogs, without being roleplayed by Lizzie. Her best friend, Charlotte Lu, helps her with the vlogs. All the characters, one after another, appear on screen. First Charlotte and her sisters, then Bing and his sister, Ricky Collins, Fitz, and.. dun, last week Darcy.

You can watch all the episodes here on the official channel. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm

sounds like fun, need to watch it some time soon Smile
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Every episode is like 3 minutes long, so you shuld watch them NOW. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:34 pm

omg, I watched them at the Uni inmy free time and a bit at home and I´m still not finished and I love it...it´s sooo much fun, her sisters, her friend, her "boyfriend"...it´s sooo, I can´t describe it, it´s amazing, to sad it´s soon over Wink
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:46 am

Not that soon. They are dragging some parts more than they do others, and we still have to see all the Lydia x Wickham interaction, then Gigi (or so I hope!), more of Bing and Jane..

Good thing is that Bernie Su and Hank Green both consider doing another modern retelling of that type, and when I asked Hank about a DVD box two weeks ago or so (which started hilarious tweets and whatnot) he said that they hoped to get one out: Which would, considering how both he and Bernie are very fandom-friendly and aware of the fact that not everyone would buy something that they can access for free on Youtube LEGALLY, probably include behind the scenes, bloopers, extra-scenes, interviews and so on. Or so go the LBDers theories.

I'm really glad you like the LBD! (Especially because I was almost certain you'd enjoy them!)

Have you watched the Q&A videos and Lydias videos? Have you seen Darcy's twitter? Better do all of that *after* you've finished watching Lizzies vlogs, though. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top