The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of an alpha

+8
KTL
Rageane
tabitha
Serena
Patricia
lappyloo13
Nina
catikins
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Death of an alpha - Page 3 Empty Re: Death of an alpha

Post by catikins Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm sorry guys, I am bloodthirsty and I would like Lucas to die! I love him and StoS is one of my favourite books in the series. He just seems like the only one alpha whose story can be closed whilst creating a brand new scenario AND giving NS a special brave author award!!! I am so sorry................I'll get my coat...................I'm leaving the building.......................... Sad
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu May 12, 2011 9:43 am

Catikins no need to leave just yet, I think your point is valid but at the same time too cruel. Does he fit the profile, yes. Will the pack survive without him..in my opinion, No. If Lucas was to die at the current state of pack health...the pack will die too.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 am

Yes, I agree with you Rageane - not yet.......however I think it could happen say another 3 books down the line?? I think it's interesting that Nalini has introduced Kit as 'alpha in waiting' - it implies that she has already considered the 'removal' of Lucas in the future. Although I do want the escapism of a really good story I don't want a fairytale - I want the wonderful characters individual stories to be based on firm foundations. The alphas are always so alpha because of their horrendous, often unbearably violent upbringings and it always comes back to the fight of good against evil. So, I'm just saying that all this lovely good needs some very not lovely evil to counterbalance it. Twisted Evil
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by losellers Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

The other consideration in killing off Lucas, is that all of the sentinals are linked to Lucas, and that's how the psy mates get the feedback they need, since all of them are linked that way. Unless Kit were right there when Lucas died and all of the sentinals gave their blood oath to him right away, wouldn't the psy mates (Sascha, Faith, Ashaya and Tally to a small extent) end up dying too? Unless something changes in KoS.

Of course, since it's Nalini's world, she can change anything around that she wants, so I suppose she could come up with some type of explanation, like they've been a web for so long that other bonds have formed that they couldn't see because Lucas was so strong or something like that....

losellers

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 1:34 pm

losellers wrote:The other consideration in killing off Lucas, is that all of the sentinals are linked to Lucas, and that's how the psy mates get the feedback they need, since all of them are linked that way. Unless Kit were right there when Lucas died and all of the sentinals gave their blood oath to him right away, wouldn't the psy mates (Sascha, Faith, Ashaya and Tally to a small extent) end up dying too? Unless something changes in KoS.

Of course, since it's Nalini's world, she can change anything around that she wants, so I suppose she could come up with some type of explanation, like they've been a web for so long that other bonds have formed that they couldn't see because Lucas was so strong or something like that....

Hi losellers, I think that the feedback is a blood bond feedback with the sentinels. I would hope that the net would be able to continue provided there were enough of them in it otherwise no-one would ever be able to die!!! Also, there is now links between the nets which I am sure will strengthen the changelings nets in general.
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 pm

i've never understood this need to have "realism" in my fiction.

personally, i don't need people i've come to love (even if they are fictional) die just because. in fact, that sort of plot device interferes with my wanting to reread a book or a series.

i refuse to watch reruns of Forever Knight for that reason.

just my opinion

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2