The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future books

+18
TracyTheOncer
meredith93
Lisa Jo
cheebee
Lulu2011
Daliah
Sarah18
Scotch
evedallas
Katherine
losellers
Rageane
Nina
tabitha
Serena
devilsworld
Bella171901
Patricia
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Future books Empty Future books

Post by Patricia Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 am

So, considering how I was just babbling about how I'd like to see some weak females becoming strong here and how we do often talk about what we'd like to see happen in the next books, I thought a topic would be nice. Very Happy

Patricia wrote:I'd also like to see a weak woman. I mean, the women we met weren't that different from eachother. They were mostly strongwilled and so on (plus they all were do-gooders). And as the story progressed they didn't really change. They might have had to break with Silence or make some decisions, but in the end they were the same. They were what they always had been (or would have been without Silence).

So: I'd like to see a WEAK woman and I'd like to see her becoming a strong one. Without her mate or something. Just because she has to to survive. And I'd like to read at least 50-100 pages of her being weak before we see her developing some strenght. Or of her being selfish or ungrateful. Without any excuses. She should be cold or weak or selfish because she IS, not because she was made to be that way, not because there is some decease or Silence.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Future books Empty Re: Future books

Post by Bella171901 Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 am

Mmh, I wanna see ME, with Kaleb in Russia. Or ME with some incredibly hot/sexy wolf-guy :=)
Oh, I'd love to see Mercy having a baby and her brothers should mate with someone. Bastien with Lucy or Nikita .. hahha, no just kidding.
Mmmh, I want to see baby Duncan-Hunter in He/her mid twenties, making everyone crazy about ... everything ...
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Hm, I think I have quite a list of characters I want to see have their own books.
Kaleb
Kit
Some of the wolf Lieutenants

Bella171901 wrote:
Mmmh, I want to see baby Duncan-Hunter in He/her mid twenties, making everyone crazy about ... everything ...

I agree I would like to see baby Duncan-Hunter have a book in the future along with Tammy's twins.
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Nalini said on the live chat she was doing on Julian and Graces Book Club Page that the next book hero is a SnowDancer lieutenant and There will be an excerpt in the back of ARCHANGEL'S BLADE.
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Oh yes, Baby!

I'd like to see a PsyxPsy-relationship. That'd be something new, too. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Nina wrote:Was Sascha too goody-two-shoes in KoS? She's always bordered on it but (at least in my opinion) she hasn't been insufferable.

Now all those I-lurrvv-me-some-kids/watch-me-protect-my-woman/always-good-looking incorruptible changelings... they get on my nerves. Hence my love of Judd... and Walker... and Anthony...... and Kaleb... *drool*

I, too, would really like to see a "real" female alpha
So: I'd like to see a WEAK woman and I'd like to see her becoming a strong one. Without her mate or something. Just because she has to to survive. And I'd like to read at least 50-100 pages of her being weak before we see her developing some strenght. Or of her being selfish or ungrateful. Without any excuses. She should be cold or weak or selfish because she IS, not because she was made to be that way, not because there is some decease or Silence.

I think these would be really interesting and would prevent the series from stagnating but... do you think Nalini Singh could pull it off? The "strong, dominant" women she's introduced (Mercy & Indigo) haven't been as strong/interesting a character as (once again, IMO) say, Sophia. As for a weak main character, making her likable would be very tricky. scratch

I felt like that about Mercy and Indigo, too. Although I liked them better than, say, Sascha. I couldn't stand Sascha all the time in books 1-9, so I'm not sure if it was worse or not. But she was being herself.. Wah. :/

Oh yes, Judd, Anthony, Kaleb, the Arrows.. *__*

I'm not sure if Nalini'd be able to write something like that. And yes, it'd be hard to write a weak, selfish etc. female. But I still want to read that. I want someone do something not because it is right or wrong, but because they WANT to do it. And I don't want some stupid reasons to justify the whole thing (like with Sophia).

I'm too tired to think of some examples right now. Going to take a shower xD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 am

Patricia, I would also like to see a Psy/Psy relationship. With two more or less Silent Psy it would be even more difficult. Maybe an Arrow/Arrow relationship?
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 3:40 am

Hm, ArrowxArrow later, because right now we need one person who doesn't know everything about them. Someone we could relate to a bit more or someone who asks the questions we would ask. Maybe Arrow x normal Psy? E.g. an M? Or a Psy, that's quite weak? So she's in a dangerous situation, the Arrow was just walking done the street with his little poodle, named Pestilence, when he sees this cute girl, who's a telepath.. no, wait, who were the ones who received all the thoughts of others? Well, she's one of those and she's close to a breakdown. The Arrow knows that one of his people, maybe he, would have to kill her if she's going to go mad. Or that she'd have to go into rehabilitation. He's sick of all this stuff, esp after his niece had to be rehabilitated or after (add some KoS-action here) and was actually taking a walk with Pestilence to think about all of this, to clear his head, whatever. So when he sees this girl, he wants to help her..

But, the question here is, where would they go? Unlike Sophia they couldn't stay in the Net, right? We would have to have more than just them. Like a huge group of Psy disconnecting at the same time like they did 100 years ago. So, they'd have a new ShadowNet then.

Wow.. I'm starting to realize that Nalini actually has like 239487345 things to write. Must be hard to come up with ONE real story then.. I'd always be like.. "Okay, right now I'm writing about Madonna and Elvis.. Oh, wait I have this epic thought about Patricia and [insert hot male's name here]. Oh, no, wait, what about Britney and Justin!?"*

Another thing I'd like to see: A bad female. I don't mean as a heroine. But till now the bad guys were either Psy or males. I want to have a bad Changeling-woman, who betrays her people because.. hm, she's jealous or because, if we want to use a more Psy/Changeling-ish reason, her mate and baby died and she blames the pack.

*Yes I did use those names, because I'm stupid like that.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 am

I so wanted Vasic's book to be next Sad I wonder which SD Lieutenant the book will be about? A lot of them are already mated so maybe it will be Tomas or Matthias either would be ok.

I just read that there will be an a preview of this book at the end of Archangels Blade Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 4:58 am

I think it would've been too early for Vasic.
Some things have to change before he could think about love et cetera.

Oh, excerpt, excerpt!

Another thing that'd be nice:
Other Changelings. Nalini already said that we'll get to know other Changelings and I'd love to do just that. Plus, another city? I'd love to see a new "first book". With a bunch of new people. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

cool so maybe the dark edge or stone water packs then?

The Black Edge wolf pack who Selenka Durev is the alpha of controls the greater Moscow area from a changeling point of view and although she doesn't like Kaleb she works with him to keep the city peaceful and also has a truce with the StoneWater bear Clan. This is mentioned on the last page of chapter 44 in Branded by Fire.
This kind of sounds like what happened at the start of the series between SD, DR and Nikita and could make for interesting future books Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 am

What about the birds? I'd like to see other animals.

Maybe just because I'm hoping that those guys might be different.
I mean, the DR and SD-folks always said stuff like "Uh, ah, I'm a big cat/wolf and it's in my nature to be possessive and protective and blahblah."
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 am

Maybe the birds are more like: "Uh, ah I'm a bird, I need my freedom, I need to fly, so no need to mate baby Very Happy
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 7:10 am

I was thinking the exact same thing! Imagine a birdxleopard-couple o.o! Yippieh! Wink

I'd be a bird-leopard-mixture then xD I need to have my freedom but I also need to know that there is someone to come home to..

Thinking about it.. Since the Changelings don't need to be blacocysts, we'd be able to have fish, too! I mean, come on, how crazy'd that be? Imagine where those guys could live! And since the leopards can part-shift (like only their claws), the fish-folks'd be able to breath under water even when they're in their humanform! Mermaids (W/out the um.. flippers? That's the word?! oô)! Yay! Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 09, 2011 8:43 am

Well there's the Dark Sea? coalition of underwater chnagelings. TBH I'm not a huge fan of the Falcons, I do like the rats though so maybe Tejan will get his own story.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 8:59 pm

I don't really care about the Falcons. I didn't even know they WERE falcons until you said it. I'm just like: "Oh I want to see OTHER changelings! PULEASE?!"
I'm always wondering how it must feel to be a rat. I mean.. are they as small as real rats in their animal-form? That must suck..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon May 09, 2011 9:58 pm

A cat and bird pairing... that's just evil, lol. Twisted Evil

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Well, you just wait till Nalini comes up with a RatxCat-pairing! ;p
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Tue May 10, 2011 12:04 am

I think Nalini said that all changelings in their animal form are bigger than normal animals. So the rats would be bigger.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 10, 2011 1:22 am

Oh my God, Serena, do you remember this awful movie with those uber-big rats? I saw it two or three years ago on Pro7 and couldn't sleep, because.. WAH! Imagine rats as big as a normal cat! Eeek.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Tue May 10, 2011 6:47 am

I think...was it the one with the Pest epidemic? Or the one where the garbage collection was on strike and then the uber-big rats came back? Or the one where the uber-big rats broke out from a laboratory....??? Or was all in one movie? German "event-movie" makers seem to like uber-big rats.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 10, 2011 6:57 am

Oh, I have no idea, I just remember the uber-big rats. Let's just say that it was all ONE movie -lol-

Another thing I mentioned somewhere else: A-Psy

Psy, who are able to alter their appearence! Wouldn't THAT be awesome?
Faith was able to show Vaughn a picutre and he thought it was "real". Judd is able to move cells, but A-Psy would be able to shapeshift into ANYthing, as long as it's not too different from their real bodies or sth like that?

Could be that the Forgotten have someone who's able to do that.

Oh, talking about the Forgotten, I'd love to meet like.. a bunch of them together. Like .. well, SD live together and I'd like to see some of the Forgotten living together, too. Imagine the possibilities!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 am

That would be a cool power, I was thinking of that too. They would be the perfect spies, since they just need to alter their appearance into someone who as acces too...I dunno... the rehabilitation center and then saves his/ her beloved?
But perhaps this was a mutation that was forbidden under silence. I mean, this power would invite to misuse...but maybe some of those Psy survived in secret... I'm just tossing ideas around here.
What I really want to see is more of the rehabilitation centers. I think there are more dirty secrets there than we know.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 am

They could become a scarf. I know, that probably sounds crazy, but if they'd want to, they could become a friggin long scarf. I admit that it'd be like 1mile until the weight of a scard'd come close to the bodyweight of a human... But imagine being a scarf..

Okay, after those unbelievable deep thoughts, cough, yes, the rehabilitation centers are.. wow, I don't know.. I'm also wondering how the conditioning works. I know that with us humans a painfull contiononing in our childhood can force us to become dissociative. I actually "know"* a girl who has dissociative personality disorder (and yes, I only know this girl, not the other personalities; *= I just read her blog and talk to her there sometimes, so we don't really know eachother, but still.. it's weird and she's so nice)

I had a weird thought right now.. Going to think about it.. Hmm.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue May 10, 2011 12:04 pm

okay ladies...let's not jump the shark here, we are heading into territory of a whole other genre...this is a sci-fi romance series, not a magical/fantasy romance series. Granted I will give you props for coming up with a really cool power, however, in what scope could this be used and work with the current state of psy-changeling reality before it goes into psy-changeling non-reality?!? besides that the power user would still be found out, appearance can not compensate for scent or DNA...just saying...

But it is absolutely awesome to think of the possibilities too... geek my inner geek bows to your greater thinking!!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next