The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

+35
lappyloo13
mike1803
TracyTheOncer
Rageane
Lisa
KTL
bluebourbon
Rukita
Bella171901
twixter_tea
cheebee
Nicole
Sarah18
BlackQueen
devilsworld
Serena
Lady Jaye
mj
ferdy
catikins
losellers
CK90
Lulu2011
tlcalheta
Lisa Jo
kitarad
Roxsan
Elaine
Scotch
FashionSparkles
Nina
silverdezz
tabitha
nols
Patricia
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 5 Empty Re: Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

Post by Rageane Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 pm

I too have finished the book, and there is one key point that has not been mentioned in this whole 5 page stream...The one and only time Hawke and his wolf has differed in opinion is with Sienna! Through the entire story he and his animal were at odds over the mating...his wolf had already claimed her, but his human half was fighting it tooth and nail. Unfortunately it did take a near death experience to make him finally accept the truth, but as far as the rest of it...all the courting and playtime they had was the wolf not the human.

As for the war, I agree with everyone...there should have been casualties!! The truly best sci-fi fiction, tv, movie...pick a medium, stories are the ones where the creators BELIEVE in the possibilities and make the works believable to the rest of the world. I think the best one who does this is Joss Whedon! Yes he is a tv and movie creator, but there hasn't been a story that he made that there hasn't been a character (and the fan favorite) who has died...and in unexpected ways too!! If Nalini had some deaths during the fight, and not just on the bad side it would have had more impact and made us invest more into the plot.

My personal point of view is that Hawke truly doesn't deserve Sienna, and he probably never will...But it is going to be quite interesting to see him try!!

As for the Alice situation...I personally never believed she died in the first place, especially after seeing the police reports and tracking her e-mails to her father...she was had stumbled into something and the council wanted it silenced more than the silence program to begin!! But since she got rid of the evidence...she became the evidence. What happens next, I look forward to seeing the events unfold...but I don't see her joining the ranks of the mated either. I think that the HA is going to come back from the shadows and become her personal security team...after all she is only human, and where is the best place to hide her but with the Human Alliance?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 5 Empty Re: Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Rageane wrote:I too have finished the book, and there is one key point that has not been mentioned in this whole 5 page stream...The one and only time Hawke and his wolf has differed in opinion is with Sienna! Through the entire story he and his animal were at odds over the mating...his wolf had already claimed her, but his human half was fighting it tooth and nail. Unfortunately it did take a near death experience to make him finally accept the truth, but as far as the rest of it...all the courting and playtime they had was the wolf not the human.

As for the war, I agree with everyone...there should have been casualties!! The truly best sci-fi fiction, tv, movie...pick a medium, stories are the ones where the creators BELIEVE in the possibilities and make the works believable to the rest of the world. I think the best one who does this is Joss Whedon! Yes he is a tv and movie creator, but there hasn't been a story that he made that there hasn't been a character (and the fan favorite) who has died...and in unexpected ways too!! If Nalini had some deaths during the fight, and not just on the bad side it would have had more impact and made us invest more into the plot.

My personal point of view is that Hawke truly doesn't deserve Sienna, and he probably never will...But it is going to be quite interesting to see him try!!

As for the Alice situation...I personally never believed she died in the first place, especially after seeing the police reports and tracking her e-mails to her father...she was had stumbled into something and the council wanted it silenced more than the silence program to begin!! But since she got rid of the evidence...she became the evidence. What happens next, I look forward to seeing the events unfold...but I don't see her joining the ranks of the mated either. I think that the HA is going to come back from the shadows and become her personal security team...after all she is only human, and where is the best place to hide her but with the Human Alliance?

I hope, I hope we get a chance to see Hawke in the next few books the way we've seen Lucas in the past. I want to see more of the tender, playful, uber-possessive Hawke along with him and Sienna figuring out her role in SD. I'd love a scene with him and Kit and the others where Kit is just looking at him like "yeah, I've totally kissed your woman with tongue" and see Hawke's reaction!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:
I'd love a scene with him and Kit and the others where Kit is just looking at him like "yeah, I've totally kissed your woman with tongue" and see Hawke's reaction!

I would love to see this too.
This book made me realised how much I want Kit to have his own book and to be honest I wouldn't have minded if him and Sienna got together.
I find the relationship with Tai and Evie Cute. Embarassed
I also want to know more about Rosalie, she kinda just popped up.
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd like Kit to have his book too, but he's so young and he doesn't seem, well, tortured enough lol! I know he and Rina lost their parents early but he's so generally well adjusted.

I also like Tai and Evie together but, honestly, I sort of wanted Tai or Maria or D'Arn or Sing'Liu or one of those secondary characters to get killed off. It sounds so bad of me but I agree with others that said the ending was a little too neat. Of course, I don't want any of my major characters offed! But it would have been OK to take out one or two of the secondary ones.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:27 pm

KTL wrote:Okay, so I really finished the book as opposed to thinking I finished the book. Although it requires another re-read or two, I've had some time to let the story sink in. I realized I truly, deeply like the book. It packs a good emotional punch. But then, I'm partial because Hawke and Sienna have been my favorite throughout the series. I do hope we continue to get updates in the next 3-4 psy/changeling books. I mean, Nalini must because the ending, albeit happy and sigh-worthy, was abrupt. I need more Hawke and Sienna!

Completely agree! I was also hoping to see the actual mating ceremony but oh well. As long as we keep getting updates about them in the future (like we do w/Sascha & Lucas), then I'm content for now. ;-)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 am

Yes, I want to see the mating ceremony or whatever they call it. That would be a cool way to open the next book. Riaz is standing around watching the ceremony and watching Hawke and Sienna. Everyone who is anyone in SnowDancer is going to show up for it of course! So that means that Adria will be there . . . the imagination just starts to run wild.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1803 Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Before reading KoS, CBI and HtP were my favorite books but, HtP was bumped to number 2 by KoS. My reaction to KoSwas that it was amazing, absoluetly amazing! Let's start with my dislikes:
1. The book probably needed at least 75 to 100 pages more for everything to be tied up
2. I wish someone had teased Sienna about her powers( like don't mess with she'll fry you " type of thing
3. I would have lived to read more about Sienna and Hawke's life after being mated
4. The battle scene was too short
5. Lara and Walker, I would have liked for their characters to bit more developed ( I feel like there's so much about them that we don't know).

Now the things that I loved:
1.I loved Sienna, she was strong, tough, stubborn, generous, loving,selfless and that she did not take crap from Hawke and she worked hard to make sure that she got what her due( what she deserved from her relationship with Hawke).
2. I love the playing that Hawke and Sienna did ( pool, rock paper scissors, when he chased her and she set traps for him)
3. I loved for the most part that Sienna held her own against the overwelming personality of Hawke, I know that at one point that she hesitated but, I like that because she took the time to really thaink what it really means to be with Hawke.
4.I also loved that we did not see too much of Sascha and Lucas( sometimes I feel like they seen way too much , they are not one of my favorites)
5. I loved Hawke courting Sienna beause here is a man that in the middle of war and everyone needs him but, he finds a way to make time to be with Sienna even if it's only a few minutes.
6. I loved that Sienna and Hawke mated ( because I would've have been so disappointed if they did not mate because then Sienna would have been his second choice because without the mating dance than Hawke doesn't love her to the fullest love that he could.
7. I loved how there was so many people looking out for Sienna Like Judd, Walker, Indigo, Riley, Drew, Kit, Tai , etc.
8. I know that some people wanted at least someone to have died but, I'm really glad no did because ( I liked all the secondary people that was mentioned, like Tai and Elias).

Some other thoughts:
1.I felt both Sienna and Hawke stayed true to who they have been in previous books( except Sienna was way more mature)
2. I did feel like Hawke did enough to let Sienna know that he loved her: he was willing to die with her when her power went out of control, we all know how much that Hawke loves his pack and when it came down Sienna or losing the people in his pack, he choses Sienna and he was willing to stay with her instead going back to the den.
3. I know that Hawke did not apologize for the hot/ cold thing but,when he courted her it made up for ( his actions were better than any apology)
4. While there were times Hawke was selfish but, that's him , in previous books he is a good guy with some jerk tendencies but, I think that's because like Indigo said that him being a Alpha, he didn't have work hard to get women, so no one but, Sienna demanded that he give her everything that he could give.
5. I loved the slow build up of their sexual relationship, it was sweet and cut and hot.
6. Overall I loved , loved this book and it was well worth the time waiting for this book. I can't wait to see more of Hawke and Sienna in future book happily mated.

mike1803

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 pm

I have just finished reading it for like the 5th time, and i'm still loving it. (I've said before, i think KoS andPlay of Passion are probasbly my favorite books).

I loved all the characters. I loved sienna because she was kick-ass.
I loved Hawke, not just because I think he is the awesomest but because he's so flawed and i loved seeing him work through them (even if Sienna did have have to kick him.) I loved seeing his person and his history and I totally understand why he would close his mind off completely to the idea of mating with anyone, let alone a young girl. that was so realistic for me because that's how many people dealing with so much hurt act. I loved seeing how much he cared for his pack, and how much of himself he gave (altho he should have given more to Sienna). I thought it was cute that even the feral wolves like Hawke. I liked the play between Sienna and Hawke. I really enjoy the SnowDancer pack dynamics, so it was great to see them all again (by now it should be no secret i don't care much for the cats, ugh!)

Toby, Marlee and Ben make my day!

Woulda loved to see more of Kit.
Riaz really grew on me, so I am looking forward to his story.

Can't wait to see more of Hawke and Sienna and all the wolves.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Jo Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 am

I liked the scene where Riaz in wolf form sniffed Hawke and "smiled" at what he scented. I thought Judd was going to blow a gasket!

I too love anything with Ben! Like Hawke, he is one of my favorite people in the den!

I'd love to see a short story with Ben being a little more of a main character. I've often wondered if he had some empathic powers since they did have a full empath in the pack. He seems to be kind of fitting that role already in the pack. Especially with Drew in PoP. I love reading about the littlest pack members - on both sides. Some of my fav parts of the DR books is Tammy's kids!

Lisa Jo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:25 am

I hope that the baby cat alpha, Kit, continues to flirt with Sienna a little and maybe bring her little gifts, just like Hawke used to do with Sascha to make Lucas a little crazy. It'd be very "alpha-in-training" for Kit. Can't see Lucas doing that to Sienna since he's always treated her like Sascha's baby sister.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Lulu, doesn't that make you laugh? anytime Hawke said baby cat or baby cat alpha i burst out laughing. now i can't think of kit as anything but the baby cat alpha (and i love it!) Laughing

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 am

Yes, I thought it was hilarious. I did wish for a little more page time for Kit in the book. I would have liked to see him have another scene with Sienna later on, after the 2nd time at Wild, maybe that lunch he and Sienna had.

I wish that Nalini had had another 30 or 40 pages in the book so she maybe could have given us that scene with Kit, maybe not as many "fade to blacks" with Hawke & Sienna, and maybe another scene with Hawke and Sienna at the end as I thought the ending was sweet but a bit abrupt. But, she had a lot to include and her publisher probably said "this many pages and no more".
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Love the baby cat alpha reference.

I wonder if Sienna's cat friends will feel a bit hurt/betrayed to find out she's not who she is - the plain old human from Tally's part of town - and that she is one bad ass X-psy. I'm thinking not because that was a huge security/safety issue for the Laurens, especially the pups, Toby and Marlee.

Still , so many things I'd love to see in Riaz's book.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Her cat friends must know as she goes clubbing with then and some fellow Snow Dancers and also joins in with the other novice soldiers. Kit new who Sienna was right from the start.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

tabitha wrote:Her cat friends must know as she goes clubbing with then and some fellow Snow Dancers and also joins in with the other novice soldiers. Kit new who Sienna was right from the start.

i think they just knew she was a psy. 9mebbe even not, since when she went down to darkriver she wore contacts, and when they were going clubbing she wore contacts, so they could not tell here eyes were cardinal eyes.

but even if they knew she was psy i think they only knew that she was a low-mid grade telepathic. no one knew about the X-ability, that's for sure. not ev even SD

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 am

The DR kids knew...remember they are changelings and changelings live by scent...do you REALLY think they couldn't scent the psy in her?!?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:35 am

even so, i don't think they knew the extent of her power. no one knew. cept Judd and walker and Hawke. but even hawke didn't know what she was fully capable of.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 am

Yeah but she doesn't smell like I psy, correct?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 am

@Tracy,
i don't know.
Hawke nevre says she smellso f metal - he says she smellso of autumn and spice. in fact the only time i've read of the metallic psy smell lis when we're dealing with psy who are already silent, not those who have comeout of silence (for example marlee, toby). I don't know.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

These images are near how I imagine Sienna when using her power, especially the first.
Spoiler:

found here and here
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 5 Empty Fun family ties

Post by lappyloo13 Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:41 pm

So i have a fun thought. Now that hawke and sienna are together doesnt that...technically make... Judd, Brenna, Riely,Mercy,Drew, Indigo, Walker and Lara all his aunts and uncles in law?? Very Happy
lappyloo13
lappyloo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:38 pm

lappyloo13 wrote:So i have a fun thought. Now that hawke and sienna are together doesnt that...technically make... Judd, Brenna, Riely,Mercy,Drew, Indigo, Walker and Lara all his aunts and uncles in law?? Very Happy

haha. now that you put it that way, poor Hawke Laughing (especially if he and Sienna have a child!)

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 pm

lappyloo13 wrote:So i have a fun thought. Now that hawke and sienna are together doesnt that...technically make... Judd, Brenna, Riely,Mercy,Drew, Indigo, Walker and Lara all his aunts and uncles in law?? Very Happy

FTW! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Too good to be true. Woaaa. Drew. His uncle. Genious. Ahahahahahahahaha xDDD

I love you! Seriously: This made my day. Rofl
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Whoa...this left me a bit mind-blown. I'm not sure you've got it quite right though....we need a family tree.

Edit: Actually, yeah you do have it all right. Dang my mind is blown!

We still need a family tree though.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 pm

We had one, but I need to update it.. Gonna do that today. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next