The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice

4 posters

Go down

Alice Empty Alice

Post by degdelta Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 pm

first i want to say that though i enjoyed this book i did not LOVE this book. that said, it still beats much of what's out there. my fave will (apparently) always be CbI (Judd ROCKS!)

now, on to Alice - i read in another topic that many folks were not happy with the appearance of Alice Eldridge. i, on the other hand, am intrigued and excited by her unexpected appearance. why?

because she is an eyewitness to the beginnings of silence.

because she has intimate knowledge of two designations that the psy have endeavored to keep under wraps for years.

because that knowledge may be a game changer on many levels.

btw, did anyone catch that apparently it was an E-psy that was involved in wiping the memories of family and friends around her?

also, if her memory was wiped why, after 100 years, when Judd finally found a key word she recognized did she know what to tell him to look for if her memory was gone?

additional questions -
did the scientist who cryoed her really commit suicide or was he 'pushed'?
why is the name Jena Akim such a touchy subject to the Arrows/Psy Council?
who was the E she was talking about who disappeared from the Net, and what role did he play in the AE story?

one other thing that may or may not be important - Alice was/is apparently not psy but human.

you've gotta give it to NS - she definitely knows how to raise the ante!

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Alice Empty Re: Alice

Post by Sarah18 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 am

Okay, that changes my pov a bit. But the first time I read it in KoS, this whole Alice-thingy seemed to be so weird, I was not happy with it.
Still we have to wait that she finally wakes up (for real, not for a few seconds)
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sycorax Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 am

Yes, I'm excited by the appearance of Alice too. I find the men in this series are all fairly interchangeable. They're all dominant, intense and possessive and scarred by something violent in their pasts. There are differences, sure, but they're all the same type. Judd and Drew are probably the most different. It's a formula that works and I love Nalini Singh's heroes, though I would like to see more diversity. I think it's the heroines who give the books variety, though, and make the relationships different.

I've totally gone off tangent, but I what I meant to say was that a brilliant pre-Silence human scientist is a fantastic addition, even if she does get mated to another dominant wolf. I can see her having a significant effect on the series plot arc, too.

Sycorax

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:20 am

I am not unhappy or unsatisfied about Alice. But as I said before, this book's been too full. There wasn't enough time to make it appear more realistic. It kinda sounds dumb right now and I think it does mostly so, because I cannot really point my finger to what's been bothering me the most.

Anyway, she's someone I'd like to read more about. The sad thing is that she was introduced to us in a book that's been so full of everything that it didn't show her potential. As our Alpha-bloodthirsty-ness said, the Alice-thingy was weird.

Btw, I'm going to move this topic to the general Psy/Changeling-area in one or two weeks because Alice is a character and will appear later again. - So she's not really "KoS"ish enough to be kept in this area Very Happy

Right now it seems better to keep it here anyway. Just saying so you don't wonder when it's suddenly gone lol
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 am

Patricia wrote:

Btw, I'm going to move this topic to the general Psy/Changeling-area in one or two weeks because Alice is a character and will appear later again. - So she's not really "KoS"ish enough to be kept in this area Very Happy

Right now it seems better to keep it here anyway. Just saying so you don't wonder when it's suddenly gone lol

'kay. :-)

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down