The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wonder...how many babies are we talking about?

+7
Elaine
ferdy
Lulu2011
paranormalmama
Patricia
tabitha
Katherine
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I wonder...how many babies are we talking about? Empty I wonder...how many babies are we talking about?

Post by Katherine Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 am

So Vaughn and Mercy are going to have multiples. Not twins but a litter. How many babies will there be?

My guess: four.

Two boys; two girls. A boy cat, and girl cat. A boy wolf and a girl wolf.

That really would be hilarious.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I wonder...how many babies are we talking about? Empty Re: I wonder...how many babies are we talking about?

Post by tabitha Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 am

I think four too
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

I wonder...how many babies are we talking about? Empty Re: I wonder...how many babies are we talking about?

Post by Patricia Thu May 31, 2012 4:14 am

I wonder more about if the number will be uneven or not and if so, if that will say something about the dominance.

Must be quite a bunch for Faith to laugh so hard, though.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu May 31, 2012 4:34 am

Patricia wrote:I wonder more about if the number will be uneven or not and if so, if that will say something about the dominance.

Must be quite a bunch for Faith to laugh so hard, though.

I think what had her laughing was realizing that the dominance question would not be answered by the pregnancy. Mercy had all the bases covered.

Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 am

Four? Wow

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 am

Triplets is my guess.

I'm gonna go with 2 little boys (wolves) and 1 adorable little red haired girl (cat).

OR

Maybe 3 adorable little red haired girls to drive Riley INSANE!!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

I think three too. Triplets would be perfect without being over the top! A boy and two girls! a wolf and 2 cats! lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

What will Mercy do about her solider status, with a litter of babies she should maybe shift to a dominant maternal...I don't want her pawning her kids off to the maternals in the den and going back to being sentinel 100%...Time for a desk job Mercy!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

You know, that will be interesting to see how Nalini handles that. Mercy is who she is. She's a dominant sentinel. The cats don't have the "nursery" like the wolves do so I'm curious.

Maybe the babies will end up in the wolf nursery some of the time or she and Riley will split shifts so they can be home with them at different times. Though I can just see Riley strapping them into their little car seats and bringing them into the den nursery in the morning!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 pm

paranormalmama wrote:What will Mercy do about her solider status, with a litter of babies she should maybe shift to a dominant maternal...I don't want her pawning her kids off to the maternals in the den and going back to being sentinel 100%...Time for a desk job Mercy!

I don't think you can just become a maternal dominant. Its an inborn thing, sort of like being a healer or a future alpha. You're either maternal or you're not. Mercy isn't. Being part of a sewing circle would drive her *nuts*.

Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Thu May 31, 2012 1:47 pm

I think Mercy will have triplets..quads is a bit much..and they'll either be twin boy wolves and 1 girl cat or twin girl cats and 1 boy wolf.. I can;t wait to see Riley looking after his pupcubs.
I definitely want Mercy to stick to go back to being a sentinal after her maternity leave..I don't want her to give up something that defines her wolf. Riley is just as much a parent as Mercy so if it's not expected of him to change or give up his lieutenant duites so he could look after his kids then it should be the same for Mercy. I much prefer the dominant females over the submissive females & maternal dominants and I don't want Mercy to be anything different than she is now.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 31, 2012 8:35 pm

I agree that she may not be able to become a maternal dom- but I also think that it is a life choice to be a parent and if she wanted to never change her life, she should have gotten some changeling protection or something because she can't just pawn off her kids at the nursery while doing all these rotations. As a mother your cubs/pups/babies change you and she should scale back her sentinel duties so she can raise her children, Riley should cut back some maybe too, but there will have to be some changes...I just never agreed with parents who have kids- but want their lives to remain the same...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 pm

I guess there are lot of different schools of thoughts on parenting and childcare. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do when I have kids:P
I have one sister who left her job when she had kids and the other sister who went back to full time work after her maternity leave and would eitherleave her kids with family or at the nursery..both she and her kids would have plenty of time together after work, on weekends and on holidays.. even though she still works full time like she did before her babies were born her life and priorities have completely changed..she spends practically every moment outside of work at home with her kids. Both my sister's kids are healthy and happy and they both have a close relationship with them even though their circumstances are different. I wouldn't mind Mercy scaling back her duties, but I'd also want Riley to do so..he's responsible for raising his kids just as much as Mercy.
Mercy & Riley are both dominant and integeral to their packs so it'll be hard to change their very nature and just be stay at home mum and dad. I think Mercy and Riley should look after their babies for the first 6-12 months full time and then slowly get back into work. There are plenty of working mothers who keep their children at the nursery and it works out fine for both mother and child. It's not like Mercy would just dump her kids with any old person..they'd be left with someone maternal, trusted and experienced in the pack and the babies would be interacting and surrounded by other kids and they'll learn from a young age what being a pack is..whilst Mercy will be doing the things that's her very nature she'll be protecting her pack/home and the all the children (including her own) and vunerable people. Even if Mercy works 8 hours a day and 5 times a week, she'll still be spending most of her time at home looking after her kids. I think both Mercy and Riley will need to make changes but I don't think work wise they need to be any drastic changes apart from the first 6-12 months.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:04 am

It's not like Mercy would just dump her kids with any old person..

great reply and this ^^^^ was a funny visual! haha Like here Dalton, watch the pupcubs I'm off to do a perimeter search, see ya! lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 am

paranormalmama wrote:
It's not like Mercy would just dump her kids with any old person..

great reply and this ^^^^ was a funny visual! haha Like here Dalton, watch the pupcubs I'm off to do a perimeter search, see ya! lol

Or how about, "Hi Amara, to facilitate your continued recovery I want you to keep an eye on the babies for me. NO EXPERIMENTS. Bye!"
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 am

LOL!!! Not Amara!!

side note- how about her lab partner trying to talk to her, lol I can imagine the look she gives him! HaHa....

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 am

My guess or is it vote? is for triplets, and they'll be identical girls. Very Happy

Given that Sascha got pregnant in Branded by Fire and gave birth in Kiss of Snow, spanning five books, I wonder if Mercy will give birth at the story arc's end.

Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

Just for devil's advocateness...what if she has 3...and the girls are wolves and the boys are cats?!?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am

Elaine wrote:My guess or is it vote? is for triplets, and they'll be identical girls. Very Happy

Given that Sascha got pregnant in Branded by Fire and gave birth in Kiss of Snow, spanning five books, I wonder if Mercy will give birth at the story arc's end.

Wow, hope we don't have to wait that long and that it takes 5 whole books. That will be 5 more years! Noooooooooo! Maybe Nalini will advance the timeline 6 months or so at some point.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Maybe.. I mean, the girl Kaleb found.. Maybe she'll only wake up in four months so Nalini skips that timeframe or something like that.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:50 pm

I didn't realise that Sasha's pregnancy apanned 5 books..I hope we don't have to wait more than 2 books..but since there's only 2 or 3 books left I'm thinking that it might be the last book where Mercy gives birth. I'm deffo more excited about Mercy/Riley's pregnancy than I was Lucas/Sasha's.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 am

[quote]Just for devil's advocateness...what if she has 3...and the girls are wolves and the boys are cats?![quote]

Exactly what I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:00 pm

That would be adorable. Riley would go crazy over his little wolf girls but I wonder how he'd relate to a son who was a cat?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Riley was able to relate to his siblings.. I think everything is possible for him. ;D
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I agree. He would. Riley is amazing. It would be fun to see him hanging out with his son the cat.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum