The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vasic - The total theories thread

+4
Maisey
Yurice
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
8 posters

Go down

Vasic - The total theories thread Empty Vasic - The total theories thread

Post by TheFLuff Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 am

Since I´m not the only one anymore totally head over heels with this guy and completely outragous theories about him: let´s make an official "We love Vasic" thread.
Also because Nalini dropped some AWESOMELY interesting tidbits in the Fanforum Q&A at Love Letter Convention Very Happy

Aside from this: Who will be his HEA? And has he Empathic abilities, I have another theory that´s perhaps just a little bit out there... just a little...

Ok, what do we know about him:

Appearance: silvergrey eyes and black hair. He has a very distintive face, all cheekbones and stuff (and yes, I asked... I need a description for my pictures, but Nalini couldn´t come up with anybody to describe it. Aside from "He got very strong bone structure")

Abilities:
TK, sub V - 7. something
TP - just below 6

Specials: subconcious telepathic connection with Aden. Very strong bond with Aden, more than just brothers, more like mental twins

Suffers from some bad case of depression

Strong connection to the netmind and his mental state definately influenced by it.

Has a mile wide soft spot for children

Has a computer merged into his arm since very recently.

Family: Unknown. We will find out more, though.

Last name: unknown. Got me an "evil laugh" (TM) from Nalini.. so: major red flag (and it will be important)

Which brings me to my theory:

We haven´t heard anything so far about Vasic´s family.
But we have another slavic Psy with black hair running around, who´s around Aden´s age and just happens to have double TK/TP abilities and about whose family we don´t know anything either!

*ringring*

I throw my money on: Vasic is Kaleb´s Brother!

Have fun with that one Smile

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Vasic - The total theories thread Empty Re: Vasic - The total theories thread

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh my, Vasic as Kaleb's brother? Interesting! Never would have come up with that but you have some good points.

I love Vasic too and I really hope that he survives what's to come and what he might be forced to do. I want him to get the same happy ending as Judd. With that in mind, I'd love to see him with a loving, vibrant, sexy changeling female. Maybe they could adopt a couple of psy kids too and have one of their own? Love that idea.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I won't be surprised if they are brothers. If we could find more clues to support this, it'd be very, very interesting! Very Happy

Now that you pointed the brothers part, then it's possible that the Ghost and Kaleb are brothers too. Hoho.
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:56 am

It´s something to do with his family... it´s either this, or his last name is Adelaja ^^

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:28 am

Wow... I'm lovin these theories. Of they are brothers it make them possiblely more lethal and deadly than the Laurens!
Maisey
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 am

Me too Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 pm

No....my gut is telling me that Slavic name is a red herring. Either that or we are going in the wrong direction with it.

I don't think they are related.....

Besides, low gradient telepaths that produce TWO outstandingly gifted children? Both with incredibly rare aspects of their abilities? I'm not buying that.

I'm loving the idea that Vasic is the relative of someone *important* but I think we have latched onto the wrong person.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm

What if he's an unknown member of the Duncan clan? They use slavic first names as well and I did make a pretty strong case for Vasic having empathy in his skill set.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Katherine wrote:No....my gut is telling me that Slavic name is a red herring. Either that or we are going in the wrong direction with it.

Besides, low gradient telepaths that produce TWO outstandingly gifted children? Both with incredibly rare aspects of their abilities? I'm not buying that.

I'm loving the idea that Vasic is the relative of someone *important* but I think we have latched onto the wrong person.

Was it mentioned in the books that their parents were low gradient telepaths? :3

It would make sense for the 'parents' to continue mixing their genes because of the high gradient offpring they got, the same way Walker, Judd and Kristine are full siblings, like Toby and Sienna have the same dad.

As for the empathy skill, though the ability has been suppressed in the net, there are thousands of E-Psy. So I don't think that skill or any other set, is a good indication to show blood relation.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Yurice wrote:
Katherine wrote:No....my gut is telling me that Slavic name is a red herring. Either that or we are going in the wrong direction with it.

Was it mentioned in the books that their parents were low gradient telepaths? :3

Yup, Check Visions of Heat:

"Kaleb Krychek had led an interesting life. An unexpected Tk cardinal born of two low-Gradient Tp-Psy, he'd been raised almost like her, having spent his entire childhood in a training facility."

While it certainly makes sense that his parents would try for another child in hopes of hitting the jackpot again, it doesn't seem likely that they would be so lucky a second time...

Unless.....

Oh my...this one is worthy of a new thread....

Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Katherine wrote:

Yup, Check Visions of Heat:

"Kaleb Krychek had led an interesting life. An unexpected Tk cardinal born of two low-Gradient Tp-Psy, he'd been raised almost like her, having spent his entire childhood in a training facility."

While it certainly makes sense that his parents would try for another child in hopes of hitting the jackpot again, it doesn't seem likely that they would be so lucky a second time...

Unless.....

Oh my...this one is worthy of a new thread....

Thanks for the quote. Smile

Well, they do get lucky. Lol. Kristine is a cardinal, Judd is 9.9 Tk, 9.4 Tp, almost a cardinal and Walker had a subtle, but powerful Tp. Sienna and Toby are both cardinals.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Right. Exactly. Kristine is a cardinal. Her children are cardinals. Walker is not a cardinal but is powerful and so his his daughter. We don't know what the senior Laurens were but its fair to assume that they are high gradient as well.

Looking at other genetic lines you see the same sort of thing. Nikita is high gradient and Sascha is a cardinal. Anthony is high gradient who has produced two cardinals and a one high gradient.

All the parents we have met have had children in their gradient range. Except Krychek's.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Well genetics is a fickle thing. I have seen two highly intelligent couple whose kids do poorly in school and outside of it. XD

With genes, it's all a matter of which trait is expressed, but not necessarily the best ones. So even two low gradient Tp can have it in them, the 'high gradient gene', unexpressed but still there. Finding the match that brings out the best of these genes is what the Psy do, so yeah...
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Palestblue Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 am

I think the Vasic and Kaleb as brothers theory is brilliant!!

Though I am convinced the truth is even more dazzeling and Vasic's last name is Adelaja Shocked - so I am all with you, TheFLuff...

TheFLuff wrote:It´s something to do with his family... it´s either this, or his last name is Adelaja ^^

Vasic Adelaja. I think if that is true, he must be the ghost! bounce
Palestblue
Palestblue

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 am

Vasic Adelaja. I think if that is true, he must be the ghost! Now that would be amazing
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:24 am

Fluff, you're a mastermind. And seriously obsessed with Vasic XD Not that I mind, because that theory is.. woa! My mind just went boom.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:09 am

Well, does anyone remember the that time in Blaze of memory, when Ming says "As long as Vasic is on a leash, everything is alright"

Everybody thought, it was because of Vasics abilities, but what would it do, if an Arrow named Adelaja would defect?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 am

Specially if you think about it on several levels: First, the arrows. Then the Council and other Psy who know about the Arrows. Then the rest.. Jesus Christ, Fluff, I kind of hate you right now. I've never been so involved with the actual non-romantic PLOT of this series before.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Found another interesting piece, while rereading ToN.
Vasic can only think clearly in deserted places. Yet he is only a mid-range telepath.
Emotions anyone.
I stand with the idea, he's an Empath

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Interesting theory. Vasic maybe is an E Psy. One who has been suppressing his empathy and it's driving him insane. If he is, I'm seeing scenes with Sascha in his future. Smile
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

But then.. aren't there scenes with Sascha for everyone all the time anyway?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am

lol, yes, that's what I meant.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 am

I'm pretty sure, if possible, even Raphael would get some Sascha-quality time. And then Sorrow, and Honor, and Elena, and everyone.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

Wrong thread Smile
Though I actually wouldn't mind in this case.
Sorry, but he desperately needs it

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down