Excerpted from Nalini's newsletter released today:

Wild Invitation: A Psy/Changeling Collection

...will release March 5th, 2013!!

This anthology will include two previously published novellas:

Beat of Temptation (Nate & Tamsyn)
Link to excerpt

Stroke of Enticement (Zach & Annie)
Link to excerpt

and two brand new novellas. The first novella will feature drum roll please...Cooper and Grace! This was a fun and intriguing novella to write, as Cooper is a Lieutenant, while Grace is one of the most submissive wolves in SnowDancer. As such, their dynamic is unlike any other.

I'm currently working on the second novella, and it's going to be something a little different. Set in the time between Kiss of Snow and Tangle of Need, it'll give us an intimate insight into Lara and Walker's mating, as well as featuring the immediate aftermath of the events in Kiss of Snow.

(The two new novellas will also be available later as separate ebooks. )
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Re: Wild Invitation: A Psy/Changeling Collection

Post by paranormalmama on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:33 am

Yes! I am happy about this. I always thought Lara & Walker could have had their own story! LOVED them in KOS!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:34 am

And i like that we have a submissive female with one of the Lieutenants! Dominant females are okay, but I am a bit tired of them, lol I can do with a nice submissive/dominant pairing!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 am

So interesting that Walker and Lara are getting the other novella! I didn't really expect that but I think there is more to tell. It will also be fun to see the immediate aftermath of Kiss of Snow, maybe more Hawke and Sienna, which would be great.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 am

Oh lord, I'm so excited for Walker and Lara. I wanted Nalini to explore a mated couple where the only changeling is the female, somewhat linked to 'the female has the last say in the mating bond,' thing, but coming from a pair like W/L, and with the bond a changeling construct, the bond has to come from the girl, yes? And this time the male has to accept?

And maybe we'll get to see what happened in that 2 days after Sienna did her 'nuclear battery' thing. Yes, we know what the Kincaid brothers did. Lol. But surely there was more to that.
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Agree! This could be very fun and very enlightening on the mating bond rules. It seems that for a female changeling and her non-changeling mate, it is more of a general knowing on her part, maybe a less volatile mating dance that the female doesn't quite recognize (?) since it is always the male changeling that knows when it begins.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Have you forgotten the mating dance from CbI??? That was the first female changeling/Male non-changeling pairing we saw...
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Rageane wrote:Have you forgotten the mating dance from CbI??? That was the first female changeling/Male non-changeling pairing we saw...

But there wasn't a mating dance in CbI that I recall. Brenna felt strongly that Judd was her mate but there wasn't a place in the book where she said, ah, OK, now we're in the mating dance. Same thing with Lara and Walker in KoS. The mating bond just sort of kicks in. It's a different experience when there is no male changelig involved from what I can tell.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:51 pm

You all have me fired up now. Me thinking I should re-read the whole series to refresh myself with these details that are so important but somehow I overlook.
I can't actually remember if there's a mating dance or not. But since they're mated I asummed there must be. Can two people be in the dance without realising it?
It was stated that the male always knows when the dance kick in. Maybe in CBI Judd know but since being Silence and worry about breaking his condiction mistaken his feelings or misinterpreted as something else. Being new to emotions and all!
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm

With both Brenna/Judd and Lara/Walker, there wasn't a scene where they said, oh, we're in the mating dance. That can be explained in Brenna/Judd's situation as it was Judd's psychic shields, etc. that was blocking the mating bond from what I recall. It may have been the same thing with Walker/Lara but there was no scene where they discussed that.

It was sort of a gentle knowing on Lara's part. They're, uh, being busy together, lol, and it just sort of kicks in. No mating dance. Just the bond. Same thing happens with Brenna/Judd. Once Judd isn't psychically blocking Brenna, the bond kicks in. So, maybe we'll get some more info on this in their novella.

Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Lol... Busy indeed!

Wow, your recalled I impressive Lulu. I think you're right. I'll be happy if Nalini give us more information on tht and clarify Adria and Riaz situation will be the icing on the cake! Lil' chance of tht last point though considering it befor the event.
Guess I have to go on speculating! *sighed*
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:53 pm

I think it i fair to say that both Judd and Walker were in the mating dance. Just because Nalini does not wrote it verbatim does not mean the same thing is not going on, and 'mating dance' is a changeling term- the Psy men would not acknowledge what they were doing as 'mating dance'. Look at their behavior, when Judd became overzealous about Breanna, he was in the throes of the 'dance' , when Walker shut down the other guy from even giving Lara the flowers, his possessive need to take care of her driving him beyond reason. Those are the actions of a man in the dance and it's fair to say they were in one. I think that is the case anyway. :-)

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 pm

paranormalmama wrote:I think it i fair to say that both Judd and Walker were in the mating dance. Just because Nalini does not wrote it verbatim does not mean the same thing is not going on, and 'mating dance' is a changeling term- the Psy men would not acknowledge what they were doing as 'mating dance'. Look at their behavior, when Judd became overzealous about Breanna, he was in the throes of the 'dance' , when Walker shut down the other guy from even giving Lara the flowers, his possessive need to take care of her driving him beyond reason. Those are the actions of a man in the dance and it's fair to say they were in one. I think that is the case anyway. :-)

That's a good point. Just because they didn't name it as such doesn't mean they weren't in it. I guess I sort of expected Brenna or Lara to have figured it out and maybe confided in a friend or at least thought about it in their own head.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:00 am

I think it's a shame Ria & Emmetts novella isn't in there too Sad

I also think I would have preferred to see another completely new couple (I was thinking on Gem & Kenji) rather than more Walker and Lara although no doubt I will love this novella when I read it Smile

Last edited by tabitha on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

My guess with Brenna and Judd, the bond has kicked in much earlier, but his shields were preventing her from sensing it.

I've been rereading CBI, remember that time hyenas attacked the cabin and Judd had passed out for 24 hrs in father Perez's church? He sensed something urgent about Brenna, and returned to find that she did push herself with Greg and had a relapse.
There too is that time when Drew was shot. Some parts of his mind sensed Brenna and her distress
When he was untangling the traps in his mind, Brenna felt his pain too, this was when they first noticed the bond. It didn't kick in that moment, it was there, the reason his pain transferred to her.

I'm thinking the mating dance only takes place if the female is unwilling/reluctant to accept the bond. The two women obviously loved their men, it was the Laurens who needed convincing!
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 am

I'd much rather Nalini Singh got a novella collection like Kim Harrison just got. There are SO many stories inside of that! I'm reading an eARC at the moment, and boy.. It's long.

Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 am

Hey everyone, the cover is out for Wild Invitation, the new Psy-Changeling anthology. You can find it on Nalini's blog.

Also, here is the info for all 4 novellas (the two older ones plus the two brand new ones):

In Beat of Temptation, innocent Tamsyn has always had a place in her heart for Nathan, a blooded DarkRiver sentinel. But is she ready for the fierce demands of the mating bond?

In Stroke of Enticement, a wary young teacher, skeptical about love, arouses the man—and the animal—in an aggressive leopard changeling who must prove his affections are true.

Plus NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED

In Declaration of Courtship, Grace, a shy submissive wolf, finds herself pursued by the last man she ever would have imagined: a SnowDancer lieutenant said to be “mad, bad, and dangerous to know.”

Plus NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED

In Texture of Intimacy, SnowDancer healer Lara discovers the searing joys—and unexpected challenges—of being mated to quiet, powerful Walker, a man used to keeping his silence.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm

hmm, two new stories...I need that book Very Happy
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Me too. Cooper, Cooper, Cooper!

It must be hard coming up with different three word titles for every new release.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Posted by Nalini on facebook, here is a snippet from Wild Invitation:

ETA: MILD SPOILER FOR "DECLARATION OF COURTSHIP":

Don't run from me, sweetheart, he thought as he took the final steps to her, I only bite a little. Not quite true, but he was planning to be on his best behavior until she trusted him enough to handle the aggressive sensuality that was an integral aspect of his nature. "Grace."

- from DECLARATION OF COURTSHIP (in Wild Invitation - out March)
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 am

I like it when people call other people by their names. /flashbacks to Doctor Who Series Three

No, seriously, it always makes me feel all fluffy. Smile

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 pm

I read the excerpt from the Cooper/Grace novella at the back of the paperback version of Tangle of Need. Oh my, I loooooooved it! Just so fun.
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 pm

New excerpts (long ones!) are posted on Nalini's site from the 2 new novellas about Cooper/Grace and Walker/Lara. The excerpt from Cooper/Grace is only a portion of the one included in the paperback version of Tangle of Need but is still fairly lengthy.

http://nalinisingh.com/wildinvitation.php
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 am

wow, I'm really looking forwards to Grace and Coopers story now Smile
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 am

I'm so thrilled about their story. And also really sad that it isn't a full length novel. /sighs

Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top