The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEART OF OBSIDIAN: Psy-Changeling #12 - June 4, 2013!

+15
Aquilara
Sarah18
Jane
ashleydevlin
Elaine
Rageane
Alliee
Patricia
TheFLuff
Yurice
Bella171901
tabitha
Roxsan
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
19 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HEART OF OBSIDIAN: Psy-Changeling #12 - June 4, 2013! - Page 7 Empty Re: HEART OF OBSIDIAN: Psy-Changeling #12 - June 4, 2013!

Post by Palestblue Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 pm

I kinda hope for a twist concerning the ghost, too!!

As for who will be the H in HOO... I just can't see it being anyones story but Kalebs... Because after the way TON ended I think it would be really weird if HOO didn't pick up the cliffhanger or at least that story thread (Kaleb finding his mystery woman). I mean - wouldn't it be totally weird if that wasn't picked up? And if it gets picked up I cannot see how this would be a minor plotline, since we have been waiting forever to find out who Kaleb is searching for!

So I am still guessing HOO will be Kaleb's book... But seeing as it will (as Nalini said) not be the final book of the story arch... I guess we won't find out who the ghost is just yet? I have somehow always imagined that the ghost's book would be the last one in the main story arch... cause he is said to be the one who could bring down silence and play an important role, good or bad, whe it comes to the civil war within the Psy Net.

Therefore I am betting HOO will be Kalebs book (plus his mystry woman? Sahara?) and the last book in the story arch , the one after HOO or the one after that, will be the ghost's story (and I am hoping it is Vasic, because he is such an awesome character!)
Palestblue
Palestblue

Back to top Go down

HEART OF OBSIDIAN: Psy-Changeling #12 - June 4, 2013! - Page 7 Empty Re: HEART OF OBSIDIAN: Psy-Changeling #12 - June 4, 2013!

Post by TheFLuff Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

I stand by it.

It´s Kaleb´s book, because Vasic is the Ghost and his last name is Adelaja Very Happy
And he has minor E-Psy abilities

Not that I´m obsessed or anything *g*

But hey, I can only win, either this is Vasic´s book, or he´s the Ghost.

Yay me!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

TheFLuff wrote:I stand by it.

It´s Kaleb´s book, because Vasic is the Ghost and his last name is Adelaja Very Happy
And he has minor E-Psy abilities

Not that I´m obsessed or anything *g*

But hey, I can only win, either this is Vasic´s book, or he´s the Ghost.

Yay me!

LOL, fluff! Yes, you win! I'd be thrilled if this were Kaleb's book and then Vasic's book right after. I love them both, at least I think I'm gonna love Kaleb when he gets done being all ice cold Psy.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:27 pm

I am not great at following author's posts and interviews where he or she drops series information. Did Nalini say in an interview that the Ghost's story would be the last in the main story arc? If it was interview, does any one have a link they could pass on?
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 am

Regarding Sienna's hair/age thingy, I just want to add that she's quite small in height. So, though she is 15, she may have appeared as a child to the G who's probably at least 6 feet tall as Nalini's men usually are.
Memory is quite fuzzy, so I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there's no reason for Kaleb to pay Ming a visit, even if he's already a councilor when Sienna was still 15, no reason for Ming to display his protege to another councilor who may be a political enemy or something. He's grooming her to be his perfect weapon, so Ming wouldn't let anyone get a glimpse of her, specially as the councillors are so mistrustful of each other.^^ Unless of course Kaleb, if he's the G, sneaked in undetected for whatever reason and saw Sienna. Kaleb has shown that he can indeed escape detection even in a secret facility only Arrows are aware of.

Egads, I better sleep, tomorrow what I wrote may not make sense even to me. Laughing
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Palestblue Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 am

@CassB: Actually I don't remember Nalini ever saying that the ghosts story will be the last in the story arch... I just always imagined it would be.

Actually I just rewatched an interview with Nalini in which she said that after KoS there were 2-4 more books to come until the first story arch ends.
So what if the next book IS the last one in the story arch? Oh dear, I sure hope it isn't, because as much as I wanna see if the Psy net can be healed (i e by reconciling the two halves of the net mind), I very much want to read Vasic's AND Kaleb's stories...

Which had me thinking back to an intetview in which Nalini said that Vasic might get his owm book, if he survived the evnts of the first story arch.
So what if the story arch will end with HOO? Then I guess it would be Kaleb's book and Kaleb is the ghost?

Maybe the second story arch will include Vasic's story (if he Survives HOO) and maybe Aliced story?

I sure hope Vasic will survive!!!
Palestblue
Palestblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 am

Regarding Sienna and is 15 still a young child. Especially in Silence, it seems very unlikely that a 15 year old would be considered a young child. Also, at least to my memory, when Vasic is remembering this bit (in ToN) I believe it is specifically mentioned that Vasic was 18 when he saw Sienna and that she had just come under Ming's control. We know that happened when Sienna was 5 years old. And although I don't know Vasic's age, I get the distinct feeling he is older than 22.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Palestblue Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:02 pm

You're right, CassB!

I also think The ghost's memory of Sienna at 15 and Vasic's memory.of her as a child cannot be the same. Plus at fifteen Sienna appeared completely silent (and was very much silent in fact), whereas Vasic remembers her as a scared/broken (but not yet silent?) child...
Palestblue
Palestblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Faidrari Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 am

I guys. Iv been out of the loop for a little while. I had a quick read of what's been posted.. But from what I can tell we still don't know anything about the next book or even the name of it? This makes me very sad indeed. I only became a fan of Nalini last year and couldn't stop reading until I had caught up. In the last book I got the impression that maybe Kaleb isn't as bad as he seems. What ever or who ever the next book is on I'm sure it will be flawless. Love her work.. When a writer can draw so much emotion from a page you just know that what ever is coming is is going to be simply perfect!

Faidrari

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:34 am

It wasn't specific that Vasic remembers Sienna as scared or broken, just that he'd recognized something in her eyes on a visceral level.

Sienna was Silent at 9 as mentioned in KoS.

Someone theorized that Vasic has some empath abilities, which is why killing sorta rebounds on him or something, as Sascha mentions all the time being a cardinal e.
I mean, among the Arrows, he's the only one who has professed a desire to die, while the other are 'hoping' for a better life.

Anyway, Sienna is 19 going 20. How old is Vasic now? If at 18 he saw Sienna who should be 15(if he's the G) then there should be only 3 years, 4 at the most, age gap between them.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 am

Vasic is 29

And Nalini always stated that she knew from the beginning who the Ghost was and that the last book would be his.

As for HoO being the last book: she confirmed to me on Twitter, that no, it isn´t the last book in the second story Arc.

The first one ending with Kiss of Snow.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 am

Well, I wouldn't put too much importance on Sienna's hair thingy, I don't think it necessarily rules out Vasic as the Ghost.

Mistakes happen.

Nalini made a mistake on Ming's birthmark being on the left or right, in KoS, (I can't remember which! lol) though she later rectified it in ToN.

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh, I can't get all the puzzle pieces to fit together! It is driving me a little nuts, I think I need to let it go for a while and trust Nalini to deliver a great read Smile
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by deborahpib Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm

OK, new here but I was doing some wondering, as apparently many of us are since that blurb was oh so annoyingly cryptic.

People keep mentioning a falcon wing in the cover for Germany, but what about if it was a swan's wing? correct me if i am wrong but wasnt there a mention of young female swan disappearing around the time Kaleb had a brief for lack of a better term meltdown. (Nikita comes across it when shes checking his background).

So here is my theory.
the nutjob who was training Kaleb used her as leverage of some sort sort while working with a younger Kaleb, then hid her from him to keep control of Kaleb as he grew too strong for the nutjob to control himself. ( sorry late at night and forget the nutjob's name but he was the really insane one who trained him). Remember this is the nutjob who did so much damage to Brenna and her shields and made her a tad psy in some way. who knows what he did to a swan.

The swan has absolutely no shields left as nutjob destroyed them and she was hidden in some very well held place to use as leverage on Kaleb.

It would make sense that Kaleb would need the wolves in his homeland to track her, since he was setting them to track someone, and who better then another changling pack since a swan is going to fast disappear from him and if he doesnt want to cage her and he has to let her have some space.

Swan is into stars, might have a star like name. since her name was never mentioned just that a swan disappeared. I wonder why no name.

Kaleb is after revenge of every one on the council who is in his way, or aided nutjob. and he bought the house for his swan OR hes just caring for it for her. Plus its high on a cliff that only someone who can teleport OR FLY can reach. last I checked swans fly.

The netminds were hiding her per the directions of the nutjob who controlled the net before Kaleb.

Kaleb is not the ghost, OK I would love if he is, but I am leaning toward the ghost being what we would call a minor character in name wise so as to hide his idenity from us. Kaleb has just had too much backstory built on him just as the ghost has as well. And they seem to have slightly different goals. Kaleb wants the council (or some of them just plain dead) and the ghost is more about freeing his people but not killing them unless its necessary. (like when Judd asked the Ghost for the 6 names for the guys who killed the deer.) The ghost said something about trying to help his people not betray them. Kaleb I think would betray anyone in his way if they didnt move out of his way fast and he thought there was no other option. like when it mentioned he would kill one of the arrows following him if he needed too.

Oh, and I think the Swan will be sent or flee to San Fran because honestly where else will she find changlings who know so much about shields and an emapth to maybe fix the issue at least a little. Or someone else who was a victem of the nutjob and might get some help.

course i'm sure when the book comes out I will be soooooooo far off base but thats my theory until another one comes along, maybe in 15 minutes the way this series and my mind works :-)

Last edited by deborahpib on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my bad spelling)

deborahpib

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Interesting theories. I am not sure if the swan changeling will be reappear or not, but I am not sure the swan could be Kaleb's mystery woman. With the cliffhanger at the end of ToN, it appears the woman is hooked into the PsyNet and I think that could only be a Psy. But who knows? Hopefully, we will in June. I might go a little crazy if Kaleb and this mystery continues to be a subplot without resolution.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 am

What struck me yesterday....

The hero might just as well be Aden.

Aden and Alice would make a cute couple IMHO

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 am

I would love Aden as the next hero, but definitely not Alice as the heroine. I think it's too soon for her story. I believe it'll take years for her to recover from the psychological trauma of being in another era, with all her family and friends (and possible lover Zaid?) long gone.
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 am

I like Alice, can't help.
but I don't think, it will be Aden's book.
After all, he may be alot if things, but volatile isn't one of them

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Let's face it. Kiss of Snow is like the King of all title-puns.
It's gonna be like that with HOO as well and on the very last page, in the last phrase (maybe the last word) every freakin thing will at last make sense. Until then ... happy driving nuts Smile
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

I saw a review with thoughts about Heart of Obsidian and... after reading it I really was convinced.
This is the review : http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/578401113

(Have you read it?????) Okay...
What do you guys think about this theory?
What if The Ghost really is Zaid Adelaja? The only thing I can think that is against this theory is that Judd knows the Ghost but he doesn't know Zaid... to him he is just a legend.
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm

It is an interesting theory but I don't think it works. First, it was the Ghost that turned Alice over to Judd (something, the review from GoodReads doesn't seem to consider). The Ghost doesn't seem to have any emotional to Alice -- which doesn't seem to fit with a possible Zaid connection. Second, while life spans are longer in this world, it is nowhere near immorality. If I remember correctly most people live to 130 or so. Zaid being in his prime as the Ghost at the time the books are set does not seem possible. I think Nalini would have to break the rules of her worldbuilding, which she doesn't seem to do. As others have suggested elsewhere, it seems more likely that a descendent of Zaid's will pop up whether than Zaid himself.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 am

I love that idea....
I truly do and have thrown it around as well here and there.
But I don't really think so.
Zaid is dead ( a shame!)

At least that is, what Nalini says...
But he's popping up an aweful lot in the last books...
dare we hope?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Unless Zaid abandoned his identity, faked his death (like those other Arrows living in Venice and elsewhere) and had himself frozen! So, he's just out there, sealed in his box, waiting for someone to bring him back like Alice.

Seriously, I think Zaid is probably really dead, though I kind of like my theory and it could be fun for him and Alice to be paired up if he did survive somehow frozen. Though again, lots of healing time would be needed.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Nalini has already stated several times now that Zaid is truly dead...even though his name has come up, it doesn't mean that there is going to be some grand in living color reveal that he's the ghost...although I REALLY LOVE the thought of it being his descendant!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 pm

what I just thought of... the back blurb of HoO:

A dangerous rebel...
balbla

A deadly price that must be paid...

By WHOM?
If Kaleb is the hero, might it be, that Kaleb has to pay the price for whatever he has done, while under Enriques control

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next