The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

+21
Bella171901
ferdy
Katherine
ConvertMePlease
burns_erin
Road
kthestrange
Miana
Rob
Elaine
tlgopal969
U.J
Yurice
anja-shirin-shari
syaffolee
CassB
TracyTheOncer
tabitha
TheFLuff
Jane
Roxsan
25 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  Empty Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Roxsan Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 am

The first two chapters for HoO will be up in less than an hour. I thought it'd be a good idea to create a separate thread so those who want to talk about it, can. If you don't want to be spoiled, please avoid this thread completely.

Last edited by Roxsan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Roxsan Mon May 20, 2013 4:16 am

Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Jane Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 am

OMG! I can't wait for the book! These two chapters are so amazing! Kaleb is such a... hard person, cold and collected. And the Heroine, hum, she is a fighter! It is Sahara, right? It has to be her!

What are all you're thoughts about these two chapters?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 am

*hums softly*

I like it.

I like how she is trying to mislead us into thinking, Kaleb did something bad to her, before she vanished.
And how Kalebs mind works. He´s just got a beautiful mind.
And the little glances I got of HER?
I love it.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 am

Okay, correct me if I am wrong because I don't remember for certain, but aren't all the F-Psy from the Nightstar clan redheads? Because in the excerpt Kaleb says: "the matted waist-length strands that should’ve been a rich black interwoven with unexpected strands of red-gold, dull and greasy around her down-bent face.".

If she is Sahara shouldn't she be redhead?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 am

She's got red strands so I'm going with Sahara as that's the predictable choice, especially as she's a similar height to Faith and we see two previous heroines but we know they're not SnowDancers so presumably it's Faith and either Sascha or Ashaya.

I'm still hoping she's a Psy/changeling hybrid like Enrique tried to make Brenna and it's not sahara though...
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 am

It's like Judd and Brenna all over again (does a happy dance).

I love, love, love it so far Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 am

That was so good! Smile I kept thinking Sahara would look more like Faith too (assuming that's her, which I think it is), but given how they are just cousins, I can see how they'd look different as well.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 pm

I can't seriously wait to have this book in my hands. I don't even know how many times I have re-read these two chapters....

There is something that is bothering me though, I know Kaleb is obsessed with the girl and has been looking for her for seven years, and now that he found her, he takes care of her and does everything in his power to protect her but the question is, Why does he want/need her? Because according to him he doesn't feel, so he doesn't "love" her at least not yet but he admits she is the only person that matters to him however he also says that he needs her... to do something? To predict something? Maybe it has to do with the impending war....
And the way he said that she doesn't remember their last encounter... how she was tortured...Tortured by who? Enrique?

So many questions... and we still have two weeks to wait for the book....
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

What I found extremely telling, was, how he described, that he had had a major flaw in his conditioning

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Tue May 21, 2013 1:58 am

This quote catched my eye :
" He knew a teleporter who could take blood itself out of carpet, but Kaleb’s ability worked on a larger scale."

Is Judd the teleporter Kaleb's talking? Can this be a hint that Kaleb is the Ghost? Maybe I am reading this way too much.. Laughing
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 am

he's talking about Vasic

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 pm

In the comments of the Oh Arrows, Jane from Dear Author mentions she has read the book and mentions that there is a lot of information on the Arrows in HoO. That makes sense as it Kaleb's book and he is the Council leader of the group (not sure what to call his leadership of the Arrows) -- plus the book looks to be focused primarily on the Psy, but I had not had a chance to think beyond "Oh my goodness, it really is Kaleb's book!!!" Very Happy

Plus, there is something mentioned about a Twitter Q&A moderated by Jane with the Ghost on Thursday. Has anyone heard anything about this? I checked Nalini's FB page yesterday and didn't see anything. While I think it is a very cool idea, what are the chances that anything very interesting will come out of the questions so soon before the release?
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue May 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Nalini mentioned it on Twitter
Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  Nalini11

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Thank you!
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Okay, maybe this is a red herring, but I read this recent interview with Ms. Singh: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily-blog/nalini-singh-psy-changeling-world-and-heart-obsidian-spoiler-free

So does anyone think there's going to be tiger shifters in HOO? I mean, tigers live in Russia. And Kaleb lives in Russia...

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

That was an interesting read, thanks for the link!

So, I guess the Ghost is revealed in this book? While I see people speculate that the Ghost will likely become known in this book, it is speculation. The intro of this article reads like it WILL be revealed:

"Singh, well known for her airtight plotting, has stated that she has always known who the Ghost is, however, this has been the series most tightly guarded secrets. (I have tried on multiple occasions to get Nalini to let down her guard and give me the name of the Ghost — to no avail.) But the wait will finally be over on June 4 when Heart of Obsidian releases."

Does anyone know definitely if it will be a part of the story or is this more speculation?
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I think it's speculation at this point.

Besides the question of the Ghost's identity, I think there's another question that many have been glossing over at the moment. In a lot of previous chats and interviews, people have been asking Ms. Singh if Kaleb will ever get a book and she always had responded, "Are you sure Kaleb is a good guy?" I mean, when Kaleb was first introduced into the series, there were quite a few readers who believed that he was one of the bad guys.

I think HOO will give us the answer to which side Kaleb will ultimately end up on. So far, all we've seen is that all his actions have been dictated by his own personal agenda.

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Nalini is still a romance author. Romance (in my book at least) means HEA. While Kaleb is certainly flawed, no part of me believes that Kaleb would be a lead if he was truly a bad guy (he might do bad things, but he will not be evil). I believe the fact that Kaleb is hero of HoO already answers the question of what side he will end up on -- the good one (at least eventually). I think Nalini's answer was just an evasion.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 am

Tigers! Can't wait.... I love SnowDancer and DarkRiver but, we need new shifters. And tigers are awesome! I wonder if there will be information about them in Heart of Obsidian...
Does anyone know if Nalini will have a transcript from the twitter chat with Ghost? Because of my time zone I won't be able to see the chat...It will be 3 in the morning in Portugal Sad
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 am

Tigers?
How... what?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 am

Nalini did a interview. Here is the link:

http://fictionvixen.com/interview-with-author-nalini-singh/
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 22, 2013 10:13 am

Oh yeah, that Smile

It´s Nalini Very Happy

She´s the Queen of giving completely misleading interviews and not saying anything Wink

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 am

Nalini did another interview. Here is the link:

http://thebookpushers.com/2013/05/23/interview-with-nalini-singh-4/

I wonder who the hero of the next book is.... hum, someone new? Someone we already know? Oh God, where is June?!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu May 23, 2013 7:23 am

It will be Vasic.
I´m taking bets, unless of course, HoO throws out the window everything, she has been building with this character since Dorians book Smile
And unless, of course, she kills him in HoO, as she has been threatening for a few years now Neutral

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next