The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series?

5 posters

Go down

Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series? Empty Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series?

Post by monadh Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:24 am

I've finally managed to get my hands of HoO and devoured it within a day. As it is already some time that I have read the other books in the series and would sort of like to read up on Kaleb/The Ghost I was wondering if anybody has a compilation of all the scenes that Kaleb appears in or is referred to over the course of the series or even just references to Kaleb/The Ghost in single titles...

I'm going to re-read StS and try to reference all "Kaleb"-scenes, maybe somebody would be prepared to do it for a different title...

I don't know if this is a stupid idea, but I just feel I would like to read all Kaleb scenes together...

monadh

Back to top Go down

Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series? Empty Re: Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series?

Post by CassB Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Kaleb does not actually appear until VoH, same with the Ghost I believe. If you have digital copies of the books, you can just search Kaleb or the Ghost to get all the scenes. I did this a bit before reading HoO. Its an easy way to find the scenes quickly.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series? Empty Re: Appearances of Kaleb/The Ghost in other books of the series?

Post by Katherine Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 am

Moving this to the HOO forum....
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:29 am

OK, thanks. I think I need to buy the electronic version of the books (so far I only have the pbs), but I'm new to kindle and haven't tested out any of the functionality, only read a few books with the kindle app on my laptop.

I've finished with StS, in which Kaleb/The Ghost, does not appear. Towards the end of the book Hawke reveals the defection of the Laurens' and Enrique is killed, though no description is given of how exactly that was achieved.

Kaleb is mentioned for the first time in VoH on p. 20 (Berkley Sensation). His name is brought up by Shoshanna as a possible council candidate. It's noted that he is a cardinal Tk (with superb control over his abilities) and that, despite his youth, he has already risen high within the Council ranks.

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 am

CassB, he definitely appears in VoH! I think I remember Faith "having to" step down when she's asked to be in the Council because, well a) she's not actually interested in being used by the Council, and b) she's also not interested in being killed by Kaleb, who was the other candidate.

monadh, have you reread the other books yet? /curious
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:27 am

I said he doesn't appear until VoH, meaning VoH is the first book he shows up (ie Kaleb is not in StS). Kaleb is certainly a major figure in VoH.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 am

/punches herself in the face

Oh God, I'm sorry. Definitely blaming it on the heat. AAAAAAAAAAAH I CAN'T THINK WITH 40°C SLOWLY EATING ME AWAY
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 am

No worries! I just didn't want you to think I was an idiot, if you actually read this series and don't know Kaleb appears in VoH, you are in trouble Smile
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:07 am

I didn't think you were an idiot! But now I think I'm one. :'D Oh God. This is one of the "I was so stupid, how could I even?" things I'll flashback to when I'm trying to fall asleep, I can sense it.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

I know, I'm crazy, but here are all the references to Kaleb / The Ghost prior to HoO that I noted down. I also included references to the Arrows and other events that seemed significant to the over-reaching story arc. Page numbers refer to the Berkeley Sensation paperbacks.

Slave to Sensation (Sascha & Lucas)
no mention of Kaleb or the Ghost

Visions of Heat (Faith & Vaughn)
p. 87 Sahara vanished 5 years prior to events in the book, at age 16
p. 176 Kaleb favored by Council as successor to Santano Enrique
p. 185 Kaleb’s early history as Enrique’s protegé
p. 224 Kaleb’s power of making his victims going clinically insane
p. 321 Kaleb becomes the newest Council member
p. 324 Kaleb suggesting the Council blame Faith’s defection on him (she didn’t want to take him on for the position in the Council)

Caressed by Ice (Brenna & Judd)
p. 18-19 Kaleb’s ascension to the Council – the Nightstar Affair. His aide Silver – the Lin group – discussing the Implant Protocol
p. 29-33 Council in session, « tagging » members of the Lin group
p. 32 first mention of the Ghost
P. 41ff Anthony talks about a Ghost in the Net, credited with insurgent activities, blowing up Exogenesis labs, killing…
p. 56 Judd & Father Perez have been working together for 6 years
p. 65 Judd meeting Ghost beneath Perez’ church – discussing Protocol I, considering taking out Ashaya Aleine
p. 105 Kaleb talking to Silver about Implants -> live trials
p. 108 Kaleb talking with Nikita about alliances and the future
p. 125 Hawke asking Judd about the Ghost
p. 181-182 meeting between Judd, the Ghost and Father Perez
p. 285 Council session
p. 290 Judd & the Ghost meeting
p. 292 Judd/the Ghost -> 1st meeting while Judd was still in the PsyNet ?
p. 302 Judd doesn’t know the Ghost’s identity
p. 303 Ghost claims to have no conscience and so much blood on his hands
p. 306 reference to Kaleb’s ability to cause insanity ; Nikita discovers that Enrique was Kaleb’s trainer
p. 308 age 16 -> decline in Kaleb’s power arch coincides with the disappearance of the Swan changeling

Mine to Possess (Talin & Clay)
p. 169 Faith being aware that Kaleb is tracking the NetMind
p. 185 the Ghost discovers info in the PsyNet about the kidnapping of human children
p. 232 Judd revealing the location of the Nebraska lab (info supplied by the Ghost)
p. 252 the Ghost creating a diversion
p. 265 Council member killed (by the Ghost)
p. 274 Council discussing that the Ghost killed Marshall Hyde
p. 293 Kaleb looking at the mark on his arm – calming the DarkMind
p. 323 Kaleb suggests Anthony as replacement for Marshall in the Council

Hostage to Pleasure (Ashaya & Dorian)
(p. 12 first appearance of Vasic)
(p. 27 Vasic again – allegiance ?)
(p. 39 Vasic defying Ming)
p. 53 Anthony’s involvement with the rebels
p. 92 Kaleb searching for the one piece of crucial information – Council session -> Kaleb questioning why he wasn’t informed about the Omega Project
(p. 168 Vasic (Anthony’s man). Tired of killing. Being able to take blood out of a carpet)
p. 256 Kaleb considering Pure Psy – playing with the star charm
p. 274 Anthony receiving a message from the Ghost
p. 278 (Aden ? & Vasic ? saving Dorian)

Branded by Fire (Mercy & Riley)
p. 40 Kaleb maintaining a constant (though highly secure) link to the PsyNet – registering (clustered) instances of Psy violence
p. 69 Anthony talking to Kaleb – contemplating his almost complete control over the NetMind and his murky past
p. 104 Anthony knows a very fast teleporter (Vasic ?)
p. 129 Judd keeping secrets from his contact in the PsyNet. Judd admits that he has his suspicions about who the Ghost is
p. 244  Faith talking to the NetMind) -> seeing the oldest and most isolated crack in the shield of the PsyNet -> male and very powerful
(p. 251 Keelie comes across reference that Eldridge had been working on the X-Psy prior to her supposed accident)
p. 277 Kaleb being anal about security at his home – humans trying to take Kaleb out from afar
p. 285 Kaleb only ever rolling up his sleeves at home because of the mark on his arm (reference that somebody might recognize it since the room where the injury happened was processed by Enforcement – not his house, he is only the caretaker
p. 286 Judd unable to get into touch with his contact in the PsyNet
p. 293 Vasic thwarting the Alliance’s assassination attempt on Ming
p. 305 the Ghost asking Judd’s opinion on voluntary rehabilitation – the Ghost considering the path of emotion but aware that if he ever lost control the PsyNet would shatter
p. 391 Tatiana’s failed attempt to have all the other Councilor’s assassinated and to take over the Net

Blaze of Memory (Katya &Dev)
p. 19 Council discussing the new abilities of the Forgotten – Nikita considers Kaleb not only the most lethal member of the Council but of the Net itself.
p. 82 Nikita & Kaleb discussing the sickness of the Net -> dead threats collecting in a pool
p. 121 Shoshanna & Henry -> talking about Nikita’s arrangement with Kaleb
(p. 143 Noor telling Judd that they are the same)
p. 160 Kaleb standing at the edge of the jagged gorge, entering the Net cloaked in a mobile firewall (which he copied from Sascha), examining the dark stain in the Net
p. 229 Kaleb thinking that he is interested in talking control of the Net
p. 230 Kaleb weighing his fellow Councilors
(p. 251 Aden is the Arrows medic. Ming talks to him about the Jax regime of the Arrows)
p. 290 Judd : Father Perez’s and Nina’s story. Ghost asks how Xavier can still believe in God
p. 293 Jax -> Arrow Squad prison in the Dinarides
p. 294 first loyality oft he Ghost -> this question remains unanswered
(p. 312 Ming -> Arrows -> Vasic (Tp 6) – Aden (field medic))
p. 325 Judd teaching Will (Forgotten Tk Cell) : I can do what you can do
p. 336 Dark River Psy contact confirms that Ming is not dead
p. 356 Vasic & Aden considering killing Ming, but afraid of destabilizing the Net – discussing Kaleb (aware that he was Enrique’s protégé) ; consider him to be on the far end of the continuum of Silence
p. 359 Noor & Keenan healing Katya’s physical brain -> Noor is doing the actual healing while Keenan serves as her conduit (he is a midrange Tp, but with crystal clarity) -> rare tandem ability

Bonds of Justice (Sophia & Max)
p. 24 Max having heard Kaleb’s name (and Ming’s) linked to military operations
p. 60 Kaleb out running, still searching for that one piece of information the NetMind keeps hiding from him – Cardinal Telekinetic, strength beyond measure – monitoring Nikita Duncan, curious about her specific request for Sophia – s.th. triggering his outermost shields and then escaping without dectection
p. 66 Kaleb, having a glacial kind of charm – epitome of cold male beauty (thinks Sophia)
p. 138 considering the various Councilor’s political affiliations
p. 196 Kaleb having been seen in the relevant area at the time of each murder -> since he is able to teleport, it smells of a setup
p. 197 the otherness in Kaleb disturbing Sophia
p. 214 Nikita talking to Anthony -> both allied with Kaleb
p. 235 Faith’s contact in the Net
p. 255 Max and Kaleb meeting in Nikita’s office. Sophisticated attempted hacks of Kaleb’s shields -> intrigued : are the Arrows about to shift their allegiance ?
p. 258 Kaleb having discovered some rather interesting facts about E-Psy
p. 287 Kaleb feeling the telepathic ricochet of one of his trackers. After searching for 6y 5m 3w he finally has confirmation that his quarry is still alive
p. 303ff Kaleb teleporting Max to the ressort where Bonner has taken Sophie
p. 311 Kaleb’s standing over Bonner’s body, playing with the star charm, thinking that he cannot teleport to the one person he wants to go to most, though he has tried every day for over 6 years
p. 331 Council session – Pure Psy – strange bedfellows
p. 334 the Ghost at work, showing the Psy populace how they have been manipulated
p. 337 the Arrows making an overture to Kaleb
(p. 340 is Sophia Nikita’s daughter ? what is their connection)
p. 342 the Darkmind has been protecting Sophie – Sophie bringing together the NetMind and the DarkMink in an anchor point -> for one short moment they are not seperated anymore
p. 348 Kaleb finding a trail that might lead him to his quarry

Play of Passion (Indigo & Drew)
p. 43 Judd & Father Perez meeting ; keeping it a secret from the Ghost
p. 69 Nikita & Anthony meeting in Tahoe -> discussing the possible new leader of the Arrows -> Kaleb or Aden – Pure Psy – agreeing to protect their territory together against the incursion of the Scotts
p. 95 Judd telling Xavier that Gloria is dead – the Ghost talking of impending war
p. 141 Indigo knows Judd is still involved with the Ghost even though he has given up his former career
(p. 188 Max & Drew feeling each other out)
p. 194 Judd talking with the Ghost about the dark patches in the Net and the split in the Council -> « there must be one person who you do not want to die »
(p. 269 Indigo telling Hawke that Sienna hasn’t slept with Kit (yet))
p. 313 Nikita & Anthony meeting with the changelings to discuss the defense of their territory
p. 318 Drew knows that Kaleb has been mentored by Enrique

Kiss of Snow (Sienna & Hawke / Lara & Walker)
p. 32 Vasic & Aden in a desert wasteland discussing the future of the Arrows
(p. 47 3 years since the defection of the Laurens’s)
p. 141 Judd meeting with the Ghost -> was hard to track down ; asks Ghost for help in finding Alice Eldridge’s manuscript on the X designation – Judd 99.9% certain of the Ghost’s idendity
p. 181 Ghost thinking how easy it would be to double-cross Judd and get his hands on the rogue X – looking for Alice Eldridge in the Psy-Net -> going into the Obsidian archive
p. 187 attack on the changelings not masterminded by Kaleb (says Nikita). He is distracted by another matter at present – Kaleb close to gaining control over the Arrow Squad.
p. 189 Judd saying how far off the chart Kaleb’s abilities are -> he could collaps a city all by himself
p. 209 does Henry Scott have Vasic ? (Hawke & Judd deliberating). Vasic Tk that can go to PEOPLE -> extremely rare ability
p. 235 Aden & Abbot (Tk 9.1) at the Amalfi coast, discussing Pure Psy. Breach of Silence : bleak longing in the eyes of Abbot
p. 267 Judd doesn’t trust the Ghost with Sienna since she is a weapon with infinite potential
p. 295 Kaleb teleporting to Nikita’s office -> he has no interest in the San Francisco area
p. 315 The Ghost has found Alice Eldridge suspended in cryonic sleep
p. 367 Ghost tells Judd there is no second manuscript. Alice had an eidetic memory -> she burnt her research notes on the X to keep them from falling into the wrong hands
p. 368 Judd never looks at the Ghost’s face, though he knows his idendity
p. 369 Alice Eldridge in the crypt
p. 371 places in the Net that belong only to the Ghost
(p. 373 Alice asked an empath to wipe the part of her memory dealing with the X)
p. 410 Judd at Xavier’s to pass on info on the woman Xavier has been searching for – Aden appears and talks to Judd about what Walker taught him in the Net -> hope

Tangle of Need (Adria & Riaz)
p. 14 Kaleb examining subject 8-91 and the rot that’s slowly eroding his brain -> « canary in the a coal mine » - asking the TwinMinds for help in locating the individual he has been searching for, but the the NetMind and DarkMind draw a blank
p. 31 Ming realizing that Judd is still alive and that the Arrows therefore have disregarded his orders. Wants to discover if Sienna is still alive after the release of cold fire
p.37 Aden meeting with Judd at Xavier’s church – Judd still one of them. Aden & Vasic talking at the edge of a platau speculating whether Henry Scott is dead – Aden officially field medic, his telepathy so subtle that he has been classified the wrong Gradient (Walker first to understand his power) -> computronic gauntlet fused with Vasic’s arm
p. 39 Abbott not defected to Pure Psy (yet)
P. 78 Kaleb still trying to teleport to the one person he cares about – hailed by Silver, who has news from her Pure Psy contact – Pure Psy shifting its focus from Changeling to Psy targets
p. 94 The Ghost watching Sienna & Hawke’s mating ceremony from the shadows
p. 107 Ming hasn’t given up on the idea of getting his hands on Sienna
p. 137 Kaleb has control over the Arrows – contract with BlackEdge wolf pack – Kaleb contemplates the loyalty of the Mercant family
p. 138 still searching for the one person . Andrea Vasquez  is Henry’s general (information supplied by the DarkMind)
p. 139 Continuous psychic search in the back of his mind for years -> closing in
p. 153 Aden & Kaleb examining the body of an anchor that died under suspicious circumstances, though no evidence of foulplay can be found. They are also evaluating each other
p. 183 Vasic paying Anthony a visit. Discussing Pure Psy, NightStar F-Psy and visions -> cataclysmic
p. 188 Kaleb not ruled out as a threat to Sienna
p. 232 Judd visiting William (the Forgotten Tk Cell boy)
p. 233ff Aden & Vasic waiting for Judd in the woods. Revealing that there is a group of rogue Arrows in Venice -> defectors channeled thru the facility in the Dinarides
p. 236 Aden de facto leader of the squad
p. 269 Kaleb cracking a firewall finding a fragment thats suggests that the dead anchor was pushed down the stairs
p. 270 Kaleb following a silver trail that disappears all of a sudden
p. 319 Kaleb gives Aden the order to kill Henry. Also contemplates that he will have to kill Tatiana and Ming. Plays with the star charm -> he is getting closer to his quarry
p. 321 Vasic & Aden tracking Henry, when all of a sudden they are suprised by the collaps of part oft he Net; Kaleb stems the disruption and V & A realize that his telepathy is also well beyond Cardinal strength -> anchor for Cape Dorset killed
p. 327 Kaleb teleporting to Nikita’s office, Anthony already there
p. 344 Judd sneaks in to talk to Alice whose memory is a broken kaleidoscope -> yet she remembers Zaid
p. 357 Kaleb continues his search for his quarry undetected
p. 370 Aden & Vasic appear and clean up the mess
P. 384 Vasic kills Henry. Vasic sees himself beyond redemption, only wants to find peace
p. 397 Judd & Aden meeting at Xavier’s church
p. 399 Aden gives Judd a data crystal containing info on all the Arrow children (to be kept safe by Walker)
p. 401 Judd sees Kaleb as a mirror of what he himself could have become
p. 408 after more than 6 years of unrelenting search Kaleb has finally found her

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 pm

May I declare you winner of the interwebs for today? /pines from afar
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:41 pm

wow that must have been a lot of work....Shocked Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 am

@Patricia: as long as the first prize is not a straightjacket Wink 
@Elisabeth: I just felt like re-reading the whole series anyway and just made notes. But it made the limitations of an electronic search obvious to me (some people recommended that to identify scenes with Kaleb/The Ghost). But then something like Faith thinking about the oldest and most isolated crack in the shield of the PsyNet which is male and very powerful (BbF 244) and which I think therefore has to be Kaleb would have slipped thru, since there is neither a reference to the Ghost nor to Kaleb by name... Also, when Vasic and Aden save Dorian after he has been shot in the neck (HtP 278) neither of them is mentioned by name...

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down