The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caliane

2 posters

Go down

Caliane Empty Caliane

Post by LadyInWhite Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 am

If you're up to date then you must know that Raphael's mother is Caliane. We don't know for 100% sure but according to Lijuan she is around 100 000 years old:

Lijuan's answer shattered the ice, turned it into shards of glass that spliced through his system, causing massive damage. "Fifty thousand years. Even that may have been a lie. It was whispered that she was twice that age when I was born."
"Impossible," he said at last, knowing he could betray none of his shock. To do so would tempt the predator that lived within Lijuan. "No archangel that old would have chosen to remain awake." A hundred thousand years was an impossible eternity. Yes, they had old ones in their world, but except for a few notable exceptions, most of them chose to go into the Sleep for eons at a time, awakening only for brief periods to taste the changing world.

Does anyone else find it odd that Raphael is her only child if she's lived that long? Even if Angels don't reproduce that often with a lifespan that long and especially if shes gone into Sleep quite often and survived multiple Cascades then surely she must've had other children, no?

Most Angels seem to have only one child (Cept for Neha and Nivriti who are twins) unless I am mistaken?
LadyInWhite
LadyInWhite

Back to top Go down

Caliane Empty Re: Caliane

Post by Concepcion30 Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:40 am

LadyInWhite wrote:Does anyone else find it odd that Raphael is her only child if she's lived that long? Even if Angels don't reproduce that often with a lifespan that long and especially if shes gone into Sleep quite often and survived multiple Cascades then surely she must've had other children, no?

I think it was mentioned that since both her and Nadiel were quite old that it was rather a surprise when she conceived Raphael. Apparently if she had gone her entire existence without conceiving, that would not have been abnormal. I think the whole sibling thing is very rare in the angel world as was mentioned with Neha and Nivirti. I wouldn't mind the concept of Raphael having a brother or sister, but this is not something Caliane would have forgotten despite her great age.  Although it's not out of the realm of possibility that she could have conceived in the past but the baby didn't make it. I would think that would have affected her the way it does Michaela to this day, although Raphael would have eventually come along to ease some of that pain.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum