The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigo's Mate

+22
Nicole
beljw
whynot9
Baboo
goodhoney
Louise
Sara H
molliemoo2883
Adnana
HawkeLover31
Less_me
Madhura
Katherine
Lara
hisgirl85
virgo33
Rageane
EriSeg
CiLi
Fuarie
Erika
lili
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Indigo's Mate Empty Indigo's Mate

Post by lili Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:18 pm

I was looking through the Q & A session on Nalini's forum when I saw this: "Q: Is Indigo's mate Hamiliton? is he someone that we know or we haven't met him yet? A: It is someone you know quite well. (Let the speculation begin *grin*)." So, I figured that we should let the speculation begin, even if the book is a whole year away. I thought her mate would be Walker but Nalini says she's not sure if she'll write his book. Maybe Nalini really wants to surprise us and makes Kaleb her mate (j/k). So who could it be? Teijan, maybe?

lili

Back to top Go down

Indigo's Mate Empty Re: Indigo's Mate

Post by Erika Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I've read others who think that it could be Drew or the Ghost. I can't imagine a lieutenant wolf and a rat together, and there are not that many guys we know well left. Unless we include Vasic, which would be interesting. I like the idea of Vasic being her mate

Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by lili Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:10 pm

I kind of threw the rat out there as a joke. Even though he is an alpha and not a low rank soldier. My problem with Indigo's mate being Drew is that they've known each other too long for them to not have realized they are mates already. If we base it off of Nate and Tammy's story, as soon as she turned 15 they both knew they were mates. Maybe they knew because both of their feelings were involved before, but I thought changelings had a kind of 6th sense about these things. Also, Drew has a lower rank than Indigo and from what Mercy said, that wouldn't exactly make her happy.

lili

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuarie Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:29 pm

If you ask me it is Drew..maybe Walker even though he seems alittle...submissive to get her to mate with him...
Fuarie
Fuarie

Back to top Go down

Post by CiLi Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:47 am

Nalini Singh said in the Q&A session, that Indigos mate is a changeling! Smile

So I think it will be maybe Hamilton (Mercy gave Indigos number to him).

(But we don't know him quite well so maybe Drew???).

I'm a little bit confused:someone we know quite well, a changeling,... Question
CiLi
CiLi

Back to top Go down

Post by EriSeg Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 am

so..what do you think about Baker or one of Mercys Brothers?

EriSeg

Back to top Go down

Post by CiLi Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:58 am

I also thought about Bas, but we don't know him "quite well", but maybe this statement should mislead us.

I thought about Drew, but I can't imagine him to handle such a tough woman like Indigo. She needs a man, who has also lieutenant or sentinel status.

I'm really excited by now!
CiLi
CiLi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 am

Just a speculation...but what about Anthony?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by CiLi Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 am

Anthony is a Psy and NS confirmed, that her hero is a changeling.

But maybe she will change her opinion. Anthony would be interesting, but I think
that Indigo needs a wilder man. Twisted Evil
CiLi
CiLi

Back to top Go down

Post by virgo33 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 am

Nalini said she might do Anthony's story not in a separate book but through the series.

My best guess for now is Indigo and Drew.

virgo33

Back to top Go down

Post by hisgirl85 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 am

I had a random thought about the rat alpha. He's been in quite a few books. Teijan, I think (mentioned in the first post)? I don't know about the rats working more with the wolves than DR, but still. More about the rats was developing from what I remember (especially in BBF).

Drew, from what I remember from posts before, has growing to do. Then there is Hawke. Hmm... ^^

hisgirl85

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 am

After reading BbF for a second time, I got to thinking about a conversation that Riley and Hawke have on pg 180-181 about releasing frustration, in that conversation Riley warns Hawke about a "her"...and that Hawke should spar with her to get skin contact with her. In my humble opinion, I think they are talking about Indigo and not Sienna.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by CiLi Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:53 am

After reading BbF for a
second time, I got to thinking about a conversation that Riley and
Hawke have on pg 180-181 about releasing frustration, in that
conversation Riley warns Hawke about a "her"...and that Hawke should
spar with her to get skin contact with her. In my humble opinion, I
think they are talking about Indigo and not Sienna.

But on the same page Riley warns Hawke, that she is not "ready". Why should Riley and some other men in the den being so protective of Indigo?
She is a strong women and if Hawke wanted to be with her (physically) he would try.
CiLi
CiLi

Back to top Go down

Post by lili Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 am

I agree with CiLi, it doesn't make sense that Riley would say that Indigo isn't ready. Also, I think we've pretty much agreed that Hawke's book is the one coming out in 2011. Although, I've always kind of liked Indigo for Hawke because she's so calm and would be the perfect counterpoint to his aggression. But then we'd end up with the same problem I have with Drew in that Hawke and Indigo have known each other for a long time. I've been trying to think of changelings that we know really well but other than the ones we've already mentioned (Drew, Hawke, Teijan), I'm drawing a blank. Are we missing anyone, either older or younger, maybe?

lili

Back to top Go down

Indigo's Mate Empty Indigo's mate

Post by Lara Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 am

Just a wild thought:

What about Kit being Indigo's mate.

1. We know him well.
2. I don't think that she is pairing him with Sienna (in BbF I got more the feeling of a Mercy/Dorian relationship to me).
3. There are more than 2 books to go till we come to Indigo's book so he would have time to do some more growing up.
4. Kit has the scent of a future alpha so he's definitely more dominant than Indigo.
5. Nalini also made Tamsyn and Nate a couple (although there was quite a big age difference). I would find it interesting to see it the other way around as well.
6. I think they would make a good couple - she would be the calm influence on the hotheaded alpha-to-be.

And to be honest there is no other changeling that fits those criteria:
- changeling
- more dominant than Indigo
- we know him well
- not from SnowDancer pack (if they knew each other for longer they would have felt something)

On the other hand Nalini could decide to pair her of with a submissive male changeling. I am not sure if I would like to read that - but Nalini always surprises me, and if this is written as good as her other books there is a big chance that I'll love it nevertheless.

Let me hear what you think!

Lara

Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by EriSeg Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 am

I think Hamilton would be good for her,
Barker is a "free" and not to young soldier from DR (but I would like to see him with Ria again)

But best we now Teijan... and that pairing could bring so much fun lol!

EriSeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 am

Nalini hasn't said that her mate isn't from Snowdancer, but then again she hasn't said that he is from the pack either. If he is changeling then I am inclined to choose one of two choices...Hawke (only for dominance value) or Drew. Hear me out...Hawke is a slight posibility only because of certain comments that he has made in past books to the effect that he is already taken when the subject of Sienna comes up. Not to say that it is strictly in the sense of past love lost, but it could be that he has already given his love to someone else entirely. It is NOT clearly stated who he has feelings for, so I am leaving it open to possibility.

Now onto Drew...he is a hunter. Just because he gives off the image of a undisciplined and immature individual does not mean that he is truely that person. He seems to me to be the most deceiving personality of the Snowdance pack yet. I think that he keeps us in the dark on purpose and he will show himself to be a true match for our Inidigo yet.

Okay...I've said my peace, let the beating begin!! Razz
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by virgo33 Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Rageane wrote:
Now onto Drew...he is a hunter. Just because he gives off the image of a undisciplined and immature individual does not mean that he is truely that person. He seems to me to be the most deceiving personality of the Snowdance pack yet. I think that he keeps us in the dark on purpose and he will show himself to be a true match for our Inidigo yet.

Okay...I've said my peace, let the beating begin!! Razz

I agree, there's more to Drew than we've seen yet, and he is a hunter.

virgo33

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm

I think its Andrew. Definitely. Maybe he'll be a lieutenant by then.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:49 pm

We know it is a Changeling and it is someone we know quite well. That kinda indicates Drew to me. Although, it could be one of Mercy's brothers. But I am leaning towards Drew.

Just happy that it is not Hawke Very Happy

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by Less_me Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

I suggest Indigo pick her mate by herself.But well..if just saying.. if,well,just suggesting.. Indigo,pick Andrew! Smile but the new guy from Branded by fire was also.. well,why not the competition? I really liked the idea that Mercy was the only left unmated sentinel,but not only Riley was interested in her,I can count almost three men Smile

Less_me

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm

After what Nalini posted in her blog from indigos book I think now I couldn't be more sure that indigo's mate is "drums please" Andrew!!! .. I mean who else could be so sexy Wink ( well except Hawke and of cause his sexier lol and his siennas Wink) But any way I'm so excited for her book to come out already but it.seems so far away.. But I'm sure its worth the wait Smile
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree. It has to be Drew. OMG, this one's also gonna be hot Indigo's Mate Icon_wink

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah it will be "Happy Dance" Indigo's Mate Icon_lol
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adnana Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 am

The excerpt/ teaser on Ms. Singh's blog tells the following about Indigo's mate:
"...the timber-colored wolf shifting into a human with lake-blue eyes and rain-slick hair."
Which means Indigo's mate cannot be Andrew.

The following is from "Hostage to Pleasure" (chapter 37):
"[Dorian] nodded his thanks to Andrew as the other man made good-bye motions. An instant later, the SnowDancer shifted in a shower of multicolored sparks and then a sleek silver wolf was shooting away in the opposite direction."

Besides, I completely agree with lili:
"My problem with Indigo's mate being Drew is that they've known each other too long for them to not have realized they are mates already. If we base it off of Nate and Tammy's story, as soon as she turned 15 they both knew they were mates."
What's more, as lili also pointed out, Indigo (a lieutenant in SnowDancer's hierarchy) outranks and therefore is theoretically more dominant than Andrew (a soldier, also in SnowDancer's hierarchy). So how could they be compatible (especially from Indigo's point of view)?

In conclusion, if Indigo's mate is a wolf we already know (but not Andrew), and who is (very likely) more dominant than her, I really can't imagine who it could be.

Adnana

Adnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next