The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fav Covers

+4
syaffolee
lili
Katherine
Idez
8 posters

Go down

Fav Covers Empty Fav Covers

Post by Idez Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Me Likey the covers! the colors, fonts, guys, etc. There isn't a cover yet that I don't like What a Face

what about you? what cover(s) do you like most? and why?
Idez
Idez

http://www.myspace.com/librasdarkness

Back to top Go down

Fav Covers Empty Re: Fav Covers

Post by Katherine Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Actually I don't much like the covers at all. But then I'm not really a romance fan. I like the Science Fiction aspects, the way Nalini prefaced a bunch of the chapters in Hostage to Pleasure with quotes or exerpts (very Dune-ish). I think the concept of an emotionaless race that isn't nearly as emotional-less as it pretends to be is extremely novel. These books really got me thinking about how big a role emotion plays in the world.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lili Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 pm

I think the covers are pretty good but I love the German covers. I saw them on the website and I think they are stunning. At first I wasn't too fond of Branded by Fire's cover because I wanted to continue the trend of having the profile of one character on the cover. But I couldn't decide if I would prefer to see Mercy or Riley so it works for me that they're both on it.

lili

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm one of those weird people who prefer minimalist design. But since I like to read more than I like buying things that look good on bookshelves, I mostly ignore book covers and go straight to the blurbs/summaries when searching for novels.

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by jo716 Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:30 pm

"Slave to Sensation" and "Caressed by Ice" are my favorite ones. The first one drew my attention on amazon because of the title and the picture. The image of him is very mysterious and i didn't even know what the story was about but once i clicked the link because the cover art and title just worked so well for me, I needed to read the book because the description sounded so original and interesting. With Judd's book, i like the cover art because 1.) He looks kinda like Mark Wahlberg and he's hott 2.) The title goes well with his character (well, on the surface at least Wink 3.) The art also goes well with his character in general 4.) I love Judd Lauren. Can you blame me?

I like the lettering in all the titles too and i liked the fact that it was just one character on the cover instead of the typical bodice ripper image. Lol, but i guess the upcoming book will change that trend. Yes, im a little shy when the checkout person rings up my purchase -__- If a book cover is TOO much, i think i'd just order it online instead of buying it in person but Mercy's book doesn't look too scandalous haha

jo716

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 pm

I usually hand the book to the cashier backflap up. They actually appreciate that since the bar code is on the back.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jo716 Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 am

that is quite clever of you Smile I will do that from now on

jo716

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 pm

When I go buying books, I don't look for the covers of the book, a simple covered book can have a better content than a multicolor one.
Often the characters are in my mind and I don't like them on the cover. So I like the english covers, but the german ones are my favs. Especially for my graphic artist eyes Wink
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post by sophia.lp Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:24 pm

I love Nalini's book covers. I love the fact that they have so much colour and the designs are great! Sometimes, I'll admit, I may judge a book by its cover, maybe that's why I went straight to these books. Thank goodness I found them Very Happy

sophia.lp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuarie Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:23 pm

I like the covers but not when compared to the books. I think that the models should at least attempt to look like the guys in the story. Not that they aren't good looking they just do not go with the characters.
Fuarie
Fuarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum