The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dev's mate

+13
Kathy
Sara H
Fuarie
Rageane
rystyn_4728
CyndeB
EriSeg
Erika
SamFrucci
glor
syaffolee
lili
Katherine
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dev's mate - Page 2 Empty Re: Dev's mate

Post by Erika Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I doubt it's the snake, I think its Sahara. She'd be in her early 20s now.

Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by rystyn_4728 Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 am

might be Indigo... Very Happy (or maybe she'll be good for Walker Lauren)

rystyn_4728

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 am

I am thinking it could be the pack healer for Snowdancer
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Dev's mate - Page 2 Empty Dev's Mate

Post by CyndeB Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

How about Rina? Kit's sister? She's grown up quite a bit. . .

CyndeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:39 am

I see Rina mating with another dominate changeling, she is too much like Mercy in her dominance.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 am

[/quote]
Katherine wrote:Oh come on, Think outside the box.

Fact: Empathy runs in the Duncan family line.
Proof: Sascha's great grandmother, Ai, was born an empath and Sascha is a Cardinal E-Psy.
Fact: Nikita doesn't seem to have a strong secondary power the way most psy do. She's a strong telepath, but after that all her other "skills" are below 2.0.
Fact: Sascha is NOT a strong telepath.
Fact: Nikita said that she chose Sascha's father with careful consideration as to how their genes would mix.
Fact: Although the E designation may not be on the psy charts, that does not mean that there is no way of knowing whether or not someone has Empathtic abilties. Nikita knew that Sascha was an empath before she was born.
Conclusion 1&2: Nikita has Empathy. Nikita deliberately produced a child with strong empathtic abilities.
Fact: Psy are fanatical about their bloodlines
Fact: Nikita has officially disowned her daughter
Fact: Sascha is Nikita's only child.
Refinement of fact: Despite KNOWING that Sascha was a cardinal E-psy with no other strong abilities, Nikita did not feel it necessary to produce another heir.
Conclusion 3: Nikita apparently felt that Sascha was an acceptable "heir apparent".
Fact: To our knowledge, Nikita has not had any more children despite disowning Sascha.
Conclusion 4: She must still consider Sascha an appropriate heir apparent.

Also, if you read the sections with Nikita in it, you'll see that she's really not a bad person. You just gotta make an effort to try and see what she does in a good light. And in case you want to throw up her involvement with the hyenas as an example of something that she did that was definitely NOT good, let me point out that she didn't have a choice.

IF you remember in StS Nikita took Sascha to the clinic and told her "Don't be anything but perfect"...as if she was in her way protecting her daughter from being found out about her powers. I will also point out that even though she publicly disowned Sascha, she still keeps tabs on her from her dealings with the Darkriver business contracts. I am with Katherine on this one, Nikita is a possibility...But then again maybe Nalini is just being her evil self and making us wiggle on the hook in suspense.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 am

I am with Katherine on this one, Nikita is a possibility...But then
again maybe Nalini is just being her evil self and making us wiggle on
the hook in suspense.

Oh yes, she's definitely being evil. I sent her an email a while back asking if Nikita was Dev's mate, and she said, "Come on, you want it to be a surprise, don't you? *g*" Which is typical Nalini and translates as, "Maybe she is! Maybe she's not!"

I just can't seem to catch a break these days. ;-)

IF you remember in StS Nikita took Sascha to the clinic and told her
"Don't be anything but perfect"...as if she was in her way protecting
her daughter from being found out about her powers.

That's how I read that as well.

Last edited by Katherine on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added additional remark)
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EriSeg Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

EriSeg wrote:Hmm...

... maybe Ekaterina have left this labour exposion by life?

I was right lol!

EriSeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuarie Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

CyndeB wrote:I'd like to see Anthony matched up with his own story too but NOT with Nikita! He deserves someone really special I think. Like I don't know who or what (psy, changeling or human) but someone really special.

Anthony really clicked with me too ^^ I think he would have a great story but I can't imagine who he could be paired with
Fuarie
Fuarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara H Tue May 19, 2009 1:42 am

I think of Dev as a man in his thirties. Since Sasha by now will be almost thirty herself, Nikita will be at least 50, and that wouldn't fit in my opinion.
I'm leaning towards Ekaterina now myself too: the name fits. However, was it mentioned in the books that Ekaterina's talent is Medical? I can't remember.

Sara H

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Wed May 20, 2009 8:03 am

The name does fit, but its too obvious.

Yeah, Ekaterina's talent is probably medical since she was working on in the Implant lab.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu May 21, 2009 4:18 pm

The heroine in Blaze of Memory, Katya Haas, memory has been wiped out but do we know if she is a psy or what?

Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 am

Kathy wrote:The heroine in Blaze of Memory, Katya Haas, memory has been wiped out but do we know if she is a psy or what?

Good point...No she has not revealed that information, just the name.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Fri May 22, 2009 4:41 pm

She's a killing machine or something along those lines, so I think her being psy is the best guess.

Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by missdee Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Dev's mate, hmmm! I believe that the most likely place Dev is going to meet his mate is at Luca's office building. I think it might be Doriann's archietectual assistant. She is the one who basically asked Dorian's mate if she had a problem with her because her skin was dark. She has been ever so slightly introduced to us just a couple of times, but there is a story there, don't you think? Holla back!

missdee

Back to top Go down

Dev's mate - Page 2 Empty Dev's Mate

Post by CyndeB Sun May 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Wasn't that assistant a "wildcat"? I know she wasn't Pack but she was changeling so someone making her into a "killing machine" or manipulating her psychically would be hard right? I mean look at the fiasco with the programming the psy tried on the lynx changelings in CBI. Question confused

CyndeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun May 31, 2009 6:03 pm

I don't think that this heroine we are looking for is a changeling at all. I think it is going to wind up being either one of the humans, one of the forgotten or one of the psy. Oh, and the victims in CBI were Hyena, they are a lower ranking and non-predatory group that made it easier to attack their minds to begin with.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Vantizian Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Proof: Sascha's great grandmother, Ai, was born an empath and Sascha is a Cardinal E-Psy.
Fact: Nikita doesn't seem to have a strong secondary power the way most psy do. She's a strong telepath, but after that all her other "skills" are below 2.0.
Fact: Nikita said that she chose Sascha's father with careful consideration as to how their genes would mix.
Fact: Although the E designation may not be on the psy charts, that does not mean that there is no way of knowing whether or not someone has Empathtic abilties. Nikita knew that Sascha was an empath before she was born.
Conclusion 1&2: Nikita has Empathy. Nikita deliberately produced a child with strong empathtic abilities.
Refinement of fact: Despite KNOWING that Sascha was a cardinal E-psy with no other strong abilities, Nikita did not feel it necessary to produce another heir.
Conclusion 3: Nikita apparently felt that Sascha was an acceptable "heir apparent".
Fact: To our knowledge, Nikita has not had any more children despite disowning Sascha.

Also, if you read the sections with Nikita in it, you'll see that she's really not a bad person. You just gotta make an effort to try and see what she does in a good light. And in case you want to throw up her involvement with the hyenas as an example of something that she did that was definitely NOT good, let me point out that she didn't have a choice.

For me its hard to think of Nikita as a good person. Especially when i read this one part in "Caressed by Ice"

"....Her daughter, Sascha, of course, had been a different story. It would have been far easier for Nikita to terminate the fetus as soon as the in vitro psychic tests showed the nearcertain presence of the E designation. It was, in fact, what the Council had ordert in the early years of Silence.....
A decade later, they had discovered the Correlation Concept - a direct if not sicientifically provable relationship between the number of latent E-Psy and the overall stabity of the populace. In simple terms, the fewer the E-Psy, the more case of sociopathy...."

That was for me the only reason why Nikita had keeped her baby. But in Psy world you are a person with power if you have a cardinal baby. So it wasnt that bad for her. But Sascha keeped making problems. Her condition fail. That was a very big problem, because it throw a bad light on the family and you had seen on the laurens what could happen.

Next thing i have read in CbI is "....Every one of the Counilors was a killer in some form..." (Nikita still thinking in her penthouse)

So i dont think Nikita is a "good" person. I think she is a typical typ of "true" Psy with to much power, who cant accurate tell right from wrong apart. Only thing count in her world is power.
Vantizian
Vantizian

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Vantizian wrote:

For me its hard to think of Nikita as a good person. Especially when i read this one part in "Caressed by Ice"

"....Her daughter, Sascha, of course, had been a different story. It would have been far easier for Nikita to terminate the fetus as soon as the in vitro psychic tests showed the nearcertain presence of the E designation. It was, in fact, what the Council had ordert in the early years of Silence.....
A decade later, they had discovered the Correlation Concept - a direct if not sicientifically provable relationship between the number of latent E-Psy and the overall stabity of the populace. In simple terms, the fewer the E-Psy, the more case of sociopathy...."

That was for me the only reason why Nikita had keeped her baby. But in Psy world you are a person with power if you have a cardinal baby. So it wasnt that bad for her. But Sascha keeped making problems. Her condition fail. That was a very big problem, because it throw a bad light on the family and you had seen on the laurens what could happen.

Next thing i have read in CbI is "....Every one of the Counilors was a killer in some form..." (Nikita still thinking in her penthouse)

So i dont think Nikita is a "good" person. I think she is a typical typ of "true" Psy with to much power, who cant accurate tell right from wrong apart. Only thing count in her world is power.

You're holding Nikita to this world's values. In the Psy world, murder isn't bad, its business. Or politics. Council members talk openly about it. When in Rome, you do as the Romans.

Besides, I suspect that anybody she killed during her assent to power, probably intended to kill her first.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vantizian Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 am

Isnt the Programm "Silence" created in order to erase baser notions such as hate and rage to eliminate blood and thunder in the Psy world?
So i dont think killing someone will be ok, but maybe i am wrong with that.
Vantizian
Vantizian

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 am

Silence did eliminate hate and rage. However that's not why council and wannabe council members are murdered. They're murdered for political gain. Politics in the world of the Psy is literally a cut-throat affair.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:51 pm

If you think about the emotions that bind us as humans to a moral code of ethics such as, treat others as you would LIKE to be treated, in the world of the psy where emotions are "silenced" what drives the moral code? It would be a completely different set of rules and views on what is/is not right and wrong. Killing to gain power is not necesarily wrong, killing just to kill that is perceived as wrong and those that do are punished in some form or fashion by the same people who kill to gain power. A cunundrum to say the least.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Vantizian Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 am

So there is in the end no real answer to the issue if Nikita is good/bad or something beween. But there is a big maybe in the room! Works for me ;-)
Vantizian
Vantizian

Back to top Go down

Post by Celebes Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 am

Thought to save you a visit to nalinisingh site... I've posted this one so that we could all groan (while waiting) and speculate more on her next book. Can't wait for her next excerpt!!! bounce

BLAZE OF MEMORY
BERKLEY BOOKS
Coming November 2009

Nalini Singh returns to the Psy/Changeling world and its “breathtaking
blend of passion, adventure, and the paranormal”* as a woman without a
past becomes the pawn of a man who controls her future…

Dev Santos discovers her unconscious and battered, with no memory of who
she is. All she knows is that she’s dangerous. Charged with protecting
his people’s most vulnerable secrets, Dev is duty-bound to eliminate
all threats. It’s a task he’s never hesitated to complete…until he
finds himself drawn to a woman who might yet prove the enemy’s most
insidious weapon.

Stripped of her memories by a shadowy oppressor, and programmed to
carry out cold-blooded murder, Katya Haas is fighting desperately for
her sanity itself. Her only hope is Dev. But how can she expect to gain
the trust of a man who could very well be her next target? For in this
game, one must die…
Celebes
Celebes

Back to top Go down

Post by virgo33 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 am

lili wrote:I was on Nalini's blog earlier and I saw a link to an interview. She talked about Dev's book a little and said, "You’ll have noticed I didn’t mention the heroine – that’s because
you both know her…and don’t. And I’ll leave you with that crazy-making
statement. ;-)
." So I guess that means that's she's mentioned the character before but she's never "physically" appeared in the book. That being said, I am very inclined to believe that it is Sahara and that he knows her through a net created by some of the Forgotten. I can't wait for the November release!

I remember reading this now that you mention it, forgot all about Sahara, possibility.

virgo33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next