The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character profiles?

+16
kitarad
Nicole
Sarah18
KTL
Jane
twixter_tea
TracyTheOncer
Nina
Patricia
Serena
Bella171901
Sam
Rageane
evedallas
Vanessa
tabitha
20 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Character profiles? - Page 3 Empty Re: Character profiles?

Post by Nina Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Ah. My excel sheets aren't organized enough... I'm inserting the info into the format you suggested. I could send you the .docx files, though. I've got the DR sentinels & their mates done and I'm working on SnowDancer's lieutenants now.

I'll clean up one of the excel sheets and send you one.

Hah! PNG means persona non grata, evidently! I'll have to have urbandictionary.com up when I read the next book, lol.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 am

Patricia wrote:Haha, I know that. When I started doing it I was a noob. If you want to do something and have time later, you could write down some things (with Word ;D).

I'm rock'n'roll! B)

Do my best Wink My mom thinks I´m crazy cause I started to re-read the books again... I write down some stuff and send you a mail (yes, I´m able to do that Very Happy) Hope it happens this week, but not promising anything

P.S.: My English really sucks after a little nappy XD
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 am

Oh, you guys are awesome, seriously!!

My English sucks all the time, sooo.. Wink Btw, you can write those things in German, if you'd like to. Aww, *giggles*

Persona non grata.. Ftw, that's .. haha. Like it. Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am

Trust me, your English does not suck, either of you. Your grammar, spelling, punctuation... um... everything is better than a lot of college students over here (USA.) Our school systems don't emphasize proper writing/speaking as much anymore *genuinely sad*

I wish my Spanish was half as good.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks, Nina.
I´m through with Slave to Sensation and Visions of Heat, but I don´t know which things I should write down...

@ Nina: Maybe you could make a list of charakters you´ve finished, already started etc.
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:14 pm

You don't need to do that anytime soon, anyway. Smile

Thank you :'D. But still, I can't articulate my thoughts the way I want to, which is highly upsetting. Oh! Spanish! I wanted to learn it and might start this summer or next spring *_* My Latin sucks, my Vietnamese isn't even.. well, I can ask someone if he wants to go to the restroom with me. Helpfull, isn't it? Wink
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

About a list of characters -
Do you think we could come up with a list of characters that need profiles (like Sascha, Judd, Indigo, Tatiana, etc.) Then I could tell you if I have info on them and how much. That way we could know which characters to just put in a list of "people mentioned."

Patricia - I sent you the spreadsheet. Let me know if it comes through alright.

I can get by (barely) when speaking in Spanish but my vocabulary is so limited. I can read it much better than I speak or write in it. I know the words when they are in front of me but when I go to use them they're gone. But it's such a beautiful sounding language! Smile
My Latin sucks too, though I like the language. I'm learning Japanese right now. It's fun but it's very different from anything I'm used to. It feels like I'm learning another way of thinking about the world.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 am

Yeah, I think that´s a good idea... I think that characters with an own book need a profile. I mean they were important enough to get their own story...
So this would be the list according to the released books (not novellas):

Sascha, Lucas, Faith, Vaughn, Judd, Brenna, Tally, Clay, Ashaya, Dorian, Mercy, Riley, Katya, Dev, Sophia, Max, Indigo, Drew (Sienna, Hawke)

And then people like Tammy and Nate, which belong to the "basic cast"
And of course the Psy- Councilors

"Just mentioned" people - that´s kinda hard, don´t know where to put some people

What´s your opinion??
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:42 am

Yup, Patricia is right, it's sometimes really upsetting. Some words just don't...well they mean the same thing but they just don't fit. Because in some way, they just don't mean the same thing. As you see, I can't express my thoughts entirely like I want to, and yes, that's upsetting.

I'm good at Latin and Ancient Greek, but I have to since I'm studying philosophy and Latin is still a requirement. Greek is not, but it's recommended to at least know some of it.
My French was better in school, nowadays I can hardly make use of it. I can't make myself read french books, but I should or I'll forget too much.
At the moment I'm really busy but I want to learn another language. Maybe Arabic or Chinese.

I'm with Sarah18, the "main" characters need a profile.
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:43 am

Btw, never had Latin; always wanted to learn Spanish and ended up with French Mad I still know some basic stuff, but that´s all... Hated my teacher back then... Although he really liked me... Mad world scratch

Haha, just recognised that I always mentioned the heroines first in my upper comment - except for Judd Wink Got a slightly weakness for this guy
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 am

I can neither speak French nor Spanish nor any other language. My father and I have a rather psy-like relationship, and the languages my mom speaks, I for some reason never bothered to learn. :/
My latin was.. well, I have my Latinum and I got mostly As or Bs, but I can't speak it, since we never learned it that way. We simply had to translate from Latin to German and I don't learn things that way. Soo, yeah, well.. I really want to learn some other languages, because come on, one year and nothing to do. Neutral

Nina, I got the sheet and it seems to work fine, but I don't know how to get the informations that open up when I go over them with the mouse (you know what I mean?). I'm not working with Windows Excel, but Open Office and even there I never used Excel xD

But damn, all those informations! Epic!

Last edited by Patricia on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Was asked to edit something out. ;))
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 am

I'm sorry about that. I can feel your anger and totally understand it.
I also do not "speak" Latin and Ancient Greek. There's a reason why they're called dead languages. But I have to translate a lot and it also helps with italian. I can't speak it but I can read some.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 am

No, I'm not really angry, I think I'm just.. well, I'd obviously prefer it to be otherwise, but there's little one can do about that.

Oooh Italian. Another language that I could try to learn... Hmm, I really have to google some languages and buy books/mp3s that teach em. Smile

Okay, this is SO not about character-profiles xDD Um, ah! Yes! Who was the one who spoke several languages? Dorian?

Last edited by Patricia on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:39 am

It would be sooo Dorian if he spoke some different languages - boy genius ^^

Sorry for your father-daughter-realtionship, but nevermind my father and I am able to speak the same languages and we don´t have any relationship... For me he´s just the guy who made me... Or something that´s not nice to say out loud... Silence is my reality, kinda sad but I dealt with it for 18 years (then he left my mom and us - thank God) and will deal with it for the rest of my life

That was SO off-topic, sorry
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 am

We need an Off-Topic soundtrack, like with Psycho in the shower. And a dance! POLKA! .. just mentioning. Oh and answered to the rest here: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t188p20-off-topic
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

I really hope it's polka. That would make me laugh so hard. Razz

**So what information are you seeing on the spreadsheet? Just names in cells or a bunch of boxes on top of the cells? If it is the second one, go to "view" and choose/uncheck "view notes"... I think. You should be able to put your mouse over them to see them one at a time now. *crosses fingers*

If that doesn't work... I'll figure something out, lol.

**Okay, character list. We've decided on, so far:
1. main characters of books
2. Psy councilors

Others to consider: Walker & Lara, Kit, Vasic, Aden, some children (Jon, Noor, Keenan, Julian & Roman, Marlee & Toby)

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

I think the others to consider should also be included Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

I think it works now, going to try it later this evening. My PC hates me right now.. xD

Polka it is, then! Very Happy Just for you!

Maybee.. Like when you watch a tv-show?

There is the main cast (main chracters of the books, Psy councilors etc.)
Then there is the recurring cast (Kit, some Arrows, some children)
And minor characters (Some senior soldiers, some Psy blabla)

The first two (main & recurring) should get their profiles, the others just.. like a list. If Sascha was only a minor character she might get something like:

Sascha Duncan, E-Psy (26, mated to Lucas, unborn baby)

We could put two main cast-characters together. Eg Sascha & Lucas get ONE page with both their profiles. Makes it easier. -> http://psychangeling.siteboard.org/f5-characters.html
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 am

I´m with tabitha and would add Rina. She´s mentioned like a 1000 times and I think there is something going on with this girl... Maybe gets her own story...

Like Patricias idea
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

As well as Rina I would add some of the junvenilles, at the very least Kit and Tai
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Okay, so for profiles we have -

1. Main characters:
Sascha & Lucas
Faith & Vaughn
Judd & Brenna
Mercy & Riley
Dorian & Ashaya
Dev & Katya
Sophia & Max
Indigo & Andrew
Hawke & Sienna
*Nate & Tammy
*Walker & Lara
**Nikita
**Ming
**Tatiana
**Shoshana & Henry (boooo... Razz )
**Kaleb
**Anthony

2. Recurring characters:
Kit & Rina
Tai
Vasic
Aden
Xavier
Jon & Noor
Keenan
Roman & Julian
Marlee & Toby
Others to consider: Zie Zen; Tanique Gray; D'Arn & Sing-Liu; Elias, Yuki & Sakura; Ben; Emmett & Ria; Zach & Annie; Maria; Cian & Keely; Ghost; Bowen; Silver ***I'm just listing ones who have appeared a lot/seem important/are novella main characters. Tell me which ones (if any) you think should be profiled***

Another question: do you guys think we should add "important dead people" (or 'IDP,' *joking*. We're going to have our own language in the cult village. Rolling Eyes ) Like:
Marshall Hyde
Santano Enrique
Kylie Christiansen
Lachlan

Thoughts? Comments? Encouragement to enter OCD therapy? Wink

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

"IDP", OCD therapy - And you said I had problems with acronyms? xD First known decease in the village: acronymica - The need to talk in acronyms. Yay. Very Happy What does OCQ mean?

I think the list is really good. I also had the thought that we should include the IDP (Oh boy, now I used it ._. Very Happy). Dunno about others, have to think about it.

Btw, the sheet works, but I can't open the triangle-notes, because I never bought Windows Excel. Guess I have to type it down. xD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I think we should consider Zie Zen ,Tanique Grey and the Ghost. Maybe also Samuel Rain. I don't know if they should get their own profile right now, since there is not very much known about them at this stage but I think all of them will play bigger roles in the second arc. For Samuel Rain, I know that for sure Very Happy
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:11 pm

This is going to be so awesome when it's all put together! =)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Of that I'm sure. We should found the Order of the Most Absolute Awesomeness Very Happy
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum