The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOS Paperback edition

+4
tabitha
Jane
TracyTheOncer
Elaine
8 posters

Go down

KOS Paperback edition Empty KOS Paperback edition

Post by Elaine Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 am

from Nalini's blog

Writing & Kiss of Snow
I'm currently working on Riaz and Adria's book. Lots of things happening in this story, but if I told you what, I'd have to send an Arrow after you. ;-)

Also, the Kiss of Snow paperback is going to have several deleted scenes in back. But don't worry if you bought the hardcover - the scenes will be available on the website as well.

I hope you're all having a great week!

Anyone have any idea at all what these scenes can be?
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

KOS Paperback edition Empty Re: KOS Paperback edition

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 am

Nope! But I'm excited, lol. Smile I'm hoping some will be from towards the end (like right after the whole synergy/lake scene).
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:13 am

Seems the paperback will also be able to correct an error which went through the first edition of KOS: Ming LeBon's birthmark on the left side of his face, not the right as described in the scene of Sienna's nightmare. The description in Mine to Possess is the correct one. Nalini confirmed this when I asked her by email.

I also have a sneaking suspicion the Ming in disguise is the Psy named Vasquez who was assigned by Henry Scott to coordinate Pure Psy. But I forgot to ask Nalini about this though.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Since the paperback is now officially released...does anyone know what are the deleted scenes?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Yup! I went to the bookstore to read them today. ;-) There's quite a few, and they are really good. :-) I can't do them justice at all, but I'll give you a brief description of each.

There's a scene between Drew and Sienna (Drew was all, "Do you want me to hurt Hawke?" - lol, not an exact quote but that's basically what it's about), Walker and Marlee (Marlee's questioning him on his "relationship" w/ Laura & basically giving her approval....it's cute), Hawke & Sienna (Hawke's telling her more about his father & that old empath lady from the past while in bed....the end is sweet), Hawke & Laura (it's an extension of the first "love" scene between them), Indigo and Sienna (this was probably my favorite, as it goes back to when in POP Indigo says she'll warn Hawke's future mate about what to expect from him), and two more scenes with Judd (one where he almost gets attacked by Lucas in order to get Sascha & try to save Sienna......and one with Brenna).
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Can't wait to read them....and here was I waiting for a scene after the synergy thing...hum... it's for us to imagine.....Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Can't wait to read these scenes
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm

The deleted scenes are now posted at Nalini's webpages: http://www.nalinisingh.com/deleted.php#snow1
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 pm

They're really good scenes I love the two Judd ones Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

I wished Nalini used the empath one, instead of 're-distributing' parts of it. I imagine it's the night in the lake, when Hawke went after Sienna, her X fire amplifying at an uncontrollable rate. It was so sweet.

I like all the scenes, still can't comprehend why they didn't make it, even though Nalini explained. Sad
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 am

I'm guessing that she was limited in page count by her publisher so many of the deleted scenes were probably cut for that reason. Every additional page costs the publisher more.

Without her having a track record in hardcover sales, I'm guessing they gave her more pages than her normal mass market paperback (which is usually around 350 pages or so) but fewer pages than an established author like Sherrilyn Kenyon would have gotten. The paperback version of Kiss of Snow has 464 pages by the way. Kenyon's Acheron had 768 pages in paperback.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:21 pm

I'd rather have 350 pages of tight, meaningful writing than 700+ of basically unedited author vomit. Just saying...
Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:58 pm

LOL! Me too. JR Ward has been posting on her fb page how the next BDB book is longer than Lover Mine but not as long as Lover Avenged and there are so-and-so number of pages and blah, blah, blah. If it is as poorly written and edited as Lover Unleashed then it doesn't matter what the page count is. (For full disclosure, I'm not reading the next BDB book as I can't believe she's hooking Tohr up with someone new so I'm pretty hostile towards the next book anyway lol!)
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:56 pm

For full disclosure, I'm not reading the next BDB book as I can't believe she's hooking Tohr up with someone new so I'm pretty hostile towards the next book anyway lol!

I'm leaning towards not reading it, too. Ward's been giving me bad vibes for a while now... and now dead-mate-walking Tohr is suddenly going to hook up again, with Xhex's mom, no less. Are they going to spit on Wellsie's grave while they're at it?

I'm sick of the Blay/Qhuinn whining, too. I had more maturity in my pinky at 18 than they do together at 27.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:32 am

I just reread KOS, I wish one of the deleted scenes was in there instead of that scene with Drew preparing to go to the falls in Chapter 45. That one does not contribute anything much to KOS overall in my opinion.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 am

Yeah, and instead of Sienna seeking Sascha's advice, why not Indigo's? True, Sascha is also a Psy mated to an alpha, but since when did she become an expert on relationships...considering Lucas was the only one she had? Mad

I only read the first book in BDB, for some reason, J.R Ward didn't click with me. ^^ I thought it was ok, but nothing for me to rave about or follow the series.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 am

JR Ward has gotten alot better.
In the beginning, she was horrible.

But her Fallen Angel books are pretty good.
Ok, they´re really good.

And why go to Sasha? Well, she´s not Hawkes Lieutenant for one and second, she´s Siennas emotional mentor.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am

Nina wrote:
For full disclosure, I'm not reading the next BDB book as I can't believe she's hooking Tohr up with someone new so I'm pretty hostile towards the next book anyway lol!

I'm leaning towards not reading it, too. Ward's been giving me bad vibes for a while now... and now dead-mate-walking Tohr is suddenly going to hook up again, with Xhex's mom, no less. Are they going to spit on Wellsie's grave while they're at it?

I'm sick of the Blay/Qhuinn whining, too. I had more maturity in my pinky at 18 than they do together at 27.

No kidding. I'm a huge Wellsie fan and always thought Ward would bring her back to Tohr . . . and the new woman is Xhex's mother (WTH?). Yuck. She's also dragged the Qhuinn/Blay stuff out too long but I think it's the most popular storyline in the series right now which is why she's dragging it out. They won't get their own book/novella until after this next one is out and that's just way too long in my mind.

Now back to KoS . . . I think Sienna went to Sascha because they are both Psy and Sascha understands alphas as she's mated to one. Indigo (for all that she's been a good friend/mentor to Sienna) is still most likely more loyal to Hawke as his lieutenant and they were childhood friends. Remember in PoP, Indigo tells Drew that in the kid circles when you wanted to get something done you went to Hawke (to lead the trouble) and Riley (to help clean up the mess after).
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 am

Perhaps I'll give Ward another shot. But right now, I'm still high on KoS. Couldn't even make myself finish my first Sherrilyn book, I keep on putting it down to go back to KoS. I'm beginning to think I have a few loose screws, yet at the same time, I'm exhilarated. It's been a long a while since I felt this strong about fictional characters, I was beginning to worry. lol

I still think Indigo is more suitable, unless, Sienna needed emotional...er, 'treatment'- for lack of a better word - as well. ^^;
Indigo knew Hawke better than Sascha, and not only that, she was also in a somewhat similar situation with Drew, understood Hawke's demons.

And, unless Sienna was asking about Hawke's painful past, the things he refuses to talk about, I don't think Indigo's loyalty was in any danger. They're packmates, unlike that time when Mercy was asking Riley about Hawke. And this is Sienna, Indigo knew Hawke wanted her, so giving the couple a helping hand wouldn't be a breach of trust. She has thought of threatening to break Hawke's arms herself if he hurt Sienna, said it to his face even. xD

But meh, the Sascha thing is done, nothing I can do about it but rant. Laughing

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down