The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrows

+10
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
Serena
trayletha
Bella171901
arne
Rageane
cheebee
Erika
tabitha
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Arrows - Page 2 Empty Re: The Arrows

Post by Serena Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Like your idea! What about an Anchor and an Arrow? Sophia was "just" a minor Anchor, I want to see a major Anchor. In a way, Anchors also protect the Net and the people so they would have something in common. And your protecting thing would also work well. Which female Anchor wouldn't want a hot Arrow for a bodyguard?

Same here about the thinking thing...gosh, when will Nalini announce the next book? I hope soon, the field is too open at the moment.
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Brr, I don't really like the Anchor thing, since I don't see any way to make it work out. Anchors are influenced by the Net, which means that as long as it stays Silent they are safer than without it (still not really safe). This'd put her Arrow into a fucked up situation. He wouldn't want to break with Silence at all, but would do a bit, because he loves her.. And her being an Anchor would give him another reason why Silence is oh-so-good.
They couldn't get out of the Net, even if there was a new Shadownet that accepted 100%-Psy (but there is none, unless I've missed something).
They couldn't hide, because he's an Arrow and Ming'd find him. The other Arrows might protect him because it seems like the thing they'd do, but still.. Dunno. It's too unsafe to make me like the idea xD But then again, that's just what NS does all the time (except for KoS): Taking something I don't like and puff, everything works out just fine.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 pm

I always wondered if it was Silence that makes anchors going insane. Sophia was getting better after breaking Silence, and Nalini deliberatly avoided my question about my theory ,so maybe ... I need to think about it.
The female arrow theory is also really cool, maybe even better.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 pm

My theory: Well, Silence is the reason why the DarkMind exists. The DarkMind is part of the Net, therefor influencing Anchors. BUT if everyone broke with silence the impact would be even worse, which is why an Arrow in love would fight against breaking Silence even harder, trying to protect his or her Anchor. Just thinking.. is it possible for an Arrow to be an Anchor?

Sophia became an Anchor because of this asshole. 'cause she was breaking. If, e.g., a child-soon-to-be-Arrow killed, lets say, his babybrother and sister, his parents.. whatever, well, that would do the same to him. But would he be allowed to be an Arrow then?

I think I need to read the book again, have to know what being an Anchor means.. Gr.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Vasic has been my favourite minor character right from the first time he is mentioned. He's hugely powerful, prized by Ming, a member of the rebellion and a tortured soul who I think is close to breaking the silence.

I can't believe he may not survive the first arc Sad Sad Sad I'd so love him to get his own story and would like him to have a HAE who heals him or one of the insane Arrows who is possibly an Anchor maybe?

I'm also very curious as to what has motivated him to be part of the rebellion.

Aden I imagine with Keisha Bale, the only non-arrow, an M-psy who works in the Arrow stronghold.

There was a time when I wondered if Vasic was the Ghost and also the person who saved Annie from the train crash or that he and Aden are hiding the person Kaleb is looking for.

Oddly I've never really thought Aden could be the Ghost, he seems to level headed...

I'd also like to know how Kaleb knows where the Arrow HQ is as Nalini said only another Arrow would know it's location and also why he never made it to be a fully fledged Arrow.

The only persons story I want to read more than Vasics would be Kalebs, that is assuming he is also the Ghost.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am

Same here. I would also like to know more about the Psy insurgence, this coin thing with Anthony and Zie Zen. It says there are ten coins, therefore ten people worhty of trust. I want to know what's going on there too. Who are the other eight people?
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Theories, Theories, Theories.

Just throwing random things arround.

Aden is an M-Psy, Sub-D Healer (How cool is that btw...)
primary ability TP , Sub-D unknown

Vasics ability has a pretty high chance to be useful in battlefield medicine as well.. just imagine teleporting blood back into the body...
... or teleporting a heart out of a body...yuck...
(anybody remembers this scene in HtP? where he sucks the blood out of the carpet and lets it hover in the air? Creepy)

The arrows have a bond similar to the blood bond of the changeling Alphas and their officers. (see Judd) Scratch that, Judds bond IS to Hawke. He just never saw it, because they were in different nets.

it´s hinted here and there that Vasics personality has been wiped by Jax treatment... but actually his silence is running very thin,IMHO.

And Aden is protecting him, and the other arrows who break.

Could Aden have a tertiary ability of empathy? It hasn´t been hinted, but the way he acts as the solid "emotional" rock of the arrow squad, it would be fitting.

And once I got all that sorted.. perhaps something will even come out of it.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 pm

I pretty much agree with everything you've said The Fluff.

Although I disagree that Vasic has use in battlefield medicine unless he were to learn to use his TK to heal in the same way Judd now does.
Currently he's used to clean up council messes by removing blood from walls etc.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Yes, but he can learn it.

Thats the hitch.. and it took me until today to figure it out.
That´s what he thinks of himself: He´s wiping out people, either by killing them or by erasing proof of their existence.

He doesn´t have an idea that it might be different, that his talents might have a different direction as well.
And it´s killing him.

The most stable of the arrows, the one at ease with his gifts, is Aden, the one that can heal.
In that scene, where he is saving Dorians life, there is such quiet confidence (and relaxed arrogance) in him , that we never saw with Judd in the beginning, when he still thought of him as a killer, or in Vasic whatsoever.
Judd has that now. The way, he helps Sascha, or how he pitches in, when someone is injured.

And he didn´t gain access to this side of his gift, because he was mated, quite the contrary. Because of healing Andrew, he allowed himself to think of himself as something more. But it was his shattering Silence that opened that path for him. Ok, so it WAS Brenna.

But he needed to get past Silence to figure out this one crucial point. To stray from the beaten path, you need creativity. You can´t have this with Silence and anything any of the arrows knows, is that they are killers, too dangerous to exist outside of a very controlled environment, that allows them only to kill.

Meh, tortured heros inc. I´m lost. *sigh*

Last edited by TheFLuff on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

I love 'em tortured souls.
I agree, those who have 'talent's for killing need something to balance their 'gifts'.
Sure, Brenna supports him all the way, and he was instrumental to her complete, psychological healing, but...seeing his abilities used for something good, like putting back the pieces of Drew's heart, I prefer to believe that was the 'push' Judd needed to break Silence, not because dissonance prevents him from intimacy with Brenna. lol. OK, so that's also a major part, but not all. Razz

Sienna too, trained to be a medic to balance her 'gift'. I'm not surprised that Aden is the most stable of the Arrows, considering that Walker has trained him, and his medic abilities. Vasic needs to see that his abilities can also be used for something good, not just killing.

This reminds me...that boy, William? the Tk-cell Judd is training in secret, I hope we'd hear more about him, he's like a wee Arrow, but without Silence. Smile
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:40 pm

A wee Arrow, William the Dart!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:A wee Arrow, William the Dart!
Laughing Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

Arrowling sounds...just wrong. So Dart it is. Laughing
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Darts, that's just plain cute.

For a group of miniature psychic death-bringers, that is.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Nina, LOL!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Willi the dart.... The poor kid.
But I have am feeling, he'll be quite important.
Somewhere Judd has to learn, how to deal with someone of his abilities without torturing him into Silence as a kid.
And Judd is the only one who can do that. Because frankly, he´s the only PSy with killer abilities, who´s broken Silence.... and survived.

On a side note... I tend to forget how freaking powerful Judd is. 9.6 TP and 9.9 TK is SCARY.

And Ming sent Aden to kill him... which makes you wonder, what exactly Adens TP does.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 am

Judd is freaking scary. I love him. Very Happy

But Sienna also has martial abilities, is a cardinal and broke Silence as soon as she met Hawke. So it's possible for those with killer abilities to break Silence and survive.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 am

Yes, but Siennas Silence was broken in a very unorderly way.
*g*

And the one who showed her how to disable the pain protocols, which to keep and which to get rid of was...

Yeah...

Her ability may have alot more distructive potential, but it´s actually not really controlled by silence, as Judds is, but actually needs to be NOT controlled and suppressed, but to be given free reign to be drained by Walker ^^

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 am

Very true. I forgot about Walker functioning as Sienna's safety valve. Judd is the one who needed Silence the most in order to control his abilities.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Dear Nalini, thank you for giving me a freaking HEART ATTACk with your Q&A...

Now I´m listening to Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory on loop again....Please, gods, don´t let it be him...

Anyways...

I have a very short Vasic/Aden theory, about their telepathic bond.
I´ve been rereading BoM btw... and I love how both of them, even there, have this weird style of conversation, where the finish each others sentences and thoughts.
It´s great to finally know WHY.

Nalini said in the Q&A, they are closer than brothers, like mental twins.
And after rereading HtP (see, what I´m doing ^^) I had this idea, that they are a mirror of the Net too.
Aden being the reflection of the Net Mind and Vasic of the Dark Mind.
She already said, that Vasic is pretty strongly influenced by the Dark Mind.. so it would only be logical.

Not, what does their connection mean in that light?
Do they have it BECAUSE of the split of the net, or are they influenced that way, because of their connection?

And I finally wanna know the why and how it came to be and what it really means and... everything...
Is it June yet?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm trying to recall something about Sophia, about how for a few instants the Net mind and Dark mind pass through her or something and is united for those brief instants.

There certainly is something about 'twins'. Like how Dorian wasn't surprised at Keenan and Noor's combined abilities because his mother has a twin...

And now, Aden and Vasic are mental twins...I find it plausible that if Vasic is indeed being influenced by the Dark Mind, Aden is of the Net Mind, and their connection is somewhat a reflection of the two minds trying to reunite.

Ack! It's hard to put into words!
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 pm

yeah... and we have someone else, who has a strong connection to both net Mind and Dark mind...

Kaleb and his "Twin" Cardinal abilities

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 am

oh yeah! Kaleb and his affinity with the two minds. And him being a dual cardinal...there must some connection. Twisted Evil
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 am

I´m rereading ToN right now... and I really wonder...

The Arrows in Venice and the Human Alliance...

I want to know, how Bowen and his people will impact them.
After all, there is a connection already

I just love how she is setting up all those little storylines, that you might as well just overlook at the first read...

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 am

All of your theories hurt my head. Oh God. The possibilities.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2