The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you noticed...?

+3
Ladyhawke
cheebee
degdelta
7 posters

Go down

Have you noticed...? Empty Have you noticed...?

Post by degdelta Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 am

One of the themes i have noticed through this series is that when the protagonist has an ironclad certainty in their mind of how something is supposed to be, that is exactly what comes crashing down. And the primary antagonist is key to that crash.

The best example is Judd - he was so sure that he was unable to be with Brenna for what he considered to be excellent reasons. Why i love his story so much was because of the subtle evolution of that surety into capitulation. By the end of the book he would have ripped off an arm rather than not be with her.

As to Hawke - he is so sure that his potential mate died and there cannot be another. So here is a female who is "wrong" on so many levels
- She's psy
- she's too young
- she's below him in the hierarchy
but she stays on his radar in a way that no other female ever has, and his need to deny her importance is a big indication that his certainty is under fire.

How is Nalini going to resolve this? That is one of the reasons we're all enraptured by her storytelling skills - she is making us wonder as well as care.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...?

Post by cheebee Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 am

Excellent point. I especially like that you brought out his need to deny her importance........I think he punished her harshly exactly to prove to himself and the pack that she is nothing but just another underling soldier who should no her place in the pack.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyhawke Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 pm

cheebee wrote:Excellent point. I especially like that you brought out his need to deny her importance........I think he punished her harshly exactly to prove to himself and the pack that she is nothing but just another underling soldier who should no her place in the pack.

Actually, I think her being an "underling soldier" had nothing to do with her punishment. He punished her b/c she was wrong for leaving her post to engage in a fight with another soldier.

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, but I think he was excessive in that punishment in an effort to remind himself and everyone else her place in the order of things. Just my opintion.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:44 am

cheebee wrote:Yes, but I think he was excessive in that punishment in an effort to remind himself and everyone else her place in the order of things. Just my opintion.

I think that its a good opinion and I wouldn't be surprised if this was in his mind somewhere.
He did say he was too lenient on her.
But don't forget he did think that he should give her a harsher punishment because she lost control, albeit of her temper and not her abilities. It is obvious he expects something more of her than the other soldiers. Well, it seemed obvious to me.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:55 am

Your right I think he does expect more of her. All at the same time he's making sure she knows to expect nothin from him, because he mistakenly beliefs he has nothing to give. Then he can't stand her relationship with Kit, and made sure to rub her nose it that fact. He knows she'd be better off and more stable at dark river but he made sure to point out to Lucas that he can't have her. What's that phrase dog in the manger? Anyway he has serious issues with Sienna and I think those issues are clouding his judgement.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 am

Like you mentioned it with Judd ...
and he was/is TOO a Psy. Think about Brenna, what Enrique done to her, and she got anyway together with him, so that Sienna is a Psy, is no point.
The hierachy thing is the same like with Sascha and Lucas.
Before they met, I'm really sure, Psy were the most less Point in their hierachy, they hated them so much ... but they got TOO together.
The only "real" point is the age thing.
He is old, and I think in Hawkes Book, she'll be over 21 so they don't have to be afraid of the Police (not that they would ever say anything to Hawke ... Laughing )
but Tamsyn and Nate got it together, he is... 9 or 10 years older than her and they are the Poster-couple ... Love them Rolling Eyes

And I think the age thing is not Problem number one, Sienna did not seem to me that she would act like a Teenager, except for the thing with Maria ... and when she's around Hawke.
I believe the X-Psy (whatever it is) IS problem number one.
But anyway I hope she's going to blew up something Twisted Evil
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by kooritsuki Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:50 pm

I just think both of them are going to hesitate at building a relationship. Hawke, because of the whole Psy, age and lost mate issue, and Sienna, because of the whole X-Psy issue. As far as I'm concerned, Hawke is just being stupid, and the X-Psy problem is the only real problem.

I sooo loved it when Lucas was like: yep, keep telling yourself that. That's exactly what Nate put himself through, and see where he ended up. Razz
kooritsuki
kooritsuki

http://romancenovelsreviews.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm

YES!
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum