The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real names

+16
SHELITA
monadh
Jane
Bella171901
whynot9
Daliah
Rageane
Schainize
arne
Serena
Louise
KTL
Nina
devilsworld
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real names - Page 2 Empty Re: Real names

Post by Daliah Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Mine is Julia...muuuch too common >.< Which is why I use the name of one of the characters I had in Last Chaos (an MMORPG for those who don't know it Wink)
I'm still new here but I hope we'll get along Very Happy
Daliah
Daliah

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

My real name is, well, depends on who's talking:

Doctor's office-Catherine
Father-Stinker (and I'm 43, grrr!)
Mother, most other family, and older friends-Cathi
Brother, newer friends and online-Cat

So on here, Cat works fine Wink (whynot9 was a username on something, I forget what now, and so I just used it for here too)

(and let's not get into why I have 4 different versions of a last name!)

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Finally someone with a last-name-problem! *yay-s around*
I'm not alone anymore! Very Happy

Oh and lets talk weird nicknames. lol

I got Erbse (pea), Strietzel (there is no translation for that, although it reminds me of Rumpelstilzchen..), Patrischa (in Germany my name is pronounced differently than in the English, so they use the English pronouncation as a nickname.. plus they all have this heavy accent xD It sounds soo stupid. D: //)

The worst thing that happened to me was my biology teacher calling my "Uschi" which rhymes with a word that can be translated into pussy. And he didn't stop. Good thing is, I always got straight A's. Also, he was my fav teacher, but still, it was kinda weird and imagine 25 sixteen yrs old.. Well, my real classmates were okay with it, the folks of this other class I attended where he was my teacher, too.. wasn't.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm

ohm, why did he call you USCHI??
My name is Linda. I think it's kinda men-name. don't know why I'm thinking like that.
Even worse if the norwegian version is L-eee-nn-ddaa-h.
Don't even ask about my last name. I just can't understand why my mother took the lastname of my father? Mmh, maybe because her lastname is likely worse. In every case I have to pronounce the last name and they still got no idea. I'm just glad my name is not Agnieszka. Like my bfs. I'm just saying: Agniefska or Agniesssssskaaaaaaaa. Like the snake from the Disney movie Mowgli. Poor her
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Well...
My name is Joana... which means Jane in english. Yeah, names in portuguese are a bit weird too... Smile
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Linda, I know your last name (from your email) and actually think it's an okay-one. Better than mine ;D

Jane, woaa, I love that name! Could be I'm pronouncing it wrong, though.

So.. Uschi. -sigh-
I had to prepare a presentation. You know the German education system, but if someone else is reading that: My school was pseudo-elite-ish. It's called a "Gymnasium", well, obviously we DON'T do some freaking kind of gymnastic or yoga there. It's just called that way and basically is a school that likes to push it's students. Wink
So, the guys in my class are actually quite clever, but I knew they wouldn't listen to anything if I just talked about this evolutiontheory-stuff I had to talk about. I needed some examples (I did other stuff, too, but it doesn't matter, so I leave it out.) Well, so I talked about giraffes (is that the right pl.-form?).

And I named them Uschi and Gabi.

My teacher was thrilled. (And I mean, he really was when almost everyone remembered the stuff I was talking about even three weeks later. rofl)

From that point on he was calling me Uschi, all the time. Even when our principal was standing next to us. (And THEN he said: "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't explain that. It's a secret betweet [class I attended] and me [teacher]." It was actually kinda nice, because he was much nicer to me and wasn't as strict (at least with me he wasn't) anymore. :> BUT it was emberrassing when I had to change my biology class and he called me Uschi in front of the new girlfriend of my former.. whatever he was. x.x

And well, the boys in THAT class weren't as mature as the ones of the former one. :/

So, now you know it. Haha.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Oh and Joana, we have some Beat-music: Joana du geile Sau, yo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7zajn95Uf4 rooofl

I think when I'm finished here, no one will think of us Germans as Nazis anymore, but as lunatics :'D
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 am

"I think when I'm finished here, no one will think of us Germans as Nazis anymore, but as lunatics :'D "

Sorry to burst your bubble Patricia, but I already know that...I have been to Germany several times and I work with people who married Germans, and I have to say...Although very polite, you are loonytoons!! I love that about you too! I love you
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by monadh Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 am

Monadh = Monika

monadh is Gaelic for moor/heath or mountain/hill. I chose it because it alliterates with my real name (which is pretty common) and because I like the sound of it. Though German is my first language, too (I have to say that all members of this forum I've read so far are very proficient in English, at least IMO), I'm half Swiss (obviously from the German speaking part of Switzerland) and half Hungarian...

monadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes we are absolutely ironic tomatoes. :=)
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Rageane wrote:"I think when I'm finished here, no one will think of us Germans as Nazis anymore, but as lunatics :'D "

Sorry to burst your bubble Patricia, but I already know that...I have been to Germany several times and I work with people who married Germans, and I have to say...Although very polite, you are loonytoons!! I love that about you too! I love you

Oh, there my dreams of being a disillusionists.... Sad ;p Well, maybe there was someone who didn't know it before.
I mean, I already ordered this catsuit..

But since when are Germans polite? o.o I've never met a polite German. *evil laugh*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 am

"But since when are Germans polite? o.o I've never met a polite German. *evil laugh*"

I think you have to be a visitor to the country to see them maybe?!? I always find polite Germans in Stuttgart, and Hiedelberg too.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 am

SHELITA= SHELITA Very Happy
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 pm

well, I´m new around here and my real name is, surprise, surprise, Elisabeth, I first wanted to name me Liz, but it didn´t work, so I took my real name, ´cause I love it Rolling Eyes
öhm, and I´m also from Germany Embarassed Laughing
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 am

TracyTheGleek wrote:Well, mine is Tracy, but that's probably pretty obvious to you.

I sort of freaked out when I first saw your username I was thinking 'what the hell?' Because my name is Tracy too and it's the exact same spelling. Every now and then I'll get people spelling it with the e or putting an i on the end, so annoying, lol.

I know this was an old thread but I think the idea is still current.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:23 pm

My real name is Roxanna, though no one ever actually calls me by my full name. Usually it's just 'Roxy', 'Rockie', 'Rox' or 'Li'l one' (cause I'm 5' nothing lol)
As you can see, my username isn't particularly creative......
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by ..::PCT::.. Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

My name is Alexander, but like with whynot9, ask 5 different people about my name and you geht 5 _really_ different answers. So.. Alex is fine Wink
..::PCT::..
..::PCT::..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum