The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucas

3 posters

Go down

Lucas Empty Lucas

Post by Ladyhawke Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi again Nalini! Thanks for doing this Q.A....I love having this chance to ask (and read) all these questions...

Anyways...I know that Lucas is Hunter-born...what exactly does that entail? I remember reading somewhere that there is a Hunter born in every pack, do they all have the markings on their faces? And is there a similar kind of designation in other packs (namely SD)? And now that Lucas and Sascha are having a child, will the child be a Hunter? What if the child's a girl...can it still be a Hunter?

Oh! And CBI was a my fave book (after StS--b/c it was the first book to introduce me to the series)...but now BbF is my fave. I can't stop reading it!

Anyways...thanks for answering!

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Lucas Empty Re: Lucas

Post by Nalini Singh Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Hunters are the ones who hunt rogues - the changelings who give in absolutely to their beasts. Something then drives them to attack their former packmates.

With cats, yes, the Hunters bear the markings on their faces.

SnowDancer does have a comparable status - I'm fairly certain this is held by Drew, but I need to double-check my files. It hasn't been mentioned, because it hasn't been important to the storyline as yet.

It seems to be a random occurrence, so Lucas and Sascha's child may or may not be a hunter. And yes, a girl can be a Hunter.

Smile

Nalini Singh
Author

Back to top Go down

Lucas Empty Rogues

Post by Lara Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:19 am

Hi Nalini,

how often does it happen that changelings go rogue? Can't be that often if there is only one hunter per pack!?
And are predatory changelings more often going rogue than the others?
When was the last time this happend in the DarkRiver and SnowDancer packs?
If one of the changelings is going rogue is there now way to bring them back?
Will we see a rogue and the hunt in one of the future books?

Thanks for answering all our questions!! Very Happy

Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalini Singh Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:15 pm

No, it doesn't happen often, and pretty much never in strong packs like DR & SD. But they must always be prepared in case it does.

Once a changeling goes completely rogue, there is no way to bring them back. Before that, while they still have some memory of their humanity, yes, there is a chance.

For more info, you'll have to wait for the books Smile

Nalini Singh
Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum