The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonds of Justice

+12
ConvertMePlease
kooritsuki
Rageane
SaraZ
Katherine
whynot9
degdelta
twixter_tea
Amira-Mao
tabitha
Erika
Mimi
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bonds of Justice Empty Bonds of Justice

Post by Mimi Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:48 am

Hi, everyone. I am new here. I have just finished reading Bonds of Justice. And need to talk about how cool the series is. Including the new book.
Max and Sophia - are a bit different from the other couples. I think. Sophia is in a hurry. She thinks she will die any day. That makes her very straightforward. I quite enjoyed that. She is inexperienced and not used to express feelings or desire, but she reacts admirably cool when Max teases her.
Max is a bit an enigma for me. He forgives so very much. He is so tolerant about Sophia killing people. Its Js Justice he says. All cops know about it.
There is something, that I try to get straight. On the one hand, Silence is supposed to ensure, Psy wont do violence. But since the beginning of the series it is quite widely known that Nikita killed to become a Councillor.
Does that go together?
Anyway. I have to read the book again, am always too quick the first time.
Man, I love these books!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Bonds of Justice Empty Re: Bonds of Justice

Post by Erika Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:45 am

I enjoyed the book as well, especially the parts with Kaleb, which is unusual for me. I have a feeling he is the Ghost. why? 1. in Blaze of Memory, when the council talked about the Arrows single rule, Kaleb reacted slightly 2. when the ghost heard the story the priest told Judd about the woman who jumped into the river, and Judd said if he didn't know she was dead for sure he could believe she was still alive, Kaleb said that was illogical, but Judd heard something in his tone. And now in Bonds of Justice, we found out Kaleb has been searching for someone for over 6 years even though he wasn't even sure if he/she was alive.
But back to your comment. U mentioned Nikita killing. Her murders were logical and methodical since they were necessary for her to become a councilor. She wasn't insane when she did it, and she is not a sociopath. This isn't the kind of violence they are referring to when talking about serial killers and such in the Net.
This book was very political, but it also had a strong hero and heroine. I'll be interested in seeing how involved they are in the coming books. ANd speaking of those, I super excited about Play of Passion. Also, I'm pretty sure the novella next month features Rina, which probably means Jon and his crush on her should be mentioned. Can't wait for that either. This series rocks!

Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 pm

I've just finished reading Bonds of Justice too Smile Sophia and Max are so perfect for each other.

The back story was far more interesting. Finding out about what Henry Scott has been doing with the Pure Psy, Anthony, Nikita and Kaleb forming an unlikely alliance splitting the council.

Learning about Sophia being an anchor and what this means and what she sees in the PsyNet was great.

Nikita standing there with a gun to her head to protect Sascha isn't something I'm likely to forget or her asking Kaleb to help Max save Sophia from Bonner.

It seems even her own employees feel she will protect those that are different just like she did with Sascha.
Sophia and Max both end up working for her too, she just asks Sophia to hide her impending marriage to Max. It all makes me wonder if she was ever fully 'Silenced'.

Kaleb seems willing to help Max and also kills Bonner because he is evil makes me think he isn't truly evil himself. He seems to believe that he is though, because of what Enrique made him witness and do, it makes me think that he really is the Ghost.

I got confused whether he was looking for the man who can't teleport and who also owns the ring or whether that was him referring to Enrique and he's looking for someone else entirely?

It seems Vasic and Aden want Kaleb on side with whatever the Arrows are planning in the future though....

I have a theory about all of this Very Happy

It was also great to see more of Tally and Clay and see how Clay has opened up since he mated Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Amira-Mao Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 pm

I have to say that I love Bonds of Justice. The way Max fight for Sophias love was such amazing. It was so exciting that I couldn't do anything but read further Very Happy
Especially the parts about Kaleb and the Council were very interessting. I can't believe it that the Coucil is parted into 2 groups. But on which side is Ming? On the Pure Psy side or Nikita's,Kaleb's and Anthony's side?
And there is still one more question I have after reading. Who is Kaleb looking for?Who's the person he wants to find? I hope there'll be some hints in Play of Passion
Amira-Mao
Amira-Mao

http://mothemonster.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:26 pm

The book was good, but not one of my favorites. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. BUT, the ending was AMAZING. The best best best parts in the book was when Sophie was kidnapped and Kaleb and Nikitia got involved. The whole mystery of Kaleb and his six year search really piqued my interest in him. I didn't really find him interesting...until now. Now, I think he may be my new fav. character...almost. Judd will always be my fav! Oh! And the whole Kit, Sienna & Hawke snippet was fantastic. I really hope its Hawke and Sienna...not Sienna and Kit.

And I had a feeling, that sooner or later the council was either going to break apart or split, and it did. I'm seriously hating on the Scotts. I find it so amazing how Nalini shows us each of the council members in the series. I mean at first we saw Nikitia, and then we met Kaleb and then we saw the evilness of Enrique and then Ming and now we saw the rotten soul of Henry Scott. Brillantly done. I wan't to see more on Kaleb and Tatiana. Especially the Scotts. I usually skipped the whole conversations between the council members in the other books, but in Bonds of Justice, it was pure EPIC-NESS.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 pm

I liked that Nalini kind of confirmed a Kit/Sienna/Hawke love triangle. I think she should be with Kit, they make a better couple, plus I have my own theory on what happened to Hawkes mate which this would fit in with Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:34 pm

*sigh* All I have been hearing so far...are theories. I'M DYING TO read the book! UGH! Bonds of Justice Kopfschuettel

But yeah ur so right, I'm glad shed confirmed the triangle! That made me squeal in joy. Bonds of Justice Icon_biggrin

Sienna and Kit would totally make a cute couple...but my heart goes boom-boom for Sienna and Hawke. YUM YUM. Bonds of Justice Icon_cool

BTW, but is your theory for Hawke's mate?
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Hmm, that she was one of the Forgotten who lived amoung the SnowDancers and she was taken by the Psy in the bloodshed 20 years ago and is presumed dead.
But she's really alive and being used in the PsyNet in some way (like a very strong anchor) and maybe is the part of the NetMind that speaks to Faith.
Or that maybe she is who Kaleb is looking for (in BOJ) or what he is protecting (he mentions he's protecting something/someone in one of the books).
I have more theories but I'm planning on writing my fanfiction on them.
The above would explain why Hawke knows so much about Psy and why he is attracted to Sienna but cannot give himself to her and also why he gave the Laurens sanctury in the first place.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:55 pm

But Sienna's 18. How could she have been in the bloodshed 20 years ago?

Ohhh, I like your theory on Kaleb. Maybe he is looking for Sienna. Wow, that would seriously make things much more interesting!
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Nope I meant Hawkes original mate was still alive not that it was somehow Sienna Very Happy

Kaleb and Sienna would be interesting...
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:59 pm

OH! Now I GET IT! My bad, I keep thinking of Hawke's mate as Sienna.

Sorry. lol

Hmmm...interesting theory. Makes sense though. GAH! Don't make me give up my dreams of Hawke&Sienna! Don't do it! *runs away*
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Kaleb is fairly young, i think. his age hasn't been mentioned (that i can remember) except to say that he is very young to be so powerful.

on various thoughts - Sienna being the focus of his search doesn't really make sense to me. there is no indication that Enrique had her on his radar. she was on Ming's, and i can't see him letting Enrique poach in that direction.

Sienna and Kit - she's an X-designee. he's an alpha in training, however, i can't see that he'd be strong enough fast enough to be able to deal with her in a timely fashion.

Sienna and Hawke - he's strong enough and reacts to her in just That way that says to me they are going to be the ones to watch.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:21 pm

degdelta wrote:

Sienna and Hawke - he's strong enough and reacts to her in just That way that says to me they are going to be the ones to watch.

Ahhh yes. *comes running back* They truly are so perfect for each other.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Kaleb was earmarked for Arrow training as was Sienna so it's possible they have met.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 am

tabitha wrote:Kaleb was earmarked for Arrow training as was Sienna so it's possible they have met.

Do you remember which book this is in? (I'm going through and marking places in all the books right now to try to figure all this out. Obsessed, who me?!) Although I have this idea that the person Kaleb is looking for relates somehow to the horrible stuff Enrique put him through.

Also, for whoever mentioned it, the novella in Burning Up is about RIA not RINA. Confusing to have two such similar names, but Ria is Lucas's administrative assistant, and Rina is the soldier. This is another novella set back in time, telling the story of how Ria (not the soldier!) met her mate, Emmett. (Emmett is mentioned in Bonds of Justice at one point as taking over for Clay on a stake-out or something like that.) I'm pretty sure Nalini said he was a Senior Soldier in one of the Q&A's, which is the level just below Sentinel.

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 am

Mentioned at the end of Blaze of Memories.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 am

Okay, I just loved this book, period. Max and Sophia are both such complex, likeable characters, and isn't it interesting that someone the DarkRiver Pack is friends with would go to work for Nikita? I know some of that had to do with Sophia, but still, it was pretty clear Max made up his own mind about it. I wonder what his relationship with the pack/Clay will be like now?

Also, is anyone else dying to find out what Ming is going try to do to get back at Katya for almost killing him? I'm just waiting for that other shoe to drop. (Maybe the Arrows are too busy with Kaleb to bother her. Maybe they'll stay that way!)

And, in Stroke of Enticement, (Zach and Annie's story), the Tk kid who teleports in and saves Annie when she's pinned under the train wreck...could it have been Kaleb? (I think I remember Nalini saying we'd find out who it was at some point, but I could be wrong about that.)

I really don't care who Hawke's mate is (as long as he and Sienna both get a HEA), but I'm glad Drew is Indigo's mate. He's like my brother (also named Andrew/Drew!)--playful and seemingly not all that serious, but under that is a tough, surprisingly strong man. And Indigo could use a little fun in her life!

Really, really off to read now! (and thanks, Katherine, for the where-is-it!) Bonds of Justice Icon_biggrin

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 am

I didn't find Max working for Nikita odd at all, there's a part of the book where she's trying to convince herself that she not trying to protect Sascha and her grandchild. It's obvious that she's not truly 'bad' or Silent.

I've just finished reading Stroke of Enticement and I have to say I loved the Zach and Annie pairing.

Well we only know about 3 Psy who can teleport, Kaleb, Vasic and Judd so it has to be one of them. I think it's Kaleb myself Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraZ Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

I think it's Kaleb because in Stroke of Enticement, Annie said the boy had Cardinal eyes and Vasic has grey eyes (Hostage to Pleasure).

SaraZ

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I forgot that Very Happy It means the boy who rescued Annie has to be Kaleb Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Could Annie be the person Kaleb is looking for?
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:52 pm

interesting thought, but why? it's not as if she's been hiding. also, i can't see how the white star is connected.

of course, we still don't have the connection with whoever it is and the white star.

that, of course is my opinion.

Denice

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 am

I don't think it can be Annie as he's only been searching for 6 years, the swan changeling was murdered so it's not her either. I don't think Sienna has been out out the net long enough for it to be her.
Which means it's a new character. Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 am

Whoever it is that Kaleb is looking for, he killed Bonner for her...which makes her a surviving victim of Enrique?!? It has possibility, not to mention that I think the white star indicates that it could also be a potential Cardinal that he is looking for too.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

Alright, so here's the next million dollar question: What does he want with her?
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next