The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikita!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Nikita!!!! Empty Nikita!!!!

Post by Katherine Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 pm

She was EPIC in this book. Absolutely EPIC. Silent to the max and yet human as well. The things she said and did....asking Krychek to save Sophia from Bonner, openly threatening to kill Scott, telling him to get Pure Psy out of San Fran because the city was under her protection....totally awsome!

I have always known that Nikita was a good person. ALWAYS. And I loved how she proved it in this book. But at the same time, I'm sad for her. Because she clearly loves her daughter but doesn't know it because she doesn't know what love is.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nikita!!!! Empty Re: Nikita!!!!

Post by whynot9 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 am

I was majorly psyched about how awesome Nikita was in this book too. I'm kind of wondering if she isn't a little like Ashaya, though.

Silence never really took with Ashaya, I know, but there was just something about Nikita's "perfect" Silence that made me think of Ashaya's "perfect" Silence. Ashaya's so warm-hearted that they're not really alike, i mean, she could never kill as cold bloodedly as Nikita can, but there's just something...

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

The E gene does run in Nikita's family AND unlike most Psy we have seen so far, Nikita does not have a strong secondary talent. Officially she is a major telepath and that's it. Nothing else. I think she may actually be a minor empath herself.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:02 am

my take on Nikita is that she is constantly telling herself what she is (Silent) and therefore, on the conscious level), that is how others see her. if you tell yourself something long enough you will even believe it, however, sometimes the subconscious is squeaking in the background 'i'm not dead yet!'

she can't allow herself to be anything else but cold and Silent to both herself and the rest of the psy world or she would be in deep doggy-doo, but i like think of her as being like Jupiter's moon Europa - beneath the icy crust volcanoes are probably raging, and the possibility of life is present.

i don't see her as 'good' - not when she herself admits to killing coldly for advancement. however, her supposed lack of caring for her daughter is now in question, and that makes us hope that she is not beyond redemption.

Denice

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I know no one has added to this in months, but I just found this place and I would love to continue talking about Nikita.

whynot9 wrote: Ashaya's so warm-hearted that they're not really alike, i mean, she could never kill as cold bloodedly as Nikita can, but there's just something...

Yes she has killed in cold blood, but do we know to the extent and who she has killed? Many of the changelings have killed to protect their land/territory and for vengeance as well.
She saved her daughter's life on many occasions, and in BoJ she expressed obvious concern for her daughters well being. Going to the extent that she would risk her own life (letting someone hold a gun to her) to make sure her daughter is alive and well.
She does seem rather cold (of course she would have to be, though) but there is something not very... Silent... about her.
I don't really think she could be a E-Psy, nor do I think she is like Ashaya or her daughter, where Silence never took hold. Maybe she is something in the middle?

And there has been something bothering me about Silence anyway. If the Psy never truly feel any emotion, then there would be no struggle of power. Many members on the council show signs of feeling ambition and greed for power.

At least that is my interpretation of it.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 am

Cadence wrote:
And there has been something bothering me about Silence anyway. If the Psy never truly feel any emotion, then there would be no struggle of power. Many members on the council show signs of feeling ambition and greed for power.

At least that is my interpretation of it.

You are correct in that they do use emotion as a guide to logical thinking...what they have done is programmed their minds to block the expression of emotion as a means to guide their thinking. The best way to give an example of what I mean is from Star Trek...The Vulcans base their lives on logic and not emotion...doesn't mean they don't feel, they just don't express any emotion so logic isn't clouded. I hope this helps...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down