The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrows

+10
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
Serena
trayletha
Bella171901
arne
Rageane
cheebee
Erika
tabitha
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Arrows Empty The Arrows

Post by tabitha Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 pm

So who do you think the new leader of the Arrows will be?

Aden the most stable of the Arrows?

Vasic the strongest of the Arrows? (it mentions that he doesn't want to lead them, I think this is because his silence is breaking)

Kaleb? We know that Aden & Vasic are in contact with him and it's hinted that he had Arrow training

Judd? He's no longer in the Net but cannot see his bond as a Snowdancer Lieutenant, Nalini hints she will disclose why. He was one of the strongest Arrows and is now even stronger as his TK ability has been stablised by his mating with Brenna, maybe he cannot see his bond to teh SnowDancers because he's still bonded to the Arrow Squad and will return to lead them when the Silence falls?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

The Arrows Empty Re: The Arrows

Post by Erika Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 pm

When did we find out he can't see the bond?

Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:18 pm

When Hawke blooded Judd he felt something snap into place psychically (sp?) but when he looked on the family web he didn't see anything.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I lve the Arrows but it's been stated repeatedly that their main goal is to protect silence. I wonder how far they'll go to fo that and how far they'll "stray" from the path of "good guys" before it's all over and silence falls.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

To be honest I don't think the majority of the arrows will stray too far off the path...They DO need silence to control their powers, otherwise they will most likely self destruct and take the rest of the society with them. They are not "Good Guys" or "Bad Guys" per se, what they are though is the purest form of a silent individual who can stay sane and balanced.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 am

In Play of passion at the end when Snow Dancer and Dark River meet Nikita and Anthony: Anthony told them all that a few Arrows work for Henry and his wife. I think that maybe the arrows will be divided like the council.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:12 am

I think they might divide, however we know Vasic and Aden are part of the rebellion and that that Aden is likely to be the Arrows next leader and that the Arrows first loyality is to each other.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 am

It´s possible but there is also the possibility that Kalbe will be the next Leader. If i interpret the game with the box and the location right.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 am

I mean Kaleb Kyrchek! Very Happy

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

In Kiss of Snow we should find out why Judd can not see the bond!

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeah, I think the Arrows have to play a role into the Councils "Eeeevil plans Twisted Evil" Rolling Eyes
Maybe they're going to split and stuff or someone else will lead them.
Anyway, if they're hot like Judd, I wanna have one for my birthday Rolling Eyes
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

The Arrows Empty What I can't figure out

Post by trayletha Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 am

is that if the whole purpose of the Arrows is to maintain Silence - even to the point where in BoM it stated that if Ming had had the Arrows killed to further Silence the other Arrows would continue to follow him. Why so many are helping the Changelings and the Psy who are breaking Silence?

trayletha

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 am

They FEEL conflicted?

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I don't know in which book, I think Judd's, the Psy Council mentioned that there were more Arrows that disappeared. Maybe one of them is the Ghost ... or Aden/Vasic.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 am

I think they said that one Arrow (Judd) and seven other soldiers disappeared from the Net and no bodies were found. I think it was Ming who stated this. I really wonder if the seven soldiers are dead or, maybe, maybe they managed to escape. Seven minds would be enough to form a Net.

I need to re-read CbI Very Happy
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:40 am

I think that the Arrows may change their point of view if, e.g. their actions don't help their actual purpose anymore. They protect Silence because it helped them/ because they didn't want to become massmurderers etc. They needed to controll themselves. This is why they do what the Council says (well mostly anyway). So everything that doesn't include silencing the Arrows/protecting the others/blablabla is 'bad'. And if things like that happen too often, they may just stand up against the Council. Of course, I don't see that happen really soon. I mean, they don't have anywhere to go.

I never understood why they didn't just kill themselves. I mean, they NEED something to live for, but they try to kill every feeling they've got. Basically that means that every single Arrow has a reason to live. A reason that is bigger than the fear of hurting someone.. Or I'm just hallucinating. I mean, I looove melodrama Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 am

As far as I have understood, protecting Silence is their way to protect their people and the Net. So I think as long as they think Silence protects the Psy from a far worse fate, they won't stand against it.
I don't think you are hallucinating. There must be something...at least when it comes to Vasic and Aden. Remember the scene in HtP with Dorian, Vasic and the dying girl?
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

Yes, I remember it. Vasic cleaned the crime-scene. But I think this was "just" his work.. It's like Sunshine in Katyas book. Or do you mean something else?

Yup, I really think they all have to feel something, care about someone. I mean, if you're Silent you don't feel and therefor don't really care. But they DO care. I think all the Psy care about something. So it's like they are Silent, but not 'really'. Not completely.. It's like they pretend, but don't know the others do pretend, too. Mhe. What I wanted to say was: If they care about the Net and their people, they feel. But they always thought of themselves as a thread.. So again: Why not suicide?

1st: They know how corrupt and evil the Council may get. That's been said before, I think. Not sure, though. = They know they are dangerous, but there are things even more dangerous OR they simply can't kill themselves.. (I mean mentally)
2nd: They love someone. They want to protect this person/make sure nothing "bad" happens to them. Ever.

Those two are to almost 100% true, right?

Man. I love those guys. Neutral
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Based on everything I've read so far in the series, I agree with both of you. They are protecting Silence because they think they have to have it or will kill others. However, those "protective" feelings mean they do have "some" feelings, just not obviously. It's the same thing w/ the Councilors & their need for power/ambition. That's also technically a "feeling," just not as obvious.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:03 am

Everyone needs something that keeps him/her going. That's what always made me wonder about Silence. If you really feel nothing, absolutely nothing, why would you -yeah, well- FEEL compelled to even get up in the morning?
But at the heart of Silence, at the core there is a feeling. Fear. Tatiana Rika-Smythe said once, that it's fear that makes the psy stick to Silence. They are afraid of their own powers. And of course the lack of trust. If you can't even trust your brother or sister to not rat you to the Council when you're "flawed", it's hard to build a insurgence. So Silence is also a very convenient political tool.
So maybe some "feelings" are to primal to wipe out, or they simply are needed in order to be a functional individual.
I always wonder how Silent people can invent something new, because therefore you need some creativity.

As for the Arrows: Ming stated they live for the Squad. Nobody is left behind. That's a feeling in some kind, don't you think? They care for each other. Ming betrayed them, when he ordered them to take Jax. Since then, the numbers of Arrows were decreasing. The Arrows decided to not longer take orders from Ming because they FEEL betrayed.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 am

Yup, exactly!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am

I so hope that Vasic and Aden get their own book. Nalini said in her last Q&A in 2010 that if Vasic survived the first arc, there may be a book for him in the second......I really hope there is one....there has to be one...
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am

But I really hope they will be different. I just reread the series and have to admit that, though Nalinis books are awesome, her characters are quite alike.. Some parts I understand and approve. Others.. well, I'd like to read something 'fresh'. All new and shiny. Wink
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 am

A psy/psy pairing would be fresh and shiny. I'd like to see that because that certainly would be different. To be honest I can't picture Vasic or Aden with a human or changeling. There have to be female Arrows too...that would be something...
Gosh, I'm dying to know more about the Arrows!
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Ooooh that'd be SO DAMN AWESOME.

I think, a humanxPsy-couple would do just fine, too. It would add something.. Human vulnarablity and all that. I think I want to see the Arrows feeling sorrow, anger, pure hatred because someone tries to kill or hurt the women they love. AND I want them to be .. not that possessive as the other men were. I mean.. they saw so much, saw all the things that can happen, I know. But I just don't want to see this fucking possessiveness anymore. It was cute the first two books, then sometimes for like 3 pages it was cute again, mostly it was quite okay. But at other times it freaaaaaked me out.

Oh a female Arrow, that'd be so awesome! *_* All the possibilities.. Awwwr! I mean, if lets say Aden loved that girl he wouldn't want her to be an Arrow, but he has to know that it's the only way to keep her sane/safe/whatever. Drama, drama! I love it. If he was something like her .. dunno, mentor? Just a few years older but higher in his rank, might have been out of training when she was still in the middle of it, he could've kept an eye on her to see if she was doing fine. He might cover for her or something.

Jeez, now I'm going to think about that for the next 3 days at least.

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next