The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangels Consort Discussion Thread

+3
Rageane
sephora
tabitha
7 posters

Go down

Archangels Consort Discussion Thread Empty Archangels Consort Discussion Thread

Post by tabitha Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 am

My copy arrived from the US this morning will start reading it tonight. YAY!

I thought it would be a good idea to have a general review/discussion thread Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Archangels Consort Discussion Thread Empty Re: Archangels Consort Discussion Thread

Post by tabitha Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:11 pm

I loved this book although the plot wasn't as fast paced and actioned packed as I've come to expect from Nalini's Psy-changeling series.

Nalini has gone some way to answer her readers queries regarding the members of Raphael's Seven's past giving just enough information to leave us gagging for more Very Happy

There was the introduction of several strong new female characters, several beloved Guild Hunter, angel and vampire characters also feature in this book which I was pleased to see.

The book focuses on the envolution of Raphael and Elena's relationship and we learn how similar the two really are.

Nalini explores what love, justice, loyality and trust mean to each of the three races and we see the Seven begin to mellow towards Elena as they all support Raphael.

Nalini's world is both complex and extrordinary as are her supporting cast, I can't wait for the next book
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Archangels Consort Discussion Thread Empty Re: Archangels Consort Discussion Thread

Post by sephora Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:50 am

Oh yeaaa!
I was waiting and waiting for a DT..

Ok so, I love the Psy-Changeling world and i love the GH series.
And each has it's own special place in my heart....

First the not-so-good:

Archangle's consort, for some strange reason, felt like it was a middle chapter in a book.

Stuff was happening, but when it ended,i was kinda left going...uhhh.. That's it?!

Now The-Very-Very-Good:

The bond between Raphael and Elena gets stronger and more balanced.
There is more details on the Seven, always a plus..
More development on Elena's family front, something i was hoping would come up..
New characters, which leads to more potential books/pairings..
and of course ...Lots of Luuvvvin between the Archangel and his consort.. mmm mmm!

All in all, i'm rather curious to see how much of Raph/Elli we will see in the coming books since , they have way too much going on with them to stop at just 3 books, and still have the focus be on the main pairing of the book..

600 pages perhaps? lol
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 am

Sephora, you are right that it felt like a chapter in the middle of a bigger story...because IT IS a bigger story! In a story frame work like this, each individual book a small chapter of the ongoing life of the characters and the environment in which they live...I love these kinds of worlds because you don't feel rushed with the development of the characters, you get to savor every little facet of their individuality that much more! But I haven't seen any new characters other than Caliane and Elena's little sisters...everyone else has been seen before?!? Or did I miss something?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I agree that it felt like a chapter in a much bigger story, which overall I didn't mind. I especially loved the second half of it. The only thing I wanted more of was with Caliane, as that was all pretty much left hanging. I know it'll be addressed in the future, but dang it, I want to know if she's still crazy, lol! I think she's recovered/healthy again and that Lijuan/possibly Neha will remain the "big baddies" in future books (and Caliane will help Raphael and eventually accept Elena...and if she's not healthy, maybe Raphael's healing powers can help her). I'm even more curious about all of the Seven now too and hope they all get books/novellas.

Regeane,
I don't think you missed anyone. There's a lot of future male leads in this series, thus far, but not many female leads. I doubt she will age Elena's sisters all that much in the series, but that would be potentially neat if she did. I'm pretty sure Dmitri's HEA wasn't introduced in it either.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

No she wasn't Nalini has already stated that his HEA hasn't been met yet in the books. I have noticed that all of the seven have been effected by meeting Ellie though. Odhan has definitely made changes from being around her, I can't wait to see how his moving to New York effects him that much more...she can actually help him heal in the long run.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleTeam Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I definitely liked the book, though the structure was definitely different than I expected. I suppose if the series had only been a trilogy, there would have been more of a definitive "final battle".

I'm super happy though that we got to see more of Venom. I don't know why, but the fact that he highly skilled in helicopter flying makes him seem even more attractive.

TripleTeam

Back to top Go down

Archangels Consort Discussion Thread Empty Help me understand a scene

Post by angelh Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 am

I tried to make Archangel's consort last, because I just didn't want it to end. However I do have a question that I hope someone can answer, its been bugging me. There was a scene with Elena, Illium, Raphael and Hummingbird. Where Hummingbird first meet Elena and calls Illium her 'baby' but Raphael her 'boy'. Raphael sys I knew you'd come to see me before the 7th day and then Elena discovered something about Sharine. And Illium say 'I know..' then Elena says ' All that matters is that she loves you and she loves Raphael'
- What is that scene all about????? Question

angelh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 am

Hummingbird is the angel equivalent of a mental handicapped human...she is not violent in her age, but she has been affected by it in other ways.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleTeam Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am

I kind of wish that instead of a Hummingbird scene, we had finally had a conversation between Elena and Hannah . We got teased that it would happen, and then nothing. Sad

TripleTeam

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 pm

TripleTeam wrote:I kind of wish that instead of a Hummingbird scene, we had finally had a conversation between Elena and Hannah . We got teased that it would happen, and then nothing. Sad

While I'm glad we got the Hummingbird scene, I was looking forward to Hannah as well. There's a lot of conversations I'm looking forward to in the future (ie, more with Caliane and Jeffrey as well).
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Jo Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:06 pm

I just finished Archangel's Consort last night and LOVED it! However, I agree that it didn't feel "finished". I know that the next book is Dimitri's, but will Nalini do anymore books about Elena and Raphael? I'm sure they will make appearances in the other characters' books, but I want to see there actual HEA. AND, I really want to see Raphael finally accompany Elena to her friend's house :-) \

(Forgive me if this has been asked and answered...I've been out of the loop.)
Darcy Jo
Darcy Jo

http://www.darcycarlile.pureromance.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:26 pm

she said she'll be returning to elena and raphael in the future. Smile
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down