The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOS Review

+7
twixter_tea
Bella171901
kitarad
Katherine
TracyTheOncer
Ladyhawke
cheebee
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KOS Review Empty KOS Review

Post by cheebee Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:30 pm

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/150084753

Can I post the text of this review? If not someone please remove it.

* spoiler alert ** I'll post my full review closer to release date - but a few thoughts:

In my opinion, Nalini Singh writes awesome shifters - and she brings it with Hawke. The sexual tension in this book is off the wall. There are few moments with Hawke that literally made me melt into a puddle of goo. He is SO SEXY!!! And Alpha!! I don't think you will be disappointed with him. I love him...hard.

I liked Sienna okay - at first she decides to pursue him, uncaring that he is alpha or the one in charge. I liked that about her. But once he decides to give in, she is has this moment where she realizes the kind of man she has just initiated something with. From here - there are A LOT of "almost scenes" - Hawke and Sienna almost kiss, almost embrace, almost get physical - but then Hawke's phone rings, or Psy attack, or someone interrupts them. By 3/4 into the book, I was SO tired of this. Don't get me wrong - like I said, the tension is great - but I wanted progression. It became a little distracting/frustrating.

But on the otherhand Sienna is a 19 year old virgin - paired with the alpha. So...by the end of the book, I was very satisfied with their relationship. Hawke is definitely one of my favorite shifters!!!!

Besides the romance, Sienna has to deal with her X-Psy status....no other X-Psy has lives past their mid-twenties. I think the Psy stuff in this one is better than in previous books. I have felt in the past that the Psy war is not progressing enough - we definitely get more from that side in this one - I still feel like there is something missing from that part of the story. We also learn a lot more about the Ghost.

Walker, Sienna's uncle has a really nice supporting romance in this one.

We get a lot from Judd, and Lucas and Sascha.

Overall, a very nice addition to this series. I was greatly anticipating this book - and I am happy with the result Smile
like Loading 7 likes
flag

graph
reading progress
02/23 page 243
80.0% "Wow...sexual tension galore in this one. We are being teased! (btw..bk I have has 416 pgs, not 304.)" 2 comments
02/23 page 64
21.0% ""Don't push me, little girl." Quiet, quiet words." 2 comments

cheebee

Back to top Go down

KOS Review Empty Re: KOS Review

Post by Ladyhawke Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 am

I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of KOS yesterday, and have been reading it compulsively ever since. I'll post a review about it when I finish it. (I'm gonna have to read it twice because it's just that awesome, LOL)

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Ladyhawke,
What's Sienna like in it, personality-wise?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

This was supposed to be the final book of the first arc...I thought the war was supposed to be fought, if not won, in this one....

Any news about Lucas and Sascha?
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:08 am

I am actually quite worried that Nalini might make him a little mean to her. That she will be forced to control herself from lashing out and seeming immature while he gets to bully her.

He treats her like a kid . Even more so when he feels his wolf want her . I guess it is a defensive mechanism but I don't like that kind of relationships.I sincerely hope they are equals that he respects her not to do that. This is why I worry about the age thing not the numbers but how imbalanced those types of relationships are. Age always tend to feel they are in some ways better equipped to dictate terms. She has the added disadvantage of her powers and the need to control them by not losing her temper.

kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyhawke Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 am

What's Sienna like in it, personality-wise?

She's actually really funny...she can be playful and she's quick with the comebacks. She cares really deeply for her family, her friends and Hawke. She's also serious when she needs to be, and she can more than hold her own against Hawke...which is a lot of fun and amusing to read about.

This was supposed to be the final book of the first arc...I thought the war was supposed to be fought, if not won, in this one....

There's definitely a throwdown...

Any news about Lucas and Sascha?

There's plenty of news there Wink

Both Lucas ans Sascha play significant roles in getting Hawke and Sienna to understand each other.

I am actually quite worried that Nalini might make him a little mean to her. That she will be forced to control herself from lashing out and seeming immature while he gets to bully her.

He treats her like a kid . Even more so when he feels his wolf want her . I guess it is a defensive mechanism but I don't like that kind of relationships.I sincerely hope they are equals that he respects her not to do that. This is why I worry about the age thing not the numbers but how imbalanced those types of relationships are. Age always tend to feel they are in some ways better equipped to dictate terms. She has the added disadvantage of her powers and the need to control them by not losing her temper.

Okay...I can't give too much away here to allay your fears since Sienna and Hawke coming to understand each other is the main crux of the book, and I promised Nalini that I wouldn't get into spoilery specifics this far from the release date.

I can tell you that Sienna can more than hold her own against Hawke's personality, powers not withstanding. When you find out what her powers actually are, and how she controls them...her "not losing her temper" isn't really an issue. She loses her temper...LOL.

I don't think Hawke's mean to her at all...he's alpha...and he acts alpha.

Uh...and trust me...in KOS...Hawke learns not to treat Sienna as a kid pretty early on in the book...and it's not an issue. He has some interesting conversations with other members of the pack on that issue...and is he protective of her? HELL yes, LOL. But does he treat he like a kid? No.

Like I said before, Sienna can more than hold her own against the force of Hawke's personality...it's kind of like what Sascha said about Lucas in StS...he may be alpha...but she's cardinal. And an X at that.

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:00 am

That is wonderful thank you for allaying my fears.

Last edited by kitarad on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 am

"She's actually really funny...she can be playful and she's quick with the comebacks. She cares really deeply for her family, her friends and Hawke. She's also serious when she needs to be, and she can more than hold her own against Hawke...which is a lot of fun and amusing to read about."

We haven't seen her be funny yet! Now I'm really intrigued. =) I'm liking her description.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 pm

I know, you won't tell me what the mysterious "X" abillity is. But can anyone tell me; Is it really that mysterious or something obviously? Does the ability even starts with X or do I have to look in my Mathbook?
Whats with Sascha and Lucas? Are we finally going to "see" their Baby??
And where did all of you get their books from? Seems like EVERYONE has it.
I'm so jealous Rolling Eyes
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:30 pm

kitarad wrote:That is wonderful thank you allaying my fears.

Yes that makes me feel better too.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Bella171901 wrote:I know, you won't tell me what the mysterious "X" abillity is. But can anyone tell me; Is it really that mysterious or something obviously? Does the ability even starts with X or do I have to look in my Mathbook?
Whats with Sascha and Lucas? Are we finally going to "see" their Baby??
And where did all of you get their books from? Seems like EVERYONE has it.
I'm so jealous Rolling Eyes

I think Nalini selects people at random (or near random) from those who respond to her polls and questions on her facebook page and on Goodreads.

I don't have an ARC of KoS but I did get an ARC of Archangel's Consort.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyhawke Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

KOS Review Empty KOS Review

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:03 pm

I could never understand why people think of spoilerish information as sth that ruins your enjoyment while reading later. As far as I`m concerned, the more the better.
But back to the KoS, I hope that Lucas pays Hawke back for each and every one of his `Sascha darling` comments Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Jelena wrote:I could never understand why people think of spoilerish information as sth that ruins your enjoyment while reading later. As far as I`m concerned, the more the better.
But back to the KoS, I hope that Lucas pays Hawke back for each and every one of his `Sascha darling` comments Twisted Evil

I hope Lucas does too! I'll be laughing so hard. Smile

And Ladyhawke, your review was awesome!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Well what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to know is this: boy or girl!

Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Wow that review was professional while it gave you a lot of substance it was not spoilerish. Very well written too no wonder Nalini picked you.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 pm

God, I hope I win that KOS contest. I mean the chance is probably one in a million but Im seriously suffering from KOS spoiler/excerpt withdrawl. If i have to wait 80 days...im going to scream!

=/
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:43 pm

twixter_tea wrote:God, I hope I win that KOS contest. I mean the chance is probably one in a million but Im seriously suffering from KOS spoiler/excerpt withdrawl. If i have to wait 80 days...im going to scream!

=/

I feel your pain. It's going to be a LONG 85 days, 3 hours, and 15 minutes otherwise....
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 pm

*NODS HEAD* YEP. YEP. But I'm managing my 85 days, 3 hours and 13 minutes by spoiling myself with spoilers from goodreads. DAMN my curiousity! UGH!
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 pm

twixter_tea wrote:*NODS HEAD* YEP. YEP. But I'm managing my 85 days, 3 hours and 13 minutes by spoiling myself with spoilers from goodreads. DAMN my curiousity! UGH!

I've been doing the same. I don't really regret it because I couldn't last otherwise. ;-) I just want more spoilers, ect!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm

*bursts in laughter* I agree. I keep re-reading and re-reading and hoping and PRAYING i win that contest. It just seems like every day is just being dragged out...

I've been waiting too long for this book! I even tried to re-read some other romance novels but nothing seems to compare to nalini's books. NOTHING.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Yup, yup. I wish I could read it now because I have to "survive" so much stuff before May 31st. I suppose it'll be my "reward" if I have to wait, but I rather have my "cake first," then go through misery. ;-)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm

LMAO. I need it in my hands as well. I can just imagine myself building a tent on my bed made of pillows and blankets, turn off my cellphone and laptop, grab a bag of chips and just read Kiss of Snow over and over again until I'm done. Or until the next novel shows up. XD
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyhawke Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Katherine wrote:Well what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to know is this: boy or girl!

Wink

Cool

The book is sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait! I had taken the release date off from work, and the next day, so that I could read the book without interruptions. What's even more hilarious is that I had just text my best friend the night before throwing a tantrum about how I couldn't wait for KOS to come out...and then I found out I was getting an ARC. Hee!

...and now I'm obsessed with it.

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Ladyhawke wrote:
Katherine wrote:Well what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to know is this: boy or girl!

Wink

Cool

The book is sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait! I had taken the release date off from work, and the next day, so that I could read the book without interruptions. What's even more hilarious is that I had just text my best friend the night before throwing a tantrum about how I couldn't wait for KOS to come out...and then I found out I was getting an ARC. Hee!

...and now I'm obsessed with it.

Hey Pilar,
Are there flashback scenes? Like of when they first met? And of what exactly was going on in those other scenes in the previous books that were never exactly explained. I would think/hope there would be....
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next