The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+42
Scotch
mj
Elaine
Grainne
BlueQueen
whynot9
monadh
nols
gaby2292
catikins
Paula Patience
Daliah
Rageane
Lisa
Schainize
devilsworld
schokoladenliebhaber
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
cheebee
erena1101
Sarah18
tabitha
Bella171901
KittyKat
Louise
Serena
silverdezz
KTL
kitarad
FashionSparkles
CK90
cdnreader
Zory
degdelta
evedallas
Jane
twixter_tea
CASTLES04
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
46 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 38 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue May 10, 2011 5:20 pm

I was able to read KOS this weekend & absolutely loved both Hawke and Sienna. There's several really cute (and hot) scenes in this book. The scene Patricia described was one of my favorites too.

Here's another (hot) quote:

Spoiler:
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I was able to read KOS this weekend & absolutely loved both Hawke and Sienna. There's several really cute (and hot) scenes in this book. The scene Patricia described was one of my favorites too.

Here's another (hot) quote:

Spoiler:

Wow, I log on and find this! Thanks again, TracyTheGleek! Must savor quote before reading the previous posts. mmmmm mmmmm
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Tue May 10, 2011 6:35 pm

How I wish there was an emoticon for slurping because I'm totally lapping up all this KoS goodness. Merci beaucoup, Tracy!

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue May 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Patricia wrote:My Sushi-caused* good mood forces me to tell you what one of my favorite moments in the book was. Very Happy (Unfortunately no quote)

Spoiler:

*if that makes sense oô

Oh, that's really sweet. So normal, which is what leaders and soldiers fight for to give to the people they protect.

Thank you, Patricia
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Tracy, how did you get KoS? *happy for you* Smile
And I like that quote Very Happy

Elaine, yes! =)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue May 10, 2011 10:12 pm

KTL, check your message box again. Smile
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

Tracy, THAT was an awesome spoiler, thank you so much!!! Grrr!! cat
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionSparkles Wed May 11, 2011 11:02 am

Ahhhh those were some awesome spoilers! *gives each and everyone of you a virtual hug* because it made me feel better!

+++++++

Patricia you HAVE To forgive Hawke, I mean come one *puupy eyes* doesn't he just melt your heart with that last quote/scene that you posted, p.s sorry correction *puupy/wolfy/Hawke eye* Razz

+ random thought, yesterday I was listening to kings of leon use somebody and it strangely reminded of hawke and sienna, does this happen to any of you? Do you sometimes connect certain characters with certain songs....or is it just me being obssessseeeeeeddd. probably the second one loool.

+ i know this is completely off topic but do any of you have a goodreads account?!? I already added Patricia a long time ago...and she is like my only friend there :/ Very Happy Very Happy sooooo if any of you have an account just add me so i can keep in touch with you guys Smile *hugs*
FashionSparkles
FashionSparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Wed May 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Don't know if you've seen this review that I just stumbled across, oh yes, I was just hum de hum browsing through book reviews and found this one. I wasn't feverishly looking for any new reference to KOS or anything.........honest!

http://www.lurvalamode.com/2011/05/03/arc-review-kiss-of-snow/
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueQueen Wed May 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Ooooh. Spoilers! <3

I have a question for ARC readers, in the previous books we see that Hawke flirts with Sacha to piss her mate off. I was wondering if they get back at Hawke in KOS now that he has found his own mate?
BlueQueen
BlueQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi, I'm new here. But, I've read every single page of this topic, so I don't think I'm repeating anything. I found a quote and a new review.

The review is by Heather Sands and it's at
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/167117074
Spoiler:

The snippet is at http://thebookbinge.com/2010/11/exclusive-excerpt-snippet-kiss-of-snow.html
Spoiler:

mj

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 am

Hi gals just thought I would let those of u in the uk know that KOS is now available on the kindle store for pre order and it will download on 2nd June 2011 cost is £6.99 so good news for those of us that want it in ebook format sunny have a great day all Exclamation

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 am

Magazine Extras from from http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily-blog/magazine-extras-nalini-singh-psychangeling-series-giveaway

Spoiler:

love the Brenna's spoiler!!!
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Thu May 12, 2011 7:25 am

Elaine wrote:Magazine Extras from from http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily-blog/magazine-extras-nalini-singh-psychangeling-series-giveaway

Spoiler:

love the Brenna's spoiler!!!

I love that tidbit, too. Such a long wait till the book even though we're at 18-19 days. bounce

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 11:52 am

MissRia wrote:Hi gals just thought I would let those of u in the uk know that KOS is now available on the kindle store for pre order and it will download on 2nd June 2011 cost is £6.99 so good news for those of us that want it in ebook format sunny have a great day all Exclamation

Miss Ria, thank you for that - because of your tip I have just persuaded my partner that I NEED a kindle and have just ordered one and pre-ordered KOS. I used to be a bookworm, will I now be a kindleworm??? Very Happy (18 days)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Hey Catkins you won't regret it I adore my kindle, even more now I can get KOS on it. last year I donated the majority of my paperbacks to charity over 1000 cause I was able to get all my faves on kindle and Now I have a shoe cupboard instead of a book cupboard so both my loves can be indulged yay!!!!!! I am rereading guild hunter series on my kindle and then I'm gonna rereading psy/changeling books and have a nalini marathon over the next 18 days the best thing is you have all your books wherever you go and it fits in your handbag!!! sunny

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 12:51 pm

MissRia wrote:Hey Catkins you won't regret it I adore my kindle, even more now I can get KOS on it. last year I donated the majority of my paperbacks to charity over 1000 cause I was able to get all my faves on kindle and Now I have a shoe cupboard instead of a book cupboard so both my loves can be indulged yay!!!!!! I am rereading guild hunter series on my kindle and then I'm gonna rereading psy/changeling books and have a nalini marathon over the next 18 days the best thing is you have all your books wherever you go and it fits in your handbag!!! sunny

But HOW does it happen, I order from amazon and then it magically appears on my kindle on June 2nd??? I suppose when it comes I register it to my amazon account or something??? Or do fairies just sort it all out and I wake up on June 2nd to my kindle saying 'cat, cmon, kos is here, wakey wakey'! lol confused
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Just been on NS's FB page, she has alluded to another excerpt perhaps being posted before the release date Very Happy I also added a request so finger's crossed! study
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Thu May 12, 2011 1:25 pm

If you ordered your kindle from your amazon account it is pre registered to your account you just plug in and go it takes 30 seconds for a book to download To be honest because the download is so quick I don't bother Preordering anymore unless I know I am going to away with no access to a wifi network which to be honest is rare these days With Lover Unleashed I just ordered it on the morning of release as soon as I woke up and it was there just like magic!!! Shopping in the kindle store is so easy it soon becomes an expensive habit I have had to set myself a monthly budget now but there are loads of classics you can download for free your gonna love it plus you can sync your kindle account to you iPhone,iPad,laptop or android phone so you have access to all the books on your kindle sometimes at work when I really can not be bothered I sneakily read a book on my iPhone it's great!! although it helps that I have my own office I suppose lol Exclamation I am really excited your gonna have the kindle we can be kindle buddies study lol!

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu May 12, 2011 1:37 pm

MissRia wrote:If you ordered your kindle from your amazon account it is pre registered to your account you just plug in and go it takes 30 seconds for a book to download To be honest because the download is so quick I don't bother Preordering anymore unless I know I am going to away with no access to a wifi network which to be honest is rare these days With Lover Unleashed I just ordered it on the morning of release as soon as I woke up and it was there just like magic!!! Shopping in the kindle store is so easy it soon becomes an expensive habit I have had to set myself a monthly budget now but there are loads of classics you can download for free your gonna love it plus you can sync your kindle account to you iPhone,iPad,laptop or android phone so you have access to all the books on your kindle sometimes at work when I really can not be bothered I sneakily read a book on my iPhone it's great!! although it helps that I have my own office I suppose lol Exclamation I am really excited your gonna have the kindle we can be kindle buddies study lol!

Yay, kindle buddies - I like that.

cheers Lover unleashed - was that the last one??? Read about 20 pages and then couldn't stand the weird payne speak anymore so have given up. I'm currently on the new Sookie Stakhouse book - it's just hotting up!! Smile I am also supposed to be working and am in my office not working at the moment!!! LOL. I have been in here 3hrs, and about an hour of that was very productive work, the other 3 - meh!! Laughing
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Thu May 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes wasn't too impressed with LU myself but I persevered and finished it hopefully the next one will be better other wise the warden is off my list to buy immediately everyone has off days she must have had a lot though to write LU it was really bad a waste of £5 if you ask me. I finished the new Skokie stackhouse yesterday let me know what you think when you finish. Well at least you had one productive hour and as they say there is always tomorrow!!!! flower

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

I re-read Play of Passion and the Chapter 1 excerpt from Kiss of Snow. In Play of Passion, it says that Hawke hadn’t touched Sienna in any way in over a year. Then when he touches her, she says, don’t touch me (page 31). In Kiss of Snow, Chapter 1, Hawke doesn’t hesitate in touching Sienna’s face and she doesn’t tell him to stop it. So, I’m finding the two scenes to be contradictory (as in, “no don’t touch me” and “yes touch me”). Does anyone else see it as a contradiction?

Also, I found another review at: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/05/12/review-kiss-of-snow-by-nalini-singh/

Spoiler:

mj

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Sat May 14, 2011 12:19 am

Thank you MJ - loved that review.

Re: H touching S contradiction - It is a bit of a contradiction however I think that the context in which the touching is taking place is the key here. In C1 KOS he is touching her as her commander and she is clearly a sub-ordinate however their chemistry is obviously heating up!!! YAY 17 days!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy xxx
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 am

I've been lurking for weeks, checking every day in hopes of finding yet another spoiler. Thanks to all who have shared spoilers here! I cannot wait to read KOS.

I finally registered to respond to MJ's post re the H and S apparent touching contradiction. Smile I agree with catikins that the context in which the touching is taking place is key. I also just finished re-reading Play of Passion, and here is that later scene after Drew was shot (pp. 305-06) where Sienna shows up and voluntarily touches Hawke's back, seemingly to seek reassurance/comfort.

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 am

Hello Scotch!! cheers
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down