The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEORY ABOUT KALEB

+12
Maharet
Sarah18
Taibhse
Scotch
cerealkiller
tabitha
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
ploria
arne
Bella171901
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THEORY ABOUT KALEB - Page 2 Empty Re: THEORY ABOUT KALEB

Post by Scotch Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Jane over at Dear Author has an AWESOME post about Kaleb, whether he may be the Ghost, etc. and she supports facts with citations to the appropriate books: http://dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/theories-on-kaleb-krychek-the-man-the-mystery-the-romance/

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 23, 2012 9:34 am

Having read Tangle of Need, the money still has to be on Kaleb.
For me the smart money is on Vasic though Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu May 24, 2012 12:52 am

I kind of think.. Judd never looks at the Ghost. Does that help us about our "Who is the Ghost??" discussion? I mean, he could delete the pictures, I suppose, and the question is.. Does he only then not look at the Ghost when he sees the person who is the Ghost AS the Ghost, or also when the person who is the Ghost acts as their normal, public persona?

Grr
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu May 24, 2012 3:52 am

Judd, knows who the Ghost is, but doesn't look at him so if he was tortured he couldn't reveal who the Ghost is.

There's a bit near the end of the book where Aden & Judd discuss Vasic, then a little later Judd talks about the Ghost to Xavier, saying nearly the same thing, that made me wonder if the Ghost is Vasic.

Also Vasic is waiting for something to end, he also has a connection to Anthony, so what if he and Kaleb are looking for the same person, or the person one of them is looking for leads the other to the person they want?

Maybe Vasic is looking for Sahara and Kaleb needs to find her to locate the changeling woman he is looking for.

None of this is confirmed though so it's just me speculating.

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Maharet Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't think that Kaleb is looking for a changeling woman...It has to be a Psy,because at one point(I'm not even sure which book it is )he says that the house he lives in belongs to her, that he is just a keeper.Also he connects her with something that happened long ago,an he's not that old,so he was probably a child at the time,and had no connection with changelings...On top of that none of Enrique's victims survived,except Brenna

Maharet

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidKindofGirl Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 pm

In recently rereading Faith/Vaughn's book, there is a portion where the Councilors are discussing Kaleb and Faith as possible replacements for Enrique. Well there is a paragraph talking about how Tk's and F's are the most intimate with the PsyNet. I wish I had the page to reference, my entire post would make a lot more sense that way.. haha.

Anyhow, since Kaleb is all about the NetMind, running the PsyNet.. obviously the woman he is searching for must be an F-Psy... Faith's kidnapped cousin, Sahara, is the one that comes to mind for me. He idly plays with a "star" charm that belonged to the female he is searching for, he uses a "star" as his symbol... Sahara NightStar, anyone?
OrchidKindofGirl
OrchidKindofGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I don't think that those things are as connected, or that they HAVE to be. He isn't about running the PsyNet and therefore looks for an F. I think he's looking for someone, possibly an F, and to find her, he needs to run the Net. Or something like that.

And yeah, I remember that passage, I think. (And that even though I don't reread their book as much as the other P/C novels. Very Happy)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidKindofGirl Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Reason I think it's kind of intertwined is because it's a possibility that Kaleb's second cardinal strength is Psychometrics... it would make sense that he touches that Star charm all the time and that he said "the woman he knows the most about" if I remembered that correctly
OrchidKindofGirl
OrchidKindofGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidKindofGirl Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Cause didn't Nalini say that she has something planned for Sahara.. and at some point didn't she say that Psychometrics would be upcoming in the series? And... *squeals*
OrchidKindofGirl
OrchidKindofGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Yeah, I thought that Sahara was the one Kaleb was looking for, too, but just not because of that part.

I'm really curious about his abilities and where the story ARC'll go. One year.. Damn it.. One year. How.. how..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm convinced it's Sahara Nightstar that Kaleb is searching for given all the clues but why?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 pm

What is psychometrics?

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 am

Touch something.. know stuff about the thing you touched, like.. things about the original owner and such.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 am

Psychometrics is the ability to see the history of an object you hold...who owned it, and what it was used for by that owner and so on. I believe it is also used to see an event that happens at a location too...like in Bonds of Justice when Anthony's son was able to find the burial site for one of the victims because he "saw" the guy burying the girl...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Lots of interesting theories but I dnt think Kaleb is the Ghost. Likewise with Vasic. Knowing Nalini it's propably someone we come across the person who is the Ghost already but who up until have escaped our notice due to or very sneaky and talented author!

Chances are its going to be someone so obvious we overlook him/her.

Marshall anyone? After all we know sometimes " death" is not the end in the Net.
Maisey
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 am

I think we all discussed Marshall once but were certain that he was a no-go for the Ghost, because it was the Ghost who killed him or something? I'm not sure anymore. Been too long since I read that book, to be honest.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2