The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Alpha Males

+13
Lulu2011
Elisabeth
selenadurev
Sarah18
Nina
purdygertie
kitarad
Bella171901
Sycorax
monadh
twixter_tea
Patricia
catikins
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Top 10 Alpha Males - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Alpha Males

Post by Nina Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Ah... Curran...

*cough* ahem. yeah. I just finished reading the available Kate Daniels books for the first time, so yeah... I'm a fangirl right now.

As for Barrons, I liked him in the first book but after that he sorta creeped me out. Then again, my waning love for him may correspond to my gradual umm, un-loving of the series. I haven't read the last one or two, though. Maybe I'll like him again.

But, yeah, back to Curran Smile I think I like him 'cause he acts more like a regular guy than most heroes in UF & PNR, probably because half of the author is a dude. I like all Andrews' characters, though. They are less cookie-cutter and more "I'm a realistically flawed being that could actually exist somewhere." Well, maybe the causes of said flaws would be impossible... I've never actually dealt with anyone infected with post-apocalyptic viruses that cause fits of furriness.

You can do the sushi dance to your heart's content, Patricia. <- See? I love you! I'm supporting sushi dancing!
Feel loved.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Barrons.. Oh, book 4 and 5 killed me. And I'm still arguing with myself if the scene KMM posted a few days ago was the 'truth' or not. Damn...

Ah, *_* I'm allowed to dance the sushi dance again. ( http://formylittledecoy.tumblr.com/post/8053173569/the-sushi-dance-oy-o-o )

Whahaha. But you didn't want to marry me.. *sniff* At least I have ALPHA.. Alpha, where are you? Alpha? Alphaaa? ... Sarah?

But, yeah, back to Curran I think I like him 'cause he acts more like a regular guy than most heroes in UF & PNR, probably because half of the author is a dude. I like all Andrews' characters, though. They are less cookie-cutter and more "I'm a realistically flawed being that could actually exist somewhere." Well, maybe the causes of said flaws would be impossible... I've never actually dealt with anyone infected with post-apocalyptic viruses that cause fits of furriness.

Amen.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am

purdygertie wrote:What about Adam Hauptman from the Mercy Thompson Series? Very Happy

I´m absolutely in love with Adam Embarassed

@ Patricia: I´m here!!!!
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by selenadurev Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:30 am

Hey why has LUCAS been mentioned only once... Sad
He is definitely an alpha male...i love both him and Hawk.... Embarassed

selenadurev

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 am

you´re right, I love them too Very Happy , hmm, and Vaughn, I think he´s an Alpha too, eventhough he stays with the DR
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by selenadurev Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:31 am

Elisabeth wrote:you´re right, I love them too Very Happy , hmm, and Vaughn, I think he´s an Alpha too, eventhough he stays with the DR

I agree....I cant wait 4 the next book...i have finished reading the series twice....nd i still find it different each time... I am such a sucker for it... cheers lol!

selenadurev

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I think I recall that Vaughn could be alpha, should something happen to Lucas, but he is such a caveman/loner type and has such loyalty to DR and to Lucas that he is happy being a sentinel.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm

jupp but still he could be an alpha Wink
can´t wait to hear more about these two, maybe they´ll have children.... Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Since I started reading romance, there was only one Alpha male I used as 'yardstick' to measure the others. This was Dominic Le Sabre, from Untamed by Elizabeth Lowell. It's a medieval romance, the first one I read several years ago. I'm not saying that Dominic is the best there is, only that he's the 'minimum' I'd accept. But since Hawke arrived, he's my new stick. Laughing

Talorc Sinclair - Moon Craving by Lucy Monroe. This was the book that introduced me to PNR. My usual genre is horror/mystery and romance. I'd describe the book as 'unusual', aside from the hero's unconventional name. lol. There's a M/M side story, some very 'earthy' love scenes. Like I said, unusual.^^ So the hero is very memorable to me.

After following Immortal After Dark, Lord of the Underworld, Dragon Kin, Carpathian and Leopard people series, tried one by JR Ward, another by Sherrilyn Kenyon, read ones by Lora Leigh too but they've started to sound the same to me.^^; The difference with Nalini's world is the 'warmth', the sense of belonging I always enjoyed. Well ok, we have raunchy Changelings too, but the close-knit relationships, is what made her books, specially the ones about the wolves, a winner to me.^^
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 am

Yurice, have you read "Dragon Bound"? The new Elder Races series by Thea Harrison. Dragos is quite alpha worthy.

Also, try Shannon Butcher's Sentinel Wars series if you haven't already. There is tons going on, an excellent overall story arc and good alpha males. The men in this series are a group of immortal warriors who kill bad creatures, protect a portal/gate to another realm and all of whom are in the process of dying. Some have more time than others. They all need to find a woman who they are compatible with and who can channel their power but there are no more women of their own kind (why that is is part of the story arc). The world isn't quite as warm as PsyChangeling but I really like this series. It's still in the early stages. She will publish book 5 next year.

Also, have you tried Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series? Vampires but with a better story arc than Ward's BDB and I generally like Adrian's heroines a lot more than Wards as well.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm

I hated the first couple of the Immortals after dark. Emmaline and Lochlain or something ... but I loved Garreth and Lucia and Rydstrom and Sabine.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Bella171901 wrote:I hated the first couple of the Immortals after dark. Emmaline and Lochlain or something ... but I loved Garreth and Lucia and Rydstrom and Sabine.

This is why I love your comments! : D
Hated all of them. Although I think one or two were okay-er than the rest.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 am

There are some couples I love and adore...
Conrad and Naomie for example, or Cade and Holly.

But strangely not of those includes any shifters.
Ther shifter males are just too moch neanderthal for me.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 am

Thank you for the recommendations Lulu. Smile
I know I've read Dragon Bound, but it's all muddled right now. Not even sure if I've finished reading. Embarassed

I'm intrigued with Shannon Butcher, I think I'll like the world she's built. But one question. How's Shannon's heroines? >:3

I'll keep Lara Adrian in mind, with the current hype on vampires, I'm somewhat on the rebellion side. Embarassed

Kresley is ok with me, to describe her heroines - eccentric. Laughing Though sometimes I feel the author's gone overboard trying to make them 'unique'.^^ But my main issue is the way her Scots speaks. It's quite distracting. I like the Woede brothers. Smile
And I wanted Lothair with Nyx. T_T
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 am

TheFLuff wrote:There are some couples I love and adore...
Conrad and Naomie for example, or Cade and Holly.

But strangely not of those includes any shifters.
Ther shifter males are just too moch neanderthal for me.

I haven't read all of the IAD novels yet, but the Abduction Is Love trope doesn't do it for me. LOL
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:10 am

Yurice, Shannon Butcher's heroines are pretty good. The 3rd book in the series is the weakest. All of them are human women (with a little something extra - I don't want to spoil it). They have unique abilities and once they join with their Theroni (the name of the warrior class) they become a powerful fighting team. So that part is fun and different. The women are expected to actively fight with the men.

My favorite heroine is in book 4. Nika. Loved her. Everyone thinks she's been driven insane by the evil race out to conquer earth who tried to kidnap her as a child, but she's not. She refuses to give up and with the help of the Theroni, Madoc, reclaims her sanity and Madoc.

Just be warned that it is darker and the evil creatures are really evil. Kidnapping, experimenting on, breeding with humans and children too. None of that is shown but is discussed.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 pm

I was a bit worried about Helen, she seems a tad too fearful in the excerpt, but since the girls will fight alongside the hero, I'm more confident with the heroines. Nika sounds one I'll relate with the most, I like stories involving family members. =D I can deal with ebulness as long as it's not graphic. >:3

Definitely adding book one in my 'to buy' list. I'll have to see what's left of my money after Christmas. lol.
Thank you again! <3

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 pm

I loved Nika. Madoc had given up on himself and kept pushing Nika away and she just wouldn't let him. All the other men in the series are desperate to find their woman ('cause otherwise they're done for ). Madoc is the one who has accepted that his time is up. He's just trying to kill as many snarly creatures as he can before time runs out. Nika just refuses to give up and fights really hard to reclaim her mind and Madoc.

The Lara Adrian Midnight Breed series is pretty good. A better overall story arc than the BDB with its own twist on the traditional vampire story. You might try getting it from a library if possible to see what you think of the first two books.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

*checking out Shannon Butcher on medimops*

Urgh. Too expensive and only the German copies. :'(
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:29 pm

1. Raphael Angels Blood, Nalini Sighn
2. Wrath Dark Lover, J.R. Ward
3. Eric Northman Sookie Stackhouse Novels, Christine Harris
4. Jack Force Blue Bloods Novels, Melissa de la Cruz
5. Kingsley Martin Blue Bloods Novels, Melissa de la Cruz
6. Dimitri Berkov Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead
7. Christophe Strange Angels, Lilth St. Crow
8. Stark House of Night,P.C. & K.C. Cast
9. Patch Hush,Hush Books,Becca Fitzpatrick
10. Hunter Sign of the Zodiac,Charlaine Harris
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:04 pm

did you read the Blue Blood Novels? I read one of the books, I´m not sure which one, I thought it was interesting...is it worth looking for and buying the other books?
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Well after the third one Revelation,they sloppy,You could say,maybe you will like them.
Buying them,maybe not because you might feel it's a waste of money.
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:13 pm

hmmm, okay, well thanks^^
maybe sometime if they´re really cheap I´ll take them Wink
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:48 am

Elisabeth wrote:hmmm, okay, well thanks^^
maybe sometime if they´re really cheap I´ll take them Wink

I think I recently saw them on medimops.de for about 3-5 bucks each, but I'm not sure anymore.. *sigh*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 pm

doesn´t matter, thanks I´ll have a look....some time soon, if I can talk myself into looking Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next