The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illium

+7
Roxsan
Lulu2011
Faidrari
SHELITA
Rageane
Patricia
Jane
11 posters

Go down

Illium  Empty Illium

Post by Jane Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:36 am

The other day I had a strange idea... what if Illium´s mate would be Elena´s sister... Eve (I think that´s the name)... of course she is only 13? so to be her Nalini would have to make her grow up a bit... but, I mean Illium is "fascinated" with Elena, she was human and a hunter... and Eve is human and will be a hunter.... hummm
Beside if Nalini moved the story forward a few years, she could, after Illium´s story, write again about Raphael and Elena and make them parents Very Happy since she said that Elena would have a baby, eventually but it would take a few years because she was an young angel.....so...

What do you think? Who is going to be Illium´s mate? And who do you think the next book is going to be about?Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Illium  Empty Re: Illium

Post by Patricia Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:19 am

Oh my, the possibilities!
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:48 am

That actually might work...if you think about the level of damage he needs to recover from, he might actually be ready for a relationship by the time Evelyn is mature enough to handle one too.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 am

Oh my gosh that is such a good idea. Glad you thught about it so now that can be the little story I play around with in myhead until I get the next Relena fix. Laughing

I wonder what their bay would look like ,I would hope Sarah would get to meet the baby. tongue

Names? What a Face
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Illium  Empty Illium

Post by Faidrari Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi guys

So last night I was looking at my kindle and had a look at some of the passages I highlighted. It madee think about illium and his possible feelings for Elana.
I distinctly got the feeling that he might like her more than just being her friend. Anyone got any theories on this or am I just looking at it wrong?

Faidrari

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am

I think that Illium looks at Elena and sees all that he maybe could have had in his life if he hadn't been forced to give his own mortal up.

He does like Elena very much, is definitely very fond of her. I sort of see it as a brotherly kind of affection. She most likely reminds him of his own mortal. Remember, these angels don't spend a lot of time around mortals and Elena is the first to become a permanent part of their circle. Even if she is now an immortal herself, she has retained her humanity and Illium is likely really drawn to that.

When you think about it, it's not really fair at all. Raphael got his mortal but Illium had to give his up and have himself wiped from her memory. I guess that's the advantage of being an archangel in your own territory (and Making Elena into an angel).
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 am

When you think about it, it's not really fair at all. Raphael got his mortal but Illium had to give his up and have himself wiped from her memory.

That is unfair. I am actually very surprised that Illium doesn't feel any kind of bitterness. I thought he would've at least been a little bit angry when Sara was let into the Refuge to see Elena, while he got his feathers plucked and his mortal's memory erased by simply telling her of the place's existence. The double standard sort of sucks...but I guess you get to make your own rules when you're an archangel
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Faidrari Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am

Rox- I agree.. He fell in love and it all got taken away from him. I wonder now how Raphael might feel considering he now knows what it is to love.

I just keep thinking of the warning Dimitri gave to Elena to be carful with Illium.

Regardless can't wait for the next book!

Faidrari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:06 am

Let's look at the facts: Fact 1, Illium fell in love with a mortal HUNDREDS of years ago...he told of the existance of Refuge in a time when it wasn't defended as it is when we were introduced to it, and the world wasn't as developed as it is either! Fact 2, the ability to change a human wasn't known when it happened...most of the cadre didn't exist the last time it was done...to include Liuan, so the fact it happened is seen as a miracle since Rapheal knew Elly gave her life for him. Fact 3, Illium understands that what he did at the time that he did it was wrong. The love he had for the human would have died when she did, but the information that he gave her could and would have lived on to threaten the safety of his entire race. And by the way, Sarah has NO CLUE where she was taken to see Elly while she was recovering...she only knows that she was transported by a vampire away from the city.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm

I thought Illium's crime was that he told the secret of Making. Raphael didn't tell Elena this secret until she was dying. So, I have never been burdened by thoughts of unfairness. I am very interested to know what else plagues Illium besides the death of his mortal love. In Archangel's Consort, he is very troubled about his mother. It is not explained why she is damaged.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 pm

CassB wrote:I thought Illium's crime was that he told the secret of Making. Raphael didn't tell Elena this secret until she was dying. So, I have never been burdened by thoughts of unfairness. I am very interested to know what else plagues Illium besides the death of his mortal love. In Archangel's Consort, he is very troubled about his mother. It is not explained why she is damaged.

This is what I remember too, that Illium told the secrets that are never to be shared with a mortal so his mortal's memory was wiped and Illium was forced to live without her.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Faidrari Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 pm

That's what I how understood it. Think I'm going to have to re-read the last book to job my memory.

Faidrari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 am

That was what I was getting at...in a round about way...Illium broke the rules and revealed secrets that weren't allowed to be shared, where as Elena was never told those secrets until she herself was an immortal.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 am

Rageane wrote:That was what I was getting at...in a round about way...Illium broke the rules and revealed secrets that weren't allowed to be shared, where as Elena was never told those secrets until she herself was an immortal.

She wasn't told specific secrets while she was still human, but she had already begun to pick up on a few things that Raphael never confirmed or denied. And when they first did it, he even mentioned that it was a good thing she had come to his bed because she knew too much. Meaning that no one would touch her anyways since she was now an Archangel's lover.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by quinnharleen Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Jane wrote:The other day I had a strange idea... what if Illium´s mate would be Elena´s sister... Eve (I think that´s the name)... of course she is only 13? so to be her Nalini would have to make her grow up a bit... but, I mean Illium is "fascinated" with Elena, she was human and a hunter... and Eve is human and will be a hunter.... hummm
Beside if Nalini moved the story forward a few years, she could, after Illium´s story, write again about Raphael and Elena and make them parents Very Happy since she said that Elena would have a baby, eventually but it would take a few years because she was an young angel.....so...

What do you think? Who is going to be Illium´s mate? And who do you think the next book is going to be about?Very Happy

So I have come into the Guild Hunter series a little late, obviously as this is about a 4 year old post, but I just binge read all the books in 3 weeks. Illium is my fave character, I haven't loved a character as much as him in about 10 years of reading, and no offense to this poster but I think this would be the worst thing for him. I would want him to find someone to love that he doesn't meet as a child. That is already a grown up and he can have a real relationship with and doesn't have the potential to be a childish person. I'd like to see their relationship start as grown ups because I think that Illium as a character deserves that.

Also, I think that this idea is WAY to close to what Stephanie Meyers did to Jacob and Bella in Breaking Dawn. Jacob loved Bella and ended up with her daughter renesmee. This would seem to much like stealing an idea to me. And to be honest I thought this was the most horrible cop out of writing when I read it. I think Illium deserves way better, his OWN story and not just a relation of Elena.

quinnharleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:26 am

Haha, yeah, I can see your point, but I don't think it was about a person being a replacement, just about the connection itself. For example, I'd love Illium to have a sort of "mentor"-ish role in the lives of some younger characters. But I agree that it'd be nicer (at least imo) for him to have a fully developed *own* character, rather than someone who resembles Elena/reminds him of Elena. (I'd mostly feel bad for the girl for just being a fill-in, or something like that) That being said, I wouldn't mind it if it made sense and was their own story. NOT wanting someone who is connected to her just for that fact would give her as much importance as wanting them for the same reason, I suppose.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:53 am

Also, people can truly deeply love other people without needing to be ina relationship with them.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum