The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice

3 posters

Go down

Alice Empty Alice

Post by TheFLuff Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 am

What can I say....
a) I´m bored (Is it June yet?)
b) I know alot of people dond´t like Alice.... But I can´t help being very very intrigued by her and all those mysteries surrounding her.

It´s so easy, just to see some boring Anthropologist with a very oldfashioned name, who, of all people, wrote the book that little Ms. Perfect, aka Sasha loves so much.
I mean, she HAS to be a boring, Sasha type person, doesn´t she?

Only, she is not. She so isn´t.
From her letters she feels like a very vibrant, alive personality. Someone who cares alot about her friends.
Just a normal young woman.

But then there is Zaid. She must have known him really well.
And her reaction to Judd. And how she recognizes Judd... and how he recognizes her as "One of us"

And the words she says in ToN, when he talks with her:
"All I remember before you, is sadness, such terrible sadness. It made my heart tear in pain, until the agony took over my world. Zaid....
Zaid was there."

And then there is the mystery of Judd not really knowing Zaid´s time of death.
It really makes me wonder.
Did Zaid truly support Silence after the death´s of his brothers, or has he too, been quietly swept under the rug by the diciples of Mercury?
What was his connection to Alice?
And Alice to the Arrows?
How would todays Arrows react to her? (and sorry, I can only see her with an Arrow... Aden perhaps. That would make an aweful lot of sense)
And what about Zaid?
Is he truly dead?
Or has he been put into cryonic sleep as well?
WHat happened to the scientist, that "put her in the box"? Did he really have a psychotic breakdown, or rather a mean case of Zaid´s telepathy?
Did Zaid know, where she was? Or has he been searching for her until the end?

And isn´t this just a really convenient storyline replayed with Kaleb and his "quarry"?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Alice Empty Re: Alice

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:42 pm

It's not that I don't like Alice, I guess I just don't know much about her. Her letters were nice. She seemed nice. Right now, she's all damaged and injured, physically and emotionally. Maybe I'll like her when she can at least sit up and eat solid food. Smile

I guess I just see her storyline as too convenient, too easy. Brilliant frozen woman (who happens to be an expert on exactly what we need) brought back to life via a miracle will find love and happiness with a sexy changeling or sexy Arrow and help us save the world at the last minute.

I do really want to know more about Zaid and hope we find out about him too. Maybe when Nalini said that Zaid is dead, he is dead in the sense that he abandoned his life as Zaid, gave up his name and assumed another identity? Sort of like how those other Arrows dropped off the grid? But, still a century has gone by, so he has to be either dead or frozen like Alice.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 am

Well... Look at Brenna, she did pretty well Smile

And I don´t feel like it´s a too convenient storyline, because basically, Alice didn´t add anything to saving Sienna.

Of course, in hindsight, she was the one to know the solution.
But right at that moment, it didn´t help anybody.

What intrigues me so much about her, is the fact, that she is the connection to the beginning of it all. The connection to all the mysteries, I would like to know (but don´t necessarily need) and that have been popping up all over the place.

I love how Nalini prepares those storylines years in advance.
It begins with the book Nikita sends Sasha... in Branded by fire I think.
Goes through BoM, where there is this connection between Zaid (via the letters) and Vasic and Aden, who we truly meet for the first time, discussing Mings death.
No wait, it even begins before that, with the introduction to caressed by ice.... which pretty much is the book where all the storylines begin to appear.
Then in Play of Passion, with the second manuscript (I think) goes to Kiss of Snow. Where ALice pretty much is background noise, that pops up, but has no true significance (aside from yanking the readers and Sienna´s chain), but we are introduced to the person, Alice was, a hundred years ago. Or we think, we are.

And then comes ToN, where we see, not all is, as it seemed and Alice is alot more interesting.

And I can´t help but feeling, Nalini planned for her to be someone important from at least book three.

And that fascinates me to no end.

We all are totally captivated by the Ghost, but ALice for me is just as interesting (and then there is Zaid.... and I suddenly have the urge for him to not be dead ^^)

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 am

TheFLuff wrote:
No wait, it even begins before that, with the introduction to caressed by ice.... which pretty much is the book where all the storylines begin to appear.
Then in Play of Passion, with the second manuscript (I think) goes to Kiss of Snow. Where ALice pretty much is background noise, that pops up, but has no true significance (aside from yanking the readers and Sienna´s chain), but we are introduced to the person, Alice was, a hundred years ago. Or we think, we are.

Not *all* the story lines. Sahara was mentioned in book 2 (Visions of Heat).

And the reasons for Silence were alluded to in Slave to Sensation.

TheFLuff wrote:
Did Zaid truly support Silence after the death´s of his brothers, or has he too, been quietly swept under the rug by the diciples of Mercury?

I think he probably did support Silence. Not only did he have a martial talent but he was old enough to remember his sister's death at the hands of a telepath gone mad. He probably wouldn't support what Silence has become though.
TheFLuff wrote:
What was his connection to Alice?

He was the leader of the original Arrows. She abducted by his group. That right there would have brought them into contact.
He was the founder
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down