The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I know who Hawkes HEA is and How...

+10
ConvertMePlease
cheebee
Lorraine
Cadence
whynot9
sephora
tabitha
Sam
Rageane
countdown
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think I know who Hawkes HEA is and How... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I know who Hawkes HEA is and How...

Post by cheebee Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:24 am

I think the never meant to meet is much simpler. They come from two different worlds and without the Laurens suicidal defection, they never would have met. Might even be enemies.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

I think I know who Hawkes HEA is and How... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I know who Hawkes HEA is and How...

Post by countdown Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Could be Cheebee, Nalini could have written it straight forward like that.

All of the other Psy - Changeling pairings could be put in the same category also, both coming from two different worlds and without a certain situation or chance encounter they would have never met either. And of course in some situations were enemies also.

countdown

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackQueen Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 pm

IDk if anyone said this, but for the age of Hawke and his mate in age he is 5 years older then her. I remember when he talked about her dying and he said that she was 5 and he was 10 and I also believe that he said he saw her die. I think he told this to Sasha as she was learning about her gifts or somewhere in the beginning books. also, if Hawke is about 32 and the theory Sienna being his mate means she is physically about 27 and not 22

BlackQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Just to stick my oar in -
I read somewhere, possibly from Nalini, that even though Hawke "knew" the little girl who died was his mate there was no mating bond at that age. Plus, he was eight for goodness sake!!! (and she was 5).

I do not go with the theory that Sienna is that same girl. As noted, she is the blood niece of Walker and Judd, who would, I'm sure, have noticed if this kid had just showed up. No, she is the child of their dead sister. And don't forget that Sienna has a brother, Toby.

At the time of the Laurens defection she was 16 and is now 19. Hawke is in his 30's and i believe that's at least 70% of why he's been so tetchy. The other part, of course, is that assumption that his mate died and he was only supposed to be with her.

Silly boy.

I do believe they are going to end up together.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:01 pm

also want to note that it is seldom that an author writes the blurb on the back of the book. most often it is someone who is looking to ramp up the tension so that people will feel excited about what's coming. and it's also designed to pull in people who may not have read the prior books in the series.

so i wouldn't place too much importance on the ''different world's" or the 'she's got a secret' bit.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Really? I find a lot of blurbs to be somewhat accurate.....

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 pm

not saying they're not accurate, just sometimes exaggerated a bit for dramatic effect.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 pm

awww yes

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:20 pm

I never even thought about that buuut, he said his almost-mate was 5 and he was ten when she was killed. Sienna is um, 19? and he is SO not 24.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm

In CbI, Sienna is 17 and Hawke is 32. If Sienna is 19/20 now, then he's 34/35. Smile There was a 5 year age gap between Hawke and the young girl who died who was supposed to grow up to be his mate. Sienna wasn't born until several years after his "would-be mate's" death.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes, I meant that its quite impossible for Sienna to be this girl from back then :]
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Yeah, I gotcha. I was just adding to it. Smile
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum