The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaleb Krychek

+12
Scotch
cate
cheebee
arne
Sanna
CyndeB
sephora
whynot9
Katherine
twixter_tea
tabitha
degdelta
16 posters

Go down

Kaleb Krychek Empty Kaleb Krychek

Post by degdelta Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 pm

an enigma inside a mystery inside a puzzle.

is Kaleb a good guy, a bad guy, or both?

i think many people want to see him as either, but i think he could be both, depending on the circumstances.

the problem is that he was associated with a raging psychopath (Enrique). he's also been scrutinized up one side and down the other by the Arrow squad, whos stated mission is to maintain Silence. he has most certainly killed ruthlessly as has been noted, but apparently he kills (dare i say it) judiciously.

in BoJ he acts in favor of our hero and heroine, and it seems that it that is because of his alliance with Nikita Duncan, however, his behavior afterwards is suspect (what is the white star, and who was the woman he remembered dying?) in that he goes above and beyond to locate the victims bodies so he can pass on that information. also, he could have ratted out Sophie and Max but doesn't.

and, it looks like he might be unseating Ming for head of the Arrow squad (don't turn your back, dude).

so, is he the ghost? if so that would mean he knows the Laurens are still alive.

and btw, how did he know how to get into that extremely secure place to leave the box with the Arrow's sitting right there.

there's way more to think of with this guy, but i'm still out on whether or not he's the ghost. it may be that the person he's looking for is the ghost and he knows who it is (dad?)

Nalini, you are fiendish in your plotting! i bow to you and wait with bated breath for the next installment

Denice

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Krychek Empty Re: Kaleb Krychek

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 pm

I think Kaleb believes he's evil because of what Enrique made him do, I think he is the Ghost. I think he'll prove to be a good guy in the end Smile
There is things he says, thinks and does (especially if he is the Ghost) that make me believe he is 'good'.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm

All these theories that you've created...is making my mind turn and twist and wonder! GAH! It's making the wait even more impossible!
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I LOVED Kaleb in BoJ. He was FASCINATING. Both more sinister and more human than ever.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am

as mentioned, i'm going through all the books from the beginning and making notes of things that were mentioned but not paid attention to at the time.
Kaleb, as of CbI is 27 y.o.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 am

I've been a Kaleb fan from the very beginning (or at least from the time Nikita was reading over his file and it just seemed like he had to have been Enrique's victim, not accomplice). I really didn't think he was the Ghost, but I'm rethinking that now. There have been a few things that made me think the Ghost was a teleport capable Tk, like the time he was talking to Judd on a cell phone from that very remote location. I still just can't make the "I want the net all for me" part of things with the Ghost. Someone somewhere on this forum mentioned that he and Sienna were both considered for Arrow training--anyone know in which book(s)?

I agree he believes he's evil because of what Enrique did to him. I think this search for his "quarry" is some kind of attempt at repayment and/or redemption. I still haven't figured out why he wants the PsyNet to be his and his alone... Anyone have any theories on that?

Crossing my fingers he get's his own book in the second story arc. (Since Nalini said Lara, the SnowDancer healer would probably be getting her own book then, why not one for Kaleb?) Very Happy

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 pm

whynot9 wrote:
Crossing my fingers he get's his own book in the second story arc. (Since Nalini said Lara, the SnowDancer healer would probably be getting her own book then, why not one for Kaleb?) Very Happy

Wait..there's gonna be a second story arc?! Really??!
So i dont have to flounder aimlessly after hawke's book is out and read and reread?!

OOhhh..dammit..now im getting antsy Kaleb Krychek Icon_bounce for the story arc i had no idea about till a few min ago...

i need to distract myself...

*runs out*
*runs back in*

Im really curious about Kaleb too, and im beginning to see him more and more on the good guy/Ghost way and i am willing to bet my highly active imagination, he is for sure getting a book...should there be a second arc..
Fingers crossed..

*runs out again*
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

here's another thought i came up with after re-reading BoM - the first Arrow was the son of the people whose twins were the first to be totally raised Silent (mentioned in the notes from Zarina to Matthew).

howzabout someone from that line has come full circle and realized the Silence is not the total answer.

truthfully, i'm not sure where i stand on this thought, but it did occur and i'm throwing it out for folks to think about.

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by CyndeB Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I've just been re-reading (again)Branded by Fire and there is a comment made about Sienna about how she's going to need more training and they dont' know who would be able to do it. I'm wondering if a certain very powerful Counselor will end up being the one to help train her to deal with her abilities. . . .

CyndeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Eeek. That's a scary thought. What if Krychek teaches her the way Enrique taught him.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 am

CyndeB wrote:I've just been re-reading (again)Branded by Fire and there is a comment made about Sienna about how she's going to need more training and they dont' know who would be able to do it. I'm wondering if a certain very powerful Counselor will end up being the one to help train her to deal with her abilities. . . .

Ooohhh.. very very interesting, that would be....
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanna Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 am

You know, I think the person Kaleb is looking for may be Sahara NightStar. Faith said in VoH that her cousin Sahara disappeared five years ago, and that was about year and half ago right? Because Kaleb said in BoJ that he had begun his search six years, five months and three weeks ago, so the timeline would fit. And also the charm Kaleb has is star-shaped, so maybe it belonged to Sahara. And somewhere ( I can't remember where ) someone said that according to Nalini Singh Sahara would play a big part in the books.

"Kaleb looked at the body of the human he'd just killed, his fingers playing with the small platinum charm—a single perfect star—that was always with him, no matter where he went. Glancing down at the star, he said, “For you.” For the one person who he knew better than anyone else on this earth, and yet could not teleport to, no matter how many times he tried. And he'd tried every single day for over six years."

Right now I think Kaleb had feelings for Sahara but then something happened to her ( maybe Enrique? ) and now he's looking for her. I'm kinda hoping Sahara will show up in the future books and gets together with Kaleb Very Happy:D:D

Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my mothertongue, but I've been thinking this some time now and I just had to share Smile

Sanna

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 am

I think Kaleb is both good and bad. He is influenced by the sociopath Enrique. I think Kaleb was the boy who rescued Annie. i Very Happy So he has also his good points.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am

Hi! New here so excited to have found a place devoted to my favorite series! Sanna I think you're on to something with Kaleb and Sahara NightSTAR ( silver star?). Also maybe NAlini was inspired by the Sahara Star of Mumbai, India.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanna Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah, I most definitely think that Kaleb is looking for Sahara. Also, an interesting thought crossed my mind while reading Play of Passion: At the beginning of the book Henry was wondering if Shoshanna had a F-Psy helping her:
"Henry made a note to investigate whether Shoshanna had a “pet” F-Psy of her own. Her telepathic reach was more than powerful enough to direct the unstable mind of a broken foreseer."
What if Shoshanna has kept Sahara locked away all these years? And then when the Scotts lose the finale battle they'll discover that Shoshanna captured her and then Kaleb can go and rescue her Wink
Ah, maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but speculate Very Happy

Sanna

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm

that would be a great explaination Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by cate Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Why not Fr Xavier's Nina....She disappears over a cliff into a river...Definate possibility there ! Perhaps he can't reach her(whoever she is) because her abilities are impaired due to injury.

cate

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:28 am

I don't think it will be Nina.

This was my theory, that if she was a Psy she was injured or her mind imprisoned and that's why she was unable to make contact with him.

Theory one was it's Sahara Nightstar and she's been kept imprisoned by Shoshanna as her Pet F-Psy.

Theory two was that Enrique harmed the women to punish Kaleb or made Kaleb harm her and that she was being hidden by the Forgotten.

Theory three was the same as above apart from it was a changeling women, maybe the daughter of the Dark Edge alpha as it says in BoJ that she hates Kaleb and that she's been kept hidden from in an another wolf pack such as RainFire (Remi's pack).

Theory four was that he's searching for a non-silent sibling who Enrique hurt and hid from kaleb somewhere.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 am

There are too many threads here about Kaleb! I just posted on the other one -- check out today's awesome post by Jane at Dear Author re theories about Kaleb and quotes from all the books to support her facts and suppositions: http://dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/theories-on-kaleb-krychek-the-man-the-mystery-the-romance/

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:44 am

There can never be to many threads about Kaleb Very Happy

I completely agree with everything Jane has written and think there are even a couple more instances mentioned that hint Kaleb and the Ghost are the same person.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:01 am

I already merged about three Kaleb-topics into one, but this one here didn't work bc it's been very old and would confuse anyone (post a, answer a, post b, answer a, answer b)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentdeath Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 am

Can the woman kaleb is looking for is alice elridge . Just asking its a thought nothing else !
Silentdeath
Silentdeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 pm

ähm, I think I´ve read somewhere he´s looking for Faiths cousin...
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 am

Didn't quite know where to post this but Nalini discusses the Ghost at the Romantic Times convention going on in Chicago in her panel discussion that also featured Charlaine Harris and Jeaniene Frost. Here is the link:

http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily-blog/close-and-personal-three-our-favorite-paranormal-writers-frost-harris-and-singh
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down