The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb

+10
Patricia
ploria
tabitha
Bella171901
Rageane
arne
Nicole
cheebee
sephora
degdelta
14 posters

Go down

Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb Empty Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb

Post by degdelta Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

What do we know about Kaleb?

What I have gleaned –
-He is a cardinal Tk. His childhood was spent in a training facility.
-At 7 Kaleb decided he was going to be a councilor, come hell or high-water.
-He was a possible candidate for the Arrows at that age, but was co-opted by Councilor Santano Enrique who, as we know, was a cunning psychopath.
-His childhood training logs, which should have been assiduously kept, showed gaps that would appear approximately a week after he’d had a session with SE.
-His power arc was unusual. At 10 he was as focused as an adult. He had a sharp decline at 16 but stabilized within the month. No trauma was found to account for this relapse. A changeling swan disappeared seven days before the decline. The decline began approximately twenty-four hours after he returned from an unexplained absence, possibly/probably with SE.
-It is assumed that he was SE’s protégée/assistant.
-He was conscripted into council ranks after graduation from Protocol.
-He can, apparently, cause people to go insane.
-Ten high-ranking members of the council substructure disappeared in such a way as to benefit his rise to power.
-He is considered to be an expert at reading and initiating power plays
-He carries a small platinum star that helps remind him of someone, and he's has been looking for someone for approximately 7 years.
-He has developed alliances with some powerful psy families, one of whom is spying for him in the Pure Psy group.
-He was nominated to the Psy council by Shoshanna Scott
- He is in direct contact with the Dark Mind
-He is known as a Tk, and is powerful enough to teleport not only himself but two other people. In addition, he has teleported into a moving car, across extreme distances, and into a place that he is not supposed to know about (a secret, hidden room occupied by Arrows) without flaming out.
-The Arrows note that he has never killed anyone who was loyal to him.

My hypotheses – Kaleb was literally a pawn of SE. Enrique, it was revealed, who could make a person feel what he wanted them to physically by somatic and neural manipulation (holding or moving their muscles and stimulating their nerves). I think he forced his will on Kaleb, making him, at the least, witness his deviant actions over the years the boy was his student. Kaleb’s decline after these episodes could be a result of him being released from the control, and his subsequent recovery. I wonder if SE might have even blanked Kaleb's mind after the episodes so the boy couldn't tell on him.

Not sure what the significance of the age 16 break was, but it is a big clue of some sort (possibly the point at which he gained control of his own power from his "teacher".) Note - at that age he's on the cusp of graduation from Protocol and SE has to release him, possibly leaving a blank spot in his memory, but suspicios of what might have been done to him.

His ambition to be a councilor started at the same age he was introduced to SE as his instructor. Possible reasons – he wanted to have the power to do the same, he wanted to get revenge, or (and this is my hope) he wanted to prevent the same thing from happening to anyone else.

It has been stated through several books that he is wants to be the sole power, but not why. I think it’s because he is (under the Silence) angry at what was done to him, and what has been allowed to continue under the Council, which would mean that he has a conscience of some sort.

Why he did nothing to stop Enrique – as a child he was possibly placed under a compulsion not to speak. Or, he tried to say something and no one believed him. Or Enrique blanked his mind after each session. Or I could be totally wrong, and he's a raging psychopath too (hope not).

I also believe that the powers-that-be are unaware of his true abilities. They know he’s a powerful Tk, but he’s demonstrated beyond the “norm”.
It was noted that Vasic is the only true Tk-traveler. I believe that Kaleb is that and more.

So, is he the ghost?
At first I thought no since I couldn’t think of a reason for him to be a revolutionary. But the more we’ve come to know about him the more reasons I can see for him to want to destroy Silence. And, as an incredibly powerful psy, with what I think are some compelling reasons to want to bring it down, and the means to get information others can’t access (from the Dark Mind), I’m coming down on the side of believing he is the Ghost.

As to the platinum star charm – it’s interesting that Nalini made mention of a Nightstar female (Sahara) that went missing( at least as far as Faith knows) at about the same time that Kaleb started looking for someone. Coincidence?

Obviously I’ve got way too much time on my hands.
So, what are your theories?

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb Empty Re: Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb

Post by sephora Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:33 am

Fantastic post! Just the other day i was thinking over kaleb and how fun it would be if his love interest were to be a changeling..even though it doesnt appear to be the case..
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb Empty Re: Countdown to the finale - let's play... Kaleb

Post by cheebee Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:44 am

Excellent thought out post. We need a list of what we know about the Ghost and see how the two compare.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Really interesting. I like the idea of making a list on the ghost as well!

But before I work on that-

We also know that Kaleb considers himself only the caretaker of his home.
We know that he allowed Nikita to see his files so I would imagine the information was screened by him
We know Kaleb nominated Anthony as councillor
We know that Kaleb has some kind of mark on his arm
We know that Kaleb really punished that sociopath Bonner(almost like a J psy) and said something about doing that for someone
We know Kaleb is young to be a councillor
We know that Kaleb's parents were low power psy and his strength was a shock

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm

thanks for adding these points. the more info we get the more fun it is trying to figure him out.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 am

Really interesting post! Indeed Kaleb is a very strong Psy. He is the most powerful TK in the net, "movement is as simply as breathing for him. He is the perfect conduit. He controlls the dark mind and partly the net mind. Kaleb also has powerful tp powers. He strips easily the mind of the sociopath Bonner within seconds. In BoJ page 287 we learn that Kaleb works with a telepathic ricochet to find the person, he is looking for. This psychic constructs help him to scan billions of bytes of data. I think this show us that Kaleb also has strong telepathic powers.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:46 am

My hypotheses is that he is able to mind controll people with his tp power and that combines his tp and his tk powers to induce insanity.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:26 pm

I am going to go on a limb and say that Kaleb has the potential to be the direct descendant of the first family of silence...which would make him the central anchor of the net.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:44 am

I think that he is the Ghost because of his powerful abilities and maybe he is the central anchor of the net. In one of the books it´s said that if the ghost break silence everything breaks down with a lot of deaths.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I dont know much about him, and I haven't read all books because I'm German, but I will when I'm getting them rabbit
So, thats sounds like he really wants to be a member of the council because they maybe have informations about this person.
that was the first thing I thought when I read this.
And maybe the darkmind knows how to find him/her.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 am

It is hinted that Kaleb has some Arrow training as when he teleports the package back to Aden and Vasic they state only an Arrrow would know their location. This would also explain another reason why he is listed as teh next possible Arrow leader.

He has some form of allegiance to Anthony, whether that be due to him being the Ghost (we know the Ghost contacted Anthony) or because he is part of the rebellion Anthony leads or because he had some sort of relationship with Anthony's missing niece Sahara we don't know.

We also know that both Kaleb and the Ghost have one person they care about and that both are linked to the net - I've always thought Kaleb was the Ghost.

Part of me hopes that Kaleb is looking for a sister or mother or maybe even a changeling who he hurt at SE orders rather than Sahara (it is hinted that Shoshanna Scott may have a pet F-psy which means she could be holding Sahara captive). We know when he kills Bonner that he does so because of the person he is looking for.

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

actually, i don't think Kaleb had Arrow training which makes his knowing the secret location that much more intriguing.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by ploria Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 am

Ha-I just posted my own theories of Kaleb just before seeing this one. Great outline of Kaleb. I didn't think about Sahara because it was noted that Santano only took changeling females because they were only animals to him so when Kaleb remembered the light fading from a girls eyes, I only considered a changeling female.
The rest of your theories I completely agree with.

ploria

Back to top Go down

Post by ploria Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

I also believe that Kaleb is an anchor in the Net which is why he has a connection with the Dark Mind. Its interesting that he has a connection with the Dark Mind and Faith NightStar has a connection with the Net Mind...I would think he might be one of Anthony's children but I don't think its possible for the psy to have children that are unaccounted for.

ploria

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 am

Interesting theory, I'd love that Very Happy
It would be sad if he could never leave the net like Sophie and the other anchors though, I think it would limit his 'story' potential. Unless he were to become the new leader of the Psy race
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by ploria Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:11 am

Let me rephrase that...I think he is an anchor but not just because he has a connection with the Dark Mind. If that were the case then Faith would have been stuck in the Net as well.

ploria

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am

I think Kaleb and I'd have beautiful babies.

Guess that's pretty important to know, so now you know..
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastCardinal Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am

In ToN its confirmed that kaleb is a dual cardinal . He has tk and tp both abilities at cardinal level and even for a cardinal he is exceptionally strong . He can teleport very very fast . As fast as vasic even with people . Its mentioned that he is strong enough to bring earthquakes , collapse entire cities. From BoM we know psy ability gradients can be amplified by mixing power of two abilities. Katya mixed her low gradient tp and m abilities together to form strong tp . Just imagine if kaleb with his exceptionally powerful cardinal level abilities mix and focus on one ability how strong can he get ?
TheLastCardinal
TheLastCardinal

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleydevlin Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 am

I believe in Kaleb being ''main'' anchor as well because we have seen till till now that psynet is trying to save itself by producing an entire generation of cardinals having abilities needed to save the net e.g.

1-sasha cardinal e-psy

2- Faith cardinal F-psy

3- Sienna cardinal x-psy

So, kaleb could be cardinal A-psy and may be that will explain his ability to control both net mind and dark mind. I believe that he is ghost because its impossible that kaleb would be unaware of who ''ghost'' is and vice versa.

ashleydevlin

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 pm

ashleydevlin wrote:I believe that he is ghost because its impossible that kaleb would be unaware of who ''ghost'' is and vice versa.

That is a very good point. Although there are certainly ways to keep secrets in the Net, Kaleb has shown throughout the series that he has skills that would make it difficult to hide from him. If Kaleb turns out not to be Ghost, I think he would at least had to have been aware of the Ghost's identity and somewhat accepting of the rebel's activities.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Palestblue Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 am

yes, that is true - I also believe Kaleb is either the ghost himself or is At least aware of the ghost's identity.

And I think after all we know about Kalebs powers and his connection to the net it would be quite plausible for him to be the ghost (and that is even without taking into account that he had his own secret agenda and that this agenda is why he becaume councilor in the first place, which to be also makes him a plausible candidate for being the ghost!)
Palestblue
Palestblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down