The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

+14
Lorraine
cheebee
ConvertMePlease
TracyTheOncer
books_rianne
twixter_tea
Ladyhawke
Cadence
starfire101
Baboo
Rageane
Madhura
amri
silverdezz
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna Empty Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

Post by silverdezz Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi, i am newbie here but would love to share my thoughts about the next book...hehe

In the first book, there's already chemistry btw these two. However at that time, Sienna is only 17. I can't help but wish in this book, it opens with Sienna being twenty or sth like that. It's better that way as i feel more comfortable reading the girl more older. Though the author keeps insisting Sienna is mature, how mature can she be when Hawke is much older than her with more experience. (btw... does anyone know exactly how old is Hawke....? I keep thinking he is around 30 or sth like that )

At first, I thought it's Sienna who needs to break the ice and into Hawke's protective wall. He thought his mate has died and lost all his hope. Though I still find it hard to believe he recognizes his mate when he is very young, i still think he can't be that certain even with his animal instinct...because he is nothing but a child at time and so is his so-called mate. Maybe someone who will tell him about that ....Faith? cuz she knows about the future and might warn him if he miss this chance...he will really loose his REAL mate....

However after the Mercy's book, I think it is Hawke who needs to do most of the work on this relationship. Sienna is on the edge now with her lack of control in her power. I think the last thing she wants is a lover to throw in the mix and unleash her feeling and emotion. She is backing up and become more icy inside and outside to keep her power in check. I can't help but emphasize her. She probably gonna drop the big bomb out telling her uncles she is dropping the LaurenNet as she is dangerous and needs the Silence (Psy net) to keep her in check. Hehe...bet the council would love her joining in the psy net as she is very powerful but lethal at the same time...

I cant' wait for the chase to begin. I think Hawke will pursue restlessly on Sienna once he decides it's her that he wants. It's just a matter of time now. he should anyway because he has been harsh to Sienna most of the time to ensure he keeps his distance away from her. But ... our gal is not bad as she retalites everytime...hehe...

She rocks...

what do you guys think?
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna Empty Re: Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

Post by amri Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie as well. And I'm also thinking Hawke will do the chasing. And also agree that I'd be more comfortable with Sienna being older. But, in the Archangel series (if you've read them) - Raphael is like 2000 years older than Elena. Of course being 19 is hugely different from being in your late 20s Smile

But Sienna could have an amazing amount self-posession. Frankly, I don't want it to be Sienna. I want it to be me! Razz

amri

Back to top Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna Empty Re: Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

Post by Madhura Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Well, I would have been uncomfortable with tha age-gap except I have seen Nalini pull it off so well before. I think Tamsyn and Nathan are also quite apart in age - something like 8 years or so. With Hawke, we constantly hear that he hasn't truly been with someone since he lost his mate so young. So, in a way, he is a novice as well in terms of relationships. Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't he pretty much been single Sienna entered the scene?

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Madhura, you are correct which is why everyone is telling him to get some...he is touch-hungry and is starting to show his frustration and it is effecting the pack. Nalini has done the age gap with Nate and Tammy, he is 9 years older than her...and maturity isn't just about age, it is about life experience too. Our Sienna may be young in age, but if you really look into her eyes I bet you will see a MUCH older Sienna locked inside. In terms of her control, she isn't ready for anything close to what Hawke will bring to her...look what happened when she tried just talking to him, she had to pull back because her shields were failing! But I also think that he can help her with that control too...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Rageane wrote:Madhura, you are correct which is why everyone is telling him to get some...he is touch-hungry and is starting to show his frustration and it is effecting the pack. Nalini has done the age gap with Nate and Tammy, he is 9 years older than her...and maturity isn't just about age, it is about life experience too. Our Sienna may be young in age, but if you really look into her eyes I bet you will see a MUCH older Sienna locked inside. In terms of her control, she isn't ready for anything close to what Hawke will bring to her...look what happened when she tried just talking to him, she had to pull back because her shields were failing! But I also think that he can help her with that control too...

Hmm... i am confused...

What do you mean Sienna is not ready for anything close to what Hawke will bring to her? Are you saying Sienna is not ready for his possessive love? Do you think that sounds a little contradicting? confused I mean, Sienna likes him. She wants his love right?

LoL

I wish Nalini will let us read the first chapter or the excerpt...

The wait is so dreadful....
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:35 pm

silverdezz wrote:
Rageane wrote:Madhura, you are correct which is why everyone is telling him to get some...he is touch-hungry and is starting to show his frustration and it is effecting the pack. Nalini has done the age gap with Nate and Tammy, he is 9 years older than her...and maturity isn't just about age, it is about life experience too. Our Sienna may be young in age, but if you really look into her eyes I bet you will see a MUCH older Sienna locked inside. In terms of her control, she isn't ready for anything close to what Hawke will bring to her...look what happened when she tried just talking to him, she had to pull back because her shields were failing! But I also think that he can help her with that control too...

Hmm... i am confused...

What do you mean Sienna is not ready for anything close to what Hawke will bring to her? Are you saying Sienna is not ready for his possessive love? Do you think that sounds a little contradicting? confused I mean, Sienna likes him. She wants his love right?

LoL

I wish Nalini will let us read the first chapter or the excerpt...

The wait is so dreadful....

Not Rageane but I took that to mean Sienna's control is iffy even with the limited contact she has with Hawke. So, imagine how much worse it can get if he actually focuses on her and decides to take their "relationship" further. To me, that would be the interesting part of their story. To see Hawke and Sienna find a balance.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboo Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 am

The age gap between Sienna and Hawke hasn't been an issue with me since Sienna has never been an immature, innocent and pure, heavily sheltered female, neither has Hawke been acting like an old man. Besides, as mentioned by Madhura, Nalini has managed to pull off this age gap issue with Tamsyn and Nathan, their story has taken place when Tamsyn is 19 and Nate 29 (and they both have found out they are mates few years before that, on her 15th or 16th birthday).

Will be really upset if Hawke and Sienna don't belong to each other (the only exceptional is if Hawke ends up with me ). Smile

Baboo

Back to top Go down

Post by starfire101 Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Totally. Sienna and Hawke belong together. Its gonna be some ruff courting between these two. Im a little woried what Hawke will do to Kit if something happens between him and Sienna. Another issue they have is Sienna's designation. Is she gonna help in the war? On what side? What is Ming going to do to her if he knows shes alive? More importantly, what is she going to do to him?

starfire101

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm

This is kinda random speculation - I think Sienna choosing Hawke, and Hawke "defeating" him will result in Kit choosing to leave the Pack. We know that Kit is a future Alpha, and I recall her saying we will see how someone makes the break to lead his own pack in KoS. While it could be about Hawke's history, Kit could also be a possibility.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna Empty well...

Post by Cadence Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Madhura wrote:This is kinda random speculation - I think Sienna choosing Hawke, and Hawke "defeating" him will result in Kit choosing to leave the Pack. We know that Kit is a future Alpha, and I recall her saying we will see how someone makes the break to lead his own pack in KoS. While it could be about Hawke's history, Kit could also be a possibility.

Well except for the fact that Kit isn't part of Snow Dancer.
If they were in a relationship, and she choose Hawke over him, I'm sure he would be hurt, but why would he leave Dark River?
They are allies, but he is still a juvenile. He doesn't have any responsibilities that would force him to interact with SD.

In the past books, I was affraid that Sienna wasn't ready for Hawke, and maybe wouldn't be for a long time.
But reading Play of Passion really made me crave their story. Nalini painted her as a mature young woman, instead of a child.
(Of course its not official that they are mates, but its pretty obvious to me that feelings are there)

He will chase her at first, because eventually he wont be able to deny his wolf.
But once she realizes he actually is interested, she wont resist as much.
Fear will probably be the major reason why she will resist.
Similar to Judd's fear that he wont be able to control himself and will end up hurting people if he lets go of Silence.

That is an excellent question, though.
Between the two of them, who will break the ice first?

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyhawke Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 pm

he is touch-hungry and is starting to show his frustration and it is effecting the pack.

Having read this...I just went into a "ILoveSiennaAndHawke"-coma...sooo...thanks for that, LOL.

Between the two of them, who will break the ice first?

That's actually a really good question...

I have no idea, LOL.

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:21 pm

My bets are on Hawke. He is incredibly touch-hungry and an ALPHA male. He can't resist for too long. Ahh, Hawke...we all await your courting of Sienna. I know this whole chasing-who game is going to be INCREDIBLY fun. The way they interact with each other is adorable.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:12 pm

twixter_tea wrote: He is incredibly touch-hungry and an ALPHA male. He can't resist for too long.

This is why my bets are on Hawke that he will pursue her first.
But I would not doubt if he was pushed a bit by his pack-mates lol.
Upon more speculation, I was thinking that Sienna acts around Hawke not unlike how the other Psy (under Silence) act around their future mates.
All of them had to be eased into being touched and feeling the kind of emotion that crack their shields against the Net.

It will be a rough courting, as it should be though. These two people are not as open to love and the mating bond as past couples.
At least one of the potential mates were open to love and being with the other person. Both Hawke and Sienna have major baggage they both have to get over before they can be together.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by books_rianne Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 pm

I like all the theories and it makes me want to jump in time so I can read the book. Also, I just read the blurb (I think it is called, don't know for sure but it is what is on the back of a book normally) about the book and that also makes me want to jump in time. I'm completely sure now that I want the hardcover, because if I have to wait almost a whole year it will drive me crazy Very Happy

books_rianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 pm

OMG, where did you find the back blurb? Help out a fellow addict, will ya... Smile

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by books_rianne Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Madhura wrote:OMG, where did you find the back blurb? Help out a fellow addict, will ya... Smile

Am glad to help a fellow addict, just don't know if everybody wants to read it. So let's see if I can make it a little bit of a secret Laughing

I hope this will help a fellow addict Very Happy

Spoiler:

Last edited by books_rianne on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't work the way I intended)

books_rianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks so much. Very Happy, I can't stop grinning.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by books_rianne Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Madhura wrote:Thanks so much. Very Happy, I can't stop grinning.

That's about the same way I feel at the moment. Was so exited when I found the blurb that I really wanted to share Very Happy

books_rianne

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm

I found it....thanks books_ rianna for discovering it (b/c it will be the last place I will ever come across...)

Since the moment of her defection from the
PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna
Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and
dangerous, he compels her to madness.
Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the
woman who would’ve been his mate long ago. But
Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he
tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild
fury of the wolf.
Then Sienna changes the rules—and suddenly,
there is no more distance, only the most intimate of
battles between two people who were never meant
to meet. Yet as they strip away each other’s secrets
in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready
themselves for a far more vicious fight…
A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer,
striking at everything they hold dear, but it is
Sienna’s darkest secret that may yet savage the pack
that is her home—and the alpha who is
its heartbeat.

So how is Sienna gonna changes the rule? Perhaps we guess wrong...it's sienna who's gonna cut the chase?

LoL Shocked
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm

OMG!!! Thank you so much for posting the blurb!
I am so happy that Sienna is officially the heroine!
Hopefully the book will be wonderful enough that non- Hawke- and- Sienna lovers will love the book.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

PS I posted something about it on her FB so that others know about it.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Books_rianne & Silverdezz,
Thanks for finding & posting it!!! Very Happy I'm happy Sienna is officially the heroine as well! I want to know what she did to "change the rules" now, lol. The book sounds COMPLETELY AMAZING!!!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by ConvertMePlease Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:56 am

silverdezz wrote:He thought his mate has died and lost all his hope. Though I still find it hard to believe he recognizes his mate when he is very young, i still think he can't be that certain even with his animal instinct...because he is nothing but a child at time and so is his so-called mate.

This statement reminds me of something that happened in MTP. Even when Clay and Talin were children they were very possessive of each other. Clay may not have known what that meant since he didn't grow up in the pack as Hawke did so Clay didn't have anyone to ask or talk to about it. Hawke on the other hand did grow up in a pack setting and there were plenty of adults running around whom he could talk to about his feelings. The adults could have told him stories about happenings in the past when other children acted that way and what it meant.
ConvertMePlease
ConvertMePlease

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:27 am

Yeah but Tammy and Nate grew up in the same pack and he didn't know until she basically hit puberty.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:19 pm

The Mating Dance effects every couple differently...I try to make it a point not to guess at who is or isn't potential mates for these warriors, I wait for the choice to be made and watch the dance unfold.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next