The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

+14
Lorraine
cheebee
ConvertMePlease
TracyTheOncer
books_rianne
twixter_tea
Ladyhawke
Cadence
starfire101
Baboo
Rageane
Madhura
amri
silverdezz
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna - Page 2 Empty Re: Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

Post by cheebee Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I think the mating thing will have to be resolved in some way where Hawke and Sienna DO end up mated or it will always feel like she is second best and runner up to a dead girl.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna - Page 2 Empty Re: Most likely it's Hawke who's gonna chase after Sienna

Post by Ladyhawke Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 am

I think the clue, here is the phrase "...would have been his mate"...indicating, to me at least, that while the potential was there, it never fully formed.

...and hell, maybe the idea will just add to the conflict of their mating in the first place.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Sienna being "second best", lol. Whatever happens, the resulting story is going to be delicious.

I'm super excited.

Ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 am

I think would have been is also key...........meaning Hawke will spend a long time denying the possibility of Sienna being his mate, ie, big conflict. I also think its at least somewhat possible that they already have a mating bond/or mating dance going on and neither one recognizes it; her out of ignorance and him out of denial.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Ladyhawke and cheebee, I completely agree with both of you.

I think the potential to mate was there, but that doesn't mean he can't mate someone else.
And I do think that unless they form the mating bond, she will feel like she is second place to a dead girl.

Cadence

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:12 pm

I think there is a bond between Hawke and Sienna, and this is why her shields are coming down when she's around him. I think it's the bond trying to get through or something like that. ;-)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:24 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I think there is a bond between Hawke and Sienna, and this is why her shields are coming down when she's around him. I think it's the bond trying to get through or something like that. ;-)

My fingers are crossed on that! And that comment gave me total goosebumps. XD
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I think there is a bond between Hawke and Sienna, and this is why her shields are coming down when she's around him. I think it's the bond trying to get through or something like that. ;-)

Yep, I agree. I think the mating bond already exists between them, even if they're unaware of it. It's why they both go crazy around the other, with the mating bond urging them on and them fighting against it. Kind of like with Judd and Brenna, who were compelled to be with each other, even though neither of them were aware of the bond.

Hawke and Sienna's book is going to be so good!

Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by droplet Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Cadence wrote:
I am so happy that Sienna is officially the heroine!
Hopefully the book will be wonderful enough that non- Hawke- and- Sienna lovers will love the book.

I TOTALLY agree!! I know Nalini said she wouldn't pull a "bait and switch" on us, but I've still been so nervous something would happen and it wouldn't be Sienna... haha I was even worried about completely ridiculous and impossible things like his dead mate coming back to life or something...*wipes brow* whew it's excellent it's confirmed!! (I'm a Hawke/Sienna fan all the way) Very Happy
droplet
droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by starfire101 Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 am

I was kinda thinking that too. If hawke's suposed mate came back, but allready mated! and to a Psy! That would totally stop anything that prevents Sienna and Hawke from mating, lol. Sienna's secret has to be extreme to shater the pack and Hawke. I wanna know so bad!

The secret could be anything. But im thinking its more than just her designation.

starfire101

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:35 am

"...Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fightā€¦"

I was thinking... what if Sienna tries to kill herself? That would change the rules.... and that would make Hawke a lot more protective of Sienna. Sienna said to Sascha that she might have to go back to the PsyNet... what if Sienna refuses to submit to the Net or to other Psy that might want her power? Ming would love to use her as a weapon...
I think that Ming is the enemy that the blurb talks about... Ming will find where the Lauren family is hidding and maybe he will go after them...
I donĀ“t really recall well but didnĀ“t Sascha said that x-psys killed themselves because they couldnĀ“t control their power?

What do you think?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am

When I read your first sentence I rejected it out of hand.........as weak of Sienna. And I don't think of her as weak. However, maybe if there was an incident that demonstrated just how dangerous she was, not only to the enemy but to those she loved.........then she might consider it.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Jane wrote:"...Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight…"

I was thinking... what if Sienna tries to kill herself? That would change the rules.... and that would make Hawke a lot more protective of Sienna. Sienna said to Sascha that she might have to go back to the PsyNet... what if Sienna refuses to submit to the Net or to other Psy that might want her power? Ming would love to use her as a weapon...
I think that Ming is the enemy that the blurb talks about... Ming will find where the Lauren family is hidding and maybe he will go after them...
I donĀ“t really recall well but didnĀ“t Sascha said that x-psys killed themselves because they couldnĀ“t control their power?

What do you think?

OMG Crying or Very sad
NOO PLEEEEEAASEE!!! NOOOOO!!!
I can't live with this question until summer! Crying or Very sad That would be very sad but it's an option, would be ... like dying with her ... I can almost see it.
He's coming in, she in a pool of blood and then it makes : KLIKK! And he knows she's his mate Crying or Very sad
OMG, maybe Ming is going to use her as weapon and maybe he'll try to make her believe she has an "defect" like they did it with Sascha-darling.
Yes, if I were Ming, I wouldn't use her, because everything YOU use (looking at Judd) can get on the other side and kill/destroy you.
I would kill her, or better; would kill herself.
And yes, HE HAS TO FIND HER FAMILY!!! That would be so coool!!!

So, 1. destroy than use.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Someone said one time that Hawke's "mate" (the girl who died) was (maybe) a psy, possible, that could be the reason why Hawke knows so much about Psy and special about E-Psy. Maybe SHE was a E-Psy...
what do you think??
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by starfire101 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Who and When said she was a psy?

Anyway, it's possible. Really possible. There could be many possibilities but yes, that is an interesting turnaround. But it would be ironic for Hawke to be.... enamoured.... with the two designations most opposite; One can heal without thought, one can kill without thought. Poor guy!

starfire101

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the E and X are connected, other than the one being very gentle and one very martial. I think the author ofSacha's book was just writing about some of the more interesting desegnations. From my rereading I didn't really get that they were actually connected in any significant way.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by ConvertMePlease Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 am

Ming won't want Sienna to work for him. Sienna herself said that Ming tried to recrute her to be an arrow until he found out how strong her ability was. I believe Sienna also told Sascha that she believed that was the real reason her family was sent for rehabilitation, not the fact that the mother threw herself off the Golden Gate bridge. Ming wouldn't want anyone working for him that he couldn't control.
ConvertMePlease
ConvertMePlease

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:33 pm

cheebee wrote:I'm not sure why everyone thinks the E and X are connected, other than the one being very gentle and one very martial. I think the author ofSacha's book was just writing about some of the more interesting desegnations. From my rereading I didn't really get that they were actually connected in any significant way.

I agree with you Cheebee. I did not see the connection other than the researcher focusing on the two opposite poles of the psy powers.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

ConvertMePlease wrote:Ming won't want Sienna to work for him. Sienna herself said that Ming tried to recrute her to be an arrow until he found out how strong her ability was. I believe Sienna also told Sascha that she believed that was the real reason her family was sent for rehabilitation, not the fact that the mother threw herself off the Golden Gate bridge. Ming wouldn't want anyone working for him that he couldn't control.

Yup, that's correct, this is mention in Branded by Fire which I'm just re-reading.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 am

OMG! I just found the first few pages of Kiss of Snow. Its absolutely delicious and I just can't wait for it. June can't be here soon enough.

If you wanna check it out, search for a preview of Archangel's Consort on google books and its the last few pages. Enjoy!!!

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:50 am

I can't see it, could you post it here please Sad Sad Sad
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Can't post a link, but try this - http://books.google.com
Search for Archangel's Consort, select preview and search for "Kiss of Snow". Hope that works.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:03 pm

That's so ironic! A few days ago that excerpt wasn't "readable" in the preview, and you had to do searches on words like "Hawke" and "Sienna" to get just a sentence or two to show up in the "search mode". (I won't admit how many searches I did in order to read the entire "blocked" excerpt,....I'm a tad obsessed with this couple, lol). Now the entire thing is readable (and, of course, takes a lot less time to read)!! Smile
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Still restricted when I look it up.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 pm

cheebee wrote:Still restricted when I look it up.

That's odd. The entire chapter is there for me now (but wasn't two days ago). Anyway, I think Nalini is going to be posting it tomorrow, as she's posting some "surprise." If that's not it and you really want to know what happens, just message me. ;-)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 am

I canĀ“t see it. Sad
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2