The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am

When I did a re-read of, oh, maybe it was Visions of Heat recently, there was a sentence that said specifically that "mating was not UNcommon" so my feeling is that many changelings end up eventually finding their mates, but not all do. Sort of like how some people never find quite the right person to marry and so they never do.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Yurice Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:00 pm

What a Face
Wonder where I got the impression that mating is special/rare? Must be all in my head.

Now I don't know what to make of it. Let me cry some more in a corner...T_T

Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:32 pm

well because it is usually in PNR is rare, to makes this one special couple even more special (and all others in the series of course^^)

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I guess I did get spoiled with all the PNR reading I've done, I'm all 'tangled' up right now. Laughing

Ok, so the concept of mating to me is the perfect match of souls. Soulmates. And since there's only one for each, fate has to have a hand in making these two meet.

But, in Nalini's world, since mating is not uncommon, then I have to re-think the whole mating business.
Before, I believe there's only one mate for each. They don't always recognize each other as mates on first meeting, but the 'pull' between them is immediate.
Now, I'm having the impression 'if the soul fits = mates.' scratch Meaning, anyone can be a potential mate. I don't like it at all, so hopefully ToN provides answers to the mating.

The thing with more than one potential mates, is that if this is so in Nalini's world, then what's stopping a changeling from meeting two or more potential mates at the same time? Who is going to be his/her mate if all are free to commit?
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

The problem with mates is that if there was only one person for another one, and if there is fate.. Those people were destined to be together. I know, that's the point. But.. *mhe*

Which is why I like the "If the soul fits" theory much more. As for the polygamy:

I think if there were mates, it'd be more like.. Everyone could be a POTENTIAL mate. But the mating dance starts as soon as their souls are in synch*, to quote Mead. And as soon as the matingbond happens, you can't find another mate until your mate dies. While you're in the mating-dance you're so focussed on your partner that you wouldn't even notice the other potential mate.

And, since it is not rare, but special enough, I don't think it'd happen that often.

Two people being in synch? Rare. Three? Fuck me senseless. Four? We now reached the point where people ask whether to eat toast and marmalade or marmalade and toast.

A bit like this:

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 11 Psycha10

1: Everyone (including your mom)
2: People with the potential to be your mate (= everyone except your mom ;p)
3: People all over the world who are right now suitable partners/People who would "activate" the mating-dance thing instantly if you saw them.
4: Your Mate, congratulations.

* Indigo and Andrew needed years until they noticed that there was more than friendship.
*² I know, this is just plain ugly.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 pm

LoL!

Perfect.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Yurice, while mating is not uncommon, I'm going to guess that the number of potential mates is probably really, really low. (See Patricia's visual!) Maybe only that one person ever and the changeling just has to be lucky enough (or fated) to stumble across that person at some point in their life. Remember for all that Riaz and Indigo had been lovers and seemed really well suited, they were missing the magic between them and they both recognized that they weren't each other's mate.

At this point, I'm going to bet that Riaz has made a mistake and this mystery woman isn't his true mate. She's already married so it's not like they could really get to know each other. In any case, let's just hope Nalini clears this up in a way that will make us happy.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:42 pm

lol I love the diagram! And yes, I can definitely see both your points. :3

But then, there are couples who didn't go through the dance. Tammy and Nate, Hawke's parents. Their mating was a done deal before they could even explore their feelings.
What I'm trying to say is that, if there are more than one potential mates, then matings would take place more often, to the point that it's no longer special. A changeling could simply be ordering pizza then Boom! mated with the delivery boy upon opening the door. Laughing

Ok, perhaps nothing that drastic. Laughing

At this point, nothing is clarified yet, as to one mate only/very few mates/everyone is potential mates. But I can definitely go with the very few mates theory, though I won't see it as special as one mate only. :3

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm

But then, there are couples who didn't go through the dance. Tammy and Nate, Hawke's parents. Their mating was a done deal before they could even explore their feelings.

Just some thoughts - Nate and Tammy, in my opinion, weren't completely mated when she was 15. It wasn't until Nate opened himself up that the bond completed itself. So, they had a very loooonnngg mating dance, lol.

With Hawke's parents and couples like them, I'd say they technically did have a mating dance. It was just really short. Like a millisecond or something Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Nina wrote:
Just some thoughts - Nate and Tammy, in my opinion, weren't completely mated when she was 15. It wasn't until Nate opened himself up that the bond completed itself. So, they had a very loooonnngg mating dance, lol.

With Hawke's parents and couples like them, I'd say they technically did have a mating dance. It was just really short. Like a millisecond or something Smile

If you mean that their relationship 'really' started when Nate finally accepted to open up, then yeah, I agree with you. :3
But if we're talking about the bond itself, it took place when she opened the door on her 15th bday. No thinking about whether or not to accept it, no planning to take Nate as mate, they probably just looked at each other then the bond snapped in place. It was a connection that Nate was able to block though, and Tammy didn't know how to break through, but her mother mentioned that she has a direct line to his soul. Even Sienna was able to block Hawke, though his wolf battered it down. Hawke's parents didn't even talk, probably didn't even know each other's name, but they were mated.
I won't question anymore if they did or did not have a mating dance, because as you said, it could be ultra short to be noticeable.^^

What I'm trying to say is, that it appears as though some couples didn't have a choice about the bond. It's as if they both recognized each other as mates and there and then bonded. It's something to rejoice about, because not everyone finds their true mates, but what if they knew there's more than one mate for them, won't they rather wait until they have more options? See who's the better mate? Specially since mating is for life. A one shot deal. Aren't they ever going to wonder how the other mating would have worked out had they waited to mate longer?
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:12 am

I have not been about for awhile sorry real life and all plus my usual MMORPG crazes and RPG craze too okay I was playing kill me now ! I was also watching TV like Friday Night Lights the whole 5 seasons and 7 seasons of Deep Space 9.

My point lol I swear I had one was that Adria in the book with Indigo was not mated I think and if Riaz was referring to her when he mentioned that his mate was with someone else it makes sense then . She may not be happy because that was not a real mating and she does not know that perhaps because it is the guy who knows right so she is with that fellow the one who is threatened by her and is unhappy without knowing she is not mated properly.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 11 Empty Why Adria was most likely not the one Riaz thought was his mate.

Post by Patricia Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:02 am

kitarad wrote:I have not been about for awhile sorry real life and all plus my usual MMORPG crazes and RPG craze too okay I was playing kill me now ! I was also watching TV like Friday Night Lights the whole 5 seasons and 7 seasons of Deep Space 9.

cheers Very Happy Hey!! : ) I'm so glad to see you again! All those foreigners here.. *whispers* Some of them weren't even here in our KoS craze! *gasps* *stops whispering*

MMORPG - I should really spend some quality times with one of them, but.. ;( What did you play? Recommendations? : > The closest I came to any game lately was when I helped my sister in one of her Wii Princess Chapters. Arg.

kitarad wrote:My point lol I swear I had one was that Adria in the book with Indigo was not mated I think and if Riaz was referring to her when he mentioned that his mate was with someone else it makes sense then . She may not be happy because that was not a real mating and she does not know that perhaps because it is the guy who knows right so she is with that fellow the one who is threatened by her and is unhappy without knowing she is not mated properly.

That's what I originally thought, too, but the excerpt and blurb suggest otherwise, I think:

It still sounds possible, but Riaz didn't treat Adria like he would his possible mate in the ToN excerpt.

0.5 The others here also pointed out that while Adria was somewhere in the US, Riaz wasn't around to have seen and mated with her, but that's a loose end here, because who knows whether one of them made a short trip to [insert place].

1. And Riaz told Indigio that his mate was with a good man. (Click) Martin certainly isn't, although it could've been that Martin was a good man and the relationship with Adria made him bitter, because she's more dominant.

2. He also confused Adria with Indigo in the beginning of ToN, which should probably not happen if you're sure that this person is your mate. (Whereas, if he doesn't know already, he wouldn't be too focuses on her, her scent etc.)

The Blurbist wrote:For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal.

3. If she was the one he recognized as his mate, how could their attraction be any sort of betrayel? : /

There was a fourth thing... I think. Damn.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:21 am

War... lots of war... and lots of Aden.

I like.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 am

Was Playing Rift but left it am playing Skyrim mostly now. As for recommendation I should advice you to stay away from MMORPGs they suck every available free time you have so advisable to not even get into it. You get more time to do other things by not playing.

People's personal relationships are not visible to others that chap Martin might be a good guy just that he and Adria are unhappy.He could be a good friend of Riaz hence the betrayal part. When Riaz first met her she might have given him the appearance of being happy and maybe they were initially but over time the resentment of her grew who knows sorry am just throwing my pennies about.

Good to see you Pat. Hope everything is well with you.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:31 am

kitarad wrote:Was Playing Rift but left it am playing Skyrim mostly now. As for recommendation I should advice you to stay away from MMORPGs they suck every available free time you have so advisable to not even get into it. You get more time to do other things by not playing.

People's personal relationships are not visible to others that chap Martin might be a good guy just that he and Adria are unhappy.He could be a good friend of Riaz hence the betrayal part. When Riaz first met her she might have given him the appearance of being happy and maybe they were initially but over time the resentment of her grew who knows sorry am just throwing my pennies about.

Good to see you Pat. Hope everything is well with you.

Yeah, I probably spent a whole month trying to reach that dumb level in Atlantica.. Urgh. But after a while that game was boring. Thank God, I'm too easily hooked up on something.

But Drew noticed. Yes, he's the tracker, it's his job, but no one warned him and he's young. I think Riaz would've noticed, too. Especially because he's close to Indigo.

I know, bros before hoes, but Adria and Martin broke up. I don't think Martin'd say "Riaz. Don't sleep with her!" because that'd mean that he'd have to admit to something, anything. Whether it be love or just some possessive urges. If I were Martin and had a problem with my gf being more dominant than I, I wouldn't admit to such a thing. I mean, it could in a weird way equal that I'm weaker than her. That she has more power, that my clinging to her, when she's moved on.. Blahblah, you know what I mean? And if Riaz wasn't allowed to sleep with anyone his friends might have had a relationship with, he'd have to become a priest.. Or become used to the betrayel-part.

I'm okay. How are you? : )
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

It will be interesting to see how much we will see of either Martin or the "mystery woman" in the book.

Will we see them each make appearances with dialogue with Adria or Riaz, or will they just be referred to in discussions about the past? I am curious about Martin. What did he do for a living? We don't see submissive male cats or wolves ever so that would be interesting to me. They are all the uber strong alpha dominant soldier type (except for maybe that minor character Finn, the healer that took over for Tammy in her novella when she left - I thought he was going to faint when Nate showed up at her house and thought he'd slept with Tammy!)
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:13 am

I'm going to be bad and do a hit-and-run off topic, bwahaha!

Deep Space 9

Woohoo! Trekkies unite!

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:42 am

Nina wrote:I'm going to be bad and do a hit-and-run off topic, bwahaha!

Deep Space 9

Woohoo! Trekkies unite!

Damn. Now.. Now.. I need. Arg! Be right back.. : D

@ Lulu: I think there are few who wouldn't want to faint if a pissed guy, who's trained to fight, kill and well.. kill, stood in front of them, thinking they slept with his mate.

Look, sir.. I'm suffering from clinical depression. No need to kill me. Oh and I can't sleep with her anyway, the anti depressants make it impossible for me to get an erection. Look, here, Venlafaxin! And did I mention how I'm bipolar? I'm suicidal already, don't kill me, please, sir, now don't shift! Sir? Oh shit. Momma? MOMMA! .. Help? Juddy? Aaaaah!!!! *faints*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 am

Damn. Now.. Now.. I need. Arg! Be right back.. : D
?

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:46 pm

ANd Martin is not necessarily submissive. I think if he was, it would have been less of a problem.
He´s just not as dominant, as she ist.
Which must have wreaked hell on his ego.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Patricia: LOL, yes, anyone would be calling for their Mommy for sure.

Fluff: Why did I think Martin was a submissive? Makes more sense that he was just less dominant than Adria. He may even be a soldier too.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Is anybody else impressed that this thread has almost 7,000 views and it isn't even December yet? Another 6 1/2 months before the book is out.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I´m reading Lora Leigh, I´m so desperate!

This Blurb has me hooked all over again, though I wasn´t really sold about that pairing in the beginning.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Lol, that is desperate.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Ok,. Jonas book is not THAT bad.

That character just has something about him. And she managed to not completely butcher the heroine, but yeah.....

It´s Lora Leigh.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next