The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 26 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 am

For some reason that quote makes me think Sienna & Hawke....lol

And this might be the first pair that can't truly be mates because of the other woman, is what I have been reading....BUT Hawke "found" his mate to and she died before they mated, this other woman Riaz found but if they never actually mated then whats the problem? Why would that stand in the way of Riaz/Adria? Unless because the other woman is not dead (Like Hawke's mate) Riaz will always long for her- even subconsciously?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 26 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 24, 2012 6:25 am

And if she was his mate and he let it be known then she would have felt the mating bond too-right? And that would supersede her love for her husband and she would be drawn to Riaz too...I don't see why he didn't at least try...I get the whole "can't cause his mate any pain" but pain is relative, that would say that mated pairs never had arguments or bickering and that is certainly not true....he didn't sleep with this Lisette, they did not mate, so I just don't understand what the problem would be unless death is the only thing that can sever a "mate to be that never mated" unused bond? What do you guys think?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 am

paranormalmama wrote:For some reason that quote makes me think Sienna & Hawke....lol

And this might be the first pair that can't truly be mates because of the other woman, is what I have been reading....BUT Hawke "found" his mate to and she died before they mated, this other woman Riaz found but if they never actually mated then whats the problem? Why would that stand in the way of Riaz/Adria? Unless because the other woman is not dead (Like Hawke's mate) Riaz will always long for her- even subconsciously?

I don't know what would stand in the way either unless, as you said, it's because Lisette is still alive and Riaz' wolf recognized her and settled on her. But the bond isn't complete between the two of them (and like Hawke), you'd think Riaz could mate with another. Clearly, Hawke's wolf was open to the idea as it was Hawke the man who was holding him back from Sienna. So if Riaz doesn't mate with Adria, well, what that says is that either Riaz the wolf or Riaz the man won't accept Adria as his mate and I don't like that. I want Adria to have that after having endured 10 years of Martin.

I could see Nalini trying to smooth that sting away by having Riaz fall totally in love with Adria (despite trying not to) and then thinking it's just as good (no, better!) than having Lisette. Then Lisette shows up (or Riaz goes and visits her) and (icing on the cake) he realizes that he's totally and completely happy with Adria and doesn't want Lisette at all and is thrilled she's married to a good guy and everyone is all happy happy happy. Believe me, I like happy. I really do lol. But we've spent 11 books and 3 novellas (excepting Katja/Dev and Sophie/Max) being told how spectacular the mating bond is, how they all long for it and how it gives them that amazing psychic connection so, yeah, anything else for a changeling feels second best to me.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am

Lulu2011 wrote: But we've spent 11 books and 3 novellas (excepting Katja/Dev and Sophie/Max) being told how spectacular the mating bond is, how they all long for it and how it gives them that amazing psychic connection so, yeah, anything else for a changeling feels second best to me.

Exactly! If this was a Psy/Human mating- we can't even call this a mating! But if this was a Psy/Human pairing, at least we could say ok, Psy and humans don't have that visceral mating bond, so them being 100% in love with no "mating bond" is acceptable...but 2 changelings....one bonding and one not bonding??? It just feels a littl like chopped liver, lol

How would their pairing look in the Snow Dancer web of stars? Both bonded to Hawke, Adria bonded to Riaz and then his bonding line going into oblivion?

Hmmmmmmm!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm

paranormalmama wrote:
Lulu2011 wrote: But we've spent 11 books and 3 novellas (excepting Katja/Dev and Sophie/Max) being told how spectacular the mating bond is, how they all long for it and how it gives them that amazing psychic connection so, yeah, anything else for a changeling feels second best to me.

Exactly! If this was a Psy/Human mating- we can't even call this a mating! But if this was a Psy/Human pairing, at least we could say ok, Psy and humans don't have that visceral mating bond, so them being 100% in love with no "mating bond" is acceptable...but 2 changelings....one bonding and one not bonding??? It just feels a littl like chopped liver, lol

How would their pairing look in the Snow Dancer web of stars? Both bonded to Hawke, Adria bonded to Riaz and then his bonding line going into oblivion?

Hmmmmmmm!

I don't think it's possible for Adria to bond/mate with Riaz if he doesn't bond/mate with her. It has to go both ways. At least that's my understanding. And that just adds to the issues down the road for them. Adria would always know that Riaz' mate exists, that he would choose to be with her if he could, that their relationship (while perhaps loving and fulfilling) isn't all that it could be. So she's out there and Adria would always know that and so would Riaz.

Since changelings aren't immune to feelings of insecurity and jealousy, I'd think it would be hard to take over the long term. Again, just speculating, but what happens if Lisette loses her husband due to death, estrangement or divorce? Stuff happens. People don't always stay in love with the same person their entire life. (Mating is the exeption to that as mates do remain with one another for their entire lives.) So, I'd think that would also hang over Adria and Riaz too.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Okay, so if mating has to go two ways and they can't mate (still not 100% sold on why not) what do they look like in the web...two stars just hanging out close together? lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 pm

paranormalmama wrote:Okay, so if mating has to go two ways and they can't mate (still not 100% sold on why not) what do they look like in the web...two stars just hanging out close together? lol

LOL! I've got no clue. I hope it's explained in the book. I'd like to know. Maybe Adria can have some kind of psychic bond with Riaz, linked through the SD web, now that it's totally juiced with Sienna's super X Psy power allowing everyone to stretch their abilities to the maximum? Maybe either Riaz or Adria will have a tiny bit of Psy blood in them that will allow for that? Maybe I'm just day dreaming lol. . .
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu May 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:OK, so I went out and did a google search and it looks pretty clear from this review that Adria and Riaz aren't going to end up as I'd hoped. Crying or Very sad

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2012/05/first-look-nalini-singh-tangle-of-need-may-29-2012

Thanks for the link, Lulu2011. I have been curious about "true love" situation among the Changelings, which is probably more challenging to maintain than the "mating bond" drive.

I wonder how many more weeks before I again surrender to curiousity and buy the ebook just like for KOS, just because I could no longer wait for the printed book.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri May 25, 2012 5:55 am

‎5 Days to go till TANGLE OF NEED releases!! A fun quote for Friday! (The book club post will be up in a few hours, too).

"Say sorry."

"Never." Elbowing the man to free herself, Mercy made the introductions. "Everyone, this is my brother, Bastien, otherwise known as a pain in the neck, and an excellent cook. Bas, these are wolves who will fall upon you and devour you if you so much as blink wrong."
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri May 25, 2012 6:38 am

I love that quote Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri May 25, 2012 9:18 am

So happy to see Mercy again and I love her brothers.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Sarah18 wrote:‎5 Days to go till TANGLE OF NEED releases!! A fun quote for Friday! (The book club post will be up in a few hours, too).

"Say sorry."

"Never." Elbowing the man to free herself, Mercy made the introductions. "Everyone, this is my brother, Bastien, otherwise known as a pain in the neck, and an excellent cook. Bas, these are wolves who will fall upon you and devour you if you so much as blink wrong."

Spoiler:
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri May 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Tabitha, after reading that somewhat spoilery review again . . .

Spoiler:
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 am

Very Happy

‎4 Days to go till TANGLE OF NEED releases!!

"Are all men so bloodthirsty?"

"Lara's father showed me his tools - then we had an illuminating conversation about how easy it would be to cut a person in half using one of the lasers. It was very civilized."
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat May 26, 2012 4:10 am

Aww Walker.

Lulu the answer to your question is yes Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 am

tabitha wrote:Aww Walker.

Lulu the answer to your question is yes Smile

THANK GOD!!!!

(And also, Thank you for replying. LOL)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 am

Hmm, is there Walker & Lara kissy kissy scenes to? I LOVED them in Kiss of Snow!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 am

Tabitha, thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

Sarah, also thank you for the quote. I love Walker!!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 am

Tabitha,

Does Nalini address why Riaz could not mate with Adria & Hawke could mate with Sienna, in both cases neither men actually mated with their intended mate, was it because Hawke was a kid or is it just not really explained.

I hope it is because it is driving me crazy that Riaz can't mate Adria when he never mated to begin with (he and Lisette never mated right? That is what the summary kind of suggests, almost as if she barely knows Riaz)

I can not wait till Tuesday! Ugh!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 am

paranormalmama wrote:Tabitha,

Does Nalini address why Riaz could not mate with Adria & Hawke could mate with Sienna, in both cases neither men actually mated with their intended mate, was it because Hawke was a kid or is it just not really explained.

I hope it is because it is driving me crazy that Riaz can't mate Adria when he never mated to begin with (he and Lisette never mated right? That is what the summary kind of suggests, almost as if she barely knows Riaz)

I can not wait till Tuesday! Ugh!

Yes, I am hoping this is explained as well.

Tabitha? HELP!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat May 26, 2012 11:53 am

Erm.. where did it say that he really cannot mate with her? Please answer in a spoiler tag, because I'm not sure if I really want to know if it is said so anywhere.. And well, because it's a spoiler. (We were so much better about them last year with KOS. XD)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Patricia, I'm not sure I've read in any review yet that he absolutely "can not" mate with her but . . .

Spoiler:
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:Patricia, I'm not sure I've read in any review yet that he absolutely "can not" mate with her but . . .

Spoiler:

right...and several of the other reviews say the same & similar. I just can not rest until I understand the difference! lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat May 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Patricia wrote:
Spoiler:

I think I understand what you mean, character acceptance of something being denied to them and then that is when they are free to get whatever was previously denied...but in this case (hopefully Tabitha will chime in, lol or leave us to misery until Tuesday! lol) but in this case, you get the impression that they can not mate because Riaz has already found his mate (just like Hawke) is this a case of Riaz holding himself back because he thinks he can't mate because of Lisette? I don't think so, in this case I think they simply can not mate- which if this is the case, there has to be an explanation of why in this case it is different? Hawke found his mate, thought he could not mate and then amazingly he could mate with Sienna- largely because though he found her- he never actually mated with her/ loved her that way (KoS)...the only way this flies with me with Riaz is if Riaz is old enough to love Lisette that way and just never actually mated with her, so is age the factor? Is it based on if the never actually mated- "real mate" is still alive. Did Riaz and Lisette have a relationship on any level and that is standing in the way of Riaz mating? Hmmm so much to ponder!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next