The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 27 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Patricia, I hope you're right. I also want them to have the mating bond because it exists in that world and I think Adria should get it. She shouldn't have to "settle", not after 10 years with Martin the Jerk. But from what I've read . . .

Spoiler:

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 27 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 4:18 pm

So the wolf decides and over rules the man. I don't like that. His wolf thinks Adira is good but not the one, while Riaz loves Adria? So I wonder if while he is making love to Adria is his wolf thinking about Lisette....lol yikes that sucks

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat May 26, 2012 4:23 pm

So with changelings the animal has the final say with mating? Perhaps that is ok since it is a supernatural animalistic bonding....it just seems wrong that the wolf can hold the man back but the man can't influence his animal. Oh well I guess she just wanted to show tgAt not everyone in this world mates...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm

I guess we'll find out pretty soon how it plays out. This may be one book where I flip to the back and read the last chapter first just so I'm prepared and don't get my hopes up for the mating bond to snap in place. Crying or Very sad

Here is the latest quote, 3 days to go:

Dimple appearing to dangerous effect, he touched her boot with his, playful as a pup. "We'll have fun."

"Yes," she said, wolf padding happily inside her skin, "we will."
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun May 27, 2012 3:05 am

Lulu - If you do, please let me know! Maybe I'll even do the same thing myself. It's urghh.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 am

Patricia wrote:Lulu - If you do, please let me know! Maybe I'll even do the same thing myself. It's urghh.

Patricia, I'll do that. If it downloads at 9:00 pm Monday night as a lot of her books have done, I'll know pretty soon after and I will hide it within a spoiler tag.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun May 27, 2012 8:36 pm

OK, here is the "2 days to go" quote. It's also non-spoilery:

2 Days to go till TANGLE OF NEED releases!

"That'll rot your teeth," Evie said, crunching on a potato chip, the lustrous ebony of her hair curling over the shoulders of her white cashmere cardigan.

"Pot. Kettle. Black."

"God I love salt." Another crunch. "Since I have no shame, I'm going to ask you what it's like being mated."
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm guessing that's a Evie and Sienna scene. I think getting Sienna's take on what it's like to be mated will be interesting especially she had to seriously think about what it would be like without it.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 am

Lulu2011 wrote:I'm guessing that's a Evie and Sienna scene. I think getting Sienna's take on what it's like to be mated will be interesting especially she had to seriously think about what it would be like without it.

But she's newly mated. I expect her answer to be ore roses than anything - you know, like newlyweds are. i wouldn't expect a nuanced answer until the sheen has worn off somewhat. Although, perhaps being mated to His Wolf Highness and all his bossiness will make her more realistic quicker, hehe.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 am

Lulu2011 wrote:OK, so I went out and did a google search and it looks pretty clear from this review that Adria and Riaz aren't going to end up as I'd hoped. Crying or Very sad

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2012/05/first-look-nalini-singh-tangle-of-need-may-29-2012
thank you for the link Lulu!

when I was small, I was quite unhappy with Disney's hunchback of Notre dame. I thought Quasimodo would magically turn handsome and get Esmeralda, but nuu...I mean look at little mermaid, Ariel got her prince.
My mom said that's life, you don't always get what you want. T_T

but I think I'm ready to see a changeling couple happy together regardless whether they have mated or not. after all, happiness is not premade, both has to make conscious effort to make a relationship work, having the MB just makes it extra special.

but I will be honest, I don't know how I will feel if Sienna and Hawke didn't mate...probably not as accepting as Adria's and Riaz's </bias> lol.
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Mon May 28, 2012 7:02 am

Yurice wrote:
when I was small, I was quite unhappy with Disney's hunchback of Notre dame. I thought Quasimodo would magically turn handsome and get Esmeralda, but nuu...

OMG, that´s exactly the same reason why I hate it Shocked

I just can´t deal with unhappy endings...
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon May 28, 2012 8:21 am

Lady Jaye wrote:
Lulu2011 wrote:I'm guessing that's a Evie and Sienna scene. I think getting Sienna's take on what it's like to be mated will be interesting especially she had to seriously think about what it would be like without it.

But she's newly mated. I expect her answer to be ore roses than anything - you know, like newlyweds are. i wouldn't expect a nuanced answer until the sheen has worn off somewhat. Although, perhaps being mated to His Wolf Highness and all his bossiness will make her more realistic quicker, hehe.

Well, I was just trying to say that Sienna had a lot of time to think about being mated versus accepting the relationship not being mated, that's the distinction. If I remember from KoS, at one point, she thought they could build something that would be as strong and beautiful, etc. I can't recall the exact words though and what led to that thought. I remember Hawke thinking he would never let her feel anything but loved and cherished, to make up for what he couldn't give her. But I remember thinking at that point, yeah, right, she gets the crumbs from your table lol.

I'll probably be able to deal with Riaz/Adria not being mated because I'm not as invested in them and it almost sounds like they are only around 50% of the book, so I can pretend it's a novella within the book lol.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Mon May 28, 2012 8:43 am

So if there is no mating between Adria and Riaz.. what about the possibility of Adria's mate showing up? Shocked

Bear with me u guys, I'v been out of the loop for this book.... so I'll probably be saying stuff u all have discussed already... scratch

While I'm not really all that invested in this couple, it's all about happy endings with me. And I do mean, true-I-would-die-without-you happy endings. Which, an unmated couple, by it's definition is not. Ugh!! I'm worrying now.. .

But hopefully the other parts of the book will keep me slightly more content...
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon May 28, 2012 9:02 am

sephora wrote:So if there is no mating between Adria and Riaz.. what about the possibility of Adria's mate showing up? Shocked

Bear with me u guys, I'v been out of the loop for this book.... so I'll probably be saying stuff u all have discussed already... scratch

While I'm not really all that invested in this couple, it's all about happy endings with me. And I do mean, true-I-would-die-without-you happy endings. Which, an unmated couple, by it's definition is not. Ugh!! I'm worrying now.. .

But hopefully the other parts of the book will keep me slightly more content...

Sephora, this is all speculation as the people who got the ARC's have been really good about not revealing spoilers BUT several reviews have been posted (along with a couple that had lengthy quotes) that seem to pretty much indicate this is going to be a Happy-For-Now kind of ending, but in a Nalini Singh way that might make it feel like a Happily-Ever-After for some (most?). I don't know if I'll feel that way until I've read it though. I'm reducing my expectations and, as you said, I'm not as invested in Riaz/Adria as I was Hawke and Sienna so it might be OK.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 am

Hmmm.....It is only a day or so away.. I guess we find out then...

Invested in the couple or not, I'm deeply invested in the world and the mating bond, so for me, it has to be a mating bond, otherwise I might just end up pretending ToS didnt happen...

*pleasebehappy-ending,pleasebehappy-ending*
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 am

Sephora.. If they aren't mated and her mate would show up.. Excellent point. Gives me hope for them actually getting a real mating bond. ;D
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 am

can't recall where I read this but I'm pretty sure someone already asked Nalini about changelings in long term relationships not with their mates, she said that if one is happy they won't feel the pull of the mating bond...or something like that. so Lisette probably doesn't even know about Riaz and if Adria is happy and content with Riaz, she won't look for her true mate either.^^

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 am

@Yurice, but then the mate bond doesn't really matter much, does it...?! Shocked

If mating is so precious and coveted, and all prior books have drilled that into our heads, then no matter how happy a person is in a relationship, if their "mate" where to appear, they shouldn't be able to deny their chemistry/pull towards each other...

Gahhhh!..I knew there was a reason I try not to think much about stuff like this...I'm an all-or-nothing kinda girl....( you can imagine how terrible my days were pre KoS release..lol)....so this book has me a bit off my psy-changeling loving heart...

sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 am

Lulu2011 wrote:So, I was just going through that older q & a that Nalini did back in June 2010 posted on her site. She was still writing Kiss of Snow at the time. Here was an interesting question and her comment about mating and the mating bond:

Question: You said that Nate's parents weren't mated. So it is possible for changelings to fall in love, get married, have children all without being mated, but are there changeling couples like that who stay happy together? What if (I'm a sucker for melodrama, LOL) one of those people actually met the person who could have been their mate? What would win?

Nalini's Answer: Yes to your first question - they can have loving, committed relationships without the mating bond.

As to the second, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If you were deeply in love, would you even be open to feeling the mating bond? It's an interesting question to think about.
found it lol. it's on page 14 of this thread.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon May 28, 2012 11:52 am

Patricia wrote:Sephora.. If they aren't mated and her mate would show up.. Excellent point. Gives me hope for them actually getting a real mating bond. ;D

That's exactly what concerns me. Without the mating bond, Riaz might have to search out Lisette in the future and that's what worries me and I hope Nalini deals with that possibility clearly. I knew I'd read something about that so I went and dug it up out of Branded by Fire. (Gotta love kindle and that search feature.)

Here are the quotes from Branded by Fire:
From Mercy's perspective,thinking about taking a mate and how hard it would be as a dominant female:
". . . then she might go roaming for months at a time, coming back to him only when she could no longer fight the need."

Also, from BbF:
"Having a mate was a gift, a brilliance of being."

"Riley heard Mercy's words but couldn't respond,his wolf still stunned from the impact of a bond he'd always knowns about, but never truly understood. This wasn't anythng like he'd imagine - it was more, it was better, it was . . . damn fucking amazing."

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon May 28, 2012 12:03 pm

sephora wrote:@Yurice, but then the mate bond doesn't really matter much, does it...?! Shocked

If mating is so precious and coveted, and all prior books have drilled that into our heads, then no matter how happy a person is in a relationship, if their "mate" where to appear, they shouldn't be able to deny their chemistry/pull towards each other...

Gahhhh!..I knew there was a reason I try not to think much about stuff like this...I'm an all-or-nothing kinda girl....( you can imagine how terrible my days were pre KoS release..lol)....so this book has me a bit off my psy-changeling loving heart...

I really don't know what to make of it. ^^
Somehow, the reason why I like Hawke and Sienna's is that though Hawke thought they will never mate, he treated her as his, as in, she comes first before his beloved pack...not mated(at first) but regarded as one. And for me, that's more important than just having the bond snap in place.

OK I lied...I won't be happy if Sienna did not mate with Hawke! but if Riaz will cherish Adria like his true mate, I think I'll be content. Smile
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Mon May 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh God, I can't believe I still have to wait until tomorrow... I want the book now!! And I want a happy ending with the mating bond and everything!!!
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon May 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Sarah! Two hours left! Two hours and 19 minutes, not that I'm counting.. I really hope that Amazon sends me this friggin ebook 00:01, or I'll be ANGRY.

Two hours and 18 minutes.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Mon May 28, 2012 1:50 pm

So what if a potential mate appears? The bond is not automatic. A conscious (well, willing more like) choice has to be made to snap the bond in place. Riaz has already made his choice. And I expect Adria will make the choice to be with him too. And that is all that matters. Tomorrow, we'll see how the story goes Very Happy

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 pm

@lady Jaye, but in all cases, the overwhelming attraction, sexual tension, just plain chemistry between mates, has always been present.Acceptance of the bond is a conscious or willing decision. The basis of the bond has always been present.

Tmrw cant get here fast enough, I tell you....
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next