The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lady Jaye Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 am

Guys like what? Riaz or Hawke?
now that I am reading it over and over again, KoS was choppy. I feel a bit cheated since SO many things were going on. I mean,why did Walker/Lara take up 25% of the book? And then the psy war thing was another 10% gone. And then Miss Perfect Sascha and Lucas was 5%.... and then Hawke and Sienna over-thinking things.

It's still one of my top favorites because it is well-written and, because I love Hawke and SD, but it could have been so much more. Hawke deserved so much more than to have his book overridden with a lot of stuff. (I'm really glad Nalini will be poaching some of Riaz's book to Hawke and Sienna Very Happy )

Oh well.
I don't think it will be changing in Riaz's book, cos Nalini is setting up a whole new arc, so she needs to explain a whole bunch of stuff, so I expect it will be filled with Kaleb, arrows, and Hawke/Sienna (not that i am complaining Twisted Evil )

Last edited by Lady Jaye on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clearing up my thots)

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Bella171901 Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 am

Mmmh, the mating thing is really ... weird. I agree with this. But think about one thing: When you were in HighSchool and once a year their was a sickness wave. Halv of the students were at home and thought they were having whatever but they didn't. They just thought they had it, but they didn't.
Mating bond: all those years past, Hawke's memories are those from a 10 year old. He was different back then. I don't think they would be mates. Maybe lovers. Maybe when they had the time to date, they would've found out they're just friends.

But ... anyway, We'll see how Riaz and Aunt will work.

Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:53 am

It wasn't the flexibility in the mating bond that bothered me. It was that we've been given a set of information from the author ("guidelines" for how her world works, I guess) and then suddenly this information is false. That borders on amateurish writing and I don't like reading books by amateurs.

We were told over and over that mating isn't a fluid thing, something that seemed odd and too "fairy tale" to me, but it is Nalini's world an so what she writes is canon. No complaints from me. But then KoS comes and NS starts to change the rules to the Psy-Changeling world. Rules that were "unchangeable".

Now, authors can do that - it is their world after all. However, in order not to be disrespectful to readers (in my opinion) authors should ideally change things in as believable and subtle a way as possible. Hawke/Sienna was about as subtle as um... a naked Kaleb in the midst of a group of us Wink

Maybe NS tweaking her world wouldn't have bothered me as much if the rest of KoS wasn't as sloppy...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:59 am

Very Happy at a naked Kaleb.

I always had the understanding that the mating bond was fluid until the bond actually snapped in place, then it was set in stone. In StS, Nate's story, PoP and then KoS. Esp Nate's story. Tammy's one of the reasons Tammy's mom was so mad at Nate was that he wouldn't open himself to the mating bond, but he wouldn't reject it so that Tammy was free to find another mate..... That's why Rissa didn't bother me. And that's why Hawke didn't bother me as well. He was closed off, so even if someone came along who wanted to be his mate (Sienna), the bond wasn't going to happen. Lulu201h has also thought that the wolf was aware Sienna was it's mate, the idiot man just wouldn't listen. Then the one time he opens himself, the bond snaps, because the woman was willing. Kinda like Tammy and Nate....

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Yes, fluid during the mating dance but there was always just one person - Nate knew Tammy was his mate and that never changed. I assume if Tammy had died or rejected the mating bond Nate would have gone into self-destruct mode. I mean, didn't Lucas basically give an ultimatum in StS (before mating with Sascha) that if she died he was as good as dead? Wouldn't that mean that Riaz should basically be a lovelorn zombie instead of sniffing after Adria the Masochist?

I get the reasoning behind Hawke's mating - I just feel like it's a stretch. We aren't told that Hawke's magical changeling mate-dar was on the fritz when he was little, we're told Rissa would have grown up to be his mate. Which basically means that each person can have multiple potential mates.

And that's fine, in fact it makes far more sense than there being only one person in the entire world being compatible with an individual changeling. I like the new explanation. However, it was at least insinuated by the changelings dramatic behavior that the one-mate thing was true for nine books.

Maybe the one-mate thing is supposed to be an incorrect interpretation by the changelings themselves of something far more fluid. I can see that explaining away the contradictory views/actions of the changelings before KoS's monkey wrench. If that is a topic in Rias & Adria I will be very happy & impressed and... and... abstain from mentioning a naked Kaleb ever again. Wink

Soooo... basically I've created a loophole that will allow me to continue to read the books happily. I think I'll go off and see if I can make one for eating chocolate everyday.... Hmmmm...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:47 pm

ooooh naked. Kaleb.
I don't care anymore ... just give him to me and nobody gets hurt.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Should we add chocolate to this picture?
Twisted Evil

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:44 pm

@ Nina: Lulu posted Nalini's response around here. I think she said Nalini would explain all that in Riaz and Adria's book, so you are right, Riaz's book will explain a whole buncha stuff.

As for Lucas, I think he was just saying stuff - you know, she's the only one for me, yadda yadda yadda, cos they had not even begun the mating dance. i think it was more, if she died, then he wouldn't want anyone else.

Adria the masochist? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!

I'm, glad you found the loophole, hehe.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:45 pm

But I really like the Naked KALEB visual. Very Happy

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Wouldn't that mean that Riaz should basically be a lovelorn zombie instead of sniffing after Adria the Masochist?

So, are we using this nickname from now on? I am thinking that it may not be a bad idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Lady Jaye wrote:Guys like what? Riaz or Hawke?

Guys that don't actually exist. Show me a guy who really loves only this one woman and wouldn't even look at someone else. Or show me a woman who doesn't appreciate the goodlooking pizza guy (<- We had pizza last night.. xD). I'm not saying that people aren't able to love. Of course they are. But the stuff in Nalini's books isn't real anymore. It's kind of.. not insulting, but I don't find a better word. You don't need to be like the women in her books and your partner doesn't need to be like them either. You can love him or her like hell, but you still get angry at them (and not like Sascha who then has hot sex.. well, what else does she actually do? She has sex with Lucas and she eats chocolate and she's talking about E-Psys. That's it.. Anyway..) you sometimes don't want to sleep with them, you don't always put them before you and you DO see others. You wouldn't act on it, but loving someone doesn't mean that you can't feel attracted to someone else. The relationships in the books were so.. serious from the beginning on most of the times. I mean, look at Hawke and Sienna. His "no, we can't be a couple blah" implies that he thinks that both of them would stay together for the rest of their lives. Um.. hello?

That Nalini changed the rules, well.. I'm not a fan of authors changing the concept of their series or bringing stuff in right before they NEED and use it (if she e.g. implied something like Hawke/Sienna being possible in the 6th book it would've been different and not that weird) but she kind of did what I was waiting for, so the problems I had with it weren't as big.. Sounds stupid, right? :/ Well. She did what I wanted her to do with the mating bond but the way she did it? Too convenient for my tastes. Neutral

I think, no matter how much I love the series, she should either stop writing them or change them. After ten books I'd like to read something new. Because.. boy meets girl, girl has problems with intimacy (or boy is tortured).. then they have sex - and all of the ten couples have very similiar sex. So, you ask yourself: "Who had sex with whom first and who taught the others? (Did Lucas and Hawke have had sex with the same person once, then had sex with different women who had sex with some of their lieutenants? Where is Sarah? Our commune! Right there! Shit.)" Then someone almost dies, is almost murdered, Drew gets shot, someone doesn't want to mate (because still connected to the Net, other mate, doesn't want to leave her own Pack, dominance, blahblah, christmas). Not necessarily in this order. Theeen everything's being dealt with, children play, Paramore doesn't break up, Adelé isn't sad anymore, Meredith Grey and Derek are happy, the Council isn't Silent anymore, the Psy and the Changeling are best friends, hero finally notices that he isn't gay afterall and they mate (of course here they again have lots of oral sex) etc. - gets old after a while.

Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:17 pm

hen they have sex - and all of the ten couples have very similiar sex. So, you ask yourself: "Who had sex with whom first and who taught the others?

Lol. Well, all of that paragraph was funny but that... that stood out.

Btw, you left out "girl is aroused to fever-pitch".

Speaking of fever-pitch and Adele (if you're talking about the singer...):

Can anyone here listen to "Rolling in the Deep" and never snort at the "reaching a fever-pitch" part? All I think is "whoah! Nalini Singh! Adele! They're the same person!!! OMG!!!!111!!!1*#$%%@$!!!"

Either that or Adele is actually Psy...
Hmmmm...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleydevlin Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:00 am

@ Patricia

Hi, i am mostly a silent reader of this blog but i enjoy you guys banter, its cute Smile but this time i slightly disagree and wanted to share my POV but its not meant to hurt you or anyone else Smile

i don't think there is anything wrong with these couples sex life or with the stories, the problem is too much gap between them, that build up expectations and its almost impossible to come to the expectations of every reader.

Hawk and Sienna story was good but i wanted more from it, i still sometime think that nalini should have told walker and lara's story separately. i mean lauren men has the tendency to take over and there story was so dynamic that i felt that it dominated hawk's story.

the lack of information is another thing, there was nothing new in this book, we got a war which wasn't even a proper war. i mean, i expected much more and even Henry escaped Mad , the only saving grace was the valve thing because i was beginning to think that sienna was just like jean in x-man series.

now, the next book is in june and this is august !!! i mean counting from june that is 1 whole year and we dont know anything concrete about the leads, only kaleb and other arrows are interesting but too wait a whole year to get a bread crumb, i mean what can really possibly happen? more secret arrow talks, kaleb planning and thinking about the lost star, and again the escape of whichever villain is in that story.

she should finish the plot of this generation and move to next ones, wasn't silence suppose to fall by the end of first arc? why do we have to wait while other authors are updating there series every 2 months.

okay, i am frustrated Crying or Very sad .....any idea what can we do to make her publish her stories more quickly? Idea

ashleydevlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:37 am

ashleydevlin wrote:@ Patricia

Hi, i am mostly a silent reader of this blog but i enjoy you guys banter, its cute Smile but this time i slightly disagree and wanted to share my POV but its not meant to hurt you or anyone else Smile

Hey you! Smile No, it takes more to insult me.. Like.. well.. um.. aah..

i don't think there is anything wrong with these couples sex life
Don't think so either. Well, okay.. Sascha and Lucas? It's a bit.. much. I wouldn't be able to walk properly if I were her, but maybe that's another of her abilities. "E Psy. The essential ability to walk after sexathons." No, kidding. I just think that it's a bit weird that all of them.. Ah, whatever.
or with the stories, the problem is too much gap between them, that build up expectations and its almost impossible to come to the expectations of every reader.
This is probably right. But these expectations are also 'increasing' with the amount of books that have been written. I noticed that with the Lynsay Sands novels (not my kind of novels). I didn't like them, but the more I read, the less I liked them, because it was always the same.

Hawk and Sienna story was good but i wanted more from it, i still sometime think that nalini should have told walker and lara's story separately. i mean lauren men has the tendency to take over and there story was so dynamic that i felt that it dominated hawk's story.
In this case I guess it wasn't possible to release their stories seperately, because Walker was the 'solution' to Siennas almost-death, but you're right. I think Sarah and I once talked about that very much. We ultimately agreed that the book simply needed more pages for the story to .. develop? evolve? (need the right word, but I'm too lazy to look it up xD) properly.

the lack of information is another thing, there was nothing new in this book, we got a war which wasn't even a proper war. i mean, i expected much more and even Henry escaped Mad , the only saving grace was the valve thing because i was beginning to think that sienna was just like jean in x-man series.
Jean! Yay! X Men! Sorry. I know that I once nerded out about them.. xD Um, the lack of information. Yes. I mean, there WAS something new, but it wasn't explained. I just read the new book by Gena Showalter, Lord of the Vampires, a series that Nalini Singh's writing the 4th novel in, and it was very similiar to that. There were a dozen things, but none of them have been 'introduced' and explained properly. It's like when you're in a different country and you eg touch your hair and then three guys are talking to you about introducing you to their parents. You SEE what's happening there and you have some theories, but you don't know for sure WHY they do what they're doing.

now, the next book is in june and this is august !!! i mean counting from june that is 1 whole year and we dont know anything concrete about the leads, only kaleb and other arrows are interesting but too wait a whole year to get a bread crumb, i mean what can really possibly happen? more secret arrow talks, kaleb planning and thinking about the lost star, and again the escape of whichever villain is in that story.

she should finish the plot of this generation and move to next ones, wasn't silence suppose to fall by the end of first arc? why do we have to wait while other authors are updating there series every 2 months.
Ilona Andrews.. 2013.. 2013.. Way worse! And Nalini writes very fast and much, I think. I mean, the Guild Hunter series, then the Lord of Abyss, two novellas and then the next Psy/Changeling novel. It could be worse. ;D But you're right, as a reader you want to get all the books RIGHT NOW.

okay, i am frustrated Crying or Very sad .....any idea what can we do to make her publish her stories more quickly? Idea

No, sorry, but I'll be a bit frustrated, too. So, at least, you're not alone. ;D

Lol. Well, all of that paragraph was funny but that... that stood out.

Btw, you left out "girl is aroused to fever-pitch".

Speaking of fever-pitch and Adele (if you're talking about the singer...):

Can anyone here listen to "Rolling in the Deep" and never snort at the "reaching a fever-pitch" part? All I think is "whoah! Nalini Singh! Adele! They're the same person!!! OMG!!!!111!!!1*#$%%@$!!!"

Either that or Adele is actually Psy...
Hmmmm...

Yes, completely forgot that. Probably because I wouldn't find the words.. >_< Someone! Teach my English! (Btw, do you know another word for rating? There is this 5 out of 5 stars rating and then there is.. PG13 etc. Originally I just wanted to keep my "sexual content" things in my reviews, but torture isn't exactly something sexual.. soo.. um, yeah.)

When I read that I was listening to that song, I had to laugh so hard xDD Bwaha. Never thought about it, but NOW. Damn. xDD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleydevlin Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 am

[quote] Ilona Andrews.. 2013.. 2013.. Way worse! And Nalini writes very fast and much, I think. I mean, the Guild Hunter series, then the Lord of Abyss, two novellas and then the next Psy/Changeling novel. It could be worse. ;D But you're right, as a reader you want to get all the books RIGHT NOW. [quote]

Yeah, that would be the ultimate dream come true, all nalini singh books together 'sigh' but i know that isn't possible Smile i didn't mean that she doesn't write fast enough, my point was that they didn't get published quickly, i mean archangel's blade is releasing in sept and she wrote it last year and it even got reviewed in Dec 2010. that is a long period... i wish her books get published more quickly, i mean max 3-4 month difference but i guess she has her reasons, i just don't agree with them. i love her work too much so may be that's why i am so umm whats the word, impatient.

she has spoiled me for other authors, i can't read any author which don't give a solid plot..........................

ashleydevlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 am

I am reading back through the books and Sascha is starting to annoy me big time. Little miss I'm perfect and know everyone's emotions and can make decisions for them (When she was thinking Dorian shouldn't mate Ashaya I wanted to slap her silly, Evil or Very Mad )

Speaking of Ilona Andrews - does anyone know if she is going to give Andrea her own series?

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 am

There's always someone who is little miss sunshine.
Bella in Twilight (I would say Esme, but she's just ... not annoying, I would feel bad if I would think about her like she's a bitch)
Marissa in BlackDagger
Jane Bennett etc etc etc
And they really annoy.
I prefere bitches.
Jane in Twilight, and Alice, Rhages and Vishous in BlackDagger, Lizzy and the Sister of the redhead in P&P.
But fact is: People who can read thought are creepy, people who can throw things at you without touching them are sexy. People who can read your emotions and act like saints are boring. You wanna hit them unconcious and throw in a veeeeery deep well and then ... close it.
People who can read your emotions and make fun of them (Nix, Alice (I know, they can't read emotions but they allready know how you react, so they in fact CAN read you emotions)). Just think of Nix.
I love her. I'm all Team Nix.
And Lady Jaye: I don't like Ashaya. Her Twin is much ... creepier. She's fun. But Ashaya? Her power is nothing special, she is nothing special, and really, I would've expected someone else for Dorian to mate.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 am

Oy, now you need to be special to be appreciated as a character.. Oh, the youth.. ;D

I didn't connect to Shaya, but it was just the book, I think. I expected something different, not only from the heroine but from Dorian as well.

As for the characters, I don't really want bitches, but I don't want the perfect housewife who doesn't ever complain about anything at all, either. (And sometimes it just feels like they are lying to themselves. When I read the (German) Sookie Stackhouse novels I often got that vibe. - This often annoys me even more.)

Hm, I think I'd actually HATE someone who was able to read thoughts if he or she made fun of these thoughts, because that's just plain rude, arrogant and insulting, but I think I get what you mean. They have to have something interesting, or else no one would really read their stories.

The problem is that you can give your characters the most amazing abilities or traits.. If they don't act on them and if their personalities don't 'show' it's all for nothing.

Shayas ability wasn't not special, I think. It was her personality that didn't stand out as much as the others for me - I couldn't relate to her although we actually HAD some things in common.

Oh and Nix? Who's Nix?

Lady Jaye, no idea, I was wondering that earlier today, too (rereading the series right now). We'll probably have to wait and see. *makes tea for everyone*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Patricia - I can't really think of a better word than rating. It's just one of those words that everyone uses in reviews. Smile

Bah, you're all mentioning just the annoying girls. What about the guys? The changeling guys sorta creep me out sometimes with their sex addiction and child love. Now that I've written that, the two of those in the same sentence looks really sketchy. I leave it in for laughs Wink

But yeah, I've rarely seen a 20's-30's man voluntarily want to play with kids and oohh and ahh over any but their own. A dude who lurrrrvvss children that much just screams "pedophile" to me. But I'm distrustful and jaded like that...

Sometimes I wonder if NS is a bit... I don't know... naive in a way?

And the changeling sex addiction is just weird to me. Yes they are "animals" and real animals copulate. However, I think in general animals mate at specific times in order to continue their species. Babies. Sex=genes passed on=babies in the animal kingdom. Now changelings, they can't have kids unless they are dedicated to one person. So the whole "ooooohhh, I'm-a-leopard-and-must-be-touched-to-survive-do-you-want-to-go-to-bed?" must be a clever ruse from a nympho-race...

Those darn changelings... *shakes fist in air* tongue

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Patricia - you don't know Nix? Nix, Proto Valkyrie?
You gotta read Immortels after dark by Kresley Cole. You know, the first book is all I'm an Alpha and you're my wife. Hehe, but the wife got family, and this family is ... just Laughing Really.
I mean, He, Lachlain (immortel Lykae (werewolf) king), was prisoned for around 300 years under the streets of Paris and now, he found Emma (halv Valkyrie-Vampire), his mate. He smelled her or something.
He finally (hallelujah) gets out of his prison, and (of course) wants his mate.
But she was just searching for her routs. Her mother died when she was an infant and her father is the unknown Vampire-gene-giver.
Haha, she's all pretty and cute and he's totally 17th century like.
The book is boring. Very boring.
Just their families are sooooo cool.
The Valkyrie coven from New Orleans, against the Lykae coven from scotland. muhaaha.
And Nix is the Proto-Valkyrie, means: the oldest and first one. She can see the future and when you look up Disturbia there's a picture of Nix.
You can't stand but laugh about all of them.
They're old and a whole bunch Indigo-Mercys.
You gotta read them.
Now!

Nina: I think if changelings wouldn't be so addicted to touching they would be extincted (?) since ... a looooon time.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Nina, I think I somewhere said that it's not only the guys but the girls too and the other way around? Dunno. Actually the girls are just annoying and in Sascha's case hilariously so, but the guys are so not real. Ah, I remember. I mentioned that when I complained about the mating xD But it's not only the mating that is odd, but the guys. Mated, unmated, demated..

Nix the Proto Valkyrie. Uh-uh. I read one of these books once.. There was some tortured hero and a little valkyrie x vampire hybrid.. um.. xD Wait, that IS the one you're talking about. BUt it's only the first in the German translation. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 am

jaha, the tortures hero, boring ... but the books are getting better
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

Nalini's blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Tangle Of Need

...is the title for the next Psy/Changeling book! Release date: May 29, 2012

Labels: Psy/Changeling #11, Psy/Changeling Series, Tangle of Need

posted by Nalini Singh @ 10:07 AM
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 pm

... Drew gets shot ... lol!

Mating is complicated and it´s so ultimate. What if you´re are finally mated and afterwards you find out - something teribble like he eats monkey brain...
Or he kills your favourite pet ´cause it was "staring at him". How can I be able to still love this guy?
There should be some kind of return right in my opinion

I hope that Tangle of Need (#11, Riaz´ and Adria the Masochist´s book) give us more information about this topic

@Nina:
sexual addiction and child love: one of our secretaries here in Germany withdraw from his position yesterday ´cause he had an affair with an 16 year old girl - maybe he´s a changeling?! Suspect
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:24 pm

@Sarah,
iuh! I read about him too. Uah, that's so ... I mean´, he's not even hot, just ... ugly and ....uah
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next